Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)

Read 30234 times
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Re: Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)
      Reply #46: Jun 16, 2016 08:25:54 pm
      Looks decent tonight so far! Would definitely be an upgrade on Moreno (which wouldn't be hard)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #47: Jun 17, 2016 11:18:58 am
      Looks decent tonight so far! Would definitely be an upgrade on Moreno (which wouldn't be hard)

Heck, John Arne Riise (even now) would be an upgrade to Moreno.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jun 17, 2016 12:28:55 pm
      Can't understand why we aren't going for this guy, looks a good player and given what some players go for these days, would be available at a reasonable price.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #49: Jun 17, 2016 12:45:35 pm
      Can't understand why we aren't going for this guy, looks a good player and given what some players go for these days, would be available at a reasonable price.

Because it makes too much sense.

We'd prob spunk the money on Kieron Gibbs first.
      Kopite78
      Reply #50: Jun 17, 2016 04:43:34 pm

Because it makes too much sense.

We'd prob spunk the money on Kieron Gibbs first.

Apparently because of how highly this Ben Chilwell is rated

I've personally not seen anything of him but he's apparently very highly rated, within England youth set ups, they have said he is s future England captain.. Wenger rates him highly and wants him ( he wants us though) and say what we want about Wenger he is great at spotting youth talent.. He's very highly rated by Klopp's mate at Huddersfield who had recommended him to Klopp

We'll end up with this lad and Moreno.

Chilwell is more of a defenders defender by all accounts and even though he won't play all games if he arrives he will play the games where we need an out and out defender and Moreno more likely the ones at Anfield where we want to be on the front foot constantly

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #51: Jun 17, 2016 04:51:08 pm

I've personally not seen anything of him but he's apparently very highly rated, within England youth set ups, they have said he is s future England captain.. Wenger rates him highly and wants him ( he wants us though) and say what we want about Wenger he is great at spotting youth talent.. He's very highly rated by Klopp's mate at Huddersfield who had recommended him to Klopp

Chilwell is more of a defenders defender by all accounts and even though he won't play all games if he arrives he will play the games where we need an out and out defender and Moreno more likely the ones at Anfield where we want to be on the front foot constantly

19 year old with 8 apps at Huddersfield, he is going to be a long term project if we end up signing him.

It's all fine signing young talented players but we need an upgrade now who can step in for Moreno.
      Kopite78
      Reply #52: Jun 17, 2016 04:55:09 pm
      19 year old with 8 apps at Huddersfield, he is going to be a long term project if we end up signing him.

It's all fine signing young talented players but we need an upgrade now who can step in for Moreno.

Mate I'm all for signing ready for now players, I've been saying for the last couple of years that this strategy of buying youth is leaving us with a lack of leaders and when push comes to shove in some games then that shows desperately

I was just saying why I don't think we are going for Hector and I didn't think we'd go for Gibbs

On a slight separate note I think we could get away with a project at LB, I want us to sign leaders, ready made winners in the keys areas like CM
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Jun 17, 2016 04:57:03 pm

I've personally not seen anything of him but he's apparently very highly rated, within England youth set ups, they have said he is s future England captain.
      Seems a fair enough comment K78 and by all accounts, Arsenal bid £5m for him. That appears to be very 'light' for a player who is supposed to be highly rated (given how much other highly rated teenagers go for) so it'll be interesting to see how high Jürgen rates the kid.

If it were up to me and I genuinely wanted to replace Moreno (himself still a kid); I'm not sure buying another kid, no matter how cheap, would be the way I'd go. We are F***ing minted mate so why not buy Chilwell and an already experienced starter?  :laugh:

Kopite78
      Reply #54: Jun 17, 2016 05:07:15 pm
      Seems a fair enough comment K78 and by all accounts, Arsenal bid £5m for him. That appears to be very 'light' for a player who is supposed to be highly rated (given how much other highly rated teenagers go for) so it'll be interesting to see how high Jürgen rates the kid.

If it were up to me and I genuinely wanted to replace Moreno (himself still a kid); I'm not sure buying another kid, no matter how cheap, would be the way I'd go. We are f**king minted mate so why not buy Chilwell and an already experienced starter?  :laugh:

I suppose it depends mate how much Klopp rates Moreno, maybe he doesn't want to get rid and is happy to develop both in a horses for courses situation

Like I said above for me I'd love for us to buy experience in a more 'vital' role

As you say we are minted... Just we have spent slot of that seemingly on a massive padlock to the safe.. And keep changing the PIN number on the transfer debit card  :D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #55: Jun 17, 2016 05:18:33 pm
      I suppose it depends mate how much Klopp rates Moreno, maybe he doesn't want to get rid and is happy to develop both in a horses for courses situation

Like I said above for me I'd love for us to buy experience in a more 'vital' role

As you say we are minted... Just we have spent slot of that seemingly on a massive padlock to the safe.. And keep changing the PIN number on the transfer debit card  :D

Listening to TaW you would get the impression that Klopp thinks more highly of Moreno than the rest of us that is for sure.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #56: Jun 17, 2016 05:30:09 pm
      Listening to TaW you would get the impression that Klopp thinks more highly of Moreno than the rest of us that is for sure.

Bit like Mig's,Az?...

I don't think Klopp likes to give too much away & Im sure after Moreno's performance in Europa Final Klopp would have looked at Moreno & thought ' I need to address this situation'...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #57: Jun 17, 2016 05:37:59 pm

I think you put too much value into what is said in TAW. If Klopp rates Moreno, I'll eat my hat.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #58: Jun 17, 2016 05:41:33 pm
      Bit like Mig's,Az?...

I don't think Klopp likes to give too much away & Im sure after Moreno's performance in Europa Final Klopp would have looked at Moreno & thought ' I need to address this situation'...

Moreno is an interesting one Shabs, he is not void of physical talent what he lacks is presence of mind within the games where he seemingly shuts off. You know he is a converted wing-back so it's not like he has been playing this position since he was a kid. Jürgen maybe looking to get rid of him or he may see him and the idea that there is a lot of talent there if he could reign him in and teach him how to play the position correctly.

I would not be shocked on either scenario to be honest.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #59: Jun 17, 2016 05:45:55 pm
      I think you put too much value into what is said in TAW. If Klopp rates Moreno, I'll eat my hat.

Considering the choice of information available to us FL, I put more stock into the fellas at TAW then I do the rags or most supporters to be honest.

Moreno has a lot of holes but considering we have zero credible links to another back besides a Chilwel and that the talk is Flanno for defensive type matches and a Moreno for offensive type matches (rotating the two depending on the opponent) seems to be an on going discussion, it's really not out of the realm of possibility that Klopp rates him more than we all do.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2016 06:46:11 pm

Sign them both and bin off Moreno IMO.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2016 07:28:49 am
      Anything that gets Moreno out of the side.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2016 04:18:47 pm
      In a good side with solid defense and a dm. Moreno can be good, if you put Marcelo, lahm and alves as our wing backs. They will struggle too.

Not saying we don't need competition for Moreno but I personally would hold on to him for one more season. Maybe Klopp finally gets something into his head.

:couch:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #63: Jul 12, 2016 04:05:11 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #64: Jul 12, 2016 04:07:34 pm
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #65: Jul 12, 2016 04:09:37 pm
      At least he knows he would be guaranteed first team football here with Moreno as competition
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #66: Jul 12, 2016 04:10:05 pm
      Guess we will see how strong Klopp's pull is.

Probably come down to the fee and wages - so I'm not confident  :-\

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #67: Jul 12, 2016 04:52:28 pm

Don't believe it personally, we were meant to have made an offer for him before but we hadn't.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #68: Jul 12, 2016 05:08:42 pm
      If true and we could get him it would really finalize the solidity of the back 4

Clyne, Matip, Lovren Hector (Sakho, Gomez,Lucas, Flanno, Moreno)

Not bad that.

Quick Reply