Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Quarter Finals - who do we want? We got Dortmund!

Read 20788 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Quarter Finals - who do we want? We got Dortmund!
      Reply #207: Apr 06, 2016 12:02:40 pm
      I've gone for a 1-1 away and 0-0 at home Luke in the prediction league but the closer the game gets I have a feeling we could score 2 or 3 away.  I've no idea why but I feel we'll be more than a match for them and somehow, somewhere Jürgen will pull out a trump card from up his sleeve  ;D

I don't think Firmino will make it either, he's still a doubt  :(

Agreed with the trump card Debs, not a clue what it will be though. I do think if Lucas was fit he'd have been certain to start somewhere, either CB or midfield.

Not convinced this is a game for Joe Allen, Dortmund while not all 6ft they're still a very big physical side when compared to us and we can't afford to be weak in the engine room. Ibe doesn't come across as the most tactically astute either so his options are truthfully very limited.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #208: Apr 06, 2016 12:15:29 pm
      Agreed with the trump card Debs, not a clue what it will be though. I do think if Lucas was fit he'd have been certain to start somewhere, either CB or midfield.

Not convinced this is a game for Joe Allen, Dortmund while not all 6ft they're still a very big physical side when compared to us and we can't afford to be weak in the engine room. Ibe doesn't come across as the most tactically astute either so his options are truthfully very limited.

No I don't think they'll feature either mate, except maybe Allen coming on towards the end of the game.

Could he change to a 433?  A midfield 3 of Can, Hendo and Cou with Lallana, Origi and Studge up top?  I doubt it but you never know.  I guess Milner will be in there somewhere.

Does anyone know if Gundogen is going to be fit, last I heard he was a doubt same as Hummells but I think he was training again yesterday?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #209: Apr 06, 2016 12:39:41 pm
      No I don't think they'll feature either mate, except maybe Allen coming on towards the end of the game.

Could he change to a 433?  A midfield 3 of Can, Hendo and Cou with Lallana, Origi and Studge up top?  I doubt it but you never know.  I guess Milner will be in there somewhere.

Does anyone know if Gundogen is going to be fit, last I heard he was a doubt same as Hummells but I think he was training again yesterday?

Yeah back in training yesterday Debs, would have been a huge boost if he missed the game.

As for 4-3-3 I personally think we'll see the 4-2-3-1, but as you've stressed just a very compact version of it. I don't think we'll see Clyne get over the half way line much at all, in Moreno's case I think it's probably impossible to shackle him but he'll certainly be asked to be more restrained.

Milner has been terrible for us recently in my opinion, I'd rather have Henderson out there of the two alongside Emre, as for Milner playing further forward I think Lallana deserves his place in the side and I'd much prefer us to have Origi out there just to give them something to think about in terms of pace.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #210: Apr 06, 2016 01:09:28 pm
      Yeah back in training yesterday Debs, would have been a huge boost if he missed the game.

As for 4-3-3 I personally think we'll see the 4-2-3-1, but as you've stressed just a very compact version of it. I don't think we'll see Clyne get over the half way line much at all, in Moreno's case I think it's probably impossible to shackle him but he'll certainly be asked to be more restrained.

Milner has been terrible for us recently in my opinion, I'd rather have Henderson out there of the two alongside Emre, as for Milner playing further forward I think Lallana deserves his place in the side and I'd much prefer us to have Origi out there just to give them something to think about in terms of pace.

That's a blow if he's training again but he may not be ready for a full 90 minutes.

A 442 diamond could also be a surprise with Can at the base, Hendo right, Milner left, Cou at the tip with Origi and Daniel as the 2 but it would have to be and remain very compact and narrow.

Ah who the hell knows but it'll probably be a 4231 mate as that seems to be his preferred set up.  I do agree though that I'd prefer Hendo a bit further forward with Milner further back but then that negates Lallana who I also think deserves his spot.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #211: Apr 06, 2016 02:54:44 pm
      You and any other Dortmund fans will be fine in the pubs if you can't get tickets mate.  There's mutual respect from both sets of fans and that's always appreciated by the Reds.

Will you be staying for the Hillsborough Memorial Service at Anfield on the Friday?  It would be awesome to have a contingent of yellow and black who have shown fantastic support towards our fight for justice.  Tickets are free for everyone so if you're interested and will still be in the City this is the telephone number 44151 264 2500 to order tickets.

Hi reddebs,

just wanted to advertise the Service on a bvb board and had already formulated the text when suddenly noticing that tickets have only been available till 31st of march. I have to admit I didn´t read the article carefully enough...

Is there any chance for interested Dortmund fans to get a ticket through another channel or anywhere around the stadium on the 14th or 15th?

Regards
      Tom
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #212: Apr 06, 2016 03:26:02 pm
      Hi reddebs,

just wanted to advertise the Service on a bvb board and had already formulated the text when suddenly noticing that tickets have only been available till 31st of march. I have to admit I didn´t read the article carefully enough...

Is there any chance for interested Dortmund fans to get a ticket through another channel or anywhere around the stadium on the 14th or 15th?

Regards
      Tom

Hi Tom

I believe that people arriving with spares on the day will be handed to the Stewards for anyone arriving without them.  A lot of people over order tickets for the Memorial in case family or friends decide to go that weren't planning on doing so and they understand that there will be people there who didn't manage to get them.

I also understand that the ticket office at the ground will be open for anyone requesting collection of pre ordered tickets so there may be some that haven't been collected.

Other than that mate ask around in the local pubs on the day or at the match.  We're a very generous bunch especially when it comes to respect given to the 96 from opposition fans so it wouldn't surprise me for someone to give up their tickets so the BVB fans are represented.

It's usual for the Club visiting Anfield around the time of the Anniversary to bring a floral tribute to place at the Memorial, with a mini ceremony for Club officials and most visiting fans will leave something as a mark of respect.  Club scarf, shirt, light a candle, say a prayer, leave flowers or just a simple written message, whatever they feel is appropriate and all will be appreciated.

Hope that helps mate.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #213: Apr 06, 2016 04:43:16 pm
      Hi Tom

I believe that people arriving with spares on the day will be handed to the Stewards for anyone arriving without them.  A lot of people over order tickets for the Memorial in case family or friends decide to go that weren't planning on doing so and they understand that there will be people there who didn't manage to get them.

I also understand that the ticket office at the ground will be open for anyone requesting collection of pre ordered tickets so there may be some that haven't been collected.

Other than that mate ask around in the local pubs on the day or at the match.  We're a very generous bunch especially when it comes to respect given to the 96 from opposition fans so it wouldn't surprise me for someone to give up their tickets so the BVB fans are represented.

It's usual for the Club visiting Anfield around the time of the Anniversary to bring a floral tribute to place at the Memorial, with a mini ceremony for Club officials and most visiting fans will leave something as a mark of respect.  Club scarf, shirt, light a candle, say a prayer, leave flowers or just a simple written message, whatever they feel is appropriate and all will be appreciated.

Hope that helps mate.

Thank you for the additional information, that really helped. Already posted the appeal to visit the Service on two bvb fanboards and hope to win at least a few fellow fans for this purpose. Let you know about the responses.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #214: Apr 06, 2016 05:10:44 pm
      Thank you for the additional information, that really helped. Already posted the appeal to visit the Service on two bvb fanboards and hope to win at least a few fellow fans for this purpose. Let you know about the responses.

Excellent stuff mate.

Quick Reply