Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      31 (27.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      3 (2.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (10.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (2.7%)
      Phil Coutinho
      61 (54.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.9%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: Apr 06, 2016 07:34:54 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Spurs: In game and Post match debate

Read 27858 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Spurs: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #460: Apr 04, 2016 01:47:59 pm
      I don't think you have to like it to understand it. I wouldn't want to come off in a big game with the outcome still to be determined either. In fact I'd be pretty pissed off. He clapped the Kop as he left, I don't see that much in it to be honest and I'm usually one to ride players pretty hard for poor behavior.

Probably isn't that much in it but it just pisses me off when I see footballers sulk, especially ones that play for Liverpool.

Yeah anybody with a winners mentality would be annoyed at getting subbed. That's fine. I have no problem with that. But bottle it up and don't express it in the view of millions and give the media something to write about.

If he has the bollocks then go up to Jürgen behind closed doors and ask why he was subbed. I'm sure Jürgen would have the bollocks to say back because you barely touched the ball for 70mins so I wanted to see what Origi could offer instead.

Whether Danny was disappointed, angry or whatever doesn't matter. Respect the manager, respect your colleague and get on with it. He is a professional footballer. So act professional.  Jog off the pitch an give Origi a pat on the back and say go on son go and win it for us. That's what I'd expect from a senior player especially considering a young inexperienced player was taking his place. Not F***ing shaking his head and looking as if Jürgen has shot his mum.

I personally felt we needed pace and strength upfront at that point too, so the decision for me was the right one. And im also glad sturridge had a bit of a rest and hopefully he will be raring to go on Thursday.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #461: Apr 04, 2016 02:34:28 pm
      I don't think you have to like it to understand it. I wouldn't want to come off in a big game with the outcome still to be determined either. In fact I'd be pretty pissed off. He clapped the Kop as he left, I don't see that much in it to be honest and I'm usually one to ride players pretty hard for poor behavior.

I tend to agree with it. He's always looked p1ssed off when he has been subbed. He hasn't said anything publicly and doesn't sound privately either. Nothing in it.

As for the overall debate about Studge, when players have as much time as he has had off, they typically take a few months to get back to their best. Sanchez is going thorough the same simultaneously, which conveniently helps to highlight the issue. Flashes of the creative brilliance, but not the same sharpness and consistency. I still say he gives us more being 75% fit in terms of assists and goals than a 100% Benteke or Origi, definitely worth a punt for next season.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #462: Apr 04, 2016 03:22:41 pm
      I love Sturridge, I think he is top quality and when he is fit then i believe he is the second best forward in the league just slightly behind Aguero. He is world class. His record proves that.

we can all agree that a fit Daniel Sturridge is a great player, But World class??.... I think that is word "World Class" is banned around to much to describe players who are above average.... "slightly behind Aguero"??? Way Behind is more likely
      And what prove do I offer for that observation the fact that Aguero is linked with Barca, Real, Juve Etc... Who has Sturridge been linked with?..."I think he is top quality and when he is fit" Now that I can totally agree with

But am I pissed off because he sulked like a little girl because he got subbed? Yes I am. He is a professional footballer so respect the f**king decision of your manager and have respect for your f**king colleague who is coming on the pitch in your place. You're not a f**king 9 year old boy playing Sunday league football.
      You nailed that one, totally agree with everything you say about his sulking and his attitude

Boils my piss when pro footballers sulk like that and it annoys me even more that fans actually like them doing it because apparently it shows they care. He had 70 mins before that to showed he cared and to be honest he did very little.

Sturridge, by his standards, had a poor/quiet game on Saturday and the sub was the right one. Plus we have Thursday in mind too. So get on with it Danny and stop being a bi*ch.

As I said, love Danny, probably my favourite player, but ive got no time for idiots who sulk like that. For me its not anything like the Liverpool way.
      Again hear hear
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #463: Apr 04, 2016 04:12:16 pm
      I love Sturridge, I think he is top quality and when he is fit then i believe he is the second best forward in the league just slightly behind Aguero. He is world class. His record proves that.

But am I pissed off because he sulked like a little girl because he got subbed? Yes I am. He is a professional footballer so respect the f**king decision of your manager and have respect for your f**king colleague who is coming on the pitch in your place. You're not a f**king 9 year old boy playing Sunday league football.

Boils my piss when pro footballers sulk like that and it annoys me even more that fans actually like them doing it because apparently it shows they care. He had 70 mins before that to showed he cared and to be honest he did very little.

Sturridge, by his standards, had a poor/quiet game on Saturday and the sub was the right one. Plus we have Thursday in mind too. So get on with it Danny and stop being a bi*ch.

As I said, love Danny, probably my favourite player, but ive got no time for idiots who sulk like that. For me its not anything like the Liverpool way.

Hang on. Sulked? He just didn't smile.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #464: Apr 04, 2016 04:23:42 pm
      Hang on. Sulked? He just didn't smile.

Folks looking for something that's not there & an excuse to scapegoat..
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #465: Apr 05, 2016 10:17:00 am
      we can all agree that a fit Daniel Sturridge is a great player, But World class??.... I think that is word "World Class" is banned around to much to describe players who are above average.... "slightly behind Aguero"??? Way Behind is more likely
      And what prove do I offer for that observation the fact that Aguero is linked with Barca, Real, Juve Etc... Who has Sturridge been linked with?..."I think he is top quality and when he is fit" Now that I can totally agree with

I think he is world class yes.

He has something like 40 goals for us in the league from about 50 starts.

His career stats in the prem is also something like 2 goals every 3 games which averages about 24-25 goals a season.

Those are world class stats. Unfortunately the lad is made of glass and can barely manage half a season so he will never go down as a great but there is no doubt at all he is as good as almost anyone in the world when he is fit.

I also don't think he has a attitude problem in general, I like the lad a lot, but was embarrassed with the way he came off on Sat.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #466: Apr 05, 2016 11:02:47 am
      if the rest of what we are not seeing that Daniel Sturrigde is due to his concerns for his place in the England Euros squad

If Daniel is so concerned about his place at the Euros, then he should be showing better form than he is. 

Rooney is guaranteed to go, unless he's still injured, and there's currently no stopping Vardy or Kanes scoring ability so unless Daniel bucks up and starts scoring like we know he can he probably won't be going anyway.

He doesn't need to prove his fitness to Roy, he needs to prove he can still score goals when required.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #467: Apr 05, 2016 11:12:29 am
      Sturridge IS acting like he's not part of the team and it's disrespectful to his teammates if anything. Yes it's subtle and players don't like coming off but he's acting like the big cahoona when he's too frightened to even put himself in any risk at all. That means he's missing opportunities and moments because he's being a wimp. I've noticed it too and thought it was a phase.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #468: Apr 05, 2016 11:21:25 am
      All this chat about Daniel sulking, not giving his all, disrespecting etc, etc yet Jürgen wasn't fazed by it at all, going off his comments after the game.

He noticed the reaction and knowing how Jürgen is much more about the team than the individual, if he really doesn't like it then he'll let Daniel know, in no uncertain terms that it's not on.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #469: Apr 07, 2016 07:20:40 am
      Sturridge IS acting like he's not part of the team and it's disrespectful to his teammates if anything.
      Yes it's subtle and players don't like coming off but he's acting like the big cahoona when he's too frightened to even put himself in any risk at all. That means he's missing opportunities and moments because he's being a wimp. I've noticed it too and thought it was a phase.

Ive just got a feeling that like Owen , he has had one injury too many and has lost the edge to go in.
      Have to see if its a temporary thing or long term.
      There is the body language as well ... like you say ... subtle.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #470: Apr 07, 2016 08:14:10 am
      The only thing that can fix Danny Sturridges problems are Sturridge himself.Jürgen Klopp has given him every opportunity to prove himself and now it is time for Danny to show the manager and the fans he is still the top notch player he can be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #471: Apr 07, 2016 10:25:47 am
      The lengths people will go to to be negative about something :D Just focus on tonight's game and cheer up!

Quick Reply