Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      2 (1.4%)
      Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      45 (31%)
      Sakho
      34 (23.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      Can
      6 (4.1%)
      Milner
      2 (1.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1.4%)
      Origi
      49 (33.8%)
      Allen
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2016 10:16:40 pm

Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!

Read 37417 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!
      Reply #851: Apr 08, 2016 08:02:48 pm
      The only place they still wear flares is Dudley ....

speaking through personal experience
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #852: Apr 08, 2016 08:26:11 pm
      Do we really want to be turned over by Stoke at weekend or lose to the bitters in the upcoming derby?

Every game means something and I hope we hammer stoke on Sunday.
      Remember the last time we lost to Stoke; even tho' we had 'nothing to play for? Crucifixion.

Although... I am very confident that some of our fanbase will have (again) matured enough not to apply that same standard, should we lose this time 'round too.  :nod:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #853: Apr 08, 2016 08:52:51 pm
      Remember the last time we lost to Stoke; even tho' we had 'nothing to play for? Crucifixion.

Although... I am very confident that some of our fanbase will have (again) matured enough not to apply that same standard, should we lose this time 'round too.  :nod:

Having nothing to play for is not the same as prioritizing 1 competition over another.  At the moment, we have plenty to play for, just not in the league.  And that game we got hammered against Stoke was important as it was our last chance to see a living legend don the shirt....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #854: Apr 08, 2016 09:04:14 pm
      Having nothing to play for is not the same as prioritizing 1 competition over another.
      You're right Harry and league position being irrelevant (after having won a competition) another but yet many a c**t still found room to yap about the biggest legend of the lot.

Again tho'; I have an inkling that won't happen this season.  :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #855: Apr 08, 2016 09:16:30 pm
      We kept our shape for the whole game which was great discipline and mentality but there were a few daydream passes especially in that first half, that just put them on the front foot.
      Can's all round play in the first half was sh*te and I don't think Lallana or Coutinho touched the ball until about the 35th minute.
      Milner played almost like a second striker behind Origi and it was his header that put Origi through..

Can defo upped his game second half as did Coutihno but Lallana is too lightweight for me.

Took our eye off the ball for the goal.. sucker punch!

How the hell we didn't score in that attack just after they scored I'll never know..that one handed save down to his right from Coutihno was world class..

Solid performance and one we really should have won..

These yellow cards hanging over our players! will they miss the 1st leg of the semi(if we get through) should they get booked on Thursday? when does the amnesty kick in?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #856: Apr 09, 2016 12:15:58 am
      speaking through personal experience

Bustin ....   Black Country specials are flares
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #857: Apr 09, 2016 06:36:32 am
      For everyone in favour of resting players, does that mean we start with Sturridge against Stoke? ;D
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #858: Apr 09, 2016 08:31:33 am
      Am I the only one who thinks Can was very very good? He uses a full array of skills to get the ball out of defense and he was not afraid to run with the ball out of defense using his pace and strength.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #859: Apr 09, 2016 09:05:10 am
      Thought the whole team played well, though we gave the ball away far to easy for my liking, pity we couldn't get the second goal but a great performance all the same
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #860: Apr 09, 2016 01:59:56 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #861: Apr 09, 2016 02:08:21 pm
      We kept our shape for the whole game which was great discipline and mentality but there were a few daydream passes especially in that first half, that just put them on the front foot.
      Can's all round play in the first half was sh*te and I don't think Lallana or Coutinho touched the ball until about the 35th minute.
      Milner played almost like a second striker behind Origi and it was his header that put Origi through..

Can defo upped his game second half as did Coutihno but Lallana is too lightweight for me.

Took our eye off the ball for the goal.. sucker punch!

How the hell we didn't score in that attack just after they scored I'll never know..that one handed save down to his right from Coutihno was world class..

Solid performance and one we really should have won..

These yellow cards hanging over our players! will they miss the 1st leg of the semi(if we get through) should they get booked on Thursday? when does the amnesty kick in?

no amnesty in Europe i think
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #862: Apr 09, 2016 02:21:39 pm
      Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on
      completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In
      addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not
      carried forward to the semi-finals.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #863: Apr 09, 2016 04:49:07 pm
      There are 24 more points to play for, including 2 games in hand (in some cases 3) There is a lot to play for in the league, just to secure Europe for next year.

If we do get past this tie, then there's still Villarreal (solid Spanish side) Seville (current double holders) Braga (2011) or Donetsk (annual European Cup side) amongst others to face. That's the task in front of us in Europe, so I don't want anyone taking the foot off the accelerator in the league anytime soon.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #864: Apr 09, 2016 06:07:29 pm
      There are 24 more points to play for, including 2 games in hand (in some cases 3) There is a lot to play for in the league, just to secure Europe for next year.

If we do get past this tie, then there's still Villarreal (solid Spanish side) Seville (current double holders) Braga (2011) or Donetsk (annual European Cup side) amongst others to face. That's the task in front of us in Europe, so I don't want anyone taking the foot off the accelerator in the league anytime soon.

But at least in the cup you have a double chance. Go all out in the league and lose we are pretty much fu**ed.

Go all out in Europa and lose, we still have another chance to get through to the final in the second leg.

You can understand the reasoning behind going all outhe for the cup... But like you said the top 4 race is far from over.

Win our two/three games in hand and we are only a couple of points off city. Still a very good chance to get into the top 4.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #865: Apr 09, 2016 09:51:21 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks Can was very very good? He uses a full array of skills to get the ball out of defense and he was not afraid to run with the ball out of defense using his pace and strength.

Really?!! Dunno about that mate..
      For our centre midfield player on the night he was all over the place in the first half..
      He ran from the edge of our 18 with the ball at one point, up the pitch and just kept going and going and going then ran out of ideas and lost the ball like a school boy.
      In the first half his passes across the back line we're lazy and his attempted hoofed clearances we're Sunday league stuff.

He did improve in the second half but not to the standard we've come to expect from our centre midfield position, especially away in Europe!...

His only saving grace is that he's only 21 so he should improve but is he our centre midfield answer? No
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #866: Apr 09, 2016 11:25:19 pm
      Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on
      completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In
      addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not
      carried forward to the semi-finals.

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Cheers for that Saint..now I know.. well, thats good news I suppose.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #867: Apr 10, 2016 01:08:49 am

As Atkinson said so rightly..first half he was having a mare...2nd half he was a jewel.

That is exactly how I saw it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #868: Apr 10, 2016 03:54:58 am

You're the only one who's brought him up. He looked like a real complete player out there: matured, skilful and strong.

If it wasn't for Origi putting in such a great performance. I would have voted for Can as motm but had to give it to Origi because the way he used his strength and held the ball up. Gives us a totally different option now, with him improving so much.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #869: Apr 10, 2016 05:17:15 am
      Its a decent result, the only regret it could have been better but then now we play on our territory. We just have to score twice to get through and the way we played against them in the first leg it doesn't seem to be that tough a task. I'm very confident of reaching semis now.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #870: Apr 10, 2016 08:17:46 am
      Its a decent result, the only regret it could have been better but then now we play on our territory. We just have to score twice to get through and the way we played against them in the first leg it doesn't seem to be that tough a task. I'm very confident of reaching semis now.
      [/quote
                  A 1-0 win would be enough to get us through to the semi final.The lads will be fired up for this.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #871: Apr 10, 2016 08:37:49 am
      A clean sheet would be enough. Klopp knows well it's primarily midfield's task to keep them at bay. All in all what we did there plus some extra focus on set pieces and the job can be done.

As for the frontline the safest way to take some of the weight off our apparently busy defence is to score whenever the opportunity is given or keep their defence as busy as possible.

Tuchel is resting against Schalke Pierre-Emarick Aubameyang, Reus and Weindenfeller.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2016 03:51:46 pm by nikos »

Quick Reply