Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach

Read 43636 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach
      Reply #161: Jul 02, 2016 11:39:32 am
      Just offer them the money we get from benteke then if we need another striker go get Hal Robson Kanu on a free.

Mate, you really need to stop smoking the dog sh*t, haven't you seen the gov's health warning??

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,127 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #162: Jul 02, 2016 11:53:02 am
      Apart from the usual suspects who watch every game in every league how many knew anything of this lad up until a month ago, how many even heard of him?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #163: Jul 02, 2016 11:57:05 am
      Apart from the usual suspects who watch every game in every league how many knew anything of this lad up until a month ago, how many even heard of him?

I'd heard of him but admittedly I've never seen him play. I've only heard good things about him though which says a lot for somebody of his age.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,127 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #164: Jul 02, 2016 12:02:19 pm
      I'd heard of him but admittedly I've never seen him play. I've only heard good things about him though which says a lot for somebody of his age.

Seems to have come from nowhere to being a name a lot of people are wetting themselves over. Would he be the answer to our midfield problems short term? Obviously sounds like a future superstar so a deal to buy him and loan him back might be ideal if borrusia aren't willing to sell now. Think centre mid is our most important area this summer need a dictator in there someone to control our tempo and open things up with passing, an Alonso if you like. Is this him?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #165: Jul 02, 2016 12:22:28 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #166: Jul 02, 2016 12:49:13 pm

That Dahoud news is all over Twitter. It'll be interesting if it's true. By this time next year he'll only have a year left on his contract, will they chance it by seeing what they can get after another year of improvement or will they take what we're prepared to offer now?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #167: Jul 02, 2016 12:52:13 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #168: Jul 02, 2016 12:58:43 pm

Now this is interesting.

If it's true Dahoud has rejected a new contract I think he will push for a move to us.

Can see this one happening.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #169: Jul 02, 2016 01:02:13 pm
      Now this is interesting.

If it's true Dahoud has rejected a new contract I think he will push for a move to us.

Can see this one happening.

Teams like this tend to be stubborn though. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they kept him and sold him next summer for about 20m. I get why they'd do that as well. If they get into the Champions League by using him in the qualifiers then it'll bring in more money than the difference between his fee this summer and the fee they could get for him next summer.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      Reply #170: Jul 02, 2016 03:40:28 pm
      Teams like this tend to be stubborn though. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they kept him and sold him next summer for about 20m. I get why they'd do that as well. If they get into the Champions League by using him in the qualifiers then it'll bring in more money than the difference between his fee this summer and the fee they could get for him next summer.

What's his value..£25m?
      If it were down to me I'd offer a take it or leave it £30m to Gladbach, we get our Man they get the dollar to spend on whoever, if not we target someone else wait a season and get him then probably for less, I reckon they would deal and not risk losing him £10m,
      If things work out we could sell Benteke to palace for £30m and in effect get Mahoud for F**k all, happy days

YNWA

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #171: Jul 02, 2016 07:33:49 pm
      What's his value..£25m?
      If it were down to me I'd offer a take it or leave it £30m to Gladbach, we get our Man they get the dollar to spend on whoever, if not we target someone else wait a season and get him then probably for less, I reckon they would deal and not risk losing him £10m,
      If things work out we could sell Benteke to palace for £30m and in effect get Mahoud for F**k all, happy days

YNWA

£25m is the amount I've seen thrown about. I really don't think they'd take £30m mate, I get the impression they're going to stick by their comments about him not leaving this summer.

This is the scenario I keep thinking of...

They refuse to sell for £25-30m this summer. They keep him and he helps them get into the Champions League group stages. They could pick up about 35-45m from being in the competition (TV deal went up from last season). Come next season I think they could still get about 15-20m for him which would make not selling him now worth it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #172: Jul 02, 2016 10:03:56 pm
      £25m is the amount I've seen thrown about. I really don't think they'd take £30m mate, I get the impression they're going to stick by their comments about him not leaving this summer.

This is the scenario I keep thinking of...

They refuse to sell for £25-30m this summer. They keep him and he helps them get into the Champions League group stages. They could pick up about 35-45m from being in the competition (TV deal went up from last season). Come next season I think they could still get about 15-20m for him which would make not selling him now worth it.

Everyone has a price. There's a price that the club would accept regardless of how short they are in midfield. Just look at us letting Torres go. That was going to leave us light in the striker department but we accepted an offer we couldn't refuse at the last minute to boot. If Klopp wants him, just make them an offer they can't refuse and get it done. Otherwise stop pissing about and move on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      Reply #173: Jul 03, 2016 12:35:57 pm
      Everyone has a price. There's a price that the club would accept regardless of how short they are in midfield. Just look at us letting Torres go. That was going to leave us light in the striker department but we accepted an offer we couldn't refuse at the last minute to boot. If Klopp wants him, just make them an offer they can't refuse and get it done. Otherwise stop pissing about and move on.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YNWA
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #174: Jul 03, 2016 01:55:27 pm
      Dahoud follows premier league account on
      Instagram and likes the  picture of klopp and buvac in that account !
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #175: Jul 03, 2016 02:57:08 pm

I just noticed that, maybe a good sign. :)

https://twitter.com/FalseFirmino/status/749581372159918080
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #176: Jul 03, 2016 09:06:05 pm

Alex Texeira done the same thing by following us on Instagram or something, look how that turned out. Means nothing.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #177: Jul 03, 2016 10:27:02 pm
      Alex Texeira done the same thing by following us on Instagram or something, look how that turned out. Means nothing.

Damn you and your facts!
      Killer of all conspiracy and dreams!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #178: Jul 03, 2016 10:31:56 pm
      Damn you and your facts!
      Killer of all conspiracy and dreams!

I also think Instagram is a bit overrated. If Dahoud post a tweet, that will be something.  ;D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #179: Jul 03, 2016 10:55:45 pm

Going by that example, it shows the player wants to come at least?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #180: Jul 03, 2016 11:18:33 pm
      Going by that example, it shows the player wants to come at least?

No doubt but it means nothing if the club refuses to sell.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #181: Jul 03, 2016 11:37:05 pm
      No doubt but it means nothing if the club refuses to sell.
      He turns down Borussia Monchengladbach extension. They'll lose money if they don't sell this summer.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #182: Jul 04, 2016 12:05:36 am
      Let's sign him just so we can all start singing " Dahoud, Dahoud, Dahoud is on fire!"
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #183: Jul 04, 2016 11:36:14 am
      Let's sign him just so we can all start singing " Dahoud, Dahoud, Dahoud is on fire!"

" Dahoud, Dahoud, Dahoud is on fire! We don't need Will Grigg let that motherfucker burn"

No? I'll get me coat.

Quick Reply