Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach

Read 43612 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach
      Reply #207: Jul 11, 2016 10:23:51 pm
      Or this guy.

Liverpool scout Hoffenheim youngster Nadiem Amiri.

By Craig Hegarty -
      Jun 12, 2016

Who is Nadiem Amiri?

Liverpool are raiding Bundesliga according to countless and are being linked to players from Germany every single day. Nadiem Amiri is one of a number of relatively unknown players Liverpool are currently linked with and I’ve been tasked with giving more detail on the teenager. I have spent a lot of time watching Bundesliga matches, and Amiri is one who has the caught the eye on several occasions. Hoffenheim currently have the youngest coach in the Bundesliga, at only 28 years old Nagelsmann is currently youthful himself, but also investing in youth.

Amiri Profile:

Height: 1.80m

Nationality: German

Foot: Right

Amiri is of Afghan decent but has represented Germany at youth level right up until U21. Liverpool have scouted him a number of times this season and having carried out a successful raid on Hoffenheim last season for one Roberto Firmino, a further raid on the club isn’t unlikely. Before you get excited, Amiri has not had half the success in Germany that Roberto has. But he is certainly one who is capable of achieving it, if given the time.

A product of Hoffenheim’s youth system, Amiri has created 42 chances in only 1250 minutes on the pitch while completing 79% of his passes attempted, this has understandably led to interest across the continent.

Atletico Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have also been known to have scouted Amiri, along with a host of other German clubs. He made his debut for the German under 21 side earlier this season. Hoffenheim are obviously keen to keep their talented midfielder, rather than cash in early as they obviously see what we all do – potential.

So what type of player is he?

He is an attacking midfielder, right footed and very dangerous on the ball. He has composure beyond his years, whilst possessing that youthful attitude of NO FEAR.

Blessed with pace in abundance, he has harnessed this pace in to becoming a real attacking threat. This is done by ensuring you have an end product at the end of all that pace. Raheem Sterling is an excellent example. He has lightning pace, but his end product usually leaves a lot to be desired. Amiri has worked hard on this, ensuring he completes at the very least a successful pass to a team mate if nothing more productive; he retains the ball. Amiri has great footwork and skill on the ball. His ability to take a man on and beat him comfortably is staggering. He is not one to shy away from a challenge either, showing no fear to stick his foot in where it hurts for the benefit of the team.

But what really strikes me is his attitude. To be a professional footballer you could have ability like no other (Balotelli) but have a rotten attitude toward training and improving (Balotelli) and there are players out there today who think they have achieved greatness at a young age and plateau off causing their development to stop (Balotelli). Nadiem doesn’t seem like he is even capable of that, he just wants to work hard and become the best possible player he can.

At 19 there are obviously areas for development, but under the guidance of Klopp and Buvac I see no reason why Amiri wouldn’t be a success in England. His work rate and attitude automatically will make him a fan favourite at Anfield, but his end product and ability will endear him to the faithful.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #208: Jul 11, 2016 10:44:30 pm
      Or this guy.

Liverpool scout Hoffenheim youngster Nadiem Amiri.

By Craig Hegarty -
      Jun 12, 2016

Who is Nadiem Amiri?

Liverpool are raiding Bundesliga according to countless and are being linked to players from Germany every single day. Nadiem Amiri is one of a number of relatively unknown players Liverpool are currently linked with and I’ve been tasked with giving more detail on the teenager. I have spent a lot of time watching Bundesliga matches, and Amiri is one who has the caught the eye on several occasions. Hoffenheim currently have the youngest coach in the Bundesliga, at only 28 years old Nagelsmann is currently youthful himself, but also investing in youth.

Amiri Profile:

Height: 1.80m

Nationality: German

Foot: Right

Amiri is of Afghan decent but has represented Germany at youth level right up until U21. Liverpool have scouted him a number of times this season and having carried out a successful raid on Hoffenheim last season for one Roberto Firmino, a further raid on the club isn’t unlikely. Before you get excited, Amiri has not had half the success in Germany that Roberto has. But he is certainly one who is capable of achieving it, if given the time.

A product of Hoffenheim’s youth system, Amiri has created 42 chances in only 1250 minutes on the pitch while completing 79% of his passes attempted, this has understandably led to interest across the continent.

Atletico Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have also been known to have scouted Amiri, along with a host of other German clubs. He made his debut for the German under 21 side earlier this season. Hoffenheim are obviously keen to keep their talented midfielder, rather than cash in early as they obviously see what we all do – potential.

So what type of player is he?

He is an attacking midfielder, right footed and very dangerous on the ball. He has composure beyond his years, whilst possessing that youthful attitude of NO FEAR.

Blessed with pace in abundance, he has harnessed this pace in to becoming a real attacking threat. This is done by ensuring you have an end product at the end of all that pace. Raheem Sterling is an excellent example. He has lightning pace, but his end product usually leaves a lot to be desired. Amiri has worked hard on this, ensuring he completes at the very least a successful pass to a team mate if nothing more productive; he retains the ball. Amiri has great footwork and skill on the ball. His ability to take a man on and beat him comfortably is staggering. He is not one to shy away from a challenge either, showing no fear to stick his foot in where it hurts for the benefit of the team.

But what really strikes me is his attitude. To be a professional footballer you could have ability like no other (Balotelli) but have a rotten attitude toward training and improving (Balotelli) and there are players out there today who think they have achieved greatness at a young age and plateau off causing their development to stop (Balotelli). Nadiem doesn’t seem like he is even capable of that, he just wants to work hard and become the best possible player he can.

At 19 there are obviously areas for development, but under the guidance of Klopp and Buvac I see no reason why Amiri wouldn’t be a success in England. His work rate and attitude automatically will make him a fan favourite at Anfield, but his end product and ability will endear him to the faithful.

Think I saw somebody mention him on RAWK earlier. He's an attacking midfield though isn't he?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #209: Jul 11, 2016 10:48:36 pm
      Think I saw somebody mention him on RAWK earlier. He's an attacking midfield though isn't he?

I believe so mate.  Let's face it it could be anyone but it'd be surprising if he's a new player that not one of the local media has any knowledge of.  It's virtually impossible nowadays to sign someone with people knowing about it  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #210: Aug 10, 2016 06:42:32 pm
      Apparently has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for under €10mill next summer. Maybe this is why Klopp has held off on the transfer knowing he could get him much cheaper next year or force their hand in the winter.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #211: Aug 11, 2016 12:01:28 am
      Apparently has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for under €10mill next summer. Maybe this is why Klopp has held off on the transfer knowing he could get him much cheaper next year or force their hand in the winter.

BUT WE SHOULD PAY THE £30MILLION NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #212: Aug 11, 2016 12:03:58 am

Maybe, if we can be guaranteed of getting him. Or we can wait till he's cheap next summer and have to compete with who knows how many other clubs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #213: Aug 11, 2016 12:10:40 am

Haven't PSG had more than that rejected?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #214: Aug 11, 2016 12:19:47 am
      Maybe, if we can be guaranteed of getting him. Or we can wait till he's cheap next summer and have to compete with who knows how many other clubs.

Yep, good point. Lets pay ~400% of what he's worth :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #215: Aug 11, 2016 12:30:32 am

Maybe offer them close to what we think he is worth now rather than hope for a cut price bargain and risk losing him? You never know he might be quite good and help with our title challenge this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #216: Aug 11, 2016 12:42:40 am
      Yep, good point. Lets pay ~400% of what he's worth :D

Weren't there reports of him being valued around 20 or 25? So is 30 really that big a deal especially if you believe all of the "reliable" journalists that Klopp really rates him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #217: Aug 11, 2016 12:55:19 am
      I think there is a lot of crap being spouted about this transfer. For one thing I can't believe Monchengladbach can afford to lose 30million euros for one season extra. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #218: Aug 11, 2016 06:26:15 am
      Moving on past the insults.

If PSG and another club are willing to pay 40million euros for him now, what's the betting that they will still be interested in buying him next year for 10million euros? While if Monchengladbach are refusing to sell for 40million euros knowing they will only get 10million for him next year they must be a much richer club than they appear, unless they believe that either they can get him to sign a new contract or that they will get much more than 10million for him. For 30million you could probably hire Suarez for a season...which is not a bad idea now I come to think of it :)

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ...maybe it's worth even more than that if you really want it?

Why pay 10million for him next year when we can get him for free the year after. :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #219: Aug 11, 2016 10:41:54 am
      Why pay 10million for him next year when we can get him for free the year after.
      ;D

Or... A bit like that lad Konoplyanka he might just be clique [ ;)] bait.

Seriously tho' - if we have any doubts over the kid's ability he shouldn't be here. If he's not good enough to play for Liverpool at £30m; how can he be good enough at £20m or £10m?  :laugh:

It's true that he can be a better, lower financial risk, "gamble" at £10m but not  a better player and... I'm not sure we should be still signing players, just because they are better "gambles", after so long.  :-\

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016 10:55:24 am by bad boy bubby »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #220: Aug 11, 2016 11:06:40 am
      ;D

Or... A bit like that lad Konoplyanka he might just be clique [ ;)] bait.

Seriously tho' - if we have any doubts over the kid's ability he shouldn't be here. If he's not good enough to play for Liverpool at £30m; how can he be good enough at £20m or £10m?  :laugh:

It's true that he can be a better, lower financial risk, "gamble" at £10m but not  a better player and... I'm not sure we should be still signing players, just because they are better "gambles", after so long.  :-\

My missus goes through phases of bargain shopping.

"Look at these 3 tops I got for £50 instead of that premium brand stuff I looked at last week for £250........It's not exactly what I was looking for but great value......"

Fast forward 12 months and she's only wearing one of the tops and has spent £150 on bag, shoes and jacket to make the top look better.......

Value is relative.

Quality is absolute.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016 02:37:39 pm by Scotia »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #221: Aug 11, 2016 11:20:46 am
      F**k me I wasn't sure if you two were taking the piss with that little tiff.   :lmao:

Come on lads!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #222: Aug 11, 2016 11:32:52 am
      Value is relative.

Quality is absolute.
      Nail on the head Scotia.

Player X is player X: the quality of his ability does not increase the cheaper he becomes. We should only be targeting players based on the quality of their ability and if, for some weird reason, we find ourselves targeting a player we don't actually rate, then questions need to be asked.

It's a different matter if you're strapped and that extra £5m, spent on player X, means you miss out on another player but we aren't so it should be safe to assume he wasn't deemed  'good enough' (ability wise). Why are we looking at players who aren't good enough?

Slightly off topic (but only slightly): does anyone know, off the top of your head, if Ian Graham is still deciding a player's worth with his computer program or has Jürgen's arrival made him redundant?  :confused-smiley-013:

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #223: Aug 11, 2016 12:01:44 pm
      FL & Croucheth.
      This isn't last orders at the bar.
      Put the handbags away.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #224: Aug 11, 2016 12:37:31 pm
      I get what people say about buying quality but I doubt there are more than a few at most on here out of us that actually know if he's quality or not. If Klopp though he was worth paying 30-40mill for then he'd have done it. Maybe he thinks that 10mill would be much more suited to what he feels he can currently being to the team.

All we can do is just wait and see what happens because regardless of how much we speculate how good he is, how much he would cost, why we haven't signed him etc, it's not going to change anything.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #225: Aug 11, 2016 01:05:31 pm
      Again, if we are all going to just mindlessly take our marching orders from Klopp's soundbytes or what we surmise he "believes" then why have a forum?

The point I was trying to make is that if this is a player Klopp wants (and most reliable journos say it is) and we could get him now even overpaying why do we care about the fee, why can't we just try to wrap it up now, we have the money.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #226: Aug 11, 2016 01:17:38 pm
      I get what people say about buying quality but I doubt there are more than a few at most on here out of us that actually know if he's quality or not. If Klopp though he was worth paying 30-40mill for then he'd have done it.
      Indeed; that's exactly  why I said...

so it should be safe to assume he wasn't deemed  'good enough' (ability wise).

However it then, obviously, becomes a question of; why the F**k were we looking at players who aren't good enough?  :confused-smiley-013:

Still each to their own; if people are happier believing that Jürgen sets out thinking 'I only need £7m worth of quality in that role because a £20m player might bring too much' - fair enough.

However I'd still love to see the equation that determines what differentiates between what a player can bring to the team at £7m and what less that same player can bring at £10m, for example. Surely it's the same? Anyhows...

Back to the topic - Dahoud: I'm glad we haven't signed a player who's 'quality rating' [not to be confused, by dickheads, with cost] is clearly so low and I'm glad we signed Wijnaldum instead.  8)

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #227: Aug 11, 2016 02:12:54 pm
      However I'd still love to see the equation that determines what differentiates between what a player can bring to the team at £7m and what less that same player can bring at £10m, for example. Surely it's the same? Anyhows...

Right you are.  There is no difference in the quality of a player whether the club pays 10M or 20M for him.  Where the difference comes in is if paying extra for one player prohibits the club from being able to spend that extra 3M, 5M, or 10M required to secure the quality player that is needed for another position -- let's just use LB as an example  :f_tongueincheek:

Maybe not spending the extra money on Dahoud will allow us to get the much sought after replacement that Jürgen wants fans want for our lobotomized LB   8)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #228: Aug 11, 2016 02:25:07 pm
      At least there's one consolation to all this. If on the off chance we do have a disappointing season then manage to sign this Dahood fella for 8 million quid next year, we can say that the season wasn't a complete waste of time because we saved ourselves 22 million quid or whatever it is.

That 22 million quid, added to the 30 or so we're going to get for Benteke, should mean that NEXT YEAR we've got a huge "war chest". Can't wait.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #229: Aug 11, 2016 02:32:40 pm
      Again, if we are all going to just mindlessly take our marching orders from Klopp's soundbytes or what we surmise he "believes" then why have a forum?

The point I was trying to make is that if this is a player Klopp wants (and most reliable journos say it is) and we could get him now even overpaying why do we care about the fee, why can't we just try to wrap it up now, we have the money.

No problem with people having differing opinions.
      It's the mudslinging in the process that got those posts deleted.

Quick Reply