Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach

Read 43680 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach
      Reply #46: May 21, 2016 09:27:51 am
      Got to admit out of Zielinski and this lad then I would prefer Mahmoud, mainly because his first name rhymes with his last name.................obv iously  I jest.

But seriously this lad looks like the next big thing from Germany, he would be the perfect foil for a more defensive Can.
      Imagine him with all the defensive attributes of Kante but the creativity moving forward of Gundogan.

He seems to be Dortmunds No 1 priority to replace Gundogan if he moves to City.

I thort Gundogans deal to City was off mate after his knee went again.  Dislocated it this time I've heard and will miss the Euros.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #47: May 21, 2016 12:47:12 pm
      I thort Gundogans deal to City was off mate after his knee went again.  Dislocated it this time I've heard and will miss the Euros.

Yeah he will miss the Euros but I don't think it's so serious that it will put City off.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 21, 2016 01:03:18 pm
      Yeah he will miss the Euros but I don't think it's so serious that it will put City off.

He'll have fun with that knee in the PL then mate. 

Just wait till he comes up against some of the thugs at West Brom, Stoke, Chelsea etc  ;)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #49: May 21, 2016 10:49:13 pm
      The worry is, Nordtveit has already joined West Ham and Xhaka is London for talks with Arsenal. I doubt if they'll even encourage a bid.

If they do, I hope we do put in a serious bid!

Nordtveit has been playing in defence for them. Xhaka leaving will be problematic for us, but if we offer enough money, we'd undoubtedly be able to come to some sort of an agreement.

I read 5 months, I believe. Apparently Pep still wants him though.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: May 22, 2016 09:23:43 am
      Nordtveit has been playing in defence for them. Xhaka leaving will be problematic for us, but if we offer enough money, we'd undoubtedly be able to come to some sort of an agreement.

I read 5 months, I believe. Apparently Pep still wants him though.

They'd have to overlook the medical then because there's no chance he passes a proper one. He's had so many problems with his knees that they're sure to show up during tests.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #51: May 23, 2016 12:09:23 pm

"Dahoud is Liverpool’s first choice to boost their midfield, ahead of Poland international Piotr Zielinski." (Joyce)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672891/Liverpool-Target-Arrives-On-Merseyside-Medical-Anfield-Switch-Transfer-News-Gossip
      [/quote]
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: May 23, 2016 12:54:31 pm
      "Dahoud is Liverpool’s first choice to boost their midfield, ahead of Poland international Piotr Zielinski." (Joyce)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672891/Liverpool-Target-Arrives-On-Merseyside-Medical-Anfield-Switch-Transfer-News-Gossip

Fantastic news. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: May 23, 2016 01:12:20 pm
      I'd love for us to sign him just for his name

Dahoud, Dahoud, Dahoud is on fire!  :f_whistle:

:D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: May 23, 2016 02:46:31 pm
      I'd love for us to sign him just for his name

Dahoud, Dahoud, Dahoud is on fire!  :f_whistle:

Oh yes I like that one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #55: May 23, 2016 02:53:10 pm
      Although I hope we get Gotze but this type of player is much more important to our team balance.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #56: May 23, 2016 10:08:23 pm
      So we're interested in Dahoud, Zielinski, Camacho, and have already signed Matip (who can play midfield), and yet people still think that Henderson is going to be around next season.... yeah right.
      Henderson; Great engine. average player with little to end product sell
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #57: May 23, 2016 10:21:48 pm
      Hes proven? in what world is he proven? he has played about 40 league games ever and started probably about 30.

Jordan Ibe has played about the same amount of games as him and he is still wet behind the ear.

anyone who we get linked with seem to (after the link has been made) have an fantastic season.

£20 mill for him would be criminal
      Get use to this type of money being demanded by foreign clubs after the new TV money...  a reported £81m plus per club up to a staggering  £150m if you finish as Champions... £20m? we will be getting asked that for 16 and 17 year olds
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2016 12:08:48 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #58: May 23, 2016 10:27:36 pm
      Henderson; Great engine. average player with little to end product sell

13 goals/21 assists in the two season prior to this one, 3rd leading tackler in 2013/2014. 2nd leading tackler 2014/2015. 2nd in chances created in 2014/2015. 2013/2014 - 2014/2015 most distance covered.

Think your way off the mark, he is a good player for us that when healthy does a lot of things to keep the team ticking....He is a box to box mid-fielder who has been asked to perform multiple roles in the squad since he came, judging him by end product alone is beyond naive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #59: May 23, 2016 10:48:25 pm
      13 goals/21 assists in the two season prior to this one, 3rd leading tackler in 2013/2014. 2nd leading tackler 2014/2015. 2nd in chances created in 2014/2015. 2013/2014 - 2014/2015 most distance covered.

Think your way off the mark, he is a good player for us that when healthy does a lot of things to keep the team ticking....He is a box to box mid-fielder who has been asked to perform multiple roles in the squad since he came, judging him by end product alone is beyond naive.

Yet just as many judge Lallana that way.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: May 23, 2016 10:49:06 pm

He is indeed. Once we get him in that role with a proper DLPM/DM, I think we'll once again see the best in Hendo.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #61: May 24, 2016 12:18:30 am

Yeah, Lallana is a tough one...I look at Jordan as a versatile mid-fielder and others look at his as Stevie's replacement and needing to score a massive amount of goals. I have to admit despite his closing down and movement I critique Lallana more on goals because I look at him as a front 3 player where I see Jordan as a mid-back player.

They are both good players...you just don't dump good players like you would on FM.

He is indeed. Once we get him in that role with a proper DLPM/DM, I think we'll once again see the best in Hendo.

Him and Can were just starting to form a decent partnership before the injury..they can read each other pretty well with Hendo encouraging him to bust forward while he covers. End product is nice from the mid-field but to me it's a luxury with Jordan not an all encompassing or dump him proposition.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #62: May 24, 2016 12:26:53 am

Think your way off the mark, he is a good player for us

We have plenty of good players... what we need are some great players... 13 goals is 6.5 goals a season while the goals are welcome, How many times does he give the ball away?...How good is his shots on target ratio... Or his conversion rate?...
      I believe Klopp will sell him this summer and rightly so
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #63: May 24, 2016 12:28:02 am
      Yes another waste of £20 plus million
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #64: May 24, 2016 12:42:05 am
      We have plenty of good players... what we need are some great players... 13 goals is 6.5 goals a season while the goals are welcome, How many times does he give the ball away?...How good is his shots on target ratio... Or his conversion rate?...

We are not going to have a squad of GREAT PLAYERS...by GREAT PLAYERS i am assuming you mean world class?  Even if we did have a squad of GREAT players we are not going to build that squad in one window now are we? So why would you want to get rid of Jordan when at worst he would go to the bench and be a GREAT option off the bench.

Swear to God people trying to build a squad like they are playing FIFA or FM

Does Arsenal, Spurs, City, Chelsea, Utd  have squads of GREAT Players?  We have Sturridge who is GREAT..we could sure use a few more...but just saying get rid of Hendo..get shot of Lallana is just garbage talk at this point and time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #65: May 24, 2016 12:54:36 am
      Yes another waste of £20 plus million

No.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 835 
      Reply #66: May 25, 2016 10:31:58 am

Though he is 20 years of age.

I don't care much about stats, but players like Ronaldo and Gerrard looked class when they were younger but didn't have so many goals in them until after the age of 23-24, because they matured as players.

My initial thought is that despite 20m being a big risk, I think he has been one of the standout players for Gladbach and I would prefer him over players like Gundogan too. It's a shame that his midfield partner Xhaka is going to Arsenal, but Dahoud I'm very optimistic about, looks like a player.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 835 
      Reply #67: May 25, 2016 10:42:11 am
      Reading the comments, a lot are saying he is unproven.

I disagree, he is actually proven to be a very very good player with Gladbach and in the Bundas liga too, just because not a lot of people in England know about him doesn't mean he is ''unproven''.

The lad has so much potential.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2016 10:47:42 am
      Reading the comments, a lot are saying he is unproven.

I disagree, he is actually proven to be a very very good player with Gladbach and in the Bundas liga too, just because not a lot of people in England know about him doesn't mean he is ''unproven''.

The lad has so much potential.

Agreed mate.  He's exactly what we need in our midfield.

Plays in a two, as the more advanced player, never panics when pressed.  Turns on a sixpence, carries the ball forward, can tackle, can pass, can score. 

What's not to like?

Quick Reply