Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach

Read 43642 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Mahmoud Dahoud - Borussia Monchengladbach
      Reply #69: May 25, 2016 10:52:37 am
      It's annoying getting excited over the thought of a lad signing for us who I've never seen play a minute of football before :D I hate silly season at times.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #70: May 25, 2016 10:55:30 am
      Agreed mate.  He's exactly what we need in our midfield.

Plays in a two, as the more advanced player, never panics when pressed.  Turns on a sixpence, carries the ball forward, can tackle, can pass, can score. 

What's not to like?

Played in the Champions League too debs! has the experience and will build more experience with age.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #71: May 25, 2016 11:00:00 am
      Zielinski's agent quoted saying the deal with us might breakdown. "Is the Liverpool move at risk? Yes, maybe," said Bolek. "It’s difficult to say. At the moment the lad is totally concentrated on the Euros," he added when asked about a move to Roma.

I'm thinking we have prioritized Dahoud over Zielinski!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: May 25, 2016 11:09:16 am
      Played in the Champions League too debs! has the experience and will build more experience with age.

Absolutely mate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: May 25, 2016 11:11:49 am
      Hasn't he signed yet,? C'mon Ffs, just get it done, stop f***in about and get this lad in,
      Need to get onto Linda to promise sexual favours if need be, JW can watch as a extra bonus, just get him in!!!!!

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #74: May 25, 2016 11:12:51 am
      We are not going to have a squad of GREAT PLAYERS...by GREAT PLAYERS i am assuming you mean world class?  Even if we did have a squad of GREAT players we are not going to build that squad in one window now are we? So why would you want to get rid of Jordan when at worst he would go to the bench and be a GREAT option off the bench.
      Very assumption about me say Great meaning World Class is wrong... By great I meant better than just average, which Henderson is... Joe Allen is a far more effective player than Jordan Henderson... You can produce your stats to say other wise, but it is visible for all to see who chooses to do so. yet I would not call Allen a great player, rather a above average player... We need to think about rebuilding the squad over time, by getting rid of the average, then above average,great,really great and so on until once again have a team that can attract world class players

Swear to God people trying to build a squad like they are playing FIFA or FM
      Don't play them, in fact I only started here about them when I started posting on Fan based site five or six years ago

Does Arsenal, Spurs, City, Chelsea, Utd  have squads of GREAT Players?  We have Sturridge who is GREAT..we could sure use a few more...but just saying get rid of Hendo..get shot of Lallana is just garbage talk at this point and time.
      Lallana, a poor mans Benayoun, or David Silva, He has had two plus seasons with no real improvement... Yes lets keep Jordan Henderson,lets watch his contract run down while paying him north of a £80.000 a week, and not invest that money on better players, we can do a Newcastle. Buy Average players, play average football and end up with the best stadium in the Championship... :roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #75: May 25, 2016 11:18:22 am
      Though he is 20 years of age.

I don't care much about stats, but players like Ronaldo and Gerrard looked class when they were younger but didn't have so many goals in them until after the age of 23-24, because they matured as players.

My initial thought is that despite 20m being a big risk, I think he has been one of the standout players for Gladbach and I would prefer him over players like Gundogan too. It's a shame that his midfield partner Xhaka is going to Arsenal, but Dahoud I'm very optimistic about, looks like a player.
      Sorry Mate you  have the wrong end of the stick, My comments are about Jordan Henderson.... But yes Dahoud looks like a class player in the waiting
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #76: May 25, 2016 11:22:05 am

Plays in a two, as the more advanced player, never panics when pressed.  Turns on a sixpence, carries the ball forward, can tackle, can pass, can score. 

What's not to like?

Seen a few vids of the lad and what I've noticed is how he plays deep then spreads to ball from defence to attack very quickly joining upfront with the attackers too...

If He signs for us i can a see Gerrardesque player in him...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: May 25, 2016 11:28:31 am
      If he signs, I've got my fantasy football team name sorted for next season...

It's all good in Dahoud
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #78: May 25, 2016 11:28:48 am
      Sorry Mate you  have the wrong end of the stick, My comments are about Jordan Henderson.... But yes Dahoud looks like a class player in the waiting

whoops! my bad mate! should do a little more reading before commenting then, sometimes I get carried away :angel:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: May 25, 2016 11:46:52 am
      Seen a few vids of the lad and what I've noticed is how he plays deep then spreads to ball from defence to attack very quickly joining upfront with the attackers too...

If He signs for us i can a see Gerrardesque player in him...

He does mate.  He's similar to the lad Zielinski, similar stats etc but he usually plays in a midfield 3 so I'd prefer, if we're playing a two, that we go for someone who also plays in a two so I'm glad that we've switched our priorities to this lad.

It also seems that we've not been put off by the price stated from their end or that he's not put off by no CL football.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #80: May 25, 2016 11:47:37 am
      We need and deserve better than Henderson and Lallana, both are good players but don't have that special spark to make them great. Its no coincidence that our best performances last season came when Henderson was on the bench. Lallana at least distracts some defenders allowing space for others, for the life of me I have no idea what Henderson gives to the team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #81: May 25, 2016 11:55:24 am
      Arsenal have confirmed signing if Xhaka which means we will probably have to go up close to £30M to tempt Gladbach.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #82: May 25, 2016 11:59:35 am
      Arsenal have confirmed signing if Xhaka which means we will probably have to go up close to £30M to tempt Gladbach.

Damn shame, we wont be seeing Xhaka Can in our midfield, there was a song about those two together I just can't quite put my finger on :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: May 25, 2016 12:05:07 pm

Which is encouraging that we've upped our pursuit of him recently mate.  Can't see us doing that if we're not prepared to pay their demands.  Ayre probably would but can't see Jürgen posturing over a target when he can move onto another. 

He seems to want as many as possible available as early as possible so we're not flapping around in late August.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #84: May 25, 2016 12:10:07 pm
      whoops! my bad mate! should do a little more reading before commenting then, sometimes I get carried away :angel:
      Everyone does  ;D but no problem mate
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #85: May 25, 2016 02:32:56 pm

What's not to like?

He is not fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuking £30 million plus - that's what! ;)

Isn't that what everyone wants - an expensive player (we did last year for 32.5 million - let's see how he turned out). Well, we can always go in with a offer of £30 million and sign him. That would please everyone. :)

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #86: May 25, 2016 02:46:29 pm

Isn't that what everyone wants - an expensive player (we did last year for 32.5 million - let's see how he turned out). Well, we can always go in with a offer of £30 million and sign him. That would please everyone. :)

No, everybody doesn't want an expensive player.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: May 25, 2016 02:53:02 pm

If we can get him for less then great but didn't their owner/manager/ceo say that after losing Granit that it would take a lot of money to lose him too?  30m Euros I believe but what's in a currency sign  ;)

Like I said he's perfect for what we need so let's just do our best to get him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #88: May 25, 2016 03:21:10 pm
      Hate to see the reaction of those who inhabit the News Thread When they find out this guy is a Syrian refugee   :lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #89: May 25, 2016 03:23:18 pm
      Hate to see the reaction of those who inhabit the News Thread When they find out this guy is a Syrian refugee   :lmao:

:lmao:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #90: May 25, 2016 03:24:41 pm
      Damn shame, we wont be seeing Xhaka Can in our midfield, there was a song about those two together I just can't quite put my finger on :D

I feel for you Luke.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #91: May 25, 2016 04:18:29 pm
      Wikipedia currently lists Dahoud's club as Liverpool :scarf:

;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Dahoud

Quick Reply