Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 60591 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #1058: Apr 15, 2016 11:23:03 pm
      F**k potential scapegoats.
      Last night, to a man, they were imperious.
      Yes the 1st 10 rocked us. I know.
      To come back from that.
      To dig deeper when they got the 3rd.
      That's the stuff of legend.
      That's maybe a higher intervention.

The coach.
      The players.
      The fans.
      The 96.

All there last night.
      Sorry. Just feels like nothing else.
      What a game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2016 10:34:53 am by racerx34 »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1059: Apr 15, 2016 11:25:49 pm
      Why has there ALWAYS got to be a scape goat?

Let. It. Go.

A F***ing scape goat on one of the most memorable nights in short history, F**k off.

Just let me know if that is aimed at me and I will reply in earnest

Leave it lads. Not the time.

Enjoy the win.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1060: Apr 15, 2016 11:44:38 pm
      What aload of bollocks this is and I bet you right now Klopp has them at melwood watching videos and videos of our sh*te defending last night.

Last night was special, one of those magical nights at Anfield, so nobody really gives a f**k about sakho being all over the place at the moment, but there is always something to learn from a game of football - always.

Last night we learnt a few things. Sakhos positioning was all wrong. Milner is not a centre midfielder, Allen or Lucas should have started in there instead, Milner can't take a corner oh and we shouldn't fear f**king anybody.

Yeah because you were banging on about all these points pre match weren't you darling?

LOLFUL!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1061: Apr 16, 2016 12:02:38 am
      I really don't care if Sakho made a mistake or two at the back in this game he is a defender so sh*t happens, and people forget the goal saving tackle he made to keep us a 1-1 in Dortmund, mistake or not he fought for club and manager and help us win this tie... In this squad, under Klopp we are finally beginning to become a team   
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1062: Apr 16, 2016 12:05:04 am
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #1063: Apr 16, 2016 12:21:20 am
      Good point.  When's the last time we scored 4 in a half?

Aston Villa we scored 4 in the second half

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1064: Apr 16, 2016 12:40:11 am
      Can :   Wouldn't be surprised for Klopp to make him Captain next season.
      Would be my choice right now.

He was awesome last night .

Hope injury is not too serious.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least Skip. It was clear Jürgen took a liking to Can very quickly and our midfield basically became Can + others. I believe he's played the most minutes for a lad his age throughout Europe, that was certainly the case not so long ago and I doubt it's changed.

As you say let's hope his injury is one he quickly recovers from because in that second half he was displaying all the attributes needed in a central midfielder. Captaincy would be a huge responsibility for him and a few may laugh or scoff at the suggestion but there's definitely a chance mate.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1065: Apr 16, 2016 12:47:48 am
      Wouldn't surprise me in the least Skip. It was clear Jürgen took a liking to Can very quickly and our midfield basically became Can + others. I believe he's played the most minutes for a lad his age throughout Europe, that was certainly the case not so long ago and I doubt it's changed.

As you say let's hope his injury is one he quickly recovers from because in that second half he was displaying all the attributes needed in a central midfielder. Captaincy would be a huge responsibility for him and a few may laugh or scoff at the suggestion but there's definitely a chance mate.

I just have a feeling Luke that Jürgen has been giving him the season to get used to the English game and its intensity.

He has been imperious in some of his performances and when you look around any of the current players in the team there is no one that compares.
      Ive never rated Henderson.
      Lovren is just coming out of his shell.

Milner can do a stand in ...  but we need a player now and for the future.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1066: Apr 16, 2016 03:18:54 am
      Why has there ALWAYS got to be a scape goat?

Let. It. Go.

A f**king scape goat on one of the most memorable nights in short history, f**k off.

Spot on mate!

Let's just enjoy one of the most memorable nights in our decorated History of this wonderful Club.

We can dissect it about a week but we should be gloating for F***ing days about that result.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1067: Apr 16, 2016 05:53:34 am
      Still buzzing :)

Time to go watch the highlights again :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1068: Apr 16, 2016 05:57:43 am
      Still buzzing :)

Time to go watch the highlights again :D

Hahahaha
      I must have watched Lovren's goal at least 50 times already
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1069: Apr 16, 2016 06:30:43 am
      Hahahaha
      I must have watched Lovren's goal at least 50 times already

Gets better every time!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #1070: Apr 16, 2016 07:08:10 am
      A night like Olympiakos. A game like Newcastle in 96. It's so important to have the second leg in ties like this at home, as the pull of our crowd can be, and once again, has been the difference.

They conceded 3 goals in the first 25 minutes in their first game in the competition, and conceded 3 in the last 25 minutes of their last game. Effectively they melted like ice when The Kop turned up the heat, and inevitably they cracked.

For all their apparent superiority, their coach completely lost the plot in the last 20 minutes. First, he makes a sub when defending a corner. Second, he has a post unguarded for said corner. That is about as basic a set of coaching errors as is possible to have. 5 seconds later, the goal is wide open and the ball is in the net. Third, he then does a Rafa job and takes off his best player on the pitch in order to see the game out. His replacement is then beaten to the ball by Lovren for the winner. I was saying late on that there had to be one more chance, sure enough it arrived and we took it, only our fourth effort on target, but it was enough. Danke schon, we're off to face Villarreal.

Klopp's reaction to the winner was restrained, but I guess fair enough given the opposition. He got them into the competition in the first place, then he goes and takes them out of it.

3 of the 4 qualifiers in the quarters of this and the other competition were at home in the second leg. We were the last name to be drawn in the last UEFA draw this year, and next up is Villarreal, the "best" option we could get, but they're no mugs. It isn't going to be easy, but the second leg is at home again, so if we bring home a good result, the crowd can again help push us over the line.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1071: Apr 16, 2016 07:52:25 am
      I remember at 2-0 down thinking, there's still time, no need to panic.  We were creating so many chances it was just a matter of time.  At 3-1 my confidence had a little jitter but when Cou scored and we were just throwing the kitchen sink at them I knew we'd do it.

An unbelievable night, let's hope we can put in similar performances right to the end of the season and finish it with a bang.

Debs, I have to confess, when Reus scored I started typing "and now the end is near and now we face the final curtain"

That's it ppl we're oot, 

but something stopped me, I can't explain what it was,  subconsciously I knew it wasn't quite the end, I remember saying to myself that LFC NEVER give up, Inter Milan, St Etienne,  Alavez, Olympiakos, Istanbul, Gerrards final, all those fantastic occasions,
      Don't post this, it's not over,

Only Liverpool can do comebacks, there isn't another club in Europe perhaps even the world that can recover from dire situations,  we've proven it on so many occasions,

I sat alone as usual Thursday night,  I blubbed like a kid who'd dropped his icecream, and that was at the start when "you'll never walk alone" rang out over all of Europe,

Tbh I was emotional anyhow because of the date and remembering our lost brothers and sisters,

It was yet another night that most if not all of us  will take to the grave, one that has been etched into our unsurpassable history, this club and no other has a DNA which makes it so unique,  none of us were around at the time but, J P Mckenna broke the mould in 1892, when LFC were born,

I have many,many fantastic and unforgettable memories since I started supporting Liverpool FC back in '76/77',

I can honestly say I have never felt prouder than I do now and  to say that I am indeed privileged to be part of this fantastic institution,

I don't have a lot if love in my life, but I love Liverpool, love the Liverpool family and always will.

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1072: Apr 16, 2016 09:16:19 am
      Debs, I have to confess, when Reus scored I started typing "and now the end is near and now we face the final curtain"

That's it ppl we're oot, 

but something stopped me, I can't explain what it was,  subconsciously I knew it wasn't quite the end, I remember saying to myself that LFC NEVER give up, Inter Milan, St Etienne,  Alavez, Olympiakos, Istanbul, Gerrards final, all those fantastic occasions,
      Don't post this, it's not over,

Only Liverpool can do comebacks, there isn't another club in Europe perhaps even the world that can recover from dire situations,  we've proven it on so many occasions,

I sat alone as usual Thursday night,  I blubbed like a kid who'd dropped his icecream, and that was at the start when "you'll never walk alone" rang out over all of Europe,

Tbh I was emotional anyhow because of the date and remembering our lost brothers and sisters,

It was yet another night that most if not all of us  will take to the grave, one that has been etched into our unsurpassable history, this club and no other has a DNA which makes it so unique,  none of us were around at the time but, J P Mckenna broke the mould in 1892, when LFC were born,

I have many,many fantastic and unforgettable memories since I started supporting Liverpool FC back in '76/77',

I can honestly say I have never felt prouder than I do now and  to say that I am indeed privileged to be part of this fantastic institution,

I don't have a lot if love in my life, but I love Liverpool, love the Liverpool family and always will.

YNWA

THAT is a wonderful post Billy.

Small Facht .
      Dortmund hadn’t lost a game where they had a two goal lead for 21 years.

Klopp's calmess when Lovren scored at the end ?
      It was like a striker scoring against his old club..... which is what he had just done as a manager.
      In game though... his emotions were conducting our 12th man and directing the team.

Its incredible being a Red at this time.
      Halfway through the game on the match thread I posted the word ..... just one word ..... Istanbul .

The balance is being tipped again.
      Payback against Stoke for last seasons embarrassment.
      The same for our recent CL fiasco.

The future is bright the future is Red.

Never stop believing.

YNWA
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1073: Apr 16, 2016 09:49:54 am
      THAT is a wonderful post Billy.

Small Facht .
      Dortmund hadn’t lost a game where they had a two goal lead for 21 years.

Klopp's calmess when Lovren scored at the end ?
      It was like a striker scoring against his old club..... which is what he had just done as a manager.
      In game though... his emotions were conducting our 12th man and directing the team.

Its incredible being a Red at this time.
      Halfway through the game on the match thread I posted the word ..... just one word ..... Istanbul .

The balance is being tipped again.
      Payback against Stoke for last seasons embarrassment.
      The same for our recent CL fiasco.

The future is bright the future is Red.

Never stop believing.

YNWA

Great post and absolutely spot on. Make no mistake, Thursday night will have sent shock waves throughout Europe and a lot of teams will be looking on thinking OH sh*t!

Especially the ones who could very well be facing us nest season in the league and possibly Europe.

You can also see the fear and jealousy of our rival fans who just can't come to admit that we are going to become an unstoppable force very soon.

That second half on Thursday night was literally death by relentless pressing and never give up attacking.

That Dortmund team (and people are saying they collapsed... They didn't) just couldn't live with us.

We destroyed them in the last 30 minutes they didn't give up we just didn't let them play.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1074: Apr 16, 2016 09:54:12 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1075: Apr 16, 2016 10:07:54 am
      Not sure if has been posted elsewhere, a miracle or two on Thursday night..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlBzf7OoGdo
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1076: Apr 16, 2016 10:11:31 am
      Great post and absolutely spot on. Make no mistake, Thursday night will have sent shock waves throughout Europe and a lot of teams will be looking on thinking OH sh*t!

Especially the ones who could very well be facing us nest season in the league and possibly Europe.

You can also see the fear and jealousy of our rival fans who just can't come to admit that we are going to become an unstoppable force very soon.

That second half on Thursday night was literally death by relentless pressing and never give up attacking.

That Dortmund team (and people are saying they collapsed... They didn't) just couldn't live with us.

We destroyed them in the last 30 minutes they didn't give up we just didn't let them play.

What is encouraging is the lack of media attention and the preoccupation they have with utd, citeh and chelski.
      I remember way back when we were winning titles and trophies for fun and the mancs were even relegated for a season, yet still the mainstream media ignored/resented our achievements and utd were the centre of the football world.

As is the case every day most stories in the football section are related to utd transfer targets, manager issues, more transfer targets, missed transfer targets blah blah blah.
      Keep it up dickheads.
      We'll keep on winning.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1077: Apr 16, 2016 10:26:02 am

beat me to it, haha, i am sure this is all perfectly above board, might even get kloppo a sainthood
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #1078: Apr 16, 2016 10:33:55 am
      After reus scored I tbh thought it was done and we will not fight back and even come back! I  even posted it in the match threat! Under BR we probably wouldn't have come back!

But Klopp brought Liverpool something  back that we kind of lost in recent years! The Liverpool spirit that we are so famous for! The never die Attitude !

Thank you Mister Klopp!
      paolo bitta
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Re: Introduce yourself...
      Reply #1079: Apr 16, 2016 10:39:33 am
      Hello All,

I am Paolo Bitta, I am italian and I dediced to sign me in to this Forum cause the match with Borussia of Thursday reconciled me with football.

That was a real Match, great supporters and great team (teams: even Borussia was great).

I think I could be the grandfather of many of You, I was born in 1965, but in any case I decided to subscribe to this Forum of Liverpool even I am...old! :D

I am a Turin supporter (the other team of Turin city, with Juventus) and even if I mean football in supporting your own team and not denigrate the rival, well.....I have to admit that when Juventus plays..I am always for the opposite team. :D

They usually win the Serie A, and last championship won was 40 years ago, in 1976, so it is not possible they are nice to us. :D

By the way, congratulations for your wonderful Team and supporters.

;)

P.s. Sorry for my english: I try not to use Google Translator and my mistakes are an evidence!  :D

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1080: Apr 16, 2016 10:45:04 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Let hope no one from the DWP was watching this  :roll:

Quick Reply