Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 61323 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #966: Apr 15, 2016 08:01:46 am
      Well I never saw it coming. I wish I could be objective during the game, as I watched the re-run in full after, my comments during the game were out of frustration. We played well, we missed at least 3 very good chances, and we matched them.

Make no mistake they are very good, but we overpowered them. We have scored 4 at home 2 games running ffs.

Lesson learned, never give up when we are in Europe.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #967: Apr 15, 2016 08:04:04 am
      SO PROUD TO BE A RED THIS MORNING .......     AND ON THIS DAY. 

15/4
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #968: Apr 15, 2016 08:10:18 am
      Well I never saw it coming. I wish I could be objective during the game, as I watched the re-run in full after, my comments during the game were out of frustration. We played well, we missed at least 3 very good chances, and we matched them.

Make no mistake they are very good, but we overpowered them. We have scored 4 at home 2 games running ffs.

Lesson learned, never give up when we are in Europe.

No one can be objective in the game Tadders.
      We have had too many setbacks and it was easy for our heads to drop.
      I have seen a few European nights.
      It was strange how Jürgen went so calm at the end after Lovren scored. 
      I did .
      It was destiny.

Had a look on Redcafe last night. Mancs were bleating how lucky we were to have Klopp.
      Thats about right.

There is only one Liverpool.

Lesson learned ?  Never give up ever.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #969: Apr 15, 2016 08:17:25 am
      This is the most disappointed I can remember ever being with myself.... I couldn't get away from work, so I DVR'd the game.  When we went 2-0 down I was faced with a decision -- save myself the frustration of the next 80 mins, or ruin one of the greatest comebacks in our club's history.  I chose wrong and looked up the score......

Liverpool Seal Epic Comeback Win

I ruined it for myself.....

Oh man!!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #970: Apr 15, 2016 08:24:17 am
      The lads showed great character- a fitting tribute. I'm so so proud.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #971: Apr 15, 2016 08:25:22 am
      SO PROUD TO BE A RED THIS MORNING .......     AND ON THIS DAY. 

15/4

This should apply to any L.F.C. supporter Skip.At half time I was thinking back to a match in the 1960s when Spurs were beating us 2-0 at half time.We came out for the second half and within minutes Willy Stevenson scored  and we finished up winning 5-2.I never gave up hope against Spurs and  Dortmund, and as you say we should all be proud of our manager and players.On finishing I think the 96 REDS would of been proud of our fightback and performance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #972: Apr 15, 2016 09:11:31 am
      We beat an acknowledged top top side. We didn't do it with a master tactical plan and we didn't do it because the opposition gave up we did it because we never gave up and for the first time in such a long time the Crowd made the difference. What a night and we get another one to look forward to. the early manic pace caught a few players out and we got punished but they did not hide did they I hope they all realise what they can now achieve if they stay together. Just a silly side note I was delighted to see Daniel smile and be part of things .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #973: Apr 15, 2016 09:26:49 am
      I remember at 2-0 down thinking, there's still time, no need to panic.  We were creating so many chances it was just a matter of time.  At 3-1 my confidence had a little jitter but when Cou scored and we were just throwing the kitchen sink at them I knew we'd do it.

An unbelievable night, let's hope we can put in similar performances right to the end of the season and finish it with a bang.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #974: Apr 15, 2016 09:36:00 am
      It should be fun in here.

When everyone bloody wakes up.

;D

Still in shock I think... That is going down in the history books.. What a comeback, absolutely phenomenal. I'm sure none of us will ever forget that.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #975: Apr 15, 2016 09:40:51 am
      The best sort of Hangover this morning!

Im rough. Just looking back at my posts. What the actual F**k was I waffling?

A new low even for my unbelievably low standards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #976: Apr 15, 2016 09:48:34 am
      just watched Lovren score again we definitely won last night.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #977: Apr 15, 2016 09:53:54 am
      Ok, so I kind of slept late because I had the highlights on repeat the whole night.

Watched the highlights again this morning and as I'm typing this I'm reloading Lovren's winning goal.

too much?

:-[ :roll: ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #978: Apr 15, 2016 09:57:14 am
      Ok, so I kind of slept late because I had the highlights on repeat the whole night.

Watched the highlights again this morning and as I'm typing this I'm reloading Lovren's winning goal.

too much?

:-[ :roll: ;D

when he scores and you don't get a tingling sensation down your back you can stop watching it but for me it hasn't happened yet and I have seen the game in full and on highlights 6 times so far.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #979: Apr 15, 2016 09:59:19 am
      It should be fun in here.

When everyone bloody wakes up.

;D

Under normal circumstances Ian it would be but today is a day for reflection, to remember and never forget our fallen brothers and sisters on that awful day 27 years ago.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #980: Apr 15, 2016 10:02:19 am
      when he scores and you don't get a tingling sensation down your back you can stop watching it but for me it hasn't happened yet and I have seen the game in full and on highlights 6 times so far.

I smile, get goosebumps and that tingling sensation everytime I watch Lovren's winning goal

Tuchel said it best that logically he can't explain what happened, me neither, difficult to explain because it just happened.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #981: Apr 15, 2016 10:03:36 am
      Wow, what a rollercoaster of emotions. Thanks Reds, Klopp and fans who where in the stadium for a wonderful experience.

D.C.M.D the best :)
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #982: Apr 15, 2016 10:07:24 am
      Surreal this morning! Did that actually happen!? Emotional day for me yesterday as it was the anniversary of my step-dads passing so I watched the game at me mums. I was watching it with very much a 'football isn't everything mentality' and by the end of it was jumping around like a lunatic and football was every bit 'everything' once again! Simply unbelievable, what a game! Only LFC do it like this, is there another club in the Europe who put their fans through the ringer like this!? Istanbul, St. Etienne, Alaves, Dortmund,  Roma just add it to the list!!!

Dortmund are a quality side and for much of the game I had resigned myself that we had lost to the more experienced team who simply had that little bit of quality and know-how that we were lacking. The way they settled after Origi's goal to dominate possession and then score the 3rd, even the way they were pressing the ball in those final minutes when it looked like we might not craft the one final chance we needed. I thought to myself that Klopp had put this Dortmund team together and this was what we had to look forward to BUT clearly they aren't quite the same without Klopp. Do Dortmund lose that game with Klopp still at the helm? I don't think so.

This season is looking more and more like Rafa's first season in charge of the Reds isn't it. Inconsistent in the League, glimpses of brilliance, puching above our weight in Europe. Let's hope it also has the fairytale ending to match but i'd take a boring 2-0 win in the final if we get there please! I can't do another one like this!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #983: Apr 15, 2016 10:12:41 am
      What a night. That only ever happens at Anfield, there is something magic and special about our club. 3-1 after 60mins against one of the best sides in Europe, we need to score 3 in half an hour and I don't know what it is about us but if anybodys going to do it then its going to be us. Unbelievable.  I was in the lower cenny last night and its by far the best atmosphere I've seen since probably Chelsea 05. The atmosphere was better than the mancs in the previous round. The kop at YNWA was breath-taking as well, it looked old school, flags and scarves everywhere. Absolutely brilliant.

As ever, I'll speak about the game itself how I saw it - and also the replays I've seen since too.

For the first ten minutes we were all over the place at the back and its no wonder we got punished. Sakho in particular had an absolute nightmare. For the first goal he plays everybody onside with the other defenders 5 yards in front of him. He needs to keep the line and step up there. He isn't marking anybody in particular and they score from it. Piss poor school boy defending.

The second goal was even worse with again Sakho being the culprit. Reus skips past 2 or 3 men with ease which wasn't F***ing good enough and he slips through Aubameyang who again Sakho was keeping onside and failed to cut the pass out. Sakho at this point was probably ten yards behind anybody else. It was a shambles.

Our goal to make it 2-1 was brilliant. Excellent football and Emre Can deserves the praise for it. Charged forward with the ball, did two or three 1-2s with other players all one touch football, then slips Origi in with a great defence slitting pass who then slots. Quality goal.

Dortmunds third was yet again shambolic and Sakho yet again has to take some blame. The ball played through to Reus was a beauty and Clyne and Lovrens positioning isn't great but there is sakho again too far behind anybody else playing Reus onside. Great finish by Reus it has to be said but dreadful defending by us.

Coutinhos goal was a cracker. A great 1-2 with Milner and a fantastic strike.

Our equaliser was shambolic defending by them. A sh*t corner played in, missed by 2 or 3 of their players, and there is Sakho to make amends for his horror show and head in for us.

Our winner was actually a brilliant goal too. When milner played it down the line to sturridge I remember shouting something along the lines of 'FOR FUCKS SAKE JUST GET THE BALL INTO THE BOX' but the move him and Danny put together was top drawer, Danny slips him through and his cross to the back post was quality inviting somebody to attack it and there is our Dejan who heads in a bullet. 

I think for our effort in the second half we thoroughly deserved to win that game and especially considering how we played at Dortmund too. We were the better side over two legs.

For me though, Klopp got his team wrong last night and he should never have started Milner in the middle. Allen or Lucas should have played. It was a fantastic game and I'm buzzing but there are still lessons to be learnt from last night.

Mignolet - Cant blame him for any of the goals. Didn't have much else to do.

Clyne - One of our best players on the night. Solid, consistent.

Lovren - Thought he defended well, scored the winner, good game.

Sakho - I love Sakho but one to forget for him last night. Thought he was all over the place. Made amends for his equaliser though.

Moreno - Another decent game. Solid, worked hard, defended well.

Can - Had to carry milner in the middle, showed some real class for our first goal, thought he covered a lot of ground and worked exceptionally hard.

Milner - Thought his play in general was poor and his set pieces were woeful. That said, some of his crosses were brilliant and he played big parts in some if not all of our goals. If he is going to play then he needs to play on the right, not the middle, and we need somebody else to take corners.

Lallana - Thought he had a stinker as well.

Coutinho - Much better when Lallana and Firmino went off and he moved more central in behind the strikers. For me he is a better no.10 than firmino so they should swap. Firmino is actually better at making runs too so having him drift in from out wide wouldn't be a bad idea, he could be like a freddy ljungberg type of player.

Firmino - not his best game and rightfully subbed but he made some good runs in behind, his movement is top class.

Origi - another great effort by the young lad, got on the score sheet too, he's got the potential to be some player.

Allen & Sturridge - both of them changed the game and in particular joe allen who has been superb under Jürgen.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #984: Apr 15, 2016 10:23:31 am
      I remember at 2-0 down thinking, there's still time, no need to panic.  We were creating so many chances it was just a matter of time.  At 3-1 my confidence had a little jitter

When they made it 3-1 I thought it was all over.  Could not conceive us scoring 3 further goals in 25 minutes without reply.

What I will say about Dortmund is that at times their defending was abysmal.  Does not say a lot for the Bundesliga.  The number of through balls we managed to get through them.

Origi was immense.  His menace unsettled their team.  Him latching on to those through balls time and time again was what set the panic in for their defenders.  We wouldn't have won that tie without his involvement, which in my mind was absolutely key. 

Unbelievable turn around in his fortunes at the club and he isn't the only one either.  There are quite a few players that many Liverpool fans will have been looking at in a whole new light.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #985: Apr 15, 2016 10:24:13 am
      What a game!!
      We never do anything the easy way do we. I watched it at home with my wife and what a roller coaster of emotions which had me almost in tears at the end of the match.
      YNWA - A match that wont be forgotten for a very long time.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #986: Apr 15, 2016 10:26:20 am
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #987: Apr 15, 2016 10:27:30 am

Lucky man :)
      Tadders