Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 62407 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #989: Apr 15, 2016 10:33:04 am
      When they made it 3-1 I thought it was all over.  Could not conceive us scoring 3 further goals in 25 minutes without reply.

What I will say about Dortmund is that at times their defending was abysmal.  Does not say a lot for the Bundesliga.  The number of through balls we managed to get through them.

Origi was immense.  His menace unsettled their team.  Him latching on to those through balls time and time again was what set the panic in for their defenders.  We wouldn't have won that tie without his involvement, which in my mind was absolutely key. 

Unbelievable turn around in his fortunes at the club and he isn't the only one either.  There are quite a few players that many Liverpool fans will have been looking at in a whole new light.

Just watched the highlights again and we could have scored 3 or 4 in the first half.  We did unsettle them and made them nervous, then when Jürgen made the change to go 442 diamond they didn't know what hit them or how to deal with it.

We were ruthless apart from a little faze of around 5 minutes when it was 3-3, we just couldn't get the ball, then we went again. 

Unbelievable turnaround but I reckon there's a few more believers than doubters now.

Oh and what an atmosphere, before, during and afterwards, it's been a long time.  Far, far too long.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #990: Apr 15, 2016 10:36:23 am
      Still pinching myself. Worth taking the unpaid holiday to come up. So much fun, don't think I've hugged that many strangers in my life.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #991: Apr 15, 2016 10:38:32 am
      Wow, what a game. Only we could play a game where in the first 10 minutes I thought this could be embarrassing, Dortmund looked like they would run riot.
      So proud to be a Red as always, but we just never gave up. Even at 3-1 down you just kind of had this feeling that we could do this.

That's got to be the best atmosphere at Anfield for a long time, well done to everyone who was there.
      Just as I had finished slating Milner for his poor corner kicks, he comes up with the dinked cross that wins the game, unbelievable !!!

Things are looking up people, the future is Red, Liverpool Red.

nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #992: Apr 15, 2016 10:39:31 am
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3540803/Borussia-Dortmund-boss-Thomas-Tuchel-left-stunned-Liverpool-s-Europa-League-comeback.html

Thomas Tuchel is looking for an explanation.

Wish i could help him but i don't have Ancelotti's number. :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #993: Apr 15, 2016 10:44:37 am
      Anyone else see the resemblance between Gerrard's header in Istanbul and Coutinho's goal this morning? Scores the first of 3 needed for Liverpool and runs back with his hands in the air trying to lift the crowd and believe.

I love him so much.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #994: Apr 15, 2016 10:44:52 am
      I'm still in shock. The feeling after Dejan rose highest to give us the lead was strange. It was like a mixture of relief and amazement and joy. What a game. Origi, Can, Lovern and Milner the stand out performers.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #995: Apr 15, 2016 10:48:26 am
      Could not get to a PC last night and just wanted to have my 2 pence worth......
      As I watch the game and we when 3-1 down  with the knowledge this was after all inevitable was foremost in my mind, and yet there was a very tiny part of me that kept on saying that "We are about to witness something special" and to me: in Many ways, It was more special than 2005 Istanbul.... We did not have the star we had back then (only two or three would have made it in to that side) yet what Klopp has bought to the club can only be classed as pure magic he has all the players loving/In love with football and wanting to fight for the Club and Manager, and he has show that even a bunch of Mediocre Player (which the majority of the players are) with the proper coaching and inspiration can be molded in to a Team

Kudos Herr Klopp

Also what was remarkable about last night was it was our most improved players of resent weeks which had the a final say...Mamadou Sakho and Dejan Lovren...

Absolute Magic Lads....

REMEMBER THE 96

P.S.  have had no time to read any post here But will do so later tonight, so sorry if I seem to reply in bulk  ;D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #996: Apr 15, 2016 11:03:55 am
      Istanbul 2005 .... Anfield 2016

Any one else have a sense of Deja(n) vu ? today :)
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #997: Apr 15, 2016 11:06:45 am
      As I said at half time in Istanbul. "It's only half time." They thought I was mad, but it is still on. Come on the Reds!

The lads  never let me down. If Lovren never scores another goal, it won't matter. Absolutely brilliant.

This was the spirit of Shankly and Paisley. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #998: Apr 15, 2016 11:38:14 am
      Could not believe any part of Sakho's first half-hour performance, he was directly responsible for us being 2-0 down, felt for the lad.
      All forgotten with that peach of a goal of course. 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #999: Apr 15, 2016 11:58:01 am
      What a game after 10 min we were buried, but what a fight back,
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1000: Apr 15, 2016 12:04:44 pm
      I'll remember this as fondly as Benitez-era European games.

Just didn't see it happening after ten minutes and again after Reus, then Coutinho scored and you begin to really believe.

What a great night. And a word for Dortmund, really classy from manager to the fans to the club in general.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2016 12:16:43 pm by KS67 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1001: Apr 15, 2016 12:16:03 pm
      Istanbul 2005 .... Anfield 2016

Any one else have a sense of Deja(n) vu ? today :)

Yes.
      Istanbul :    Posted it at half time in match thread. 

Indeed we scored the three in 35 minutes.     
      We had the whole of the second half in Istanbul .

So we've got the Yellow Submarine VillaReal in the semi.

Torpedo number one  and two Cap'n.

Can see us V Sevilla in the Final.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1002: Apr 15, 2016 12:16:47 pm
      When Sakho ran the full length of the pitch to score the 3rd equalizing goal and Lovren climbed so high to score the winner,it clearly shows one thing "grit and determination". Klopp was momentarily stunned with the winner, I'd believe he did not see that coming either. It's the lads that had the belief in themselves and Klopp could only do that much. I'm sorry, just for this game I'm not going to vote motm, even Sturridge did not do much made that through pass to Milner for the looping cross for Lovren to score. Everyone did their part, everyone has done well, not forgetting the 12th man. Stevie would be proud of such performance.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1003: Apr 15, 2016 12:18:18 pm
      How is yellow submarine? Are they any better or worse than Dortmund? Don't know much about them of late. Luckily we have avoided Sevilla.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1004: Apr 15, 2016 12:24:31 pm
      How is yellow submarine? Are they any better or worse than Dortmund? Don't know much about them of late. Luckily we have avoided Sevilla.

4th in La Liga. A way off the top three but a gap between them and the rest.

Only seen snippets of them this season and watched their game vs Barcelona not long ago where they came back from 2-0 down to draw. Cedric Bakambu, their striker, looked quick and lively and was their go-to guy in attack but that could of been because they were playing against Barca and were sitting off them a bit and playing more direct. I don't know how they usually play.

From their position alone in La Liga they deserve a lot of respect and we have to fight to beat them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1005: Apr 15, 2016 12:25:38 pm
      Could not believe any part of Sakho's first half-hour performance, he was directly responsible for us being 2-0 down, felt for the lad.

Morning after the night before.
      Been blamed in media for his poor positioning on all three of their goals Stu.

Metro's article actually shows in pics where he should have been for two.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/pictures-show-where-liverpools-mamadou-sakho-should-have-been-for-borussia-dortmunds-goals-5817961/
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1006: Apr 15, 2016 12:29:50 pm
      Un foookin real
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1007: Apr 15, 2016 12:37:29 pm

.@LFC legends @kennethdalglish and @Ian_Rush9 full of emotion after a crazy night. #LFCBVB #UEL https://t.co/sLUHjdnzCW

— BT Sport Football (@btsportfootball) April 14, 2016

Liverpool’s legendary comeback against Borussia Dortmund will live long in the memory of players and fans alike.

The Reds recovered from 3-1 down in the second half to beat the Bundesliga side 4-3.

Goals from Divock Origi, Philippe Coutinho, Mamadou Sakho and Dejan Lovren secured a memorable result.

Liverpool fans belted out You’ll Never Walk Alone at the final whistle after one of the most incredible nights in their history.

And legendary Liverpool figure Kenny Dalglish was so moved by the night, he broke down in tears.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/liverpool-legend-kenny-dalglish-in-tears-after-incredible-europa-league-win-v-borussia-dortmund-5818057/#ixzz45tVAHXPk
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #1008: Apr 15, 2016 12:45:04 pm
      Still buzzing, the spirit, and courage we showed was like a Liverpool side of old, well done JK, one of the proudest European nights for me, even at 1-3 we were still playing some lovely football, the balance definitely swung in our favour when Pirlo and DS came on, Lallana was frustrating, and Firmino out of sorts, going forward we are looking as good as anybody, but need to tighten up, huge chance of winning the competition now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1009: Apr 15, 2016 12:55:17 pm
      Incredible night, mad game, celebrated like a 5 year old. Try to analyze games like that is a waste of time, just one word insanity
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1010: Apr 15, 2016 12:55:41 pm

They have the 2nd highest scorer in the competition in Bakambu, they've scored in 5 of their 6 away games and have kept clean sheets in 5 of their 6 home games. They simply have to be taken seriously! They're not as good as Dortmund but they're still a very good team.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1011: Apr 15, 2016 12:58:02 pm
      All forgotten with that peach of a goal of course. 

Agree mate, last night was not a night for picking faults, but for just enjoying the pure excitement, emotion and delight of our win.

I still can't watch Lovren's goal without getting tears in my eyes and laughing out loud.

Quick Reply