Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 61315 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #1035: Apr 15, 2016 04:19:17 pm
      Going home from work shower food then off to dads so we can watch it again  magic .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1036: Apr 15, 2016 04:46:18 pm
      Watched the game again 2-0 down and we were out, midfield weren't strong enough and kept giving the ball away, thought Lallana had a poor game and how many poor corners can we take but that aside what a great game
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1037: Apr 15, 2016 04:48:05 pm
      Everton have lost the 'bitters' tag, it has been earned in their fruitless years of searching for success while their rivals march on.
      Had a look in on the caff sh*te site and the aroma of lemons is overwhelming - bitter as F**k the are with a liberal sprinkling of hysteria.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1038: Apr 15, 2016 05:18:10 pm
      Thought I'd post some of the reactions on Twitter to the game last night :D...

Dirk Kuyt ‏@Kuyt  19h19 hours ago
      LFC a place where you learn to never give up!!! Amazing !!! Well done the Reds #YNWA https://www.instagram.com/p/BEMgd2EOMAQ/

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann  19h19 hours ago
      What a game. Special night at Anfield, one to remember ... Well done lads, now go on and win it

Pepe Reina ‏@PReina25  19h19 hours ago
      Yeahhhhh!! Get the f...... In!!💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Michael Essien ‏@MichaelEssien  19h19 hours ago
      Wow what a come back from Liverpool,what a game.Welldone to the Reds even though they were my rivals they deserve the win.Fairplay😄👍🏿

Michu ‏@Michuoviedo  19h19 hours ago
      THIS IS ANFIELD!!!!

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan  19h19 hours ago
      I told Arsenal to sign Klopp.
      I begged Arsenal to sign Klopp.
      I feel sick.
      #LFCBVB

I still can't believe it happened! Great to see some of the old lads still watching and maintaining an avid interest in the club. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1039: Apr 15, 2016 05:24:16 pm
      This cracked me up http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/liverpool/sokeefe/ex-liverpool-star-jamie-carragher-rows-former-chelsea-player-live-radio/

Carra evidently rang up that complete tool Jason Cundy to let him know what he thought! Cundy is a peenar...se of the highest order and I haven't got a clue how he gets on the radio.

He has to pay off his divorce settlements somehow...
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1040: Apr 15, 2016 05:46:34 pm
      Jason Cunty - what an abject bell piece he is.

Thought I'd post some of the reactions on Twitter to the game last night :D...

Dirk Kuyt ‏@Kuyt  19h19 hours ago
      LFC a place where you learn to never give up!!! Amazing !!! Well done the Reds #YNWA https://www.instagram.com/p/BEMgd2EOMAQ/

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann  19h19 hours ago
      What a game. Special night at Anfield, one to remember ... Well done lads, now go on and win it

Pepe Reina ‏@PReina25  19h19 hours ago
      Yeahhhhh!! Get the f...... In!!💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Michael Essien ‏@MichaelEssien  19h19 hours ago
      Wow what a come back from Liverpool,what a game.Welldone to the Reds even though they were my rivals they deserve the win.Fairplay😄👍🏿

Michu ‏@Michuoviedo  19h19 hours ago
      THIS IS ANFIELD!!!!

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan  19h19 hours ago
      I told Arsenal to sign Klopp.
      I begged Arsenal to sign Klopp.
      I feel sick.
      #LFCBVB

I still can't believe it happened! Great to see some of the old lads still watching and maintaining an avid interest in the club. 

Missed out Alonso's brilliant tweet - quite emotional to see all these legends applaud us again.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1041: Apr 15, 2016 06:21:12 pm
      Just keep watching the highlights of the match. It's not getting old :) Absolutely brilliant night. Memorable scenes. Would've been way too boring to lead from the start, you have to have a massive mountain to climb to REALLY appreciate it ;)  That's what it's all about, nights like that, like the guys said, that's why you train hard, put in the hours, so you're there when the stars align and you get a game like that.

Not done yet, Villarreal next. Would settle for a more comfortable 4-2 agg win. Just two wins away from a big prize.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1042: Apr 15, 2016 06:37:07 pm
      One extremely memorable scene that definitely came at a low point in my morality for the match but was equally intense and impressive was when there was dead silence in Anfield and then you could just hear one isolated extremely loud drum bang and then the fans would just let out a noise and then quiet again and they repeated that a number of times until our fans drowned them out with a chant. That scene, along with the absolutely incredible YNWA, and a few more moments during the match sent extremely sharp shivers down my spine even watching it over the TV.

If anyone knows of a link to that moment with the drums by any chance I would be extremely grateful otherwise I'll just rewatch the whole match again.    ;D
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1043: Apr 15, 2016 07:04:08 pm
      Superb result

positives was that we kept going, worked hard and kept our heads up, scored 4 goals and the match will go down in history and i'm happy for every fan who was lucky enough to witness that live at Anfield and although i will blame our defense, i will also praise them for the never give up attitude and the heart they showed....oh and both center backs scoring  ;)

negatives - shocking defending as a unit, Sakho played them onside for all of there goals, we let in 2 goals in the first 10 minutes then quickly after we got it back to 2-1. Our passing and shooting is wayward, although we scored 4 goals we had our first shot on target when Origi scored and fluffed quite a few good opportunities

and our delivery from corners was generally shockingly bad

If we can get to the stage where were passing as crisp and attacking as fast as Dortmund - mixed with our heart and courage then we will have some team (along with some of there players)

JFT96

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1044: Apr 15, 2016 07:28:28 pm
      No offence but I do find it a bit weird how we can come to analyse games like last night where the very approach by both teams was based on a desire to score. These are the same people who after the penalty shootout in Istanbul probably stood up and said 'yeah that's all very well but we wouldn't have needed that if it weren't for our 'shocking defending' in the first half'. There are some games where logic just isn't there. Last night was one of those games. Where two teams are playing extreme, open, end to end football to the point where tactics become are sidelined to a degree. Sure there were things, notably Sakho's positioning, where you think it could have been better but that would also be taking away from the very fine and ruthless attacks constructed by Dortmund who I thought, at 3-1, were the best side I had ever seen come to Anfield in years.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #1045: Apr 15, 2016 07:30:13 pm
      Got to score three against Dortmund in the second half, nah that's too easy we'll do four ta.

Good point.  When's the last time we scored 4 in a half?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1046: Apr 15, 2016 07:33:57 pm

Was thinking the Southampton league cup match back in December but that was 3 in each half I think. Cardiff away in that 6-3 result back in March 2014 perhaps?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1047: Apr 15, 2016 07:37:09 pm

against the arse ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1048: Apr 15, 2016 07:52:21 pm
      No offence but I do find it a bit weird how we can come to analyse games like last night where the very approach by both teams was based on a desire to score. These are the same people who after the penalty shootout in Istanbul probably stood up and said 'yeah that's all very well but we wouldn't have needed that if it weren't for our 'shocking defending' in the first half'. There are some games where logic just isn't there. Last night was one of those games. Where two teams are playing extreme, open, end to end football to the point where tactics become are sidelined to a degree. Sure there were things, notably Sakho's positioning, where you think it could have been better but that would also be taking away from the very fine and ruthless attacks constructed by Dortmund who I thought, at 3-1, were the best side I had ever seen come to Anfield in years.

What aload of bollocks this is and I bet you right now Klopp has them at melwood watching videos and videos of our sh*te defending last night.

Last night was special, one of those magical nights at Anfield, so nobody really gives a F**k about sakho being all over the place at the moment, but there is always something to learn from a game of football - always.

Last night we learnt a few things. Sakhos positioning was all wrong. Milner is not a centre midfielder, Allen or Lucas should have started in there instead, Milner can't take a corner oh and we shouldn't fear F***ing anybody.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1049: Apr 15, 2016 07:54:21 pm
      Can't even enjoy a night that will go down as one of our great games in history...24 hours later the house pundits need to open they're traps with expert analysis on who fu**ed up.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #1050: Apr 15, 2016 07:57:19 pm

Don't need to go that far back, Norwich earlier this year.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1051: Apr 15, 2016 08:32:44 pm
      He was very good indeed.
      Really developing well, just hope he hasn't sustained ankle ligament damage, would be rotten luck for him and us.

Can :   Wouldn't be surprised for Klopp to make him Captain next season.
      Would be my choice right now.

He was awesome last night .

Hope injury is not too serious.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2016 09:44:27 pm by eurored »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1052: Apr 15, 2016 09:26:26 pm
      The players view arriving at Anfield last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEMhPtIO_7J/?taken-by=amplfc18&hl=en
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1053: Apr 15, 2016 09:35:24 pm
      it just feels like we are back and Anfield should become a place to fear.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1054: Apr 15, 2016 09:46:09 pm
      Sakho taking the brunt of blame but you need to look at replays Lovren badly at fault for 2 goals.
      1. When cross came in he was outside box with 4 players behind him which left sakho exposed but should have stepped up.
      2. Same again attracted to the man and came out to much leaving Sakho playing Reus on

Just making a point that if one part of the unit comes unattached if cocks it all up .
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,218 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1055: Apr 15, 2016 10:17:22 pm
      Incredible! I remember checking some of the early updates on here at 2-0 down and it was pretty much "we're f*cked, they're all over us" and I must admit I wasn't exactly overly optimistic at that point myself, but I was at the Olympiacos game in 04/05 and remember the feelings well.

This was like that only in some ways better because of the quality Dortmund possess.

It just goes to show that for all our dodgy ways, we still have some fantastically talented players who, when spurred on by a manager and a crowd who know what it takes to achieve the unthinkable, can summon the strength to produce moments of magic.

Let's please now bring this cup home !
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1056: Apr 15, 2016 10:19:11 pm
      Why has there ALWAYS got to be a scape goat?

Let. It. Go.

A f**king scape goat on one of the most memorable nights in short history, f**k off.

Just let me know if that is aimed at me and I will reply in earnest
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #1057: Apr 15, 2016 11:09:31 pm
      We do look a better side without Henderson, crisper passing and look a more creative force, still would rather see Studge in place of Lallana, but overall 'buzzing'

Quick Reply