Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 60574 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #1104: Apr 16, 2016 05:55:00 pm
      Not sure if has been posted elsewhere, a miracle or two on Thursday night..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlBzf7OoGdo

They are carers mate, the orders are one disabled wheelchair user plus one carer, notice it's alternate seated jumping up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1105: Apr 16, 2016 06:19:44 pm
      Now the dust has settled a little on a magnificent spectacle and remarkable result here's how I personally rated the players:

Mignolet: Made one good save from Aubameyang and seemed to get a nick on a cross bound for Aubameyang when it was 2-0 which proved crucial, other than that was again inconsistent with his distribution and personally thought he sold himself a little on the Reus goal. 6/10

Moreno: It's the way Alberto is tuned but he really does get himself so far out of position too often. Sure he recovers occasionally but if he doesn't learn to smell when it's right to go and when it's right to wait he'll eventually lose out. 6/10

Sakho: Scored a nice stooped header and you could really see what it meant to him because he knew he was atoning for some dreadful positioning for really all of their goals. One fantastic block when he again had to recover from a poor position can't possibly redeem a poor night defensively for big Mama. 5/10

Lovren: Scored the winning goal with a beautiful header that sent us all into raptures. In defence I did think he got pulled around by Dortmund's play a little too easily, if he's going to step forward he needs to win the ball. Did make me laugh with his celebration too. 7/10

Clyne: He's going through a rough patch in my opinion, think he was let down by Sakho on the Reus goal but I might be giving him too much credit. Doesn't offer nearly enough going forward to be anything less than sublime in defence and currently he's far from sublime. 6/10

Can: Thought he was the best of our defensive unit in the first half, abandoned by Milner and having to deal with a marauding Dortmund is a task too big for anyone on their own. He snuffed out a few of their attacks and was trying to cover for Moreno numerous times but found himself torn between covering for an out of position Moreno or leaving the middle completely exposed. The worst possible choice for a DM as neither is correct and both will get punished by a good side. You can really see the deep lying play maker coming to the fore and I was very impressed with him yet again. Thought second half with Allen the pair of them turned the screw on Dortmund and looked a very decent pairing for our midfield. One thing that Emre is getting better and better at is aerial dominance, seems to impose himself in those midfield battles and it gives much less opportunity for the opposition to get second ball chances. Was gutted for him to get injured, thought it was bad at the time and surprised he stayed on as long as he did. His assist for Origi's goal was a great passage of play and a gorgeous weighted pass too: 8.5/10

Milner: Should be playing on the right, it's admirable that he wants to do so much but it's also foolish. Getting so far ahead of the play and sucked in is not smart play when you're part of a 2 man midfield. It's fine when you're playing out wide, it's easier to cover up and the risk to reward is much greater. Ran himself into the ground as is expected with Milner and if you ignore his horrific corners the crossing when in open play is very good, especially like when he seems to knock it too far, not only for the goal but there was another one into Origi which he dinked wide and a little loop on it where Milner again seemed to knock it too far but his athleticism bought him out of the hole. I'm sold on him starting on the right hand side just think with Can out he'll get more in the middle where I'm much less convinced: 7/10

Lallana: The most disappointing of our attackers, thought he should have scored when he had bags of time in the box, decided to turn for no reason and then proceeded to hit it with the wrong foot first and air shot with the other. Didn't seem able to catch runners who were travelling with the ball and was rightly subbed off. He's becoming quite inconsistent which is a shame because there's moments when he looks a perfect fit but they're not frequent enough. 5/10

Firmino: Don't think he should have started to be honest, he'd looked off the pace in the previous games since his injury and again didn't look quite up to it in this. Needs to cut out the times he gets caught in possession, it's fine winning it back but on this occasion one of them cost us a goal. It was difficult to take the ball in with 4 players around him and should have offloaded it immediately but right now he's just a little off the pace and I'm sure he'll soon be back to his best. 5.5/10

Origi: Fantastic performance again from the young lad, MotM for me. Always looked a threat, held on to the ball really well, brought others into the game and Dortmund were terrified of him. Cracking finish, maybe could have had another but was constantly on them and gave them not a moments peace. Love his attitude, his commitment and boy does this lad have some serious strength, huge improvement this year and can only dream of how good he can become. 9/10

Coutinho: At fault for their first but still we shouldn't be punished so easily from one misplaced pass that high up the pitch. Beautiful strike, you knew as soon as he hit it that it was a goal. Him and Firmino linked really well in the first half quite a few times, also Origi getting involved. Thought in the second half when Allen was introduced he became the controller with runners buzzing around him and started pulling the strings then. Good performance by the young fella again. 8/10

Allen: What a difference he made to our midfield and the pressure we could exert onto their backline. If he'd played from the start there's a chance he could have got MotM but in truth I think was more about the balance of the side than it was about the individual. We simply flowed and the rhythm of our game went up a few levels with his introduction. In a rich vein of form at the moment and long may it continue 7.5/10

Sturridge: Played a hand in a couple of goals, one with the run that confused the Dortmund defence for the Sakho header and of course the winner. Saw the space myself but it's much easier watching than it is playing and he did brilliantly there as did Milly. Think he might have had another assist had Origi not been pulled back by Hummels (should have been red) and overall it was the right substitution and most of all he looked absolutely ecstatic when we won, loved his reaction and exactly what I personally wanted to see from Studge. 7/10

Lucas: Only had 10 minutes or so and the most notable contribution I suppose was giving away the free-kick which sent our hearts racing at the end. Thankfully Gundogan whistled it just wide and all is forgiven! 5/10

Klopp: Thought he got the decision to start Firmino and possibly Lallana wrong. Both Allen and Sturridge would have probably been better starting but of course you'll never truly know. He did rectify it though and that must have been one helluva half-time team talk. The lads came out without a single sign of resignation, never lost their drive, never lost their belief and by the end of the game, as Tuchel said, it just seemed to be destiny. Amazing the belief he's given to them and a night that none of us will ever forget. Love watching us play and Jürgen deserves a massive amount of credit for taking us even this far in this competition, if we could go on to win it that really would be astonishing.

Best night of footy we've witnessed since Istanbul still buzzing from it!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1106: Apr 16, 2016 07:34:54 pm

Agree with almost all of that Luke, I would probably have given Milner 8/10 just for the hard work and the way he almost had to turn himself inside out to get that ball into Coutinho's path for the goal rather than just returning it (and the chance would probably be gone). 

Agree he was all over the shop early on. Needs to accept he has a role to play rather than running round like a headless chicken at times.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1107: Apr 16, 2016 07:46:08 pm
      I disagree about Milner, thought he was the worst player on the pitch first half. Loses possession to easily, is always out of position when he does so. Fair play for two crosses he pulled off in open play, but why the hell is he still taking all the corners.

Burst out laughing at this though.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1108: Apr 16, 2016 09:01:19 pm

Thats about it isnt it . A cynical laugh at a fellow poster.

In 38 pages of 1112    pre  ,  in and post match posts of probably the most amazing game in recent history you my friend posted just once .

A one word comment  on Page 24 post number # 693.

I think it proves beyond any doubt that you have no enthusiasm or support for this club if you are unable to post simple praise for a comeback to match Istanbul.

The game has been over for two days ..... still no word falling out of your mouth ?

One word and a cynical laugh at a poster on this page ? Thats your complete contribution?

Strange. When usually you have so much to say !

You are an inveterate liar , a bullshit merchant and WUM .  Just like with Rodgers ... perhaps a few more people will see through your thinly disguised sham .
      The ego (bred from insecurity) matches.

You have no support for this club.  You never have .
      Perhaps your Sergio slip should have been picked up by more people.

Why dont you just f**k off these forums  and go bother other teams fans.

The Mods that you love running to may one day give you a permanent  ban.

Your complete lack of enthusiasm for what we achieved two nights ago and your conspicuous absence of comment  shouts volumes.

Im posting this another thread as a reply to your deluded bullshit

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016 08:57:50 am by eurored »
      +10
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1109: Apr 16, 2016 10:55:42 pm
      Just arrived home tonight after a few days in the north of England  ;D

That night is up there with the very very best, it's literally years since I felt so emotional at the final whistle, I was shaking like a leaf during those last 10 minutes which seemed to last forever, oh the elation as Lovren stuck that ball in the back of the net as the players ran right in front of me.....the celebrations on the Kop were truly electric, it's times like this that make it all worthwhile, all the travelling up and down the M6 in all weathers, all the money spent over a season and all the crap games we've had this season, well this one game makes up for all that, it was a total privilege to be there on such a special night and I tell you what, only Liverpool could have done that, not many gave us a chance and people were leaving the ground when we went 3-1 down, but you've always got that hope, especially when Liverpool play, how many times have we said, 'we never make it easy for ourselves'

The atmosphere after the game was brilliant, having a bevy or two with the Dortmund fans who were totally gutted they'd lost, some were very cocky and obviously had come over to see their team take Liverpool to the cleaners, and when they got those 2 quick goals early on, I must admit, I thought we were doomed, but nobody does comebacks like Liverpool FC  ;D

Absolutely thrilled for Jürgen, the players and all the fans...we deserved this !!

Bring on Villareal  ;)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1110: Apr 16, 2016 11:11:39 pm
      What a fantastic game of footie and a night to remember , it will go down in our history as probably one of the greatest come backs ever . Origi and Allen were probably our best players out there , Joe made all the difference when he came on he's proven to be a right handy player lately he's proved me wrong , a good move from Klopp that was . And that lad Origi is a right handful , but F**k me that Lallana is brutal , absolute sh*t running around like a headless chicken tripping over himself , he needs shipping out as soon as possible .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1111: Apr 16, 2016 11:17:08 pm

That night is up there with the very very best, it's literally years since I felt so emotional at the final whistle, I was shaking like a leaf during those last 10 minutes which seemed to last forever, oh the elation as Lovren stuck that ball in the back of the net as the players ran right in front of me.....the celebrations on the Kop were truly electric, it's times like this that make it all worthwhile, all the travelling up and down the M6 in all weathers, all the money spent over a season and all the crap games we've had this season, well this one game makes up for all that, it was a total privilege to be there on such a special night and I tell you what, only Liverpool could have done that, not many gave us a chance and people were leaving the ground when we went 3-1 down, but you've always got that hope, especially when Liverpool play, how many times have we said, 'we never make it easy for ourselves'

The atmosphere after the game was brilliant, having a bevy or two with the Dortmund fans who were totally gutted they'd lost, some were very cocky and obviously had come over to see their team take Liverpool to the cleaners, and when they got those 2 quick goals early on, I must admit, I thought we were doomed, but nobody does comebacks like Liverpool FC  ;D

Absolutely thrilled for Jürgen, the players and all the fans...we deserved this !!

Bring on Villareal  ;)

When that Final whistle went hun, apart from going mental, I thought of you standing, jumping and going crazy on the KOP and I wished at that very moment, I was standing there beside you soaking every second of that atmosphere in. Made up that you were there and that you got to witness it but was a wee bit jealous at the same time. xxx
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1112: Apr 16, 2016 11:20:47 pm
      Also I must make mention how it could have gone so incredibly wrong in that last second. That stupid free kick from Lucas
      ( he's known for doing a few of them), made me so F***ing angry. That FK wizzed past Migs goal line. If it was on target that was in, Migs wasn't saving that. THANK F**k IT WASNT ON TARGET  otherwise we would all be a right miserable bunch of fuckers on here. I think that would have destroyed me completly if that last kick of the match went in.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1113: Apr 16, 2016 11:21:57 pm

Bring on Villareal  ;)
      That was some atmosphere there Cas , 10 times better than the manc game . I only got back last night and my throat is sore . Dejan Lovren will never be forgotten for that goal , that's what we need to bring back the confidence , we don't have a great team but the character was there and i thought it was gone , that's what makes the difference .

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1114: Apr 16, 2016 11:45:03 pm
      Also I must make mention how it could have gone so incredibly wrong in that last second. That stupid free kick from Lucas
      ( he's known for doing a few of them), made me so f**king angry. That FK wizzed past Migs goal line. If it was on target that was in, Migs wasn't saving that. THANK F**k IT WASNT ON TARGET  otherwise we would all be a right miserable bunch of fuckers on here. I think that would have destroyed me completly if that last kick of the match went in.

In fairness to Lucas I can think of a couple of opportunities where we should have just taken the man down prior to Lucas finally putting his feet in. That said, not a pretty moment for Lucas or the supporters to endure and it's something he's got to cut out. Probably says everything about his lack of pace and inability to stop people from getting passed him.

Thankfully not quite on the levels of Gudjohnsen in 2005 because the circumstances were slightly different seeing as that moment came at the end of what was a 90 odd minute siege where we were desperately trying not to let them score. Literally could feel the tear ducts ready to give way when he pulled his leg to strike it. Utterly miraculous that that one didn't go in and to this day I still cannot bear to watch it even in the knowledge that he missed it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1115: Apr 16, 2016 11:51:00 pm
      ( he's known for doing a few of them), made me so f**king angry. That FK wizzed past Migs goal line. If it was on target that was in, Migs wasn't saving that. THANK F**k IT WASNT ON TARGET  otherwise we would all be a right miserable bunch of fuckers on here. I think that would have destroyed me completly if that last kick of the match went in.

What made it worse was Lucas had already brought someone down in that same passage of play. I think I broke all records for swearing between the foul and Gundogan missing.

Would have been almost unbearable if it had gone in mate.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1116: Apr 17, 2016 12:36:02 am
      Ahh come on now. It's clear that they are carers for those in wheelchairs. Poor show from the person who spread this around the internet.

Yeah thought it was snide when I saw people posting it but it was mainly the linkbaiters and the BellendBible and that kind of thing.  In any case, I actually think disabled fans at Anfield have to endure some of the shittest specs in the ground.  Front of the Kop is actually pretty piss poor place to watch a game of footy, although admittedly it will have been alright in the 90th minute the other day!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1117: Apr 17, 2016 12:43:17 am
      One more night that will newer be forgoten!
      Thank you lads,i F***ing loved it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1118: Apr 17, 2016 12:57:48 am
      Yeah thought it was snide when I saw people posting it but it was mainly the linkbaiters and the BellendBible and that kind of thing.  In any case, I actually think disabled fans at Anfield have to endure some of the shittest specs in the ground.  Front of the Kop is actually pretty piss poor place to watch a game of footy, although admittedly it will have been alright in the 90th minute the other day!
      Know what you mean about their view of the game  but they had the best view of them four beauties going in all the best to all of them .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1119: Apr 17, 2016 03:03:51 am

Not half.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1120: Apr 17, 2016 03:06:35 am
      What made it worse was Lucas had already brought someone down in that same passage of play. I think I broke all records for swearing between the foul and Gundogan missing.

Would have been almost unbearable if it had gone in mate.

He came on and flew around like a Jack Russell with its lipstick out. I love Lucas but he so easily could have been getting a whole load of grief if that Gundogan free kick went in. I was cursing him like you. Stupid.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1121: Apr 17, 2016 03:51:50 am
      Though it would be difficult to beat Istanbul but this match was as special as they get. Against a team that should have been playing in the CL and twice going down to normally unrecoverable deficits in the game, if there was one team and set of fans that still believed it could be done, it's the Mighty Reds. Carlsberg can do the greatest meetings, girlfriends, haircuts but we do the best comebacks in the world.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1122: Apr 17, 2016 08:21:46 am
      Origi's goal is one of the best team goals you'll ever see. 7 passes from back to front, all with the first touch and it ends up going in the net.

I can't stop watching these highlights.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1123: Apr 17, 2016 10:01:06 am
      Origi's goal is one of the best team goals you'll ever see. 7 passes from back to front, all with the first touch and it ends up going in the net.

I can't stop watching these highlights.

Yeah it was a superb team goal. Similar to a lot of the ones Dortmund were scoring when I was watching their YouTube highlights after finding out Kopp was coming here.

Just a joy to watch and something I think we'll see a lot more of.

It was pure fast, incisive, inch perfect passing, counter attacking at its very best.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #1124: Apr 17, 2016 11:04:29 am
      Every time I watch it, I can't help but feel that the Dortmund sub just as the corner was taken was critical in the equaliser.  For all the criticism being thrown at our defending (and I think it was as much their attacking) that for me was the key moment in the game.
      paolo bitta
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #1125: Apr 17, 2016 01:13:26 pm
      This match, imho, has to be taken as example in fooball schools to show what football has to be.

For what happened inside and outside the field.

Great supporters, respect for the opposite team, and endless determination to win the match.

I would have enough to see the 20% of this approach in Serie A.

I revalued Europa League. This year it doesn't seems at all the "poor" sister of the Champions.

;)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Dortmund
      Reply #1126: Apr 17, 2016 04:27:18 pm
      They don't deserve a wage after this sh*te.

:lmao:

Quick Reply