Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      24 (13%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (3.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.5%)
      Emre Can
      19 (10.3%)
      James Milner
      37 (20.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philip Coutinho
      4 (2.2%)
      Divock Origi
      68 (37%)
      Joe Allen
      23 (12.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2016 10:07:24 pm

Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes

Read 60567 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool FOUR Dortmund 3 (5-4): In game and Post Match scenes
      Reply #1127: Apr 17, 2016 04:31:38 pm

I'm sure you was happy as larry when we were 2-0/3-1 down wasn't you :roll:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1128: Apr 17, 2016 06:56:19 pm
      2nd half just kicking off - again  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1129: Apr 18, 2016 12:47:52 am

No doubt Anfield on a generic match day can range from average-drab with the occasional decent atmosphere.

However - with nights such as Thursday, there is an air of tradition and culture which isn't replicated anywhere else in England.

From the fans lining the streets outside Anfield to greet the team coaches - to the Kop's sea of flags, to the very tight, enclosed nature of Anfield as a football ground.

It creates a very unique atmosphere.

Compare the Etihad on Wednesday and Anfield on Thursday.

Worlds apart.

Where was this ?

Red Cafe the Scum's forum. Tonight.

Thread : Jürgen Not So Flopp Watch

Page 43 .  Post 1685 .

Are they going soft ? 

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/Jürgen-not-so-flopp-watch-15-16.410588/page-43
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1130: Apr 18, 2016 01:21:13 am
      Quote from paolo bitta
      I revalued Europa League. This year it doesn't seems at all the "poor" sister of the Champions.

;)

It never is. It is a wonderful competition. Even the new music for it is great. Sadly, in England it has an image problem.

Not enough money
      Thursday nights
      Long trips

It doesn't matter what competition it is. If you want to play in Europe, you have to travel. Our club goes to USA and Australia for pre-season, yet bizarrely doesn't want to play important games in Eastern Europe. Well you know what, in the other competition, teams must go to Russia, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel and a few have to go to Astana in -℃ fridge in autumn and play on astroturf. What are they going to do, say no? So if it's alright for them, it's alright for us.

The cash on offer in the UEFA Cup is not a lot for a club like us. So what, we're not playing it for the money. But we need to improve our rankings in the early rounds, and you can't buy experiences like beating the mancs and Dortmund at home for all the cash in UEFA.

The Thursday night thing. I read another piece about it in the press today, with the usual myths and conspiracy theories. All it was short of was saying the "best players in the world don't play on Thursday night". True, Mascherano, Messi, Suarez, Sanchez, Costa, Buffon, Di Maria, and Ibrahimovic to name a few won't play on Thursday night this year. Instead they will watch us and a few other clubs on tv, wondering why we are still playing for big prizes, and they are sitting there at home all week with nothing to play for. We've already heard the manc reaction, "sick with envy" they are. Sod them.

Of course, we all want to play in the other competition with it's three language music, and that is fine. But if anyone still tells you the UEFA Cup is to avoid at all costs, just show them a video of the Dortmund game, I'm sure there are many available, it is as good as anything you see in the other competition. So if they haven't changed their opinion after that, well they are simply not telling the truth.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1131: Apr 18, 2016 01:51:51 am

No doubt Anfield on a generic match day can range from average-drab with the occasional decent atmosphere.

However - with nights such as Thursday, there is an air of tradition and culture which isn't replicated anywhere else in England.

From the fans lining the streets outside Anfield to greet the team coaches - to the Kop's sea of flags, to the very tight, enclosed nature of Anfield as a football ground.

It creates a very unique atmosphere.

Compare the Etihad on Wednesday and Anfield on Thursday.

Worlds apart.

Where was this ?

Red Cafe the Scum's forum. Tonight.

Thread : Jürgen Not So Flopp Watch

Page 43 .  Post 1685 .

Are they going soft ? 

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/Jürgen-not-so-flopp-watch-15-16.410588/page-43

I think that's a Liverpool fan mate.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1132: Apr 18, 2016 08:54:53 am
      I think that's a Liverpool fan mate.

Lets hope. Wouldn't want the Mancs going soft on us .
      paolo bitta
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #1133: Apr 18, 2016 09:32:03 am
      It never is. It is a wonderful competition. Even the new music for it is great. Sadly, in England it has an image problem.

Not enough money
      Thursday nights
      Long trips
      Of course, we all want to play in the other competition with it's three language music, and that is fine. But if anyone still tells you the UEFA Cup is to avoid at all costs, just show them a video of the Dortmund game, I'm sure there are many available, it is as good as anything you see in the other competition. So if they haven't changed their opinion after that, well they are simply not telling the truth.

I quote from the first to the last letter what you wrote. This year I have seen beautiful matches in Europa League. Liverpool-Dortmund the top of them.

I feel an innate sympathy for all the things undervalued: imho even Liverpool FC is.

I can not speak in behalf of italian people but I have the feeling that generally here, M.United is rated better that Liverpool in the common perception.

And this thing is asbolutely wrong: Liverpool has more Cups won.

I do not want to say that EL is better than CL but many matches in EL are with no dubts much better that other is CL.

:)

craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #1134: Apr 18, 2016 10:40:35 am
      Congrats for the win, you and your team really deserved it for the dedication and immovable belief on the ground and in the stands!

What a wonderful and friendly atmosphere at and around Anfield on that night, I´ll never forget!

Reds and BVB fans were contesting singing their chants alternately in the pubs and applauding each other afterwards, also singing "Football´s coming home" and "You´ll never walk alone" together.

Never getting tired of praising the opponent highly respecting the quality of the other team and support whole night before and even more mentionable after the game as well.

Especially the appreciating and honest applause of the LFC supporters on the stand next to the Dortmund section which was answered same way by us made it much easier to cope with the shock of our defeat.

Very very classy fans of yours as well as your team was on that night, thank you so much for this breathtaking experience!

Keeping my fingers crossed the LFC will go all the way now in the EL!
      +12
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1135: Apr 18, 2016 12:25:39 pm
      Congrats for the win, you and your team really deserved it for the dedication and immovable belief on the ground and in the stands!

What a wonderful and friendly atmosphere at and around Anfield on that night, I´ll never forget!

Reds and BVB fans were contesting singing their chants alternately in the pubs and applauding each other afterwards, also singing "Football´s coming home" and "You´ll never walk alone" together.

Never getting tired of praising the opponent highly respecting the quality of the other team and support whole night before and even more mentionable after the game as well.

Especially the appreciating and honest applause of the LFC supporters on the stand next to the Dortmund section which was answered same way by us made it much easier to cope with the shock of our defeat.

Very very classy fans of yours as well as your team was on that night, thank you so much for this breathtaking experience!

Danke Mein Freund .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1136: Apr 18, 2016 02:50:20 pm

This tie for me has showed what football should really be like.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1137: Apr 21, 2016 09:56:08 pm
      Finally got round to watching the game today, what a match, gutted I couldn't watch it live :(
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1138: Apr 14, 2023 07:59:29 am
      https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1646762711252971520?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

This popped up on my timeline

I had been away for 6 months in Sandy countries and managed to get back 2 days before and it was just an amazing night , atmosphere was unreal and Dortmund fans played a part in it

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #1139: Apr 14, 2023 09:55:17 am
      https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1646762711252971520?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

This popped up on my timeline

I had been away for 6 months in Sandy countries and managed to get back 2 days before and it was just an amazing night , atmosphere was unreal and Dortmund fans played a part in it

Agreed, I was in the corner of the Kop where Lovren dived into after the goal. The great thing was it was one of those matches where it seemed everyone believed we would do it despite falling behind. For me only bettered by the 4-0 destruction of Barca.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1140: Apr 14, 2023 04:59:43 pm
      Agreed, I was in the corner of the Kop where Lovren dived into after the goal. The great thing was it was one of those matches where it seemed everyone believed we would do it despite falling behind. For me only bettered by the 4-0 destruction of Barca.

Me too  :) that was certainly a great night to be on the Kop, the atmosphere was brilliant as Lovren ran towards us, the kop went wild and I would most definately agree with you about the Barca night, I'll take that one to the grave with me, spectacular night.

Quick Reply