Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Danny Ward
      5 (4.4%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (0.9%)
      Brad Smith
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      44 (38.9%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.9%)
      Jordon Ibe
      3 (2.7%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      5 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      53 (46.9%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Apr 21, 2016 04:45:44 pm

Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31197 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #437: Apr 18, 2016 02:43:11 pm
      Not sure if this is right, but I read on another site that Stewart can't play in the Europa either ?

Presumably because he is 22?

We didn't register him mate when we updated the list in January.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #438: Apr 18, 2016 03:11:10 pm
      We didn't register him mate when we updated the list in January.

Not sure why, but I was under the mistaken impression that we didn't need to register players aged 21 or under. Maybe I was thinking of the prem squad...

Sadly looks now like we shouldn't have brought Caulker into the squad (hindsight is wonderful) but Stewart.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #439: Apr 18, 2016 03:26:58 pm
      Not sure why, but I was under the mistaken impression that we didn't need to register players aged 21 or under. Maybe I was thinking of the prem squad...

Sadly looks now like we shouldn't have brought Caulker into the squad (hindsight is wonderful) but Stewart.

They all have to be registered but there's no restrictions on the number of u21s like there is for the overs.

At the time Stewart had just come back from an ankle ligament injury he got playing for Swindon in September and his profile at that time meant he probably wasn't considered as a 1st team starter. 

Like you say mate, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
      dropredfred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #440: Apr 18, 2016 03:34:13 pm
      Our young kids really did themselves proud yesterday! I think the future is bright and thankfully Klopp is giving them the chance to show what they can do  :)

I could never see them getting a chance like this under Rodgers, that's for sure!  :mad:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #441: Apr 18, 2016 03:39:41 pm
      Our young kids really did themselves proud yesterday! I think the future is bright and thankfully Klopp is giving them the chance to show what they can do  :)

I could never see them getting a chance like this under Rodgers, that's for sure!  :mad:

Rodgers found himself in a tricky position really. He was getting so much flack (some deserved but some not) that it meant he was under pressure to get results as soon as possible and he couldn't afford to risk players like Smith, Stewart, Ojo etc.

There's also the fact that some of these lads are still young so would have been crazy to use them a few years ago.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #442: Apr 18, 2016 04:27:33 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      I read up on this the other day to see if any of the top four lose out on champions league football - if we win the Europa League.

The top four qualify for champions league football.

If City win the champions league but finish outside the top four then Uefa will allocate England/Premierleague  five places in next years competition. The top four and city.

If we win the Europa League and finish outside the top four, and City win the Champions League and finish outside the top four, then Uefa will still only allocate five places to England/Premierleague  so we will take the place of whoever finishes fourth.

So if City finish fourth and win the Champions League then Uefa will only allocate four places to England/Premierleague - unless we win the Europa. So unless we finish top four or win the Europa we won't be getting CL football next season.

Hope that makes sense and clears anything up.

What is there to clear up?

The situation is very straight forward. We win the UEFA Cup, we're in the European Cup next season. It's not very difficult to understand tbh. We don't take the place of anyone else.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #443: Apr 18, 2016 05:11:31 pm
      What is there to clear up?

The situation is very straight forward. We win the UEFA Cup, we're in the European Cup next season. It's not very difficult to understand tbh. We don't take the place of anyone else.

But if we win Europa, City win CL and the filth come 4th, then the filth miss out on CL next year! Would be a good laugh to see that happen, but F**k seeing City win the CL, let's just do our job and win the Europa!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #444: Apr 18, 2016 05:32:30 pm
      But if we win Europa, City win CL and the filth come 4th, then the filth miss out on CL next year! Would be a good laugh to see that happen, but F**k seeing City win the CL, let's just do our job and win the Europa!

Let's just get on with winning our remaining games, finish 4th and win the Europa.

Job F***ing done then!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #445: Apr 18, 2016 11:21:41 pm
      Quote from RedWilly

Doesn't matter what we do tbh. A club can only be denied a European Cup spot if they finish 4th in the league, and a club that finishes lower than them wins the European Cup. As it is City are comfortably in the top 4 atm, so there's no issue there.

The scary thing though is that as bad as the mancs are this year, (and they are bad) they would be in the top 4 now if it wasn't for Leicester.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #446: Apr 19, 2016 09:28:49 am
      Can't believe I forgot to come I here straight after the Match and say Get the F**k in!

So Get the F**k one!

Well done our young Reds.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #447: Apr 19, 2016 09:45:09 am
      Can't believe I forgot to come I here straight after the Match and say Get the f**k in!

So Get the f**k one!

Well done our young Reds.

THC = Memory loss.  :P ;)

Quick Reply