Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Final tickets need sorting right across the board

Read 30771 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Final tickets need sorting right across the board
      Apr 19, 2016 01:05:21 am
      Sorry, I know people will say I'm getting ahead of myself.

But we're a 2 legged tie away from another major European final and it looks like should we get there, we'll be allocated under 10,000 tickets!!! ???

The genuine fan yet again will get royally shafted, it's got to stop! Yet another sign modern day football is light years apart from it's roots.

I'm going over to Switzerland come what may if we get through, but it looks like I won't be getting anywhere near the stadium FFS!  :f_steam:
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Final tickets need sorting right across the board
      Reply #1: Apr 20, 2016 11:54:33 am
      less than 10,000

That means not even season ticket holders WITH auto cup will qualify

crazy
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Apr 20, 2016 11:56:47 am
      Embarrassing that a European Cup Final is held at such a small ground!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Apr 22, 2016 10:20:50 pm
      we'll be allocated under 10,000 tickets!!!

Sad fact indeed.

Although when you've got the likes of Villarreal in the semi final and they are struggling to shift semi final tickets then maybe theres a reason why they haven't gone for a mega stadium.

Let's face it we still might not get there and would Villarreal v Shakhtar sell out the Nou Camp for a final?

IF, and it's still an IF, we get there, then yeah it is sh*t but you can't blame UEFA trying to guarantee at the least full crowd and thus an atmosphere.

Realistically any European stadium that involves Liverpool in a final wouldn't be big enough would it.  Same cannot be said for the overwhelming majority of other clubs.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #4: Apr 29, 2016 09:02:01 am
      Sad fact indeed.

Although when you've got the likes of Villarreal in the semi final and they are struggling to shift semi final tickets then maybe theres a reason why they haven't gone for a mega stadium.

Let's face it we still might not get there and would Villarreal v Shakhtar sell out the Nou Camp for a final?

IF, and it's still an IF, we get there, then yeah it is sh*t but you can't blame UEFA trying to guarantee at the least full crowd and thus an atmosphere.

Realistically any European stadium that involves Liverpool in a final wouldn't be big enough would it.  Same cannot be said for the overwhelming majority of other clubs.

Well i booked my flight before the Dortmund games

still hoping !
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Apr 29, 2016 01:52:33 pm
      Sam
      Well i booked my flight before the Dortmund games

still hoping !
      Got 2 tickets to final (face value), flights and digs already sorted, I'm gunna be a nervous wreck on Thursday!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #6: May 05, 2016 12:03:40 pm
      SamGot 2 tickets to final (face value), flights and digs already sorted, I'm gunna be a nervous wreck on Thursday!

How have you managed that?

The allocation we've got is sh*te. I've got all Europa League games recorded on my membership card but I know I won't get anywhere near a final ticket. Very annoying.

Makes you think what was the f**king point in getting a ticket for f**king Ruban Kazan months ago then.  Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those glory hunting supporters who only ever turns up for 'big' or important games (my best mate does this and it annoys me no end), but the whole point of following and going to the early rounds of the cup games is to get to see your team in the final at the end of it.

What a load of bollocks.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: May 05, 2016 01:58:24 pm

The allocation we've got is sh*te. I've got all Europa League games recorded on my membership card but I know I won't get anywhere near a final ticket. Very annoying.

Makes you think what was the f**king point in getting a ticket for f**king Ruban Kazan months ago then.  Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those glory hunting supporters who only ever turns up for 'big' or important games (my best mate does this and it annoys me no end), but the whole point of following and going to the early rounds of the cup games is to get to see your team in the final at the end of it.

What a load of bollocks.

I've been to every game too yet know i won't stand a chance of getting a ticket for the final with it being such a small allocation, crap small stadium to have a final  >:( :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: May 05, 2016 10:02:05 pm
      Chances of getting a ticket is 0 or 0.00001%?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: May 05, 2016 11:33:40 pm
      10,236 tickets available.

Anyone interested, it's here:

http://assets2.lfcimages.com/uploads/1477__4154__europa_final_selling_notice_final_version.pdf

I knew there'd be pretty much 0 chance for someone in my position to get hold of one but sucks to have it confirmed.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #10: May 06, 2016 01:03:36 am

What a load of bollocks.
      Dortmund mate of mine got drawn out in uefa ballot for 2 tickets, I sorted them out 4 years ago with tickets for Udinese game at Anfield Road when they were over playing City. He offered em me after we knocked em out for what he paid. Always knew that act of kindness on my part 4 years back would come around. Karma love it.

Buzzin 4 final just coming down from that atmosphere tonight!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: May 06, 2016 08:40:57 am
      Dortmund mate of mine got drawn out in uefa ballot for 2 tickets, I sorted them out 4 years ago with tickets for Udinese game at Anfield Road when they were over playing City. He offered em me after we knocked em out for what he paid. Always knew that act of kindness on my part 4 years back would come around. Karma love it.

Have those tickets got a name on them? I read if it doesn't have your name you might not be allowed in.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: May 06, 2016 08:52:53 am
      Never had the problem before mate, been drawn out in the ballot twice myself over last few years. That time Rangers played Zenit at Etithad sold mine to 2 Rangers fans and both tickets had my name on them. The two lads I sold them too never had a problem getting in.

I know where yr coming from cos read the release in regard the Liverpool tickets and needing passport number on etc.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #13: May 06, 2016 09:35:33 am

That's class. Enjoy mate.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #14: May 06, 2016 09:37:53 am
      The club have released the criteria today.  Anybody with 8 Europa League games recorded this season are guaranteed a ticket.

Very annoying as I have all seven home games but none away (which are close to impossible to get).

sh*te.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: May 06, 2016 09:43:03 am
      Never had the problem before mate, been drawn out in the ballot twice myself over last few years. That time Rangers played Zenit at Etithad sold mine to 2 Rangers fans and both tickets had my name on them. The two lads I sold them too never had a problem getting in.

I know where yr coming from cos read the release in regard the Liverpool tickets and needing passport number on etc.

Could you just say "it was a present"? Would they really not let you get in the ground?

Sorry for the questions. And it's pretty much false hope but trying to get a ticket nonetheless.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #16: May 06, 2016 09:54:19 am
      Flights booked and for Basel regardless.

Drunken decision last night but F**k it.

Mate of mine's brother lives in Basel so accomodation is free which helps. Plus he may be able to get a few tickets through one avenue or another. Fingers crossed but doubt it.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17: May 06, 2016 10:01:19 am
      The club have released the criteria today.  Anybody with 8 Europa League games recorded this season are guaranteed a ticket.

Very annoying as I have all seven home games but none away (which are close to impossible to get).

Sh*te.

I'm same got 4 cards all with the 7 home games on.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: May 06, 2016 10:02:18 am
      Flights booked and for Basel regardless.

Drunken decision last night but f**k it.

Mate of mine's brother lives in Basel so accomodation is free which helps. Plus he may be able to get a few tickets through one avenue or another. Fingers crossed but doubt it.

Where u flying from mate? We got a cheap one from Stanstead on the Tuesday before.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: May 06, 2016 10:06:28 am
      when you get out there take plenty of Swiss Francs and a brown paper bag and ask for a guy called Sepp.
      I cant see Liverpool fans sitting back and doing nothing I fully expect a Stadium 3/4 full of Liverpool supporters. Uefa hate us going to finals because we always take a huge support many without tickets so it will be a party atmosphere regardless
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #20: May 06, 2016 11:19:57 am
      Where u flying from mate? We got a cheap one from Stanstead on the Tuesday before.

Belfast mate.

Not sure where we're flying to though, was too dear flying to Switzerland so think it's France somewhere and then we'll get a train or hire a car.

I just gave my mate the money last night and he booked it, and knowing him we're probably hundreds of miles away.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: May 06, 2016 11:52:44 am
      Belfast mate.

Not sure where we're flying to though, was too dear flying to Switzerland so think it's France somewhere and then we'll get a train or hire a car.

I just gave my mate the money last night and he booked it, and knowing him we're probably hundreds of miles away.

;D. We're flying to Basel Mulhouse buts its actually in France. Stopping in place in Germany called Lorrech would have paid about 10 times what we have if we'd stayed in Basel! Beers cheaper in Germany aswell.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: May 06, 2016 11:58:57 am
      ;D. We're flying to Basel Mulhouse buts its actually in France. Stopping in place in Germany called Lorrech would have paid about 10 times what we have if we'd stayed in Basel! Beers cheaper in Germany aswell.

Basel's right in the corner of both France and Germany, when I lived there I used go Beer shopping in Germany and Wine shopping in France :-)

Quick Reply