Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      (1.4%)
      Clyne
      (0.7%)
      Lovren
      (1.4%)
      Sakho
      (13.5%)
      Moreno
      (0%)
      Lucas
      (2.1%)
      Milner
      (66.7%)
      Lallan
      (0%)
      Firmino
      (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      (9.9%)
      Origi
      (3.5%)
      Sturridge
      (0%)
      Allen
      (0%)
      Ibe
      (0%)

Liverpool 4:0 Everton. In game and post match GET IN!

Read 36556 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 4:0 Everton. In game and post match GET IN!
      Reply #736: Apr 21, 2016 02:19:02 pm
      Agreed, I'd also say bravery.

There's a fear of failure that seems to emanate from Hendo, it's why people get so frustrated with him because, as you say, he does seem to possess the skill but the application or willingness to try let's him down all too often. It's been a pleasure to see our side without the likes of Henderson and Skrtel to be honest, really highlighting what a lot of us believed.

Skrtel's another topic entirely. Second game in a row that he didn't make the bench (or was it the third game in a row - can't remember if he was on the bench against Dortmund last week) with Kolo chosen as the third man. A lot of players have been transformed since Klopp came in but Skrtel isn't one of them. He just doesn't seem to get it and maybe just highlights just how average a player he is and always has been. He really is no better than lower PL quality. Writing is on the wall surely.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #737: Apr 21, 2016 05:59:49 pm
      I really think you could be right there. Thing is Hendo was not averse to getting the ball forward two years ago. I remember a beautiful defence splitting pass for Suarez to score against Cardiff in December 2013 which showed his ability but my god he somewhat regressed to the tame, timid and cautious Hendo of a few years back. Since he's been injured it has been remarkable just how much more decisive the midfield has been and dare I say, dominant? Before his injury Henderson always seemed to be caught in between spaces - occupying no man lands where you couldn't press or block passes. If he did step forward to press the ease with which teams would go around him was so obvious. I think Henderson has a lot of work to prove that he deserves a place in the starting eleven. Lucas, Allen, Can, Milner - they all play with so much more purpose, clarity and decisiveness.

Only one solution for me FmS, take the armband off him,I think the burden has proven too much for the lad, he deserves a wee pat on the back for giving it a go but let's be honest here, our illustrious past has had stalwart skippers taking the lead,  from the colossus Yates, Tommy Smith , Crazy horse, Souness, Hansen, Hyppia, Gerrard all natural born leaders,
      Jordan bless him Isn't,

I think his form has taken a dip since he's had the captaincy, he's not been at the races and the pressure on him has effected his game, also the injuries he's had hasn't exactly helped either,

Injuries happen and players past and present go through the pain barrier, they all take there toll eventually, Hendo is a top player, no question, but he's no leader of men in a club of our standing, he'll bounce back of course but I want him back to his best where he can concentrate on his game and nothing else,

I'd be surprised if Jürgen doesn't change things during the close season, I think it's too early for Matip, however, I can see Lovren as his main man next season and beyond,  but we'll see?

YNWA

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #738: Apr 21, 2016 07:34:34 pm
      Whey get in!!! Everton who?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #739: Apr 21, 2016 07:43:52 pm
      Only one solution for me FmS, take the armband off him,I think the burden has proven too much for the lad, he deserves a wee pat on the back for giving it a go but let's be honest here, our illustrious past has had stalwart skippers taking the lead,  from the colossus Yates, Tommy Smith , Crazy horse, Souness, Hansen, Hyppia, Gerrard all natural born leaders,
      Jordan bless him Isn't,

I think his form has taken a dip since he's had the captaincy, he's not been at the races and the pressure on him has effected his game, also the injuries he's had hasn't exactly helped either,

Injuries happen and players past and present go through the pain barrier, they all take there toll eventually, Hendo is a top player, no question, but he's no leader of men in a club of our standing, he'll bounce back of course but I want him back to his best where he can concentrate on his game and nothing else,

I'd be surprised if Jürgen doesn't change things during the close season, I think it's too early for Matip, however, I can see Lovren as his main man next season and beyond,  but we'll see?

YNWA

Yeah I sadly agree with you. You only have to look at Milner's more than adequate leadership and realise there's something not there with Henderson. Now Milner isn't the long term option but the fact that he can take over the armband in his first season and do the role well doesn't look great for Henderson. Lovren seems best placed to take that role.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      Reply #740: Apr 21, 2016 07:52:53 pm
      Yeah I sadly agree with you. You only have to look at Milner's more than adequate leadership and realise there's something not there with Henderson. Now Milner isn't the long term option but the fact that he can take over the armband in his first season and do the role well doesn't look great for Henderson. Lovren seems best placed to take that role.

Yep, Milly you could argue is the ideal solution short term,  he has the experience Jordan hasn't had yet, so naturally he's more able to handle awkward situations such as who takes the pens, Re-balotelli,
      It may not matter so much now, with the end of season nigh, but it's possible Milly could carry on, or become vice and Dejan as new skip.

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #741: Apr 21, 2016 08:32:05 pm
      I hope Everton go out first and United get beat in the final.

I was above the Everton fans today in the upper Anfield road.  On the way into the ground they were walking up the Anfield Road chanting Murderers.  In the 4th minute of the game they started singing the 'Always the victims' song.  Throughout all this many of their fans were doing the 'wall pushing' motion to Liverpool fans in the Main Stand.

At anytime this is unforgiveable.  These are people from the same city.   5 days after the Hillsborough anniversary it is abhorrent in my point of view.  I hope United tw*t them 10-0 and then United get battered in the final by the same scoreline.
      Everton Football Club are a joke and their fanbase should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree whole heartedly one bunch of bitter bas**rds

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #742: Apr 21, 2016 08:45:21 pm
      As for Mori which way do you interperate the badge kissing, my interpretation is Mori your a c**t
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #743: Apr 21, 2016 08:52:34 pm
      Ha. ;D. What an ass kicking. One of the most dominant performances this season. Just controlled the entire pitch end to end. Milner is slowly taking over as Captain. Origi and Clyne are becoming automatic starters. You can see the effect Klopp has had on this club. When Rodgers was coach you didnt know what you would get. You couldn't expect to win. But, Klopp always has the squad ready. I expect to win every match and thats a great feeling.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #744: Apr 21, 2016 08:54:07 pm
      14 goals scored in te last 4 games.

Is it just me or are we getting the ball forward a lot quicker without Hendo in midfield?
      He isn't the type of player to grab the game , i actually believe had he been playing in the Dortmund game we wouldn't have won .

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #745: Apr 21, 2016 09:12:49 pm
      :angry-smiley-034: Bang  a bitter.  :action-smiley-060:

How sad. Go wash your mouth with soap. Better still go wash your whatsit with soap.  :f_tongueincheek:
      There's a bird works in the Sandon on match days , she's a blue got EFC tattoo behind her ear and she's a cracker , it's a pity really because you just know when she's handing out the pint she'd love to spit in it .

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #746: Apr 21, 2016 09:55:23 pm
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016 08:37:10 am by RedPuppy »
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #747: Apr 21, 2016 11:15:59 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #748: Apr 22, 2016 12:18:36 am
      Not sure if it has been discussed, just finished watching the game again. For me, this game changed just after Milner did something stupid. Already on a yellow, he loses control of the ball, slips and then takes a wild swipe to try and regain possession. If that connected, he's getting sent off, no doubts about it and that would have changed the whole game. But after that, we just took charge of the game.

Looking at the game as a whole though, is Mignolet the first player to get a n/a mark after playing the full ninety? More showed some in-game intelligence, Clyne was steady as every,  Sakho was outstanding, Lovren was poor aerialy against Lukaku but far more comfortable when it was on the floor.

Lucas had a very good game, played a couple of slide rule passes that deserved better finishes. Milner, has he invented a new position, the centre mid-wingback? Firmino was quiet but I've got this sneaking feeling that next season he'll be a monster. Coutinho had a game in which I think he'll be disappointed in himself despite a lot of good work. Lallana needs a little work on his decision making and get those fruit salad sweets off his feet.

Origi worked Everton's back line, raw but so promising. Sturridge is just a menace and I'm still not sure he's fully match fit. Allen, neat and tidy, if he's happy to be a bit part player-supersub, we should keep him. Ibe still has question marks over him, I'm not sure the questions will ever get answers.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #749: Apr 22, 2016 04:35:08 am
      How about that bit of tennis our boys played towards the end that had Klopp giggling? Delightful!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #750: Apr 22, 2016 08:25:22 am

My ife has just shown the shots to me on her i pad,it was all one way assault on the Everton goal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #751: Apr 22, 2016 09:14:36 am
      Not sure if it has been discussed, just finished watching the game again. For me, this game changed just after Milner did something stupid. Already on a yellow, he loses control of the ball, slips and then takes a wild swipe to try and regain possession. If that connected, he's getting sent off, no doubts about it and that would have changed the whole game. But after that, we just took charge of the game.

I wanted to say the same but didn't because it'd cause a sh*t-storm. There was another moment where he goes to win a 50/50 and just looks the barge the Everton player instead of winning the ball.

He made up for it, though. Delivery in the box is second to none at the moment from open play.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #752: Apr 22, 2016 09:20:40 am
      I wanted to say the same but didn't because it'd cause a sh*t-storm. There was another moment where he goes to win a 50/50 and just looks the barge the Everton player instead of winning the ball.

He made up for it, though. Delivery in the box is second to none at the moment from open play.

I agree he was rash and lucky to still be on the field. However, this confirmed to me he was so up for the derby like the way Gerrard used to be. Flying into tackles, making himself available for the ball all over the pitch, showing real passion.

I thought Milner was just fantastic. I can not stress how good those 2 deliveries were: both WORLD class.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #753: Apr 22, 2016 09:26:48 am
      She's got a bit of the crazy eyes going there  ;D

The thousand yard stare of an Evertonian who has been humiliated one to many times :-)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #754: Apr 22, 2016 10:35:30 am
      She's got a bit of the crazy eyes going there  ;D

TBH, if I'd just witnessed the destruction of my beloved club by bitter rivals, I'd have more than crazy in my eyes. I think she's remarkably calm, but remember, Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. If you see her, give her a wide birth.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      Reply #755: Apr 22, 2016 10:56:26 am
      TBH, if I'd just witnessed the destruction of my beloved club by bitter rivals, I'd have more than crazy in my eyes. I think she's remarkably calm, but remember, Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. If you see her, give her a wide birth.

Nah, I wanna shag her,I'd take great pleasure in f***in her over twice   :D

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #756: Apr 22, 2016 11:02:35 am
      I was watching the game and then the cameras panned to this fella in the crowd and I immediately thought it was our Billy aka DLS.   Was pissing myself laughing. Obviously I know better but then one of his mates posted the same thing on FB as soon as the match finished. Was just cracking up. Sorry DLS.  :lmao:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #757: Apr 22, 2016 12:48:03 pm
      14 goals scored in te last 4 games.

Is it just me or are we getting the ball forward a lot quicker without Hendo in midfield?

Yes .
      Resoundingly.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #758: Apr 22, 2016 05:01:16 pm
      I don't think I've seen a club team give up so easily after a red card when losing as them. Heck, I've seen them show more fight in previous derbies when 2 players down. Should have added another few, as I said earlier in the season, it's not our job to make the scoreline more bearable for the opposition, if they're on the ropes, put them away. I was craving for at least 5, to match the win in 82. But 4 will do, and the goal difference is finally respectable. So respectable, it's better than the mancs at last.

Quick Reply