Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 50333 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #299: May 27, 2017 10:21:59 am
      I will educate you and tell you who Phil Chisnall is,he was signed from manure in 1964 about the same time as we signed Geoff Strong from Arsenal.Geoff Strong made the grade with Bill Shankly but Phil Chisnall didn't and we sold him to Southend. Regarding Owen and bearing grudges If he had been upfront and given a honest reason as to why he wanted to leave instead of feeding us a load of sh*te for 12 months that he would sign a new contract then his actions might of been viewed differently.

Billy.

I think the main point I was getting to was that he was the last player ever to be transferred between us and the Scum.

Mancs to Us .

You are correct what happened after.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #300: May 27, 2017 10:26:02 am
      Billy.

I think the main point I was getting to was that he was the last player ever to be transferred between us and the Scum.

Mancs to Us .

You are correct what happened after.

Skip don' forget the Heinz episode either when Ferguson blocked Rafa from signing him and sold him to Real Madrid.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #301: May 27, 2017 12:05:13 pm
      I will educate you and tell you who Phil Chisnall is,he was signed from manure in 1964 about the same time as we signed Geoff Strong from Arsenal.Geoff Strong made the grade with Bill Shankly but Phil Chisnall didn't and we sold him to Southend. Regarding Owen and bearing grudges If he had been upfront and given a honest reason as to why he wanted to leave instead of feeding us a load of sh*te for 12 months that he would sign a new contract then his actions might of been viewed differently.
       In the 1965 F.A. Cup Final it was a toss up between Chisnall and Geoff Strong who would replace the injured Gordon Milne,Shanks got it right and chose Geoff Strong.
      Er , big f***in deal. Oh come on Owen wasn't forthcoming about what he wanted to do ? So what ? It's his career and he's not the first player to keep his cards close to his chest.
      Remember the complete and utter bollocks Gerrard came out with in his autobiography about him wanting to sign for Chelsea.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 12:10:55 pm by littleface »
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #302: May 27, 2017 12:13:17 pm
      Skip don' forget the Heinz episode either when Ferguson blocked Rafa from signing him and sold him to Real Madrid.
      Yeh , it's called protecting your own interests , you don't help your competitors y'know.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #303: May 27, 2017 03:14:33 pm
      I can't get my head around the hatred on here for Owen . Now just to make it clear , IMO he is a terrible pundit and after seeing him on Mr & Mrs talking about how he had never made a cup of tea or coffee for his wife ( never even made a piece of toast )  makes me think that he would basically curl up and cry if he actually had to fend for himself . It's embarrassing.

But what he got paid to do by us he did f***in well. Forget the Cup treble in 2001 without him and that is an integral part of our clubs history , but it doesn't exist without him.

So he went somewhere else to play football , it happens . And anyone saying he didn't give Rafa a fair deal , i would argue that Rafa would not of played him to the best of his abilities . Look , just remember him in a red shirt tearing the arse out of teams and being a flapless finisher.

One more thing , did his departure hurt us ?  We won Big Ears for the 5th time , who's to say we would have with Owen in the team .
      Love your history and don't spend time hating people who made it.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 03:20:01 pm by littleface »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #304: May 27, 2017 03:20:07 pm
      I can't get my head around the hatred on here for Owen . Now just to make it clear , IMO he is a terrible pundit and after seeing him on Mr & Mrs talking about how he had never made a cup of tea or coffee for his wife ( never even made a piece of toast )  makes me think that he would basically curl up and cry if he actually had to fend for himself . It's embarrassing.

But what he got paid to do by us he did f***in well. Forget the Cup treble in 2001 without him and that is an integral part of our clubs history , but it doesn't exist without him.

So he went somewhere else to play football , it happens . And anyone saying he didn't give Rafa a fair deal , i would argue that Rafa would not of played him to the best of his abilities . Look , just remember him in a red shirt tearing the arse out of teams and being a flapless finisher.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #305: May 27, 2017 03:48:21 pm
      Good , typical answer. Anyway , you're all entitled to see it what ever way you want.
      But like another poster said , starting petitions for this kind of thing just makes you look bitter and petty.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #306: May 27, 2017 04:42:24 pm
      I also don't understand why some of you call your passed legends. Owen did a great job for you when he was at the club. He helped put Liverpool in the record books like so many legends at Liverpool. If / when Rooney leaves United I wish him the very best of luck no matter what club he goes to. I'll remember all the good times he did for our great club.

Very rare you see any player play for just one club. That's football and shouldn't really be any ill feeling. Have YOU!!! been in the same company all your life??

It's nothing to do with him playing for United that pisses me off about him. We didn't want him and he had to go somewhere and they were the best club offering for him.

He just comes across as a bit of a bell end and it's not something that pisses me off enough to start a petition (:D) but he just doesn't have any common sense and doesn't think when he opens his gob. He's a club ambassador for Liverpool. If you're employed by a particular club then you don't go saying 'we' about other clubs just like you wouldn't in real life at work. If you worked for Asda you wouldn't go round saying 'we' about Morrisons would you?

If he wasn't employed by the club then I wouldn't be arsed what he did or said.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 07:43:52 pm by mcarz »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #307: May 27, 2017 10:50:27 pm
      i bet someones gona fly a banner over the stadium too LOLOL
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #308: May 27, 2017 10:56:23 pm
      It's nothing to do with him playing for United that pisses me off about him. We didn't want him and he had to go somewhere and they were the best club offering for him.

He just comes across as a bit of a bell end and it's not something that pisses me off enough to start a petition (:D) but he just doesn't have any common sense and doesn't think when he opens his gob. He's a club ambassador for Liverpool. If you're employed by a particular club then you don't go saying 'we' about other clubs just like you wouldn't in real life at work. If you worked for Asda you wouldn't go round saying 'we' about Morrisons would you?

If he wasn't employed by the club then I wouldn't be arsed what he did or said.

I'm like yourself. I don't really have a problem with him playing for Man Utd considering no one else would touch him*!

Although I still would have bitten your hand off for Owen in 2009 to strengthen our piss poor options in attack outside Torres - David N'Gog can F**k off everyday and no one will tell me otherwise despite him scoring against the Mancs...yeah we were going to win that game without his goal anyway and besides people only love that goal because of Pepe Reina running the length of the field...yeah N'Gog was so sh*t that even his most famous moment for this club was still overshadowed by one of his team mates...eat that)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #309: May 28, 2017 11:44:34 am
      He put England above everything. He was playing for his England spot. He played for himself. He didn't have any regard for Liverpool and even more so us fans.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #310: May 28, 2017 12:30:53 pm
      Don't think the little rat ever lived in Liverpool either. Pretty sure he never strayed from Cheshire.

Another fantastic decision by some of the suits.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #311: May 28, 2017 12:37:58 pm
      He put England above everything. He was playing for his England spot. He played for himself. He didn't have any regard for Liverpool and even more so us fans.

Indeed.

He's a bit of a tw*t who always seemed to look out for himself.

Was a fantastic player for us for a period, no question, but a very strange choice for a club ambassador.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #312: May 28, 2017 01:20:05 pm
      So you're either a mind reader or a very good friend of Owen but you 've had a falling out and have now decided to let the rest of us know just what he was really like.
      Because you couldn't possibly have reached those conclusions in your post by simply watching him play football . That would just be crazy .
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #313: May 28, 2017 01:23:19 pm
      Don't think the little rat ever lived in Liverpool either. Pretty sure he never strayed from Cheshire.

Another fantastic decision by some of the suits.
      Yeh!! Hangings too good for him  and all those rats who lived in Southport  . They think they're better than us . I mean Cheshire? It's like a different country isn't it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #314: May 28, 2017 02:38:39 pm
      Agree with most of the sentiments above, Michael Owen looks after Michael Owen end of, selfish wee pr**k, there are better more suitable candidates mainly ex players who would be perfect ambassadors, Didi Hamman, Luis Garcia, to name but two,

F**k him off I say, we can do better, much better than a ex f***in Manc !!!!!!

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #315: May 28, 2017 08:53:22 pm
      Nobody remembers Paul Ince huh?

SMH.

All these butthurt people act like Owen went from us DIRECTLY to Man U. Gimmie a break.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #316: May 28, 2017 11:26:04 pm
      This ridiculous appointment shows once again  how out of touch the executive, or whoever was responsible for this major F**k up, really are.
      This lack of familiarity with club's traditions and history is more than worrying.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #317: May 29, 2017 10:45:13 am
      I also don't understand why some of you call your passed legends. Owen did a great job for you when he was at the club. He helped put Liverpool in the record books like so many legends at Liverpool. If / when Rooney leaves United I wish him the very best of luck no matter what club he goes to. I'll remember all the good times he did for our great club.

Very rare you see any player play for just one club. That's football and shouldn't really be any ill feeling. Have YOU!!! been in the same company all your life??

OMG you're in this thread too!!!

:P

:stress_h4h:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #318: May 29, 2017 10:53:27 am

I think Keith has been sussed--------He's our secret shopper.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #319: May 29, 2017 11:28:06 am

Well he is a ex manc  ;D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #320: May 29, 2017 01:06:53 pm
      Signed it ! F***ing traitor manc c**t
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #321: May 29, 2017 03:27:03 pm
      Nobody remembers Paul Ince huh?

SMH.

All these butthurt people act like Owen went from us DIRECTLY to Man U. Gimmie a break.

The analogy is flawed, Ince did not run his contract down to make a more attractive buying proposition, Ince did not make unfavourable comments about LFC in his time with the mancs.a

Quick Reply