Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 49925 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Apr 21, 2016 04:35:42 pm
      What do you think of This? If this is true , hope he corrects his anti reds comments on BT during esp.games

Michael Owen handed new Liverpool FC job

Former Reds striker, now a pundit with BT Sport, has been handed a new role with the club

Michael Owen has been named Liverpool’s first official international ambassador.

The role will see the BT Sport pundit engaging with fans around the world, as well as representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

The former Reds striker ran out for the club for seven years before his controversial move to Real Madrid in 2004, and is often criticised by supporters for the manner of his departure.

Despite that, Owen returns to the club that gave him his first-team debut nearly 20 years ago.

full article.......  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-owen-handed-new-liverpool-11222070

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2016 04:52:34 pm by MsGerrard »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Micheal Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #1: Apr 21, 2016 04:40:36 pm
      I fully disagree with this appointment. He played for arch rival and I can never forgive him. All my anger is because when I was growing up, he was my favourite player more than Gerrard but he betrayed our friendship.

However as a Religion teacher, I forgave him but did not forget what he did.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Micheal Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #2: Apr 21, 2016 04:47:26 pm
      I could have forgiven Owen for playing at United, I just about forgive Rafa for managing Chelsea. Even our most respected managers have managed other teams so it would be hypocritical to single out Owen for that alone... what bothers me is I get the sense he has been bias against Liverpool in some ways since he played for United and for that reason alone the appointment of Owen in such a role is very controversial. I wouldn't be against him doing a role for our team but an ambassador is not the right role considering how the actual fans feel about Owen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #3: Apr 21, 2016 04:53:48 pm
      Surely a late April fools.

Manc tw*t can F**k off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Apr 21, 2016 05:15:23 pm
      I could have forgiven Owen for playing at United, I just about forgive Rafa for managing Chelsea. Even our most respected managers have managed other teams so it would be hypocritical to single out Owen for that alone... what bothers me is I get the sense he has been bias against Liverpool in some ways since he played for United and for that reason alone the appointment of Owen in such a role is very controversial. I wouldn't be against him doing a role for our team but an ambassador is not the right role considering how the actual fans feel about Owen.

No, playing for the Mancs on top of all the other crap such as thinking he was too good for us and all the negative crap he spouts about us is not forgiveable.

The club should be ashamed of themselves for giving him such a role.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Apr 21, 2016 05:16:38 pm
      I fully disagree with this appointment. He played for arch rival and I can never forgive him. All my anger is because when I was growing up, he was my favourite player more than Gerrard but he betrayed our friendship.

However as a Religion teacher, I forgave him but did not forget what he did.

Likewise. He was the golden boy when I was growing up. By some way my favourite player. Then he left for Real Madrid and his career never really was the same. By time he signed for Man Utd he was already on the wane so I never harboured any real malice towards him because of it and he proved it by not really doing anything of note there apart from score a last minute winner against Man City. It was more desperation on his part considering how he fu**ed up his career by leaving us. We delivered his great days for both club and country and in 2001 he was one of the greatest strikers in the world when in a red shirt. He should remember that and I like to think somewhere within him he does. I won't deny him the great times we had with him.

He was only ever a player who looked after himself. With the exception of playing for England I don't think he really had much attachment in football which makes his decision to go into media a bit strange. At the end of the day, like with all of these 'ambassadorial roles' I really couldn't give a toss and I don't think anyone else should either.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Apr 21, 2016 05:17:18 pm
      Send to the c**t to a remote island somewhere and let him be an ambassador there! I hold nothing against him for joining those fuckers because nobody else wanted him but more for his behaviour since playing for them. He's been all "United this, United that", "when I was at United blah blah blah", being the most arrogant pr**k ever and then constantly putting this club down. He doesn't deserve to cut the grass at the training ground nevermind be a F***ing ambassador!

Somebody has fu**ed up here.

Edit: One thing I'll always love is how we won the Champions League in the first season he decided to F**k off to Madrid on the cheap!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7: Apr 21, 2016 05:18:49 pm
      little c***.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #8: Apr 21, 2016 05:19:30 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Apr 21, 2016 05:20:55 pm
      Michael Owen becomes LFC international ambassador

Liverpool FC has today announced that Michael Owen will become the club's first official international ambassador.

This new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

Owen, a product of the Reds' youth system, notched 158 goals in 297 appearances across seven seasons and was part of the team that won the historic treble of 2001, most notably scoring both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Arsenal.

He remains the last Englishman and only Liverpool player to be named the best in Europe while at the club, having been awarded the Ballon d'Or in 2001.

As international ambassador, Owen makes a welcome return to the club that gave him his first-team debut 20 years ago.

On the appointment, he said: "As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

"Liverpool FC is the world's greatest football family and it's great for me to be able to represent the club in an official capacity once again."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/217017-michael-owen-becomes-lfc-international-ambassador

He could have fooled me if he counts himself as a Liverpool fan.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #10: Apr 21, 2016 05:35:12 pm
      Jesus wept!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11: Apr 21, 2016 05:41:55 pm
      This one is a bit of a head scratcher, perhaps he's popular with the deaf.

Other than that I can only think it's Ayre's parting gift.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Apr 21, 2016 05:49:05 pm
      What The F**k !

Traitor Little Mickey O been made ambassador. ?!?!

No little f**ker slime bag that played for the Scum and helped Ferguson have a jerk off dream on it should be anywhere near Anfield.

On the appointment, he said: “As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

A Liverpool fan ?
      The man has no shame.

I suppose he sent the board a dossier and CV.

Sure Billy The Red will have a few choice words . 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #13: Apr 21, 2016 05:50:24 pm
      April 1st has well gone, come on lads keep up.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #14: Apr 21, 2016 05:55:36 pm
      Not bothered by it tbh we moved on so did he forget the bitterness we should be better than that ,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Apr 21, 2016 06:02:56 pm
      WHAT THE F**k.

Lord help him if he comes to Australia as part of a trip. He'd cop buckets of abuse.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #16: Apr 21, 2016 06:03:40 pm
      Well, there's a turn up, Michael, I love Utd, Owen an ambassador for us! Why we've done this, I will never understand, I will still mute him when he's commentating on us.
      There are so, so many former Liverpool players who should be way ahead of him in the queue, I can only think it's because of the high profile he's got! Me, I don't care for high profile, I want true Liverpool legends to represent us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Apr 21, 2016 06:07:17 pm
      What The F**k !

Traitor Little Mickey O been made ambassador. ?!?!

No little f**ker slime bag that played for the Scum and helped Ferguson have a jerk off dream on it should be anywhere near Anfield.

On the appointment, he said: “As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

A Liverpool fan ?
      The man has no shame.

I suppose he sent the board a dossier and CV.

Sure Billy The Red will have a few choice words . 

After Huyton Red's excellent OP for the Derby game I'm interested to see what his choice words might be for this :D (I'd advise Riba not to read it!)
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #18: Apr 21, 2016 06:08:47 pm
      Would rather Aly Cissokho than this traitor.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19: Apr 21, 2016 06:21:38 pm
      What do you think of This? If this is true , hope he corrects his anti reds comments on BT during esp.games

Michael Owen handed new Liverpool FC job

Former Reds striker, now a pundit with BT Sport, has been handed a new role with the club

Michael Owen has been named Liverpool’s first official international ambassador.

The role will see the BT Sport pundit engaging with fans around the world, as well as representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

The former Reds striker ran out for the club for seven years before his controversial move to Real Madrid in 2004, and is often criticised by supporters for the manner of his departure.

Despite that, Owen returns to the club that gave him his first-team debut nearly 20 years ago.

full article.......  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-owen-handed-new-liverpool-11222070

YNWA

Is this a late April fools joke? The lad isn't impartial - he's anti Liverpool, it seeps out of every monotone word from his gob.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #20: Apr 21, 2016 06:24:05 pm
      Of all the ex players the club could have picked they go for him?

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #21: Apr 21, 2016 06:25:37 pm
      After Huyton Red's excellent OP for the Derby game I'm interested to see what his choice words might be for this :D (I'd advise Riba not to read it!)
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Funny as that mate
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #22: Apr 21, 2016 06:28:09 pm
      Talk about pissing on our parade...for fucks sake couldn't they find any other player than that gimp...

With a fantastic week on the pitch the PR at the club goes and fucks it up ....

Surely this is a wind up right?...

No please no...

Quick Reply