Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sakho fails drug test - Update: Case dropped by UEFA

Read 48341 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Sakho fails drug test
      Reply #115: Apr 25, 2016 12:17:23 am
      The F***ing annoying thing is Gomez being injured and how good he was looking - issues like this may not have been so problematic. Christ almighty, we just can't find a lucky break with regards to squad selection. Absolute piss take.

Hampered his development but I'm sure Jürgen's been helping him strengthen with upper body strength so fingers crossed he comes back a better player.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #116: Apr 25, 2016 12:32:50 am
      why? cause we have an idiot in the squad? ok
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #117: Apr 25, 2016 12:37:00 am
      So its eferdin, 6 months to 4 years, looks really bad, all the best Mama but not with LFC, you are fnished here. Fucks sake. what a f***in disaster.

edit: "Mama Sakho baned for 2 years". Twitter source.

for fucks sake Mama. come on :( you destabilized Liverpool Football Club. F**k off you idiot

What a tit! The second sample hasn't even been tested yet so your Twitter source is full of sh*t.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #118: Apr 25, 2016 12:49:38 am
      So its eferdin, 6 months to 4 years, looks really bad, all the best Mama but not with LFC, you are fnished here. Fucks sake. what a f***in disaster.

edit: "Mama Sakho baned for 2 years". Twitter source.

for fucks sake Mama. come on :( you destabilized Liverpool Football Club. F**k off you idiot

You been on the ganja fam?.

Let the fact come out before we accuse one of our own destabilising the club...

Show a bit of support aye..
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #119: Apr 25, 2016 03:00:57 am
      Is it a fat-burner he was after?

Not something that kept Mama's feet on the ground, so's he's not slipping and sliding all over the pitch like it's a f@cking ice rink?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,560 posts | 729 
      Reply #120: Apr 25, 2016 03:24:11 am
      He shoulda just stuck to drinking the same 'Uruguayan tea' Suarez drinks.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #121: Apr 25, 2016 03:33:43 am
      i like sakho alot and hope it works out for him.... and for us

but personally i do not buy the 'i didnt know' excuse one bit.  i have friends who play professional sports ( football, baseball etc). and i can tell you these guys are 100% careful and proactive in anything that has to do with putting something into their system

that excuse might work a couple decades ago when athletes relied solely in their trainers and nutritionists but our generation now are so much more proactive in determing what is good and bad

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #122: Apr 25, 2016 03:46:12 am
      I'd like to know how much these drugs enhance your performance.

Surely it can't really affect your performance that much. Or maybe it does.

Without this fat burner he might be like Ally Cissokho.

No drug is a performance enhancer unless you're in athletics or another field that is purely based on mathematics, i.e. i can run .5 of a second faster with this drug in my system.

Every drug that is taken is a body enhancer. Mama would've intended this to help his body keep weight off, which would in turn help his fitness and stamina and help him last longer with reduced recovery time and potentially less effort required to stay in shape.

The result of the above of course can result in enhanced performances. But the drug itself doesn't help him kick a ball better, read the game better or tackle better. And every drug has a different reaction in different people's bodies.

Based on other cases (Kolo being one, and some American sports as well), the very worst he will get is 12 months and even thats a bit of a stretch. I'm guessing he'll be back before the end of the year.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #123: Apr 25, 2016 04:05:04 am
      Matip, Lovren & Gomez are not enough now...going to need to dig into the transfer market yet again for a CB.

It's okay, Caulker's got this.  8)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #124: Apr 25, 2016 09:05:01 am
      Sakho was only good half the time anyway.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #125: Apr 25, 2016 09:18:57 am
      I just don't get this.  He seems like an articulate and thoughtful bloke, so he can't play the idiot card and say he just didn't know.  I mean if he really didn't know that he shouldn't be taking it, then the club has really dropped the ball in keeping the players informed as to what they should and should not be putting in their bodies.

But assuming he DID know, then there is no excuse and he deserves whatever gets thrown his way.  Even if it's not an egregious substance---if there is a rule in place, then why on earth would you break it? 

It sort of reminds me of that penalty West Ham got against Leicester last week.  The ref had apparently warned Morgan not to keep grabbing people in the box.  Fine.  So you don't do it anymore.  If you then go ahead and do it after being told specifically not to do so, then you're an idiot.

I mean suppose tomorrow they made chocolate milk a banned substance.  Would it be ridiculous?  absolutely.  It would be insane.

But how thick would you have to be to then go ahead and drink chocolate milk anyway?

It doesn't matter how ridiculous or absurd the rules are.  If you want to be a professional football player then you have to abide by the (occasionally absurd) rules put out for you.

And Sakho didn't.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #126: Apr 25, 2016 09:19:04 am
      Sakho was only good half the time anyway.

That was probably because whatever he was taking had worn off or had not yet kicked in.Maybe he should of taken twice as much and it would of covered the full match,not sure what would of happened if the match had gone into extra time though.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #127: Apr 25, 2016 10:27:19 am
      A lot depends on which drug he has taken mate. They vary considerably, from simple caffeine to others that use growth hormone to promote the bodies production of anabolic chemicals.

I know but it's not thought to be a steroid. If it was performance enhancing, and there was a very good chance of him knowing what he was doing by taking it, my opinion would be he should be sacked. I doubt that's the case though, more a case of being an idiot than a cheat. Still, we're looking at a minimum of six months though from all reports, and knowing UEFA they'll probably throw another six months on that for not singing the Champions League anthem while he had the drugs test.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #128: Apr 25, 2016 10:51:20 am
      Idiot.

Lost his place in our team who are on the verge of a cup final and lost his spot in the French team at the Euros.

Hope we don't pay his wages until whatever ban he receives is up.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #129: Apr 25, 2016 10:57:13 am
      It's not as if he's been smoking crack FFS.

Maybe the club will learn from this - educate all players and test the lads every week.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #130: Apr 25, 2016 11:00:46 am
      A fat burning pill which suggests a diuretic type of agent.

I'm not suggesting anything here but those sort of drugs are usually masking agents for other drugs!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #131: Apr 25, 2016 11:28:43 am

Maybe the club will learn from this - educate all players and test the lads every week.

Its a damned good point, if I was the club doctor/manager I'd be testing players myself every week, catch this kind of thing before the governing bodies do. Is that to radical an approach???
      Frimply
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #132: Apr 25, 2016 12:03:51 pm
      I will never understand how such football players make this kind of stupid mistakes  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #133: Apr 25, 2016 12:42:04 pm
      Well if he gets the sack he can always persue a career in acting  :f_tongueincheek:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #134: Apr 25, 2016 12:42:07 pm
      Just been dumb by the looks of it, needs educated. and tbf he has not been charged yet wth anything, club has just been pro-active in case it does go south, as they say.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #135: Apr 25, 2016 02:07:17 pm

Good luck convincing the players of this idea ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #136: Apr 25, 2016 02:10:29 pm
      Good luck convincing the players of this idea ;D

How hard can it be to fill a glass? The only ones that won't want to do it are those with something to hide and it's always handy to know who they are.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #137: Apr 25, 2016 02:35:53 pm
      Idiot.

Lost his place in our team who are on the verge of a cup final and lost his spot in the French team at the Euros.

Hope we don't pay his wages until whatever ban he receives is up.

Must be so embarrassing for the club.

Quick Reply