Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'

Read 55431 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'
      Apr 20, 2016 05:32:15 pm

What's the guessing the one question is the one that will decide whether there'll be criminal prosecutions  :mad:
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2016 12:04:04 pm by JD »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Hillsborough inquest verdict due
      Reply #1: Apr 20, 2016 05:39:14 pm

Surprisingly short time in deliberating all that evidence, it does seem that those questions the jury were told to consider has simplified the process.
      The specific question the jury want guidance on or the detail involved therein could very well prompt a verdict.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2: Apr 21, 2016 04:52:28 pm
      Apparently the jury have requested clarification of what constitutes unlawful killing.
      Prompting some very lucid direction from the coroner on the matter.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-inquests-jury-asks-clarification-11209392
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2016 05:45:38 pm by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Apr 21, 2016 10:14:57 pm
      What's the guessing the one question is the one that will decide whether there'll be criminal prosecutions  :mad:

I think we all know the answer to that one. It doesn't matter what we think if the Families are happy with the verdicts it will end there
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Apr 25, 2016 12:18:00 pm
      Good news that he's relaxed the unanimous decision.

Hillsborough coroner tells jury he will accept majority decision on question of unlawful killing

11:17, 25 Apr 2016
          By Eleanor Barlow

Jurors had said they could not reach a unanimous decision on the question

Coroner Sir John Goldring who has been presiding over the new Hillsborough inquests in Birchwood Park, Warrington

The jury in the Hillsborough inquests has been told they can reach a majority verdict on the question of whether the 96 victims of the disaster were unlawfully killed.

Coroner Sir John Goldring told the nine jurors today that he would accept a majority decision on question six of their questionnaire.

He said: “You have indicated that you cannot reach a unanimous decision on question six.

“You should, please, continue to try to do so.

“If you cannot, I can accept a majority decision.

“That means a decision in which at least seven of you agree.”

On Wednesday the court heard the jury had reached decisions on all but one topic.

The court, in Birchwood Park, Warrington, was then adjourned until this morning.

The jury have to complete a general questionnaire of 14 questions and record times and causes of deaths for each of the 96.

Question six of the general questionnaire is: “Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed?”

The jurors retired to consider their decisions on Wednesday, April 6, more than two years after the inquests into the 96 deaths at the 1989 semi-final began.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-coroner-tells-jury-accept-11237055
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Apr 25, 2016 12:27:43 pm
      Well it's finally done and we'll know tomorrow. 

I can only assume that it's an unlawful killing verdict seeing as it's less than hour ago the Coroner changed the decision from unanimous to a majority.

@EleanorBarlow (Liverpool Echo)

The verdicts in the Hillsborough inquests will be delivered tomorrow, not before 11am

At least seven of the jury in the Hillsborough inquests have now reached a decision on the question of unlawful killing
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Apr 25, 2016 12:56:49 pm
      Well it's finally done and we'll know tomorrow. 

I can only assume that it's an unlawful killing verdict seeing as it's less than hour ago the Coroner changed the decision from unanimous to a majority.

@EleanorBarlow (Liverpool Echo)

The verdicts in the Hillsborough inquests will be delivered tomorrow, not before 11am

At least seven of the jury in the Hillsborough inquests have now reached a decision on the question of unlawful killing

Just seen this Debs, can't possibly understand what the family and friends are going through but tomorrow I hope the verdicts give them the truth.

JFT96

YNWA.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Apr 25, 2016 01:03:34 pm
      Just seen this Debs, can't possibly understand what the family and friends are going through but tomorrow I hope the verdicts give them the truth.

JFT96

YNWA.

My stomach's been doing summersaults since I saw it mate so yeah, god only knows how the families are feeling. 

If they deliver an unlawful killing verdict then I'm guessing it's straight into criminal prosecutions on those involved, there's still so much evidence to come out, some that I've been working on myself.

Hope they get a good nights sleep tonight, then everyone who wants to be there tomorrow makes it and they get the verdicts/decisions they've been hoping for.

JFT96
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Apr 25, 2016 02:02:16 pm
      Just to recap Debs as I've only caught snippets.

The jury have reached a decision on all questions but only a majority on unlawful killing and the coroner will give the verdict tomorrow after 11.

Is that all correct?

Correct mate.

They came to unanimous decisions on all the other questions last week except for question 6, which is the one relating to unlawful killing.  They asked for further advice from the Coroner on Friday and this morning he agreed to a majority decision.  Within an hour they'd come to a majority of 7-2.

Announcement will be made at 11am tomorrow but it'll probably take most of the day to go through everything as they have to give time of death for all 96. 

Hopefully there will be some sort of live feed from reporters as cameras won't be allowed in, I wouldn't have thought.  Rawk have their own twitter feed ready to go when the verdicts come in if you want to follow it.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9: Apr 25, 2016 02:06:59 pm
      I hope and pray that I am wrong but my instinct is that Duckenfield is going to get away with it after the coroner told the jury they could take his lack of experience into account. You would then of course hope that whoever appointed him would be on the spotlight.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Apr 25, 2016 02:13:25 pm
      I hope and pray that I am wrong but my instinct is that Duckenfield is going to get away with it after the coroner told the jury they could take his lack of experience into account. You would then of course hope that whoever appointed him would be on the spotlight.

I don't know mate, he showed his arrogance when giving his evidence that it never crossed his mind he wasn't capable of doing the job, despite his lack of experience.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Apr 25, 2016 02:37:20 pm
      really nervous about the outcome tomorrow. The " dark forces" have been at work for 27 years now and now the families are so close to finally getting justice for their loved ones our brothers and sisters in arms. one more day .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Apr 25, 2016 02:56:37 pm
      For those around the World who want to and are able to follow tomorrows proceedings

"The Hillsborough inquests' verdicts will be returned on Tuesday and two days of dedicated programming will be available to watch on LFCTV and LFCTV GO, with no subscription required for either service."
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Apr 25, 2016 05:01:41 pm

JFT96

YNWA.

Amen to that Luke.

Its been a long road for them and they deserve peace.

YNWA    JFT 96
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #14: Apr 25, 2016 06:45:09 pm
      Well here's hoping that our fellow reds get what they. Should have got all them years ago , doubt they will sleep well tonight but good luck and best wishes to all of you , may you get the justice and peace of mind you all deserve .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #15: Apr 25, 2016 07:00:50 pm
      For those around the World who want to and are able to follow tomorrows proceedings

"The Hillsborough inquests' verdicts will be returned on Tuesday and two days of dedicated programming will be available to watch on LFCTV and LFCTV GO, with no subscription required for either service."

Many many thanks for that info debs
      I'll be watching & praying for the right & just verdict.
      JFT96
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Apr 25, 2016 07:22:46 pm
      Many many thanks for that info debs
      I'll be watching & praying for the right & just verdict.
      JFT96

No probs mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Apr 25, 2016 07:32:00 pm
      Fingers and everything crossed for tomorrow, as said above i cannot possibly imagine what the families are going through. Just hope they get what they deserve so much.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Apr 25, 2016 07:34:12 pm
      For those out and about tomorrow, or with no access to the internet, Radio Merseyside will be covering the Inquest verdicts live all day. 

Don't know if that means continual coverage or just news updates.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2016 12:38:49 am
      I pray tonight for these families.

Justice for the 96
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Apr 26, 2016 06:38:45 am
      What a big day this is. Got to say, I'm feeling positive about it.

Hearing a lady on the news before who was 23 when she lost her brother there. She's been fighting ever since and is 50 years old now.

From 23 to now 50 years of age. Battling.

It goes so beyond the 96 lives that were physically lost as result of the events on the actual day.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Apr 26, 2016 07:49:16 am
      What a big day this is. Got to say, I'm feeling positive about it.

Hearing a lady on the news before who was 23 when she lost her brother there. She's been fighting ever since and is 50 years old now.

From 23 to now 50 years of age. Battling.

It goes so beyond the 96 lives that were physically lost as result of the events on the actual day.

Today is the day and whatever your beliefs are ... or are not ....the journey to get here has never been easy for the families of the 96.
      I will be spending a moment this morning in reflecting on what they have gone through.
      I hope they do find peace and accept the verdicts arrived upon.

Your work on this has been immense Stu .

YNWA    JFT96
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2016 08:01:47 am by eurored »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Apr 26, 2016 08:08:51 am
      Can't add much more than has already been said. My thoughts are with all today.

JFT96 YNWA

Quick Reply