Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'

Read 55436 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Hillsborough inquest - Fans 'unlawfully killed'
      Reply #253: Apr 29, 2016 01:38:48 am
      In the event we go up this season, you'll be back there as away fans. We need to have some kind of commemoration in that event; I'm reasonably confident in the current club owners that they will do the right thing. Whenever our clubs do play against each other again I hope it is in the right spirit of friendship and solidarity that I know exists.

I'm so sorry that our club acted like it did.

Thanks for signing up to make your post.

I worked in Sheffield's Northern General Hospital for a year 17 years ago.  I lived the other side of the city in Brincliffe.  I liked the people in the city but at work, on lets call it a weekly basis, I had debates/arguments with people (mostly the 'bosses' who should have known better) who had believed the lies.   They will mostly be retired now.   I do still think about them and their belief in the various theories.

They used to say to me 'yeah but if your fans had tickets/not been pissed/not pushed etc'. 

Now I'm older and I've got kids of my own I actually feel sorry for those people.  Living their whole life believing whatever newspapers or the authorities tell them to believe.

So thanks for posting.  You posting on here cancels out many of those knobheads I had to speak to as a young 20 year old who knew more about the way the world worked than those who should have known better.

Justice for the 96.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #254: Apr 29, 2016 07:16:17 am
      Don't know if this will come out if not will try again later , a tribute by a local choir

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2016 01:06:23 pm by JD »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #255: Apr 29, 2016 10:08:02 am
      lazy people believed what they wanted to believe and the fact remains ignorance is a terrible affliction. Even now I find people who should know better know little of the 27 years of struggle people born in Liverpool.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #256: Apr 29, 2016 11:39:54 am
      I've joined up just to post, as a Wednesdayite in peace.

First off, I'm a Sheffielder. Don't live there any more, in Manchester now but I'm back there a lot and have listened to a lot of local radio both there and in Merseyside. The verdict rightly blows apart the endemic problems in South Yorks not just with Hillsborough but also with the Miners Strike and so I have to pay massive tribute to the Liverpool families not just for the relentless struggle for justice for #JFT96 But also because now we may also see Orgreave revisited.

Fair play to you mate relevant comment is always welcome no matter where you reside.

You mention Orgreave Colliery and the newsreel of mounted police clubbing peaceful protesters still horrifies, the Secret SErvices (Thatcher's storm troopers) were also acknowledged to have been present.

The miners were obliterated for crimes against the establishment and displacing Ted Heath in the miner's strike, the NUM was wound up last week coincidentally further burying any hope of Thatcher's social solutions being investigated, the murdering witch has a lot to answer for; she is still a Tory icon and a refinement of her methods is being used to tackle the doctor's strike.

As an ex-miner the memories of the methods used nationwide are as sharp today as ever, unfortunately to the majority it was yet another industrial dispute with the associated protest, injustice was not on the menu.
      Owl1
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #257: Apr 29, 2016 02:24:11 pm
      Thanks folks. Had all that on my mind for a long while.

The NUM was wound up? They put a statement on their website on the 27th: http://www.num.org.uk/page/News-NUMNews/moreinfo/2330

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #258: Apr 29, 2016 07:55:21 pm
      Don't know if this will come out if not will try again later , a tribute by a local choir

<iframe class="embedly-embed" src="//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fvideo%2Fembed%3Fvideo_id%3D1690981741152762&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FLlantrisantMVC%2Fvideos%2F1690981741152762%2F&image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhvthumb-xfp1%2Fv%2Ft15.0-10%2Fp128x128%2F12323287_1690983874485882_1625610559_n.jpg%3Foh%3D0d9c036e29d94263f7c0eff0dae0bb8c%26oe%3D57B3FAD9&key=internal&type=text%2Fhtml&schema=facebook" width="500" height="281" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Absolutely wonderful, thank you for posting.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #259: Apr 29, 2016 08:02:30 pm
      and on the local news tonight an ex copper saying he disagrees with the verdict. What is wrong with these people.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #260: Apr 29, 2016 11:25:48 pm
      and on the local news tonight an ex copper saying he disagrees with the verdict. What is wrong with these people.

I wouldn't even worry about it anymore, the likes of him and the rest of the snivelling cu*ts at SYP will soon be looked at the same way we view holocaust deniers and those that believe in Aliens etc as the total F***ing idiots they are.

The Truth is out and they're just gonna have to deal with it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #261: Apr 30, 2016 02:07:40 pm
      I hope that a few days on ...  the rellies and friends of the 96  are feeling the palpable sense of pure relief and deserved justice.

I am in absolute admiration for their 27 year fight.

YNWA

JFT for the 96  was achieved.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #262: Apr 30, 2016 02:31:22 pm
      I've joined up just to post, as a Wednesdayite in peace.

First off, I'm a Sheffielder. Don't live there any more, in Manchester now but I'm back there a lot and have listened to a lot of local radio both there and in Merseyside. The verdict rightly blows apart the endemic problems in South Yorks not just with Hillsborough but also with the Miners Strike and so I have to pay massive tribute to the Liverpool families not just for the relentless struggle for justice for #JFT96 But also because now we may also see Orgreave revisited.

As a lifelong fan of Sheffield Wednesday I want to ask what you think of bulldozing the Leppings Lane end. Many of us want to see that but I'd be pushing for it to be renamed, but I'm not sure what we'd call it. The 96 seats would have to remain memorialised as they currently are.

In the event we go up this season, you'll be back there as away fans. We need to have some kind of commemoration in that event; I'm reasonably confident in the current club owners that they will do the right thing. Whenever our clubs do play against each other again I hope it is in the right spirit of friendship and solidarity that I know exists.

I'm so sorry that our club acted like it did. Bert McGee died in 95 but Dave Richards and Graham Mackrell don't appear to fear any scrutiny. I don't know what else to say.

Thanks for the comments mate and for taking the time to join the forum and post them.

I have mixed allegiances towards Hillsborough Stadium which may sound strange coming from a staunch Liverpool fan, so let me explain.

I moved to Sheffield with my two young children (aged nearly 6 & 4) in December 1991 and used to take them both to watch whenever we played you but never on the Leppings Lane end, always on the Kop.  I still live in the area but haven't been to a game since your relegation from the PL but I've never, and still can't bring myself to go down the Leppings Lane. 

They have both been educated by me on the truth about the disaster and they both attend the Memorial at the ground on the 15th April if they're able to and I know my daughter in particular is very proud of the 96 white seats that were done for the 25th Anniversary.  She always updates the picture of them to her Facebook Profile on the Anniversary.

I had hoped they would grow up as Reds but unfortunately for me their first and only football love are The Owls.  I think the FA Cup run in '93 had something to do with that  ;D

I haven't seen or spoken to them since the Inquest verdicts came in to get their views and I've no idea how Reds fans who travel far and wide supporting our great Club feel about that stand remaining or not but for me pulling it down would almost have been an "out of sight, out of mind" type of thing. 

Maybe now it would be appropriate but your new Thai owners could have other ideas.

All the best in the play offs, it'll be good to go a footy match with my kids again if you get promoted  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:         
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #263: Apr 30, 2016 04:15:06 pm
      Thanks for the comments mate and for taking the time to join the forum and post them.

I have mixed allegiances towards Hillsborough Stadium which may sound strange coming from a staunch Liverpool fan, so let me explain.

I moved to Sheffield with my two young children (aged nearly 6 & 4) in December 1991 and used to take them both to watch whenever we played you but never on the Leppings Lane end, always on the Kop.  I still live in the area but haven't been to a game since your relegation from the PL but I've never, and still can't bring myself to go down the Leppings Lane. 

They have both been educated by me on the truth about the disaster and they both attend the Memorial at the ground on the 15th April if they're able to and I know my daughter in particular is very proud of the 96 white seats that were done for the 25th Anniversary.  She always updates the picture of them to her Facebook Profile on the Anniversary.

I had hoped they would grow up as Reds but unfortunately for me their first and only football love are The Owls.  I think the FA Cup run in '93 had something to do with that  ;D

I haven't seen or spoken to them since the Inquest verdicts came in to get their views and I've no idea how Reds fans who travel far and wide supporting our great Club feel about that stand remaining or not but for me pulling it down would almost have been an "out of sight, out of mind" type of thing. 

Maybe now it would be appropriate but your new Thai owners could have other ideas.

All the best in the play offs, it'll be good to go a footy match with my kids again if you get promoted  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:         

May be not relevant here Debs but I am hoping that 96 seats are considered being reserved and left empty in our new stand
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #264: Apr 30, 2016 05:39:23 pm
      May be not relevant here Debs but I am hoping that 96 seats are considered being reserved and left empty in our new stand

It would be even better to have the new stand named after them Skip, as in "The Justice Stand". 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #265: Apr 30, 2016 10:04:36 pm
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #266: Apr 30, 2016 10:26:26 pm

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #267: Apr 30, 2016 10:31:32 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #268: Apr 30, 2016 10:38:26 pm

There was no class about that c**t whatsoever.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #269: Apr 30, 2016 10:43:32 pm
      There was no class about that c**t whatsoever.

Agreed, but i don't think the whole stamp thing would have worked with just the word c**t on it  ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #270: May 01, 2016 12:00:15 am
      Owl1
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #271: May 01, 2016 01:55:06 am
      It would be even better to have the new stand named after them Skip, as in "The Justice Stand".

Thanks so much for your reply and thanks again all of you for taking my post in the spirit intended.

I don't think leaving that stand up is an option. It looks ready to be condemned- Millwall dislodged a big pane of glass a few years ago for example and I don't think they had to use much effort to do that. From the outside it looks awful, wouldn't be out of place in a former Soviet third division ground.

As for your daughters, you have my sympathy; will take a lot off effort to keep my kids away from the Manc clubs when they're old enough! Ugh..
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #273: May 01, 2016 08:16:30 am
      Thanks so much for your reply and thanks again all of you for taking my post in the spirit intended.

I don't think leaving that stand up is an option. It looks ready to be condemned- Millwall dislodged a big pane of glass a few years ago for example and I don't think they had to use much effort to do that. From the outside it looks awful, wouldn't be out of place in a former Soviet third division ground.

As for your daughters, you have my sympathy; will take a lot off effort to keep my kids away from the Manc clubs when they're old enough! Ugh..

Haha yeah it could be worse, they could have become dirty blades  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #274: May 01, 2016 10:46:09 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #275: May 01, 2016 11:07:29 am
      watched a good report on CNN the other day it seems weird now that all of a sudden the World has woken up to the truth we have all known for 27 years.

Quick Reply