Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 28342 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Live: Swansea V Liverpool
      Reply #460: May 01, 2016 02:15:04 pm
      I guess our entire season now rest on Thursdays result and to an extent our summer transfer policy because if we get beat there will be no CL football its a massive massive game
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #461: May 01, 2016 02:15:50 pm
      If he doesn't play Thursday it will patently be the wrong decision. It's obvious he's fit and he's our best player when he is. So to not play our best player in our biggest game would be outright lunacy.

Yes he is our best player when fit but clearly something isn't right and I believe it's down to his attitude.

I trust whatever decision Klopp makes on Thursday.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #462: May 01, 2016 02:16:21 pm
      I guess our entire season now rest on Thursdays result and to an extent our summer transfer policy because if we get beat there will be no CL football its a massive massive game

Yes all our eggs are in one basket...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #463: May 01, 2016 02:17:02 pm
      To put into perspective the poor showing from our Youngsters in midfield in that first half Coutinho and Sturrudge were equally sh*t.

The number of times Cou gave the ball away and Sturridge just standing around waving his arms.

Both guilty of poor attitude for me. I watched Danny without the ball and a lot of the time he basically walked around looking pissed off. If Klopp has a pragmatic hat he needs to put it on and play Danny but tell him to stay in the opposition half.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #464: May 01, 2016 02:17:16 pm
      Only thing that can make up for this today is for Leicester to beat Man Utd and win the PL... but the are already losing.. because.. you know.. Man Utd play a regular team and try to win a game.  :f_doh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #465: May 01, 2016 02:17:57 pm

Yes all our eggs are in one basket...

I guess its a situation that we usually thrive in.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #466: May 01, 2016 02:18:18 pm
      The best youngster we have in the middle was on the bench in Brannagan.

He's the only one, in my opinion, that could push for a long term spot at the club.

Was surprised he didn't start. Maybe he's going to start vs Villareal instead of Lucas
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      Reply #467: May 01, 2016 02:18:24 pm
      Leicester are one down at United
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #468: May 01, 2016 02:18:35 pm
      Skrtel must have some sort of voodoo on the players.

Look at the way Lovren went back in time to last seasons player!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #469: May 01, 2016 02:19:37 pm
      Yes he is our best player when fit but clearly something isn't right and I believe it's down to his attitude.

I trust whatever decision Klopp makes on Thursday.

He's scored like 4 goals from his last 6 starts or something. I think I understand why he might be irked with not getting playing time.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      Reply #470: May 01, 2016 02:22:50 pm
      He's scored like 4 goals from his last 6 starts or something. I think I understand why he might be irked with not getting playing time.

He walked off with a right strop on
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #471: May 01, 2016 02:26:20 pm
      He walked off with a right strop on

So would I if my team just got beat convincingly.

He's hardly going to do his dance as he exits the pitch is he.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #472: May 01, 2016 02:27:27 pm
      Leicester are one down at United

Not any more. 1-1. If Leicester put in a shift, they can beat them. Sooo impressed by Leicester this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #473: May 01, 2016 02:27:54 pm
      So would I if my team just got beat convincingly.

He's hardly going to do his dance as he exits the pitch is he.

Well he played like sh*t too so I hope he's having a strop at himself.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #474: May 01, 2016 02:30:18 pm
      Well he played like sh*t too so I hope he's having a strop at himself.

So did all the players, F**k it, manager included.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 918 
      Reply #475: May 01, 2016 02:31:35 pm
      The was only Ward who can hold his head up today
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #476: May 01, 2016 02:32:04 pm
      Not any more. 1-1. If Leicester put in a shift, they can beat them. Sooo impressed by Leicester this season.

The consistency is truly remarkable. Stunning stunning form
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #477: May 01, 2016 02:34:55 pm
      Well that was sh*t wasn't it?

Ward: I thought he actually had a decent game, feel sorry for the lad, not much he could do on any of their goals, maybe closer to their first. A couple of decent saves and didn't deserve to concede 3 on his performance: 6

Clyne: I don't know about Nat, I know a lot see him as certain to be in the first XI next year and I'd have to agree with that but he seriously has to improve on the ball he does nothing with it. Defensively he could have done better on their 3rd (couldn't everyone?): 5

Lovren: Horrific performance, our worst defender in any normal match, thankfully for him we had Skrtel and Smith who made him look like our best. Should have done better on all at least 2 goals, passing wasn't there, can only hope his head wasn't in the game but even then that's not good enough: 3

Skrtel: What a lovely display from a seasoned pro, showing how seamless he can slot straight back in. He's like a well oiled machine, strutting his stuff with such consistency. Vintage Skrtel, f**king horrific being his vintage standard: 2

Smith: Sent off for a stupid foul, never got to grips with the game, never had an impact either way and just didn't look up to the standard unfortunately. Could see how gutted he was to get sent off but it's still not good enough: 3

Chirivella: Could see from an early stage that it was a step too far for him, he and his partner made Swansea look like Barca in that first half. Eye opener for the young lad, has to use the experience to push him on because an experience like that can either make you or break you depending on your decisions after it: 4

Stewart: Possibly the worst central midfield performance I've seen this season, didn't know what he was doing most of the time. Pushing on at the wrong time, losing the ball in dangerous positions far too often and simply not able to stabilise the fort as it came crumbling down around him. Looked flustered after the shell shock and never got his head back in the game. Has to learn from it also but at nearly 23 years old time is less on his side than young Pedro: 4

Ibe: Blind ally man again, didn't do anything to help those around him. Sure he can carry the ball but he goes nowhere with it, has no purpose and no end product. Another weak performance by the lad in a trend that has continued for far too long: 4

Coutinho: Looked our biggest threat and it's clear he came off with Thursday in mind, should have stood up to Sturridge to take the free-kick, needs to realise he's the man a bit more but I guess that's part of the difference: 6

Ojo: Thought he looked reasonably good again, cracking corners. Carries the ball with that swagger that Sturridge also has about it, perhaps not as cultured yet but coming along very nice. One of the few encouraging signs in the entire game for us: 6

Sturridge: Had one decent effort of a lob and when he did drop deep he carried the ball quite well but didn't get himself involved in the game enough. To be fair the service wasn't exactly there either so unfair for him to carry the blame for that on his own. Still expected more from him against that defence: 5

Lucas: Thought he made an enormous difference, granted he was at fault for their 3rd also but he can expect bailing out occasionally when he bails so many out time and time again. Showed Chirivella and Stewart how it should be done in the middle and gave us controlled possession and a base to build from: 6

Benteke: Got his goal but did little else, was a decent run to get the goal and hopefully that gives him some confidence: 5

Klopp: Has to take it in the neck for this one, sent the lambs out to the slaughter a bit and I wonder how much he knew we'd be up for a bit of a hiding. Personally I would have done similar but for those that think every game should be your best team, every point should be fought for without question this will piss them off and he just has to take that on the chin.

Sorry, but I thought Clyne did all he could - it's not his fault that the entire centre collapsed. He did everything to get back, whereas everyone just stood still. He was by far the best of a bad bunch.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #478: May 01, 2016 02:36:42 pm
      Sorry, but I thought Clyne did all he could - it's not his fault that the entire centre collapsed. He did everything to get back, whereas everyone just stood still. He was by far the best of a bad bunch.

Agreed. I thought he was on the only outfield player who did ok.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #479: May 01, 2016 03:06:48 pm
      We better make the Finals at the UEFA Europa.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #480: May 01, 2016 03:11:47 pm
      We better make the Finals at the UEFA Europa.

We better win it :p
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #481: May 01, 2016 03:22:18 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: May 01, 2016 03:40:16 pm

Said we'll play much better on Thurs. Phew :)
      Didn't give Swansea any credit. If we'd played a 'normal' game, we'd have won. Consensus seems to be we were really poor.

Quick Reply