Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 28370 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Live: Swansea V Liverpool
      Reply #483: May 01, 2016 03:42:00 pm
      So did all the players, f**k it, manager included.

Correct but every other player shook hands etc with the Swansea players. Studge fu**ed off straight down the tunnel and didnt shake a hand. Which is sh*te like and I normally stick up for him to the hilt.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/DanielSturridge/status/726773865263800320
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2016 03:54:12 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #484: May 01, 2016 03:51:22 pm
      Very very dissapointed with that performance today  :( almost as bad as our game at Watford  >:( looked all at 6's and 7's all over the pitch, passing was poor and we gave the ball away far to cheaply and far to often. Only Ward played anything like any good.

Jürgen needs to sort them out, obviously it will be a different team on Thursday but we need to raise moral around the squad and get our act together if we're going to progress to the final.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #485: May 01, 2016 04:11:20 pm
      Chirivella, Smith and Stewart proving they have no business in the Premier league today.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #486: May 01, 2016 04:25:14 pm
      I don't think there were too many players who played today who will still be Liverpool players next season. Realistically, Clyne, Lovren, Couts and Studge (probably) arounf the first team. Maybe Ward, Stewart and Ojo as reserves.

I'd be surprised to see Skrtl, Smith, Chirivella, Ibe, Benteke and even Brannagan and Lucas still around.

Not a reflection on what I'd like to happen (I'd hold on to Lucas and Ibe) but we have a lot of players who can't cut it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #487: May 01, 2016 04:40:53 pm
      Can't even be arsed trying to describe that performance today.

Utter sh*te!!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #488: May 01, 2016 04:51:38 pm
      As I have always maintained this time of year playing team that are trying to avoid relegation are always the hardest... What compound this was we are looking to rest players a head of Thursday... If this was mid season the result may have been different... Well that's my take on it 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #489: May 01, 2016 04:54:24 pm
      You said you couldn't be arsed and then described it perfectly. At least be consistent man.

;)

Yes, but was I talking about the game or everybody's reactions to the result on here in the match thread  >:D

The thread's been more entertaining than the actual match!!
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #490: May 01, 2016 04:59:34 pm
      Are you f**king kidding me??

We played a huge game in Spain less then 3 days ago and have 7 first team players out of action.

Klopp had no choice but to play the kids who were simply not ready for the task.

Amazes me now little "fans" know about football these days.
      F×ck me you are a tit, how little "fans" know, every LFC fan knows we had injuries today, and that some youngsters would get a run out, but most of us are saying it was an abysmal performance, kids or not, it was very poor, stop winding everyone up and just accept the reality that today was sh*te and the league season has been utter pony for the majority.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #491: May 01, 2016 05:02:30 pm
      Chirivella, Smith and Stewart proving they have no business in the Premier league today.
      Chirivella, Smith and Stewart had a bad game today, but then so did everyone else... This stemmed from Lovern/Smith and infected everyone else, which in turn invited Swansea on, they (Swansea) like a shark could taste blood in the water, and like a wounded seal we never really recovered. People tend to forget how well he Stewart did against Stoke
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #492: May 01, 2016 05:20:29 pm
      Chirivella, Smith and Stewart had a bad game today, but then so did everyone else... This stemmed from Lovern/Smith and infected everyone else, which in turn invited Swansea on, they (Swansea) like a shark could taste blood in the water, and like a wounded seal we never really recovered. People tend to forget how well he Stewart did against Stoke

Stewart looks a good championship player on his best day. He is in no way a youth player anymore. At nearly 23 he should be looking like a premier league player, he never has and never will. I think we should cut our losses with him and start playing young Brannagan in that position instead.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #493: May 01, 2016 05:35:23 pm
      Seen enough of Chirivella to think he wont cut it. Like Stevie G said when he saw Alberto and Aspas not physically cut out for it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #494: May 01, 2016 06:02:49 pm
      Like Stevie G said when he saw Alberto and Aspas not physically cut out for it.

Yeah but he thought Joe Cole was the English version of Messi!!  :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7139 
      Reply #495: May 01, 2016 06:09:24 pm
      Seen enough of Chirivella to think he wont cut it. Like Stevie G said when he saw Alberto and Aspas not physically cut out for it.

what like Mahrez of Leicester. ITs the bit between the ears that makes a player
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #496: May 01, 2016 06:12:21 pm
      Ayew (twice), Siggurdson, their number 2 and Rangel missed chances they should have put away there - Swansea had nothing to play for and are under the care of a caretaker manager I doubt anyone would recognise if tehy bumped into him in the street,
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #497: May 01, 2016 06:13:56 pm

You obviously missed him in the Rabotniki match... Out of this world... In fact I'm sure I heard people were saying Messi was the next Joe Cole he was that good haha
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #498: May 01, 2016 06:46:14 pm
      what like Mahrez of Leicester. ITs the bit between the ears that makes a player

Really?so your saying he will cut it ? Think you need to look at Origi for an example of how physical condition can improve your impact. Now please dont compare him to Mahrez two different positions one who in the position he plays in needs physical strength not rocket science Pal
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,848 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #499: May 01, 2016 06:48:06 pm
      Players didn't look like they could be arsed ! Couldn't pass a good ball or even pass a ball to another player ! Swansea are not a bad side but we made them look good today, Jürgen gave some younger players a run out for some of them it could be their last if this is how they perform
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #500: May 01, 2016 06:48:15 pm

Think he got the point I actually made right though seen as they are no longer a fixture
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #501: May 01, 2016 07:09:30 pm
      Stewart looks a good championship player on his best day. He is in no way a youth player anymore. At nearly 23 he should be looking like a premier league player, he never has and never will. I think we should cut our losses with him and start playing young Brannagan in that position instead.
      well said
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Re: Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #502: May 01, 2016 07:12:29 pm
      Only saw the first half because I had a christening to attend.

If the second half was anything like the first I won't be bothering.

Nice of us to give Swansea their first 3 goal scoreline of the season.

The 'league campaign' lets face it ended a long time ago for us so I hope we are a different proposition Thursday, but lets face it our defending isn't going to improve massively.   Could be a long night.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #503: May 01, 2016 07:49:22 pm
      The 'league campaign' lets face it ended a long time ago for us so I hope we are a different proposition Thursday, but lets face it our defending isn't going to improve massively.   Could be a long night.

The truth will out.
      Our defence is sh*t. Has been for three years. Or more.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #504: May 01, 2016 07:55:50 pm
      A few players today showed quite clearly they aren't cut out to play at the top level.

If we're ever going to get back to the top of English football we can't pretend guys like Smith, Stewart and Ibe are what we need to progress and be able to win games when injuries/suspensions hit.

Danny Ward should be our no.1 on a more positive note.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #505: May 01, 2016 08:08:47 pm
      Only saw the first half because I had a christening to attend.

If the second half was anything like the first I won't be bothering.

Nice of us to give Swansea their first 3 goal scoreline of the season.

have to slightly disagree on defending won't improve massively. Skrtel won't play on Thursday. Any other defender is better I think. I'd rather have 10 men than 11 men including Skrtel.

Quick Reply