Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 28912 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Live: Swansea V Liverpool
      Reply #437: May 01, 2016 02:00:02 pm
      Absolutely pathetic, youth system and scouts need looked at, too many years we have had to put up with mediocre talent

Yawn.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #438: May 01, 2016 02:00:19 pm
      Got to admit this makes me really worry about Thursday because we look to be whimpering out towards the end of the season and that fight and desire isn't there to the levels it needs to be.
      i get that we played loads of academy players- Ward looked half decent but no one played to a level that is acceptable.
      The defending- if I saw another team do that that wasn't us I'd feel embarrassed on their behalf for how sh*t they are.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #439: May 01, 2016 02:00:38 pm
      I get what you're saying mate but if you were given the option before the match of losing this 3-1 and getting a guaranteed win on Thursday you'd of given this up as a nothing match.

True .....  but no match should ever be a "nothing" match for this club.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #440: May 01, 2016 02:01:56 pm
      Nothing to see here folks let's move onto Thursday.

Oh and by the way if anyone sees our midfield they need to get back to the ground the coach is waiting!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #441: May 01, 2016 02:03:00 pm
      Are you F***ing kidding me??

We played a huge game in Spain less then 3 days ago and have 7 first team players out of action.

Klopp had no choice but to play the kids who were simply not ready for the task.

Amazes me now little "fans" know about football these days.

You're wasting your time mate.  There can be no excuses, there's no perspective, there's no reasoning, just rage and toys flying everywhere.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #442: May 01, 2016 02:03:21 pm
      Lucas, made to look like a carthorse there.

Ouch. Didn't see the match. Just watched that though, bit of a shambles in slow motion.
      Surprised to loose 3-1, thought we had enough to at least draw against a not-very-good Swansea.
      Reading some of the posts sounds like a poor performance from pretty much everyone.

Pity the wheels seem to be coming off a bit now coming to season end, just hope to F**k we can put this behind us and pull our sh*t together for Thursday...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #443: May 01, 2016 02:03:46 pm
      A bit Handbag and pokey tongue. No offence like. ;)

YNWA
      Always thought getting a little pokey tongue was a good thing! :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #444: May 01, 2016 02:04:28 pm
      Dog sh*t that.

Thought we had a decent academy set up till we started getting rid of the Spanish fellas running it.

That was awful half of them looked like they've never kicked a fuking ball before.

Coutinho stealing a living with that performance,  Barca he's having a laugh.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #445: May 01, 2016 02:05:03 pm
      I do find it funny that the excuse is we need to not risk injury ahead of our biggest game of the season and we play our most injury prone player a full 90 in a "meaningless" game.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #446: May 01, 2016 02:05:17 pm
      Honestly the youngsters could have tried to show a lot more efforts there. It was looking like nobody gave a sh*t, bar Ojo maybe. Even Klopp reactions on the sideline seems to suggest we wrote it off right from the start.
      Very worried about Thursday since none of our attack players at the moment showed any sign of good form. If we have the same line-up as the first leg it would be very difficult to score. Hopefully the Anfield crowd could  inject that extra enthusiasm and confidence in the players. Two defeats in a row now, we're not having a good momentum for sure.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #447: May 01, 2016 02:06:47 pm
      I do find it funny that the excuse is we need to not risk injury ahead of our biggest game of the season and we play our most injury prone player a full 90 in a "meaningless" game.

Yeah but Jürgen doesn't like Danny :)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #448: May 01, 2016 02:06:55 pm
      I get what you're saying mate but if you were given the option before the match of losing this 3-1 and getting a guaranteed win on Thursday you'd of given this up as a nothing match

There is no option, so its a moot point.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #449: May 01, 2016 02:07:03 pm
      Very very dissapointing, the only positive is that we didn't pick up any injuries.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #450: May 01, 2016 02:07:10 pm
      Well that was sh*t wasn't it?

Ward: I thought he actually had a decent game, feel sorry for the lad, not much he could do on any of their goals, maybe closer to their first. A couple of decent saves and didn't deserve to concede 3 on his performance: 6

Clyne: I don't know about Nat, I know a lot see him as certain to be in the first XI next year and I'd have to agree with that but he seriously has to improve on the ball he does nothing with it. Defensively he could have done better on their 3rd (couldn't everyone?): 5

Lovren: Horrific performance, our worst defender in any normal match, thankfully for him we had Skrtel and Smith who made him look like our best. Should have done better on all at least 2 goals, passing wasn't there, can only hope his head wasn't in the game but even then that's not good enough: 3

Skrtel: What a lovely display from a seasoned pro, showing how seamless he can slot straight back in. He's like a well oiled machine, strutting his stuff with such consistency. Vintage Skrtel, f**king horrific being his vintage standard: 2

Smith: Sent off for a stupid foul, never got to grips with the game, never had an impact either way and just didn't look up to the standard unfortunately. Could see how gutted he was to get sent off but it's still not good enough: 3

Chirivella: Could see from an early stage that it was a step too far for him, he and his partner made Swansea look like Barca in that first half. Eye opener for the young lad, has to use the experience to push him on because an experience like that can either make you or break you depending on your decisions after it: 4

Stewart: Possibly the worst central midfield performance I've seen this season, didn't know what he was doing most of the time. Pushing on at the wrong time, losing the ball in dangerous positions far too often and simply not able to stabilise the fort as it came crumbling down around him. Looked flustered after the shell shock and never got his head back in the game. Has to learn from it also but at nearly 23 years old time is less on his side than young Pedro: 4

Ibe: Blind ally man again, didn't do anything to help those around him. Sure he can carry the ball but he goes nowhere with it, has no purpose and no end product. Another weak performance by the lad in a trend that has continued for far too long: 4

Coutinho: Looked our biggest threat and it's clear he came off with Thursday in mind, should have stood up to Sturridge to take the free-kick, needs to realise he's the man a bit more but I guess that's part of the difference: 6

Ojo: Thought he looked reasonably good again, cracking corners. Carries the ball with that swagger that Sturridge also has about it, perhaps not as cultured yet but coming along very nice. One of the few encouraging signs in the entire game for us: 6

Sturridge: Had one decent effort of a lob and when he did drop deep he carried the ball quite well but didn't get himself involved in the game enough. To be fair the service wasn't exactly there either so unfair for him to carry the blame for that on his own. Still expected more from him against that defence: 5

Lucas: Thought he made an enormous difference, granted he was at fault for their 3rd also but he can expect bailing out occasionally when he bails so many out time and time again. Showed Chirivella and Stewart how it should be done in the middle and gave us controlled possession and a base to build from: 6

Benteke: Got his goal but did little else, was a decent run to get the goal and hopefully that gives him some confidence: 5

Klopp: Has to take it in the neck for this one, sent the lambs out to the slaughter a bit and I wonder how much he knew we'd be up for a bit of a hiding. Personally I would have done similar but for those that think every game should be your best team, every point should be fought for without question this will piss them off and he just has to take that on the chin.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #451: May 01, 2016 02:07:32 pm

But he didn't play in the first leg did he?

And he may not play in the second either.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #452: May 01, 2016 02:08:06 pm
      So they shouldn't train either I guess? Because we've had plenty of injuries this season in training.

Likewise, I'm glad you aren't the manager.

Careful FL.
      Theres someone on the forum who thinks hes the manager and will tell you all about his overtraining theory.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #453: May 01, 2016 02:10:55 pm
      The only real surprise from this game is that Bigmick didn't post within seconds of Benteke's goal :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #454: May 01, 2016 02:11:28 pm
      But he didn't play in the first leg did he?

And he may not play in the second either.
      If he doesn't play Thursday it will patently be the wrong decision. It's obvious he's fit and he's our best player when he is. So to not play our best player in our biggest game would be outright lunacy.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #455: May 01, 2016 02:12:21 pm
      for me we are going into an important game with tow defeats on the bounce. not sure what to make if anything out of today but who is going to be playing up front is anyones guess.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #456: May 01, 2016 02:12:35 pm
      What an awfull performance from the team and the manager, just not good enough,
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #457: May 01, 2016 02:14:16 pm
      What an awfull performance from the team and the manager, just not good enough,

not for the first time either.

seems like the team can down tools very easily
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #458: May 01, 2016 02:14:19 pm
      If he doesn't play Thursday it will patently be the wrong decision. It's obvious he's fit and he's our best player when he is. So to not play our best player in our biggest game would be outright lunacy.

Totally agree, but have an awfull feeling....

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #459: May 01, 2016 02:14:52 pm
      To put into perspective the poor showing from our Youngsters in midfield in that first half Coutinho and Sturrudge were equally sh*t.

The number of times Cou gave the ball away and Sturridge just standing around waving his arms.

Quick Reply