Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

A plea, to all Liverpool fans

Read 4928 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Re: A plea, to all Liverpool fans
      Reply #23: Nov 07, 2007 07:24:29 am
      I will be in the kop at Anfield on Tuesday Court.

If I am able to speak on Wednesday, then I will be very cross with myself because I will not have done my job properly :o

I will sing my heart out to cheer the lads to victory.

COME ON YE MIGHTY REDS.   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I will be in the kop with my lad both of us will be singing till we drop.
      Its going to be a great night.

Did we not say it was going to be a great night. ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #24: Nov 07, 2007 11:22:44 am
      Did we not say it was going to be a great night. ;D

We did indeed Graham, and a good morning to you  :)  Last night was brilliant. But..................... . I was saddened to see so many people NOT singing, shouting, clapping, I'm surprised I didn't get punched in the face,  as I was trying to gee people up around me to encourage them to get behind the lads as there was large pockets of people just standing there!!!!!  Why?  There should be a rule for going on the kop, if your not prepared to sing your heart out, clap and cheer then you can't go on the kop!!
      On a night like that, seriously though, a lot of people didn't start joining in till we were 5-0 up, and you could see then coming round thinking this clapping/singing lark looks good fun, I'll have a bit of that ;D

But I had a great night and it was worth that long journey, how many times do we score 8 goals?
      I sang my heart out from start to finish, and it was great to STAND on the kop again, I hope the miserable gets who stood in front of me who politely clapped each Liverpool goal, both have both got severe headaches this morning, as I am so hoarse today I can hardly speak :laugh:, but I don't care because I felt I played my part last night.

One more thing, the traffic coming out last night was abysmal, I was still in Liverpool at 11pm,  it does worry me when we get the new stadium, of which it's all been given the go ahead now which is brilliant, how they are going to cope with another 25,000 plus people, streaming away from the games.

To finish on a high note.

Just great lads, keep it up for the next two games and we'll be through. ;)
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #25: Nov 07, 2007 09:25:17 pm
      the people around me were quiet till 5-0 ( except one bloke who was a legend, 90 mins we gave it full voice )then all they gave was chants of "easy, easy" with tim lovejoy style clapping which was very annoying
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #26: Nov 08, 2007 08:02:51 am
      We did indeed Graham, and a good morning to you  :)  Last night was brilliant. But..................... . I was saddened to see so many people NOT singing, shouting, clapping, I'm surprised I didn't get punched in the face,  as I was trying to gee people up around me to encourage them to get behind the lads as there was large pockets of people just standing there!!!!!  Why?  There should be a rule for going on the kop, if your not prepared to sing your heart out, clap and cheer then you can't go on the kop!!
      On a night like that, seriously though, a lot of people didn't start joining in till we were 5-0 up, and you could see then coming round thinking this clapping/singing lark looks good fun, I'll have a bit of that ;D

But I had a great night and it was worth that long journey, how many times do we score 8 goals?
      I sang my heart out from start to finish, and it was great to STAND on the kop again, I hope the miserable gets who stood in front of me who politely clapped each Liverpool goal, both have both got severe headaches this morning, as I am so hoarse today I can hardly speak :laugh:, but I don't care because I felt I played my part last night.

One more thing, the traffic coming out last night was abysmal, I was still in Liverpool at 11pm,  it does worry me when we get the new stadium, of which it's all been given the go ahead now which is brilliant, how they are going to cope with another 25,000 plus people, streaming away from the games.

To finish on a high note.

Just great lads, keep it up for the next two games and we'll be through. ;)

Glad you had a great night, sorry you had a long wait to get out of Liverpool, maybe we where trying to keep you here. ;D
      Just glad i can walk home from the match, mind you there are 1 or 2 pubs on the way back.
      Cant wait for Sat. more of the same would be nice.
      I'm off to Spain on sunday for 12 days, but i will be back for the Porto game, god live is good. ;D

You all have lots of fun.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Nov 08, 2007 09:45:50 am
      Glad you had a great night, sorry you had a long wait to get out of Liverpool, maybe we where trying to keep you here. ;D
      Just glad I can walk home from the match, mind you there are 1 or 2 pubs on the way back.
      Cant wait for Sat. more of the same would be nice.
      I'm off to Spain on sunday for 12 days, but I will be back for the Porto game, god live is good. ;D

You all have lots of fun.

Graham I would have gladly stayed in Liverpool, forever.......if I get my way ;)

Yeah more of the same would be good, but let's not get too greedy eh! 4 goals will be enough on Saturday !!

Hope you have a great holiday, take care ;D
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #28: Nov 13, 2007 10:10:59 pm
      Sorry to bring up an old subject again but after recently watching the Birmingham Aston Villa game it reminded me about our own atmosphere. The noise generated by both sets of Brummies was just fantastic and then listening to the Liverpool games of recent times compared to those of the past i feel that our atmosphere may be losing its crown as best in the world. The boys need our best support and the Kopites must spur us to the top of the league. YNWA
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Nov 13, 2007 10:13:28 pm
      Well said Court :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2007 08:59:16 pm
      Hopefully this isn't going to be an issue from now on!

I've never known Liverpool fans to need a kick up the arse but it's what I've wanted to dish out for a while!  ;)

I for one can categorically say I'm one of those 'legends' that was mentioned earlier! The type that get stared at for standing up on their billy and singing 'The Fields Of Anfield Road' and dragging me mate up to join in! Hope a few more people lose their stagefright and join in! Then when you read all of these topics you can't feel any guilt! Because I know I don't!  :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Nov 14, 2007 09:05:43 pm
      Hopefully this isn't going to be an issue from now on!

I've never known Liverpool fans to need a kick up the arse but it's what I've wanted to dish out for a while!  ;)

I for one can categorically say I'm one of those 'legends' that was mentioned earlier! The type that get stared at for standing up on their billy and singing 'The Fields Of Anfield Road' and dragging me mate up to join in! Hope a few more people lose their stagefright and join in! Then when you read all of these topics you can't feel any guilt! Because I know I don't!  :)

Well said CRK, you and me both mate ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #32: Nov 14, 2007 09:46:37 pm
      Nor me, I dont care where I'm sitting/standing I sing my heart out !!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Atmosphere at Anfield is dead
      Reply #33: Dec 22, 2007 06:33:05 pm
      Apart from the big games like the derby, manure and champions league nights the atmosphere is awful , there is no denying it and people need to wake up and realise that Anfield is like a libary nowadays.

Another point is the fact that some songs such as 'your not singing any more' are now a regular occurance at Anfield which is not the Liverpool way as we all know but my biggest concern at the minute is how quiet it is.

I often think , imagine if we created an atmosphere as half as good as we did against Chelsea in the semi's of the Champions League....we are capable of it. I believe if we did then teams like Birmingham City , Marsellie , Tottenham and anybodyelse you care to mention would leave Anfield with nothing. What ever happend to the 12th man ? 

I personally think its as a result of the amount of daytrippers who are at Anfield every matchday nowadays who aswell as taking real , genuine fans tickets are making our famous atmosphere dire as they dont love the club as they see it as a tourist attraction not a religion.

Campaigns like Reclaim The Kop are making the effort but is it enough ?  Your thoughts ?

Quick Reply