Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Serious Injury Problem!

Read 11720 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Re: Serious Injury Problem!
      Reply #92: Jan 08, 2016 05:02:59 pm
      any news did they all make it off the team Bus

^ ;D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #93: Jan 08, 2016 06:03:57 pm
      Ibe hamstring can't be because he's played too much... I think this has got to be something as simple as players not warming up correctly and then warming down after games. Just finishing a game then sitting in the coach is not very good.

Hopefully it is something as simple as that that could be fairly easily fixed.

The worse case scenario is that the high intensity running game of the gegenpress is going to tend to lead to more injuries.
      This has been worrying me ever since bmck earlier in the thread posted a couple of links to past injury problems Jürgen had at Dortmund.

However quite a few of our injured guys have not actually played that much football - not just Ibe, but Origi, and Sturridge obviously. Even Skrtel and Lovren as CBs dont run around as much as the rest of the outfield players, so their hamstring pulls are more likely to be just the result of an unlucky over-stretch, or maybe poor warm-ups etc as you suggest.

I f**king hope so anyway!
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2016 07:08:42 pm by sore monad »
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #94: Jan 08, 2016 06:36:38 pm
      They are professional footballers,maybe they did have it soft under BR,i can never recall us having so many injuries in the 80's and for those that saw games in the 80's the pitches at this time of year were not pretty,compared to the carpet like surfaces they play on now,so i am suprised at the level of injuries,even if Klopp has upped the tempo.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #95: Jan 08, 2016 07:02:42 pm
      They are professional footballers,maybe they did have it soft under BR,i can never recall us having so many injuries in the 80's and for those that saw games in the 80's the pitches at this time of year were not pretty,compared to the carpet like surfaces they play on now,so i am suprised at the level of injuries,even if Klopp has upped the tempo.

The pace of the game was slower in the 80s though.

Plus players are a bit more tightly tuned these days fitness-wise, think it makes them more injury prone.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #96: Jan 08, 2016 07:55:19 pm

Plus players are a bit more tightly tuned these days fitness-wise, think it makes them more injury prone.

You could be right mate,but the Liverpool team,of the mid-late 80's would piss this league,Ian Rush was no slouch,neither John Barnes,i doubt Lucas would have beaten Souness over a 100 meter sprint,if you compare the current squad with that team,pace wise,i would have to say the 80's team had a lot more zip about them,i just think they have not been fit enough under BR,so when Klopp has upped the tempo,you could argue the injuries would happen.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #97: Jan 08, 2016 10:25:15 pm
      You could be right mate,but the Liverpool team,of the mid-late 80's would piss this league,Ian Rush was no slouch,neither John Barnes,i doubt Lucas would have beaten Souness over a 100 meter sprint,if you compare the current squad with that team,pace wise,i would have to say the 80's team had a lot more zip about them,i just think they have not been fit enough under BR,so when Klopp has upped the tempo,you could argue the injuries would happen.

Oh aye, no question that team was on a different level. But that is down to skill etc, not really fitness.
      That team had 2 or 3 of quick guys ( Rush up front, Barnes, Lawrenson at the back) but as a team they didnt run around as much as the guys today - they let the ball do the work.

It could be that Brendan's pre-season was not up to scratch, but the truth is we dont really know. Its something we'd all probably like to believe - cos it would mean the cause of the problem is in the past. But that could just be wishful thinking.

We could definitely do with ditching these pre-season tours of the US etc though, to give us the best chance of being 100%.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Jan 08, 2016 11:15:56 pm

but they have far far better monitoring of fitness now, what is happening now is a bit of a mystery really. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #99: Jan 09, 2016 07:21:07 am

When you talk about the pace of the game in the 80s you should take ionto account that we had footballers who were adept in passing the ball long and short with accuracy.Because of the passing I think you have been lulled into a mistaken belief that the game was slower.I would never have called Ian Rush  slow.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #100: Jan 09, 2016 07:49:50 am
      any news did they all make it off the team Bus

:lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #101: Jan 09, 2016 08:29:09 am
      This about sums up the Exeter game....

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #102: Jan 09, 2016 11:05:28 am
      SO.

Toure should be ok for Arsenal, anybody else from the Injured list? 
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #103: Jan 09, 2016 10:57:30 pm
      It's my opinion that LFC had a sh*t preseason training regiment under Rogers. As much as I loved seeing them here in 2014 in the USA, they need to stop the preseason tours, and get preseason done at Mellwood for the next 2-3 years. Let Klopp PT them to make them the machines he had in mind. I just think the preseason tours are wasteful in preparing for the toughest league in the world. Just my opinion

Oy,look here,i think you got the point.A lot of the big UK clubs are using most of  their preseason time for "modeling"...and that is ok,you should work on clubs reputation and the lads should play a few casual games...but not when you finished season at 6th spot,when your last trophy was won five F***ing years a go,when your team did not played in champions league since season 2009/10...the thing that you should do is to sit down with the team,figure out whats F***ing wrong and F***ing solve it,dont waste time on some stupid friendly games against the below par teams that dont even exist...work hard,train hard and get ready for the next season or its gonna be a bad one...like it is...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #104: Jan 09, 2016 11:05:01 pm
      The problem here ..... is that the matches that we have "pressed hard" in, are our best performances.  When we have played sh*te we did not "press hard"   

Jürgen seemed furious when it was suggested that his methods were to blame for the injuries. He made a point of saying we do not train, we just recover due to two games per week.
      But he spoke about the "reaction" being good after the Westham debacle. The players inconsistency then could be purely that they cannot give maximum effort in pressing every match, so it only comes when they are desperate to show a reaction to a poor previous match.

It appears the biggest efforts are forthcoming for the biggest matches as well which makes sense.
      You can understand why he is angry   The only way we can win is to press hard, and he is running out of players fast. The more we press, the quicker we run out of players.

I watched those games where we pressed hard and we looked good at the begining,as the time passed by more and more players stayed out of breath and Skrtel looked lost in that style...time is needed for players to get used to that...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #105: Jan 09, 2016 11:07:33 pm
      Looks like training has cranked up a notch and looks like the softies are starting to show up.
      I think thats the truth...i think that a lot of players find Klopps style of training like a shocker.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #106: Jan 09, 2016 11:10:02 pm
      Found this on FB, not sure of the accuracy but 'kin hell....Jürgen might have to throw on the boots

LIVERPOOL INJURIES
      Jordon Ibe. Hamstring
      3-4 weeks
      Kolo Toure. Hamstring
      1 week
      D Lovren Hamstring 2 weeks
      P Coutinho Hamstring 3 weeks
      M Sakho Knee Injury no date
      J Henderson Ankle/Foot no date
      D Origi Hamstring 3 weeks
      M Skrtel Hamstring 5 weeks
      J Rossiter Hamstring no date
      D Sturridge Hamstring 2 weeks
      D Ings ACL Knee 5 months
      J Gomez ACL Knee 5 months
      J Flanagan Knee 2 weeks

so that leaves us with a Team like this................

Big day for Eddie :D
      benfathers45
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #107: May 03, 2016 02:27:03 am
      Likewise, thinking that their injuries were not a coincident. Just in my own opinion, its better to take a rest first after taking a medical examination and must obey what the doctors says. Its for their good. It is possible too to have a once in a while unwinding for self enjoyment.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #108: May 11, 2016 10:38:39 am
      Well Ings is back in training as we know. Now Sturbridge and Origi are both back in training and hoping for a start in Basle.
      Hope Origi makes it, but to be honest, I'm sort of hoping Sturridge doesn't.
      Think we play better as an attacking unit without him, and wouldn't be too upset if we sold him in the summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #109: May 11, 2016 05:30:42 pm
      Well Ings is back in training as we know. Now Sturbridge and Origi are both back in training and hoping for a start in Basle.
      Think we play better as an attacking unit without him, and wouldn't be too upset if we sold him in the summer.

So.....you would rather our best striker (and best player) to not start our most important game of the season? And you'd not be "too upset" if we sold our best player this summer?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #110: May 11, 2016 05:56:52 pm
      So.....you would rather our best striker (and best player) to not start our most important game of the season? And you'd not be "too upset" if we sold our best player this summer?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Think I get where he is coming from, personally I'd love the two playing. Think given time they'll be a great pairing. Could see Ings playing slightly wider I'd imagine too when he gets back.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,932 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #111: May 11, 2016 06:23:32 pm

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I prefer...

Foxtrot Sierra Tango....

......f***in stupid tw*t

Yankee November Whiskey Alpha
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #112: May 11, 2016 06:35:30 pm

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

FFS, I'm writing 'Sturridge' while thinking 'Henderson'
      Think I'm losing the plot!
      Didn't anyone read between the lines, re: returned to training ?
      Not to worry, I must have missed the morning medication before I posted that 😳
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #113: May 11, 2016 06:40:46 pm
      FFS, I'm writing 'Sturridge' while thinking 'Henderson'
      Think I'm losing the plot!
      Didn't anyone read between the lines, re: returned to training ?
      Not to worry, I must have missed the morning medication before I posted that 😳

Man...you had me worried there for a minute ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #114: May 11, 2016 06:45:27 pm

FML, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this thread bumped, thought we lost someone like Sturridge.

Quick Reply