Voting closed: May 09, 2016 10:05:29 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight

Read 57698 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #1081: May 06, 2016 09:52:47 pm
      Only just sobering up...doesn't feel like a Friday night at all right now..
      So glad I took the day off today..

What a game...

Lallana was like a greyhound..
      Milner was like a tank, proper captains performance.

We we're like ferrets on at them constantly biting their heels and closing them down .. The Spaniards couldn't handle us.

we simply HAVE to go on and win it... its written in the stars..

Bit pissed about the stadium choice if i'm honest, it's so unfair that so many fans are gonna be disappointed they can't get a ticket..
      38,000 capacity for a Uefa final.. WTF! how did that happen? crazy.

Must get my Ski's out, the're about somewhere ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1082: May 06, 2016 11:10:03 pm
      apparently there are over 100 grounds in Europe with a bigger capacity. Go figure .

Thought I'd bring your comment over to this thread mate before I derailed the Klopp thread :D...

UEFA have come out and basically defended the selection of the Basel stadium saying that they made the decision back in 2014 and obviously had no idea who would get to the final. The bigger stadiums are for the CL and the slightly smaller ones are for the EL.

I get that they can't predict who would get to the final but surely they should prepare like two of the biggest teams would get there rather than 2 of the smallest? What happens if say they arrange for Wembley to hold the CL final yet Sevilla and Olympiacos get there?
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1083: May 07, 2016 02:18:07 am
      Klopp sums it up: "In the first half hour against Villarreal I have not seen this often from a team. It was pure power." #lfc
      jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #1084: May 07, 2016 04:28:34 am
      Brilliant post a few up Billy, very well said.

YNWA
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1085: May 07, 2016 06:22:53 am
      Will be a very interesting final!  Looks like Sevilla can't qualify for CL domestically either, so both teams will really be motivated for this one---would've been different had Villarreal gone through as they're already in CL next year.

This is when the Europa League final is really interesting---when it's two teams in a sort of one game CL playoff, who definitely won't qualify for the CL next season unless they win.

Going to be exciting for sure.  Hopefully Can and Sturridge will both be fit still as they absolutely change our side.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1086: May 07, 2016 06:57:02 am
      Actually a ton of people have said  it's not a good enough squad (at least when Brendan  was in charge) and made the point that Brendan had not assembled a good enough group of players to actually win anything.

Yes but we all like Jürgen so we sweep that one under the carpet!

Members keep getting called out for 'hypocrisy' on here, people need to understand that this is football and sometimes you like/dislike a guy based on nothing more than a gut feeling and you will adjust your arguments accordingly. It's not consistent by any means, but I love to be an emotional, rose tinted hypocrite when it comes to football....at least I acknowledge it! :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1087: May 07, 2016 07:12:12 am
      Actually a ton of people have said  it's not a good enough squad (at least when Brendan  was in charge) and made the point that Brendan had not assembled a good enough group of players to actually win anything.

Certainly I didn't (and still don't) believe our squad was good enough. Not for a league challenge anyway. Cups are and always have been a lot different.

I think Jürgen has worked wonders in the cup this year and to get such performances as we have achieved in the knockout phase is incredible really.

Cups are all about getting the maximum performance out of the team on the day and Jürgen got an almost perfect performance out of our players on Thursday. I think about 5 or 6 of our players played right at the top of their game with the others giving great support as well. To steam roll a team like Villarreal like that was incredible.

Jürgen deserves as much credit for that performance as the players. Honestly don't believe such a performance was possible with these players if Brendan was still with us. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1088: May 07, 2016 08:52:34 am

They did indeed FL.. tons and effing tons; the posts are there for all to see but to be fair, people then changed their minds and then... they changed them back again, then... back again (depending on results) so it's easy to forgive anyone who's become confused on the subject.

I'm one who doesn't believe we have enough "ready-made" quality to win titles [which is the holy grail, for me] - I've mentioned that often enough. I 'knew' that, irrespective of how brilliant Jürgen is, he wouldn't and couldn't change that 'fact' so I had no need to flip-flop or hurt myself in a scramble for 'answers'.

What I will say is; as much as the lads deserve praise for fantastic performances, in the knock-out stages - in my opinion, Jürgen Klopp deserves huge credit for instilling belief and an infectious positivity every time it's been needed.

Something which rubbed off on me to by the way - [check out my posts on these games] - I just F***ing 'knew' and I can, hand-on-heart say: that was down to Jürgen.  :nod:

I had the added bonus of having £6 on a 3 nil win @ 11/1 so all's good - Well in lads.  :laugh:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1089: May 07, 2016 09:33:17 am
      You're right mate sorry i didn't notice and posted the wrong tweet. Modified it. Should have checked it first.

Your heart is in the right place so don't worry about it,cheers.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1090: May 07, 2016 10:23:26 am
      When they get their tickets and silly money starts getting offered for them they'll soon give up on the final.

throw in the fact sevilla are in the copa del rey final in madrid a couple of days later then who knows, my money would be on sevilla taking their full allocation.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1091: May 07, 2016 10:25:07 am

Perhaps it wasn't so much the squad . 
      We may have been looking in the wrong direction.

Just for example :  Look at Lovrens amazing transformation since JK arrived.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1092: May 07, 2016 10:29:36 am
      throw in the fact sevilla are in the copa del rey final in madrid a couple of days later

Thats interesting ......  perhaps they will have a Madrid / Chelsea style selection dilemma.
      Or ...Perhaps they wont   ;D

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1093: May 07, 2016 10:33:06 am
      There is no question there will be thousands going without tickets so the sensible thing the fucktards @ uefa can do is set up a massive screen or two in a park with a live feed,
      But then, these are the same fucktards responsible for such venues aka Hysel, so don't get holding your breath for any kind of sensibility from them, unless of course someone mentions the greed/monies made from such live feeds,

Just a suggestion like!!

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1094: May 07, 2016 10:41:15 am

So, just to be clear Skip... you reckon "Brendan" actually had a good eye for and signed a lot of really good players then; he just couldn't get the best out of them? On first look; it smacks of 'having your cake and eating it' but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

Although it leaves an awful lot of questions - like who takes the rap for those players who didn't undergo an amazing transformation?

Still... none of that should detract from a series of great displays from our lads, under Jürgen's guidance.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1095: May 07, 2016 10:50:52 am
      So, just to be clear Skip... you reckon "Brendan" actually had a good eye for and signed a lot of really good players then; he just couldn't get the best out of them? On first look; it smacks of 'having your cake and eating it' but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

Although it leaves an awful lot of questions - like who takes the rap for those players who didn't undergo an amazing transformation?

Still... none of that should detract from a series of great displays from our lads, under Jürgen's guidance.

We'll never know will we ?
      Some players were allegedly his selection some players were the TC's selection ..... seems there was a mash up of who did what and who selected who. There was a bit of infighting politics in there somewhere as well ie with Box Of Frogs Balotelli
      We'd be the last to know.

All I know is that last September the squad was underperforming . .. and some players wearing the shirt were questionable .

JK has transformed the team's performances .... but what is remarkable is the improvement of some of the players.

Facht is : this transformation hasn't included any new players and taken just seven short months.

It was Brendan on the eve of his sacking who said we needed to rebuild again (!) after spending nearly 300 mill and bringing in 29 players!
      +11
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1096: May 07, 2016 11:24:29 am
      at the end of the transfer window most people seemed quite pleased with our squad nobody said we could win the league but it looked better than the previous seasons squad. Now we know we were right we do have some very decent players and even some players we thought were lucky to still be here have proved themselves more than worthy of the shirt. So however people want to call it Jürgen has made two finals in his first 7 months with players he inherited. He has been very strong in his views with Benteke and with Daniels fitness and his ability to play in his team and he has been proven correct on both issues.
      We had loads of nonsense about players burning out and hamstrings well I didn't see any tired players on Thursday and we have played 58 games or so this season more than any other team. I even saw Usain Bolt declaring he wanted Klopp at UTD well he is ours now and we are going to enjoy him and lots more nights like Thursday for years to come
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1097: May 07, 2016 11:25:53 am
      Voted for Firmino as well for all these reasons plus for the way he exposed that Soldado c**t !

that reminded me of the Sky add with Jamie and Redknapp..... Soldado definitely has twisted blood after what Firmino did to him
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1098: May 07, 2016 11:30:09 am

We had loads of nonsense about players burning out and hamstrings well I didn't see any tired players on Thursday and we have played 58 games or so this season more than any other team.

We had an armchair manager and keyboard coward who told us all that Jürgen had overtrained them.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1099: May 07, 2016 01:12:34 pm

We had an armchair manager and keyboard coward who told us all that Jürgen had overtrained them.

He hasn't been on the forum since the win.

Says it all
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1100: May 07, 2016 01:39:57 pm
      He hasn't been on the forum since the win.

Says it all

Silence is deafening .
      Nothing new.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #1101: May 07, 2016 02:12:28 pm

So then maybe we need to stop beating Brendan up over his buys and if you want to poke at him, stick to his ability to get the best from his players.  Players that are obviously good enough to produce displays like we've seen against Dortmund and now Villareal.

Klopp's influence is obvious but it's funny how when we lose it's because the players Brendan bought aren't good enough and when we win, it's because Klopp makes the players better. So how come Klopp can make players better some days but other days he can't? ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1102: May 07, 2016 02:17:47 pm
      My 15-yr old cousin, a LFC fanatic, passed away yesterday cos of bone cancer. He was gradually losing his senses since last week. After being disappointed at losing 1-0 in the first leg, the boys gave him some joy on Thu night (though I'm not sure how much of that he realized). He passed on Friday morning!  :'( RIP!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1103: May 07, 2016 02:20:04 pm
      this was our 58th game so we are on for a 62 game season against a 44/45 game season in 2013/14 so maybe the extra 17 games is the reason for the form fluctuations and having to play two games a week rather than using a full weeks training for the one game. But its amazing how fresh players look when they are winning and they can smell a final.

Quick Reply