Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (4.5%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (1.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      74 (41.3%)
      James Milner
      10 (5.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      66 (36.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      13 (7.3%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Voting closed: May 09, 2016 10:05:29 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight

Read 57721 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #1104: May 07, 2016 02:21:25 pm
      My 15-yr old cousin, a LFC fanatic, passed away yesterday cos of bone cancer. He was gradually losing his senses since last week. After being disappointed at losing 1-0 in the first leg, the boys gave him some joy on Thu night (though I'm not sure how much of that he realized). He passed on Friday morning!  :'( RIP!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

He knew ...

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1105: May 07, 2016 02:23:17 pm
      My 15-yr old cousin, a LFC fanatic, passed away yesterday cos of bone cancer. He was gradually losing his senses since last week. After being disappointed at losing 1-0 in the first leg, the boys gave him some joy on Thu night (though I'm not sure how much of that he realized). He passed on Friday morning!  :'( RIP!

Thoughts with you, his friends and family Vicks on that tragic loss at such an age.

RIP

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1106: May 07, 2016 02:25:07 pm
      So then maybe we need to stop beating Brendan up over his buys and if you want to poke at him, stick to his ability to get the best from his players.  Players that are obviously good enough to produce displays like we've seen against Dortmund and now Villareal.

Klopp's influence is obvious but it's funny how when we lose it's because the players Brendan bought aren't good enough and when we win, it's because Klopp makes the players better. So how come Klopp can make players better some days but other days he can't? ;D

You want Brendan back ?
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1107: May 07, 2016 02:46:39 pm
      We'll never know will we ?
      Some players were allegedly his selection some players were the TC's selection ..... seems there was a mash up of who did what and who selected who. There was a bit of infighting politics in there somewhere as well ie with Box Of Frogs Balotelli
      We'd be the last to know.

All I know is that last September the squad was underperforming . .. and some players wearing the shirt were questionable .

JK has transformed the team's performances .... but what is remarkable is the improvement of some of the players.

Facht is : this transformation hasn't included any new players and taken just seven short months.

It was Brendan on the eve of his sacking who said we needed to rebuild again (!) after spending nearly 300 mill and bringing in 29 players!

They haven't got more talented than they were but looks as though they've met and loved the club anew judging by the passion and determination coming out of them on the pitch.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2355987.html

Having a look at the week's team there are 6 LFC players but most interestingly only one Villarreal player who coincidentally is the keeper.

Indicative imho of JK's work at the club since het set foot at Anfield and the players simply care more.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2016 04:40:07 pm by nikos »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1108: May 07, 2016 02:49:49 pm

So sorry to hear that.

RIP little man, too young, YNWA.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1109: May 07, 2016 02:54:42 pm

I've made my feelings on Klopp pretty clear, I'll have him here till he decides he doesn't want to be here.

For anyone to suggest I've said otherwise they must be a bit slow in the brain. Are you a bit slow Skip?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1110: May 07, 2016 03:00:01 pm

This puts everything into perspective,

Vicks, so sorry for your loss, my thoughts go to yourself & your family, your cousin now at peace will never walk alone.

RIP.

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1111: May 07, 2016 03:03:11 pm

Sorry to hear of your's and your family's mate.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1112: May 07, 2016 03:08:08 pm

Very sad news mate. Sorry to hear.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1113: May 07, 2016 03:10:23 pm

That's a straight kick in the gut. Sorry to hear Vick, RIP.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1114: May 07, 2016 03:22:22 pm
      A lot has been said in regards to how Brendan managed his players as opposed to how Jürgen has managed the same players,
      There has been many good points made for  and against, but the two things that shines brighter for me are belief and confidence,

In TPM'S case his philosophy got lost somewhere between the dressing room & the whitewash,  the players belief & subsequently confidence dwindled and eventually died, in the end players no longer believed in Brendan or whatever he said, towards the very end imo Brendan had lost the dressing room,

In comes Jürgen and with him a new belief,  a fresh start for everyone, slowly he instilled confidence and a trust in what he said, another factor missing from the TPM was a level of fitness, Jürgen has redressed this and we are reaping the benefits,

Really can't wait until next season, we're in for one hell of a ride.

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1115: May 07, 2016 03:29:46 pm
      A lot has been said in regards to how Brendan managed his players as opposed to how Jürgen has managed the same players,
      There has been many good points made for  and against, but the two things that shines brighter for me are belief and confidence,

In TPM'S case his philosophy got lost somewhere between the dressing room & the whitewash,  the players belief & subsequently confidence dwindled and eventually died, in the end players no longer believed in Brendan or whatever he said, towards the very end imo Brendan had lost the dressing room,

In comes Jürgen and with him a new belief,  a fresh start for everyone, slowly he instilled confidence and a trust in what he said, another factor missing from the TPM was a level of fitness, Jürgen has redressed this and we are reaping the benefits,

Really can't wait until next season, we're in for one hell of a ride.

YNWA

Excellent post mate
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1116: May 07, 2016 04:00:30 pm
      So sorry to hear that mate.

Ynwa and R.I.P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1117: May 07, 2016 04:07:03 pm

That's awful mate, sorry to hear :(

RIP little man.

YNWA.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #1118: May 07, 2016 04:15:47 pm

Really tragic news that mate,far too young ,thoughts with you & your family.
      R.I.P
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1119: May 07, 2016 06:07:56 pm

Shocking news that mate.  Condolences to you all at this heartbreaking time  :'(

Just about to watch the game, not even seen highlights or the goals!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1120: May 07, 2016 06:46:01 pm
      I've made my feelings on Klopp pretty clear, I'll have him here till he decides he doesn't want to be here.

For anyone to suggest I've said otherwise they must be a bit slow in the brain. Are you a bit slow Skip?

Well thats reassuring then.

I didn't suggest .
      Please read.
      I asked you a specific question.

Don't think its me thats on the drag out of the blocks FL .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1121: May 07, 2016 07:01:06 pm

I'd be the first to say that we look a different side last few weeks than we did at the start of this season... with the same players! Our league placing won't reflect it, but think we've come on a lot in a short time. No only that, but Jürgen has generated an atmosphere around the club and in the fans that I can't imagine too many other managers would have been able to.

But if you're making a comparison, I'd have to say that in the last 20 years I can't recall us playing with more belief and confidence than we did in the 2013/14 season. We lacked defensively, but with Suarez. Sturride, Coutinho, Sterling, SG and Hendo, we didn't lack for those things.
      What we are doing now in the Europa Cup, we need to next year bring into the league form to start and play in that way more consistently. And hopefully also in the CL :)

Not trying to have a row, and what we are doing in the Europa is brilliant, just want to see us challenging again, and I'm sure Jürgen will have us much more in the mix next season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1122: May 07, 2016 07:15:33 pm

Such a young age. Sorry to hear.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1123: May 07, 2016 07:21:12 pm

What's there to say, condolences and hope the family get strength to get through it
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1124: May 07, 2016 07:21:40 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, way too young!

RIP young man.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1125: May 07, 2016 07:25:32 pm

This puts everything into perspective,

YNWA

What billy said!!

Sad to hear.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1126: May 07, 2016 07:30:25 pm

so sorry to hear that RIP, cancer is such an awful illness at any age, but so young is just terrible

Quick Reply