Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (4.5%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (1.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      74 (41.3%)
      James Milner
      10 (5.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      66 (36.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      13 (7.3%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Voting closed: May 09, 2016 10:05:29 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight

Read 57708 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal [3-1]: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #1127: May 07, 2016 08:00:16 pm
      My 15-yr old cousin, a LFC fanatic, passed away yesterday cos of bone cancer. He was gradually losing his senses since last week. After being disappointed at losing 1-0 in the first leg, the boys gave him some joy on Thu night (though I'm not sure how much of that he realized). He passed on Friday morning!  :'( RIP!

So Sorry to hear on your tragic loss
      Condolences to you and your family at this sad time
      RIP young'un

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1128: May 07, 2016 08:05:49 pm
      My 15-yr old cousin, a LFC fanatic, passed away yesterday cos of bone cancer. He was gradually losing his senses since last week. After being disappointed at losing 1-0 in the first leg, the boys gave him some joy on Thu night (though I'm not sure how much of that he realized). He passed on Friday morning!  :'( RIP!

Sorry to hear that mate, terrible at any age but even worse when they are so young.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1129: May 07, 2016 08:49:20 pm

F****** hell my young fellas 14. Can't even imagine what it must be like for the family. Desperate news mate, So sad to hear.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1130: May 07, 2016 09:13:45 pm
      Well after finally watching the game I've given my motm to Emre.

The whole team played well but to come back from that injury after only 3 weeks and play like that in such a huge game was mightily impressive.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1131: May 07, 2016 09:34:27 pm

Condolences Vicks at this very sad time for you and your family.It puts football  into perspective.Stay strong at this very difficult time.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #1132: May 07, 2016 09:39:04 pm

So sorry hear this. RIP wee man. Let's win the Europa League for him.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #1133: May 07, 2016 09:40:14 pm
      Well after finally watching the game I've given my motm to Emre.

The whole team played well but to come back from that injury after only 3 weeks and play like that in such a huge game was mightily impressive.

Milner and Can were absolute rocks. Probably the pairs best game for Liverpool.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1134: May 07, 2016 09:47:28 pm
      Milner and Can were absolute rocks. Probably the pairs best game for Liverpool.

Milner also had an excellent match against Dortmund.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1135: May 08, 2016 04:36:20 am
      I'd be the first to say that we look a different side last few weeks than we did at the start of this season... with the same players! Our league placing won't reflect it, but think we've come on a lot in a short time. No only that, but Jürgen has generated an atmosphere around the club and in the fans that I can't imagine too many other managers would have been able to.

But if you're making a comparison, I'd have to say that in the last 20 years I can't recall us playing with more belief and confidence than we did in the 2013/14 season. We lacked defensively, but with Suarez. Sturride, Coutinho, Sterling, SG and Hendo, we didn't lack for those things.
      What we are doing now in the Europa Cup, we need to next year bring into the league form to start and play in that way more consistently. And hopefully also in the CL :)

Not trying to have a row, and what we are doing in the Europa is brilliant, just want to see us challenging again, and I'm sure Jürgen will have us much more in the mix next season.

Can't disagree with any of that if I'm honest mate, the nearly season had us all believing no19 would arrive, the class in that side shone through in Gerrard, Suarez,Sturridge and Sterling to a lesser extent, the football we played was awesome, again confidence & belief were key ingredients,
      All those ingredients and another,, momentum, almost took us to glory,

We didn't have the greatest of a defence but we made up for those frailties with our midfield & attack and within we had world class players pulling the strings,

We still don't have the greatest defence, we don't have a genius in midfield well not quite yet anyhoo and our attack has been reduced by two thirds,but we have a world class manager, with world class beliefs who is slowly building us into a world class outfit,

Liken it to going to a tailors for a made to measure suit, it has to fit absolutely perfectly, each time you visit there will be alterations, there will be bits added and possibly removed bit by bit, and eventually it will be a perfect fit,
      and as time goes on and we get fatter, well be visiting that tailor again and again.

Sir Bob had a very good tailor I seem to remember, just look at how fat we got under him,  ;D

YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2016 04:52:44 am by billythered »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #1136: May 08, 2016 01:24:49 pm
      Best performance of the season in our biggest game of the season so far.

Milner and Can outstanding, but the overall team performance was brilliant.

Can't  help feeling confident about the final with Jürgen obviously filing the players with belief.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1137: May 08, 2016 02:27:53 pm
      Appreciate all your support my brothers! He will never walk alone for sure!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1138: May 08, 2016 05:47:51 pm
      Sevilla 1-4 Granada.

Didn't know where to put it but :o Granada started the day in the relegation zone.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1139: May 08, 2016 07:21:06 pm
      Sevilla 1-4 Granada.

Didn't know where to put it but :o Granada started the day in the relegation zone.

Did they play their first team?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1140: May 08, 2016 07:42:50 pm
      Did they play their first team?

Just checked and they rested a fair few but still have Konoplyanka, Llorente, Pareja and Iborra playing.

Still a massive shock. Granada are awful.

Quick Reply