Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

'Hillsborough' The Documentary. (1st UK broadcast 08/05/16)

Read 13899 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: Tonight on BBC2, 9pm: 'Hillsborough'
      Reply #23: May 09, 2016 12:11:43 am
      Watched it a couple years ago on ESPN and remember crying like a baby and also being extremely anger over how the families were treated. It gave me so much respect to all the families when I attended the Hillsborough Memorial Service last year.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: May 09, 2016 12:43:12 am
      These documentaries floor you, but they are absolutely necessary. Nothing can prepare you for the sheer horror of those images and those accounts. That the horror was made and manifested within certain individuals who can only be labelled as low life scum and hide behind their status can never be made less horrifying as time progresses. The actions of cowards and the actions of an establishment that was closer in attitude and action to that of a corrupt totalitarian regime. On one of the news broadcasts from two weeks ago, the journalist (it was Tom Bradby on ITV) called it 'the most disgraceful episode in the history of our modern nation state'. So true.

Such a relief that the faces and the words that will close this chapter will be those angels who never gave up in their fight for justice and will pursue those cowards who thought they could hide behind their status and the face of time. No chance.

This.

God Bless the 96.   

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2016 09:29:47 am
      I recorded this myself last night ,it was bad enough watching hillsborough by Jimmy Mcgovern when it was first shown on ITV years ago & I remember vividly the hatred I Felt towards those involved in the lies and cover ups & the heartbreak I felt for the families & loss of life, so I'm not sure I could stomach watching this documentary.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #26: May 09, 2016 11:39:11 am
      If you can, get hold of Phil Scraton's book "Hillsborough- the truth". It shows just how evil those South Yorkshire Police  B******s were. (Sorry, but don't think any other word is suitable to describe them."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #27: May 09, 2016 11:41:21 am
      If you can, get hold of Phil Scraton's book "Hillsborough- the truth". It shows just how evil those South Yorkshire Police  B******s were. (Sorry, but don't think any other word is suitable to describe them."

Got it, one of the hardest things I've ever read, don't know how many times I had to put the book down, because it was making me so angry.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28: May 09, 2016 11:44:12 am

Not sure it's us who need to be flawed, mate. It's those who call us 'Murderers', those who claim we're overly reliant on benefits, they who would accuse the fans of being drunk and engaging in the most disorderly of conducts. Those people should be required by law to watch this.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: May 09, 2016 11:48:11 am
      Let's get on this lads and lasses and if you're not sure if you can be bothered, read the attached letter he sent in response to one of the familes. 

Scum of the earth who probably won't be touched by any criminal prosecutions, so let's show him and his ilk that we have other ways of punishing them  :mad:

https://www.change.org/p/parliament-strip-bernard-ingham-of-his-knighthood
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: May 09, 2016 11:59:45 am
      Not sure it's us who need to be flawed, mate. It's those who call us 'Murderers', those who claim we're overly reliant on benefits, they who would accuse the fans of being drunk and engaging in the most disorderly of conducts. Those people should be required by law to watch this.

I didn't say anything about being flawed? Why would I insinuate such a thing? 'Floored' - as in emotionally hard hitting.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #31: May 09, 2016 12:52:11 pm
      Will have to try and find a copy of it to download somewhere. Every replayer is for UK residents only.

Some of the stories people are posting are heartbreaking to read. Imagine hearing that a family member is "the property of the coroner".

If you can't find it, Crouchy, let us know and I'll download it and put it on a dvd for you. (Big download, so don't want to do it unless necessary)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: May 09, 2016 02:17:54 pm
      Also it can't be stressed enough what an incredible man Phil Scraton is.

When you think 'Hillsborough: The Truth' was first published in 1999, documenting in so much detail among many other things, the systematic alteration of police statements, laying bare the disgraceful cover, it beggars belief why the families, and the wider community, were the ones it fell to to keep the pressure on to clear the names eventually.
      And I agree with him when he said something like 'justice delayed is injustice' (can't recall exact words) seeing as so many who campaigned are no longer alive to see the recent verdict, and nobody has yet been convicted for events on the day, or the cover up. In saying that, the recent verdict was VERY important.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #33: May 09, 2016 02:36:53 pm
      I didn't say anything about being flawed? Why would I insinuate such a thing? 'Floored' - as in emotionally hard hitting.

Soz, spelling mistake. Was in a rush when I wrote it :)
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: May 09, 2016 02:43:58 pm
      Let's get on this lads and lasses and if you're not sure if you can be bothered, read the attached letter he sent in response to one of the familes. 

Scum of the earth who probably won't be touched by any criminal prosecutions, so let's show him and his ilk that we have other ways of punishing them  :mad:

That has sickened me reading that letter, just signed the petition debs.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: May 09, 2016 02:54:48 pm
      Watched the programme back late last night after catching the back end of it when it aired earlier in the night. The respect I have for the people involved in gaining the excruciating overdue truth is immeasurable, I remember sitting down and reading the independent panels dossier and couldn't believe my eyes.

I speak as a then young lad back in '89 who sat watching the atrocity on Grandstand on that faithful Saturday afternoon, the phone ringing constantly as my dad had been offered tickets to go but back then he'd only take me in the stands thinking what if I was there. It is a thought that will never pass whenever Hillsborough comes to the for, I just pray people incharge that day and who instigated the cover up are now brought to account.

JFT96
      YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: 'Hillsborough' The Documentary. (1st UK broadcast 08/05/16)
      Reply #36: May 09, 2016 03:51:30 pm
      That has sickened me reading that letter, just signed the petition debs.

Good lad  :gt-happyup:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: May 09, 2016 04:00:52 pm

Signed
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #38: May 09, 2016 04:13:48 pm
      Signed
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: May 09, 2016 05:00:28 pm
      Just started to watch it, not confident I'll finish.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #40: May 09, 2016 05:06:57 pm
      Signed

Odious old b***ard, why stop there? Why not strip the F***ing witch of whatever bollox title the establishment rewarded her with.
      The F***ing liar Duckenfield as well.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #41: May 09, 2016 05:11:23 pm
      Signed and forwarded via facebook
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #42: May 09, 2016 05:11:49 pm
      Just started to watch it, not confident I'll finish.

Heard about it being shown a while ago and rec. it knowing it would only be watched at a selected time, seen clips and that selected time gets harder to choose.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #43: May 09, 2016 05:17:02 pm

Cheers debs,remember reading that letter when It was printed in the mirror as part of a fantastic article Brian reade wrote the day after the verdict.another pompous, poncey tw*t.
      Dually signed.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: May 09, 2016 05:19:03 pm
      Signed

Odious old b***ard, why stop there? Why not strip the F***ing witch of whatever bollox title the establishment rewarded her with.
      The F***ing liar Duckenfield as well.

The likes of Duckenfield should be facing criminal charges mate and if I'm not mistaken, if convicted, will automatically lose his knighthood whereas this cretin won't be charged.

Cheers for signing though mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: May 09, 2016 05:21:26 pm
      Cheers debs,remember reading that letter when It was printed in the mirror as part of a fantastic article Brian reade wrote the day after the verdict.another pompous, poncey tw*t.
      Dually signed.

Shocking what some of them thought was acceptable to write and how easily the families were dismissed by these shysters mate. 

I hope each and every one of them gets their comeuppance.

Quick Reply