Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      17 (20.2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (2.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Kolo Toure
      26 (31%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (4.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.2%)
      Wee Joe Allen
      7 (8.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      7 (8.3%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      3 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: May 14, 2016 10:08:24 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30803 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: May 12, 2016 12:18:07 pm
      Hahaha

Honestly thought I'd seen some blurb a while ago when selling some of the corporate packages - we're they mentioned something along the lines of "old style seating"

Anyone got any idea what the clapping for "stand up for the 96" near the end of the first half was for? No doubt sensing an opportunity to get the crowd going and boast to their mates, some try-hard got "stand up for the 96" going at the back of the kop. It's so crass. Yet everyone joined in the clapping like absolute sheep.

Needs knocking on the head.

29 mins I thought whats this for have I missed something maybe their watches were 2 mins slow.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #438: May 12, 2016 12:21:37 pm
      It's stupid. Absolute pointless. They certainly didn't hang about did they.

Scouse that!!

ebay will be full of wooden seats soon - everyone getting paid to either afford their seasie or get funds for Basle.

The club will come out with some sh*te soon about selling them for charity!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #439: May 12, 2016 12:21:40 pm
      Hahaha

Honestly thought I'd seen some blurb a while ago when selling some of the corporate packages - we're they mentioned something along the lines of "old style seating"

Anyone got any idea what the clapping for "stand up for the 96" near the end of the first half was for? No doubt sensing an opportunity to get the crowd going and boast to their mates, some try-hard got "stand up for the 96" going at the back of the kop. It's so crass. Yet everyone joined in the clapping like absolute sheep.

Needs knocking on the head.

Yeah was the 29th minute, wasn't sure what it was for.

Wasn't the Bradford fire anniversary yesterday? I was thinking it was maybe something to do with that. Although not sure what it has to do with the 29th minute. as I think it happened about 40 minutes into the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #440: May 12, 2016 12:23:43 pm
      Yeah was the 29th minute, wasn't sure what it was for.

Wasn't the Bradford fire anniversary yesterday? I was thinking it was maybe something to do with that. Although not sure what it has to do with the 29th minute. as I think it happened about 40 minutes into the game.

Nobody's got any idea what it was for. I just find it a bit crass to be honest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #441: May 12, 2016 12:29:53 pm
      Nobody's got any idea what it was for. I just find it a bit crass to be honest.

it just proves so many people who go the match really don't get the club and what its all about.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #442: May 12, 2016 01:13:19 pm
      Same here, the Mrs said why 29 minutes, I said I don't know. Thought I'd missed something.

I thought it was because Chelsea fans got kicked out for lighting flares...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #443: May 12, 2016 01:16:48 pm
      I thought it was because Chelsea fans got kicked out for lighting flares...

Even more of a knobhead reason.

That was there "John Terry" celebration!!

We should of just carried on singing "what the F***ing hell is that"
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #444: May 12, 2016 01:38:43 pm
      I thought it was just linked to the Hillsborough documentary that was on telly the other day, don't think the 29th minute had any significance.

That documentary was very powerful with some never seen before footage. My bet is a couple of people were talking about it mid match and the chant went from there.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #445: May 12, 2016 03:40:11 pm
      Yeah they were on at half time.  They were off Britain's Got Talent or something like that.  Not sure what the connection was with us though.

I believe the guy who got them together was Scouse according to what I've Read on FB !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #446: May 12, 2016 05:24:19 pm
      I believe the guy who got them together was Scouse according to what I've Read on FB !

Wait a minute?! Darth Vadar's scouse?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #447: May 12, 2016 05:39:26 pm
      Maybe it was just the embarrassment of having to wear that new kit that affected the players performance :)

evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #448: May 12, 2016 05:55:11 pm
      Maybe it was just the embarrassment of having to wear that new kit that affected the players performance :)

Don't like the new kit eh?

Haha. I was a bit disappointed by some of our performances yesterday. A few players forgot how to even make simple passes!

The late goal was exciting and really woke up the crowd. The last two games I brought my wife too, have always come down to goals in extra time.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #449: May 12, 2016 07:21:46 pm
      There are quite a lot of younger, better paid players at Liverpool who have a lot more bad games than Kolo does.

I agree.  I'd keep him for another year.  I'm assuming that with Gomez returning and Matip coming in it looked like his chances would be a lot less limited next year - but then we have now got the Sakho issue and big question marks over Skrtel.

It looks likely that Sahko will be out for at least six months and Skrtel needs to go, no question, Gomez is still unproven, as is Matip. Kolo is our modern day Garry Mc and it's not always about the football with players like him. He brings a lot to the dressing room and to the younger players who he'd most likely feature alongside as part of our shadow teams. Give him another year then make him a club ambassador. Rather this classy gent than the tit that is Michael 'Judas Manc' Owen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #450: May 12, 2016 07:43:22 pm
      Rather this classy gent than the tit that is Michael 'Judas Manc' Owen.

Just don't let him sell you a car  >:D

Quick Reply