Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Europa League Final Match Day Information

Read 7784 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Europa League Final Match Day Information
      May 12, 2016 02:15:04 pm
      Was doing some research on arriving at the stadium and thought i'd post it here in case anyone else needs it.

The club has issued this document which covers all you need to know about the stadium location, how to travel there on the day and where to go.

http://assets3.lfcimages.com/uploads/6759__3895__information_for_travelling_supporters_-_europa_league_final_basel_.pdf

It's advised to go to Bafusserplatz on the day which is their city centre. From there its a simple tram and walk to the stadium and your match ticket gives you free public transport in Basel on the day. Their public transport from all reports is brilliant.

If you are arriving in Zurich Airport on the day like myself, you will probably have to catch a train there from the airport. Tickets are around £20 from what i can see and they run every hour and 30 minutes past every even hour (eg. 12:30, 14:30, 16:30 etc.).

The problem i have is i wanted to take my backpack with me as i'm landing just before the game and leaving almost immediately after so i don't know if that would be allowed in the ground? It says it wouldn't be allowed but another website says it's ok if it is not large.

Safe travels :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Re: Europa League Final Match Day Information
      Reply #1: May 12, 2016 02:22:21 pm
      Have you got a long beard?

If so, maybe not. ;)

I'm guessing that means you got your ticket mate?

Yeah mate, Fowler23 offered me his spare, the absolute champion.

I don't have the beard :D But i will have my uni books in the backpack as i'm leaving right after class to catch my flight. Obviously a shitstorm if they confiscate that.

Just a thought, has Zurich airport got lockers?

Why the F**k didn't i think of that? :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2: May 12, 2016 02:31:55 pm
      Fair play to f23, I had a terrible feeling you'd ended up 2k lighter.

Me too. Couldn't believe my luck and his generosity.

Both times i've gone now to Liverpool games overseas this forum has helped me out.

Probably a stupid question but wouldn't it be easier to leave the books behind rather than drag them half way around the globe?

Exam revision lecture is that day and i can't miss it, but the only flight that gets me there in time i have to leave straight from uni if i want to make it in time. So then im left with a backpack with my books in it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: May 12, 2016 02:33:39 pm
      The problem i have is i wanted to take my backpack with me as i'm landing just before the game and leaving almost immediately after so i don't know if that would be allowed in the ground? It says it wouldn't be allowed but another website says it's ok if it is not large.

Nah leave the backpack, take cash, passport, scarf and maybe a banner, find ticket, find pub, get pissed until near kick off time, get in ground, go F***ing mental ;)

Enjoy mate! 8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2016 02:35:42 pm
      Nah leave the backpack, take cash, passport, scarf and maybe a banner, find ticket, find pub/shop selling booze, join main body of Liverpool fans get pissed sing and be merry until near kick off time, get in ground, go F***ing mental ;)

Enjoy mate! 8)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: May 12, 2016 02:42:57 pm
      Is there nowhere or nobody you can leave your sh*t with in Oz and do exactly (to the word) what HR said?

8)

Ask Diego how I tried to guide him to where we were before the Cardiff final at Wembley, was already arseholed by that point, there was no chance he was understanding me  :lmao:

Crouchy leave the backpack - it's pure wool behaviour  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: May 12, 2016 02:44:31 pm
      Just in case nobody heard you first time mate? ;D

Was trying to modify, plus eat a bacon sarnie at same time and fu**ed up  :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: May 12, 2016 02:45:41 pm
      Is there nowhere or nobody you can leave your sh*t with in Oz and do exactly (to the word) what HR said?

Literally no time to waste mate. Gotta go straight to the airport.

Will be doing what you suggested and getting a locker. Cheap and its attended by the airport staff. Perfect :) And no need to carry the f**ker around everywhere.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: May 12, 2016 02:49:01 pm
      :lmao:

On the subject of Diego. Did he get one?

Yes he did! Shawspeed got him one via the ballott also.

We'll be sitting very close in the stadium too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: May 12, 2016 02:57:12 pm
      Buzzing for you that you got a ticket in the end Crouchie! Safe travels with your uni sh*t :D
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #10: May 12, 2016 03:43:07 pm
      8)

Ask Diego how I tried to guide him to where we were before the Cardiff final at Wembley, was already arseholed by that point, there was no chance he was understanding me  :lmao:

Had to laugh at this can see this being me on Wednesday!!!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: May 12, 2016 03:56:55 pm
      8)

:lmao: :lmao: I remember that well. I was feeling really embarrassed on the phone, saying "sorry? sorry mate? sorry mate I couldn't understand". Sorry about that. I was taught English with an American accent. :D My English is supposedly better these days but I haven't spoken face to face with a scouser for four years!!!

:lmao:

On the subject of Diego. Did he get one?

I did mate. I will write a proper thank-you message when I have the time. Right now I'm really busy finishing stuff at work before I go on vacations and planning my trip. But I love this forum. When I started following LFC all those years ago I never thought I would be seeing them in a domestic and then an European final - all thanks to this forum and the wonderful people in here.
      I know some might not be happy seeing a foreigner in their place but I hope my dedication to the cause may change their minds. :)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #12: May 12, 2016 04:24:56 pm
      Was doing some research on arriving at the stadium and thought i'd post it here in case anyone else needs it.

The club has issued this document which covers all you need to know about the stadium location, how to travel there on the day and where to go.

http://assets3.lfcimages.com/uploads/6759__3895__information_for_travelling_supporters_-_europa_league_final_basel_.pdf

It's advised to go to Bafusserplatz on the day which is their city centre. From there its a simple tram and walk to the stadium and your match ticket gives you free public transport in Basel on the day. Their public transport from all reports is brilliant.

If you are arriving in Zurich Airport on the day like myself, you will probably have to catch a train there from the airport. Tickets are around £20 from what i can see and they run every hour and 30 minutes past every even hour (eg. 12:30, 14:30, 16:30 etc.).

I read somewhere there was a size limit on backpacks - need to find link for you
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: May 12, 2016 04:27:54 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14: May 12, 2016 04:36:47 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: I remember that well. I was feeling really embarrassed on the phone, saying "sorry? sorry mate? sorry mate I couldn't understand". Sorry about that. I was taught English with an American accent. :D My English is supposedly better these days but I haven't spoken face to face with a scouser for four years!!!

I did mate. I will write a proper thank-you message when I have the time. Right now I'm really busy finishing stuff at work before I go on vacations and planning my trip. But I love this forum. When I started following LFC all those years ago I never thought I would be seeing them in a domestic and then an European final - all thanks to this forum and the wonderful people in here.
      I know some might not be happy seeing a foreigner in their place but I hope my dedication to the cause may change their minds. :)

Glad to hear both you and Crouchy are sorted. Have a good'un lads and enjoy the Euro party 8)

Quick Reply