Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Reds get yet another European Trophy on Wednesday night?

Yes - easy win.
      (20.1%)
      Win but nail biting stuff till the final whistle?
      (71.9%)
      We'll win on a penalty shoot out.
      (4.3%)
      Sevilla win
      (3.6%)

The 2016 Europa League Final Liverpool v Sevilla in Basle 18/5/16 7.45 ko

Read 47925 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: The 2016 Europa League Final Liverpool v Sevilla in Basle 18/5/16 7.45 ko
      Reply #92: May 16, 2016 08:36:02 pm
      Wtf, are they taking the piss? Do they expect a small turn out? Idiots.

That's a piss take , someone has posted that for a giggle, I can't believe UEFA would be that f***in stupid, seriously that can't be right.??

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #93: May 16, 2016 08:36:36 pm

Aw Debs I feel for ya mate, I think your bestess option is the alehouse, take your Ma out for a meal first, then to the main feature with a massive screen, buy your Ma a few sherries or whatever her fav tipple is and she'll soon be singing 'Fields of Anfield Rd' with everyone else, she'll have a ball mate, bless her .

YNWA

She hates footy mate and she'll be sick of it after this week.  The mancs tomorrow, us on Wednesday and Barnsley in the play off 2nd leg on Thursday.  We couldn't have picked a worse week to be looking after her  :(

Have to say there's a cracking game on now between Brighton and Wednesday if anyone's watching.  Currently 1-1 with Wednesday winning 1-3 on aggregate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #94: May 16, 2016 08:53:08 pm
      Been getting nervous since before the West Brom game, but it's really starting to kick in now.

This will be no walk over in our favour. Yes Sevilla have been poor away from home, but we will be away from home too. They have some players in their team who can cause us real problems. Kono and Gameiro are good players and on their day can be game winners.

We have our own danger men of course, I just hope we can take our chances. Not sure of my nerves could take Lallana in these types of games either.

Anyway, hopefully we are pumped up for this one. One last big performance and we can end the season as cup winners, and begin the next amongst Europes elite.

Come on redmen!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #95: May 16, 2016 08:54:12 pm
      well I've got us down for a win all day long. 3 - 1 the red men. Bring it on home lads. :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #96: May 16, 2016 08:54:52 pm
      Been getting nervous since before the West Brom game, but it's really starting to kick in now.

This will be no walk over in our favour. Yes Sevilla have been poor away from home, but we will be away from home too. They have some players in their team who can cause us real problems. Kono and Gameiro are good players and on their day can be game winners.

We have our own danger men of course, I just hope we can take our chances. Not sure of my nerves could take Lallana in these types of games either.

Anyway, hopefully we are pumped up for this one. One last big performance and we can end the season as cup winners, and begin the next amongst Europes elite.

Come on redmen!!

Lallana is our leading goal scorer in the Europa with 3 goals mate, he'll be fine.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #97: May 16, 2016 09:09:17 pm
      We have the ability to turn up when needed, something we have failed to do for years. Villareal being the prime example.

When we perform we are one of the best teams in the world. We will perform and we will be too much for them.

Never been this confident going into a final before. It feels weird.

COYR Bring it home.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #98: May 16, 2016 09:14:19 pm
      Randall has travelled, he's stood behind Kenny on the pic of them getting off the plane.

Looks like Shamal George will be our goalie on the bench. 

Congrats Shamal on signing your first pro contract and overcoming a devastating knee injury to make the final  :gt-happyup:

I'm wrong again, Ward has travelled so providing he's over his injury he'll be reserve keeper.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2016 09:40:55 pm by reddebs »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #99: May 16, 2016 09:42:58 pm
      Looks like Shamal George will be our goalie on the bench. 

Congrats Shamal on signing your first pro contract and overcoming a devastating knee injury to make the final  :gt-happyup:

I'm wrong again, Ward has travelled so providing he's over his injury he'll be reserve keeper.

I was about to post about Ward travelling until I read the last sentence. It'll be great for George to experience the event though even if he doesn't make the bench.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #100: May 16, 2016 09:44:30 pm
      It's some record Sevilla have of getting to 3 Europa finals in a row. Very impressive. Winning two already. Says something about their mentality. They've won it before, they know how to win - that counts for something.

Was looking back over their league placings, and this season they finished 7th on 52 points, whereas last season they finished 5th on 76 pts, a much better haul. And the season before that, 5th placed also. So out of the 3 seasons in which they got to the final, this was poorest league perf.

Sevilla aside, WE've done really well in this compo. We've beaten some big sides along the way, with last match a really good perf at home to Villa. AND the biggest plus, we have a manager who with European Cup experience, who knows how to motivate the players, who has shown can picks side to get the job done.

Am quietly confident. Bursting to get the game under way. Huge prize(s). 90 minutes between this being just a promising season, or being a REALLY good one with a Euro Cup & CL place to show for it.
      Would LOVE to see a Liverpool captain lift the trophy on Wed night ... would MAKE the season for me.

Team 'I think' picks itself (not sure if Hendo/Origi selectable):

Mignolet
      Clyne Toure Lovren Moreno
             Can Milner
      Firmino Coutinho Lallana
              Sturridge
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #101: May 16, 2016 09:54:17 pm
      She hates footy mate and she'll be sick of it after this week.  The mancs tomorrow, us on Wednesday and Barnsley in the play off 2nd leg on Thursday.  We couldn't have picked a worse week to be looking after her  :(

Have to say there's a cracking game on now between Brighton and Wednesday if anyone's watching.  Currently 1-1 with Wednesday winning 1-3 on aggregate.

Not thinking of watching the Munts are you Debs ?  Our Debs watching Munts, surely not ??

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #102: May 16, 2016 09:58:34 pm
      I was about to post about Ward travelling until I read the last sentence. It'll be great for George to experience the event though even if he doesn't make the bench.

It will mate and he'll get to be on all the pics when we lift the trophy, as will Ojo, Randall and Smith.

Was reading Branners and Canos interviews after Sundays game earlier, they were over the moon to play.  Lost for words - Branners and Best 10 minutes of my life - Canos. 

Says it all really.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #103: May 16, 2016 09:59:43 pm
      Ward's on the plane according to the pics posted above mate and we de registered Bogdan in January adding Ward and Shamall George instead.
      Even if he is on the plane, it won't be to play.
      From Physioroom.

Ward 1st Jun 16   
      Origi 18th May 16 doubtful
      Rossiter no return date   
      Gomez 1st Jun 16
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #104: May 16, 2016 10:02:08 pm
      From Physioroom.

Ward 1st Jun 16   
      Rossiter no return date   
      Gomez 1st Jun 16

So physioroom have direct access to the Melwood rehab team?

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #105: May 16, 2016 10:03:34 pm

Not thinking of watching the Munts are you Debs ?  Our Debs watching Munts, surely not ??

YNWA

I watch all footy mate, well all English footy and I enjoy watching them losing  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #106: May 16, 2016 10:05:03 pm
      From Physioroom.

Ward 1st Jun 16   
      Rossiter no return date   
      Gomez 1st Jun 16

If he wasn't fit to play he wouldn't be on the plane.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #107: May 16, 2016 10:08:18 pm

Come on redmen!!

Think we're all nervous mate , your right Sevilla do have good players but so did BvB, you could argue BvB have better players than Sevilla but both are capable of giving us problems,
      I'm not sure Sevilla will have come up against a side like us all season perhaps Barca ,RM dunno if they play as high intensity as we will,
      This is a one off game, a 90+ minute winner takes all, I don't think they will cope with our relentless pace , or handle us being in their faces, all f***in night,

You would be a fool to suggest this will be a walkover, no way am I suggesting so, but I've just got a feeling Jürgen will have the lads pumped, he'll have them closing down and not letting them f***in breath, I just can't see them being able to cope with our tactics ,I'm confident without being cocky, nervous and can't f***in wait !

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #108: May 16, 2016 10:16:06 pm
      Nervous as hell cant wait for the game, all or bust, let's hope we do it. If we press and concentrate at the back we will win come on reds
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #109: May 16, 2016 10:16:30 pm
      So physioroom have direct access to the Melwood rehab team?
      I can't find any source saying Ward is available, but if anybody has a source then great.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #110: May 16, 2016 10:20:02 pm
      I watch all footy mate, well all English footy and I enjoy watching them losing  ;D

Can't say I do the same Debs, especially them, I lose it , I hate them fuckers like no other so do my damnest to avoid them at all costs, even that clip on sky showing Martial scoring against us. Gets my F***ing hackles up does that, all I imagine is that KUNT Tyler screaming, it's cost me two remotes, 3 mugs and a vase so far,
      Don't mind watching them losing but only in news features, I need help don't I ?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: May 16, 2016 10:23:03 pm

Can't say I do the same Debs, especially them, I lose it , I hate them fuckers like no other so do my damnest to avoid them at all costs, even that clip on sky showing Martial scoring against us. Gets my F***ing hackles up does that, all I imagine is that KUNT Tyler screaming, it's cost me two remotes, 3 mugs and a vase so far,
      Don't mind watching them losing but only in news features, I need help don't I ?

YNWA

Nah just more alcohol mate   ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #112: May 16, 2016 10:26:07 pm
      Nah just more alcohol mate   ;D

Err, it's the alcohol that could have tipped the balance tho mate  ;D

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #113: May 16, 2016 10:31:20 pm

Err, it's the alcohol that could have tipped the balance tho mate  ;D

YNWA

Nah, that'll be the green  ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      Reply #114: May 16, 2016 10:36:40 pm

;D, can't watch footy mate while stoned , I stare at the tv like you do a coal fire, totally monged, staying sober and sane is the best policy, still get angry tho, Helllppp !!!!!

Think we're off topic slightly mate. Pups will be onto us soon ?

YNWA

Quick Reply