Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44793 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      May 15, 2016 11:31:04 pm
      Appears we don't have a thread for this guy and he's probably going to sign with us next week. From the information that I've read he's the highest rated U21 player playing in Serie A according to Whoscored:

Looks a versatile lad who potentially could take Lallana's spot in the starting XI but has been playing centrally; scoring 5 goals and assisting 4 times in 35 appearances. The reason I say this is that some of his best work in the few minutes of clips I've watched shows that he has great awareness of where people are in the box. Sure he has good vision from the middle too so potential for both.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/118169

Looks like he has a good cross on him, can take corners reasonably well and has the vision you'd like in an attacking player. His corners suggest he has more in his locker when it comes to shooting than the clips show so hopefully we can expect to see more than just 5 goals a season from him.

Last I saw reported was around £12m, which for the highest rated youngster in Serie A doesn't sound like a high price to pay, hopefully we've uncovered a gem

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-piotr-zielinski-linked-with-119m-move-to-anfield-a7012376.html

Obligatory youtube scouting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7YKJKzx6rM
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #1: May 15, 2016 11:50:39 pm
      I watched a game of his a few weeks ago, I think it was against Carpi. Empoli lost the game but Zielinski looked busy and had what seemed like a decent game. If we do sign him then it'll be interesting to see what plans Klopp has for him. He seems versatile enough to play in a couple of different positions
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: May 16, 2016 12:02:26 am
      I watched a game of his a few weeks ago, I think it was against Carpi. Empoli lost the game but Zielinski looked busy and had what seemed like a decent game. If we do sign him then it'll be interesting to see what plans Klopp has for him. He seems versatile enough to play in a couple of different positions

Yeah it seems we were very keen on this lad, we were linked a long time ago with him and it's been pretty much smooth sailing, a pleasant change for our transfer dealings to be honest. Question of course has to be asked how much competition did we have to fend off for his signature but I'm willing to trust Jürgen knows what he wants.

I've seen a few suggesting he's not ready for the prem, he's not good enough etc but honestly how many people actually watch the Italian League on a regular basis? I very much doubt there's many, the thing I'd like to know is if he is coming in as a starter, my suspicion is that's the plan but he's very young to throw that amount of responsibility on his shoulders (if he's starting centrally). It would make me more optimistic if he was seen as the player to challenge both whoever starts centrally and wide right of a 4-2-3-1 but early days he could be exceptional.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: May 16, 2016 12:13:53 am
      Yeah it seems we were very keen on this lad, we were linked a long time ago with him and it's been pretty much smooth sailing, a pleasant change for our transfer dealings to be honest. Question of course has to be asked how much competition did we have to fend off for his signature but I'm willing to trust Jürgen knows what he wants.

I've seen a few suggesting he's not ready for the prem, he's not good enough etc but honestly how many people actually watch the Italian League on a regular basis? I very much doubt there's many, the thing I'd like to know is if he is coming in as a starter, my suspicion is that's the plan but he's very young to throw that amount of responsibility on his shoulders (if he's starting centrally). It would make me more optimistic if he was seen as the player to challenge both whoever starts centrally and wide right of a 4-2-3-1 but early days he could be exceptional.

Get what you're saying about is he coming in as a starter but I don't think that's relevant any more mate.  We've seen different 11s being used on a game by game basis by Jürgen, yes some of that's been down to injuries but also down to the number and frequency of games so he might not be a starter in our strongest 11 to begin with but he could still be a regular starter.

I've just seen on motd that we've used more players than any other club this season, 34 in all, that's a massive squad even if some of them aren't likely to be here next season I think any new players arriving will be considered starters unless they really struggle to adapt.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: May 16, 2016 12:24:08 am
      Get what you're saying about is he coming in as a starter but I don't think that's relevant any more mate.  We've seen different 11s being used on a game by game basis by Jürgen, yes some of that's been down to injuries but also down to the number and frequency of games so he might not be a starter in our strongest 11 to begin with but he could still be a regular starter.

I've just seen on motd that we've used more players than any other club this season, 34 in all, that's a massive squad even if some of them aren't likely to be here next season I think any new players arriving will be considered starters unless they really struggle to adapt.

Yeah fair point Debs and you're absolutely right whoever comes in is likely to get a lot of minutes, especially if we win against Sevilla. Just in those crucial games I'd feel a little more comfortable if we're relying on someone with with a bit more experience under his belt initially.

We know how these new lads can struggle adapting to a new league, putting a whole load of pressure and responsibility on top of that could crush a lad a bit. You never know he could come in and absolutely own the league but it'd just be nice to think there's options (other than what we already have). Could be asking for too much in this window though as we have plenty of holes to fill in this squad to restore balance.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: May 16, 2016 12:46:03 am
      Yeah fair point Debs and you're absolutely right whoever comes in is likely to get a lot of minutes, especially if we win against Sevilla. Just in those crucial games I'd feel a little more comfortable if we're relying on someone with with a bit more experience under his belt initially.

We know how these new lads can struggle adapting to a new league, putting a whole load of pressure and responsibility on top of that could crush a lad a bit. You never know he could come in and absolutely own the league but it'd just be nice to think there's options (other than what we already have). Could be asking for too much in this window though as we have plenty of holes to fill in this squad to restore balance.

I still think the long term injury situation has skewed our view of the overall squad though Luke.  I don't mean you particularly as you've been consistent all season in highlighting it but we've been missing a lot of our 2nd options as well as regular starters.

We've barely had more than 1 striker fit at any given time so we weren't able to rotate much. 

We've missed Hendo for most of the season meaning we're a man down in midfield even when he's played.  We missed Can at a crucial time of the season, likewise Milner through suspension and Allen and Lucas to injury meaning we had no option but to rely on inexperienced kids. 

The regular CBs have been in and out all season too meaning we're rotating with Lucas and Kolo.

Yes we need to strengthen of course we do but hopefully with a fully fit Studge, Hendo, Ings, Gomez along with Firmino and Origi fully settled and integrated plus whoever comes in I believe our rotation options will be much stronger than we've seen this season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2016 12:48:05 am

It seems he's very keen on us too. He's been talking to the media quite often in recent months and taking pictures with people in Liverpool shirts. Last year we'd have no chance of getting him over another big team but with Klopp I don't see it being a problem.

If we bring him and somebody like Gotze in then there's going to be a lot of rotation possibilities next season. CM - Can, Milner, Zielinski, Allen, Hendo etc. AM - Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Gotze, Ojo, Ibe etc. Keeping the lads fresh through rotation could help us a lot next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: May 16, 2016 03:49:00 pm
      Few snaps of him wearing a Liverpool kit on Polish TV supposedly.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: May 16, 2016 03:56:28 pm

Going by his runs and positioning he's like a Milner/Lallana hybrid on the right side. Can play on the right side of three midfielders or on the right flank.

Never seen him play but some nice touches, runs and finishes there.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #9: May 16, 2016 05:55:18 pm
      Judging by Klopps transfer dealingsinvolving Polish players for Dortmund I'm quite happy if we get this done.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #10: May 16, 2016 07:09:24 pm
      Original report back in January suggested he was going to be Joe Allens replacement. Not sure if that's still the theory.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #11: May 17, 2016 01:08:45 am
      Original report back in January suggested he was going to be Joe Allens replacement. Not sure if that's still the theory.

Will be Hendo's in my op.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #12: May 17, 2016 01:39:21 am
      My polish bud tells me he's a defensive midfielder
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #13: May 17, 2016 01:48:01 am

Doubt it. We've been linked with Xhaka, Gundogan, and Dahoud a number of times. If Henderson leaves (which is far from guaranteed), then I expect it to be a more ready-made replacement like one of those three. Seeing as Xhaka looks set for Arsenal, Gundogan is injured and previously looked set for City, from the three we've been linked with, I think Dahoud is probably the most likely option if we can convince Gladbach to sell.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14: May 17, 2016 07:52:43 am
      Doubt it. We've been linked with Xhaka, Gundogan, and Dahoud a number of times. If Henderson leaves (which is far from guaranteed), then I expect it to be a more ready-made replacement like one of those three. Seeing as Xhaka looks set for Arsenal, Gundogan is injured and previously looked set for City, from the three we've been linked with, I think Dahoud is probably the most likely option if we can convince Gladbach to sell.

I can't see Gladbach selling their two first team midfielders in the same window unless of course we offer silly money.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #15: May 17, 2016 10:14:58 am
      I can't see Gladbach selling their two first team midfielders in the same window unless of course we offer silly money.

So? Let's offer silly money - we have done it before - lots of times. ;)
      Remember 32.5 million for who now, I wonder.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #16: May 17, 2016 11:21:15 am
      So? Let's offer silly money - we have done it before - lots of times. ;)
      Remember 32.5 million for who now, I wonder.

Nah we would never do that would we?  :lmao:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17: May 17, 2016 09:40:10 pm
      It will be a joy for a change to get the players the manager wants , seems like a top manager does draw the talent . Who'd have thought it.

suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #18: May 18, 2016 11:23:01 am
      My polish bud tells me he's a defensive midfielder

thats not what my polish friend said. he said a CM or AM . he reckons his a good player but not up to liverpool standard
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: May 20, 2016 11:58:49 am
      Apparently this one is a Buvac recommendation (similar to Grujic). Apparently he's scouted him for over a year.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #20: May 20, 2016 07:47:00 pm
      A kid with "potential" and hopefully a great resale price  - very much in line with company policy. No surprise there... still we all know that, this time round, it will be tolerated.

You gotta hand it to them... the carpet baggers sure know how to buy time and hoodwink mugs  :lmao:
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #21: May 20, 2016 10:38:33 pm
      A kid with "potential" and hopefully a great resale price  - very much in line with company policy. No surprise there... still we all know that, this time round, it will be tolerated.

You gotta hand it to them... the carpet baggers sure know how to buy time and hoodwink mugs  :lmao:

A fair thought...  But if you look at our upturn in form under Klopp paired with the fact he made it to 2 finals in his first 6 months, and all of this was done with the same group of players that the previous manager was desperately underachieving with, then maybe it's not a case that our transfer targets haven't been good enough.... maybe the previous manager just wasn't good enough.... ???

As for Zielinski  -- I've no idea who he is or how good he is, but if Klopp and/or our scouts think he's better than what we have then I'm all for it :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: May 20, 2016 10:41:19 pm
      A fair thought...  But if you look at our upturn in form under Klopp paired with the fact he made it to 2 finals in his first 6 months, and all of this was done with the same group of players that the previous manager was desperately underachieving with, then maybe it's not a case that our transfer targets haven't been good enough.... maybe the previous manager just wasn't good enough.... ???

As for Zielinski  -- I've no idea who he is or how good he is, but if Klopp and/or our scouts think he's better than what we have then I'm all for it :)

The gaffer does not really have a history of going out and buying world class, he like to mold them not buy them pre-made.

Quick Reply