Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44887 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #138: Jun 17, 2016 03:11:41 pm
      Grzegorz Krychowiak (had to Google the spelling ;D)

Krychowiak is a gem in that #6 role. Have seem him play quite a few times over the last couple of seasons. After the dual exit of Kondogbia and Medel in 2013, the DM duties fell on Iborra and Mbia. Krychowiak came in and partnered Mbia straight away, Iborra was moved into an advanced role, Daniel Carriço who was originally signed as a DM became a CB. He scored their equalizer in the 2015 Europa final and was in the La Liga's 2014-15 team of the season.

Emery was instrumental in not letting him go to Arsenal who later signed Elneny, and now Xhaka. If we were to bid for someone like Krychowiak, Can could our #8 and Krychowiak our #6!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #139: Jun 19, 2016 10:03:04 pm
      According to Ben Smith this signing should be completed this week and he's due to play in Tuesdays game for Poland  ;D

Be good to get a look at him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #140: Jun 19, 2016 10:06:33 pm
      According to Ben Smith this signing should be completed this week and he's due to play in Tuesdays game for Poland  ;D

Be good to get a look at him.

As I said all along (on May 15th :lmao: ) he'd sign next week... didn't say which next week that would be :D

I'll have to try and catch that game, seems to me while it's been a rocky this one that Jürgen gave him plenty of assurances, highly recommended from Buvac, or so rumours have it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #141: Jun 19, 2016 10:14:42 pm
      As I said all along (on May 15th :lmao: ) he'd sign next week... didn't say which next week that would be :D

I'll have to try and catch that game, seems to me while it's been a rocky this one that Jürgen gave him plenty of assurances, highly recommended from Buvac, or so rumours have it.

It's not helped him picking up a knock mate and yeah it's got Buvac written all over it this signing.

I think everyone's coming back to work this week aren't they, those not involved in Internationals I mean?  We start pre season games in less than 3 weeks.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #142: Jun 19, 2016 10:17:19 pm
      I think everyone's coming back to work this week aren't they, those not involved in Internationals I mean?  We start pre season games in less than 3 weeks.

Comes around fast doesn't it?!

I know some are enjoying the Euros, not a fan of international footy myself, generally bores me to death. I'd prefer to watch one of our friendlies so can't wait.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #143: Jun 19, 2016 10:35:41 pm
      Comes around fast doesn't it?!

I know some are enjoying the Euros, not a fan of international footy myself, generally bores me to death. I'd prefer to watch one of our friendlies so can't wait.

Yeah can't wait Luke. 

I know a lot of youngsters will be featuring, especially in the early ones but for a change we've got quite a few seniors not involved in the Internationals so the friendlies should see a nice mix of newbies, youngsters and regulars.

Karius, Fulton, George, Flanno, Lovren, Sakho, Matip, Moreno, Gomez, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Brannagan, Ibe, Ojo, Canos, Kent, Firmino, Ings, Grujic and probably a few other youngsters that haven't featured yet like Lloyd Jones, Allan, Gomes, Phillips etc could all be involved.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #144: Jun 19, 2016 10:45:30 pm
      Karius, Fulton, George, Flanno, Lovren, Sakho, Matip, Moreno, Gomez, Smith, Stewart, Chirivella, Brannagan, Ibe, Ojo, Canos, Kent, Firmino, Ings, Grujic and probably a few other youngsters that haven't featured yet like Lloyd Jones, Allan, Gomes, Phillips etc could all be involved.

Yep it's a really good list for us for a change, I know some will see it as less quality as we have less away on international duty but likes of Ings, Karius, Matip this will be fantastic. I know a lot of people discount the meaning of friendlies and I understand that but I suppose with it being Jürgen's first pre-season and us having so many players basically starting out (Gomez and Ings feel like new signings) it has that air of excitement about it.

I for one think there's plenty to glean from it and I'm looking forward to it. Gutted the way our season finished and keen to start a fresh.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #145: Jun 19, 2016 11:00:44 pm
      Yep it's a really good list for us for a change, I know some will see it as less quality as we have less away on international duty but likes of Ings, Karius, Matip this will be fantastic. I know a lot of people discount the meaning of friendlies and I understand that but I suppose with it being Jürgen's first pre-season and us having so many players basically starting out (Gomez and Ings feel like new signings) it has that air of excitement about it.

I for one think there's plenty to glean from it and I'm looking forward to it. Gutted the way our season finished and keen to start a fresh.

Didn't we have the most players away than any other PL Club?

Yeah it's a great list mate and it's possible we'll also have Mane and Chilwell by then too.  I know we have most of our starting midfield and attackers away but apart from Clyne we have our whole defense to get to work on and it's a fantastic opportunity for some of the younger midfield and attackers to really showcase their stuff too.

We might need them for the start of the season if England and Belgium go far in the Euros.  Imagine Stewart and Branners/Grujic in the midfield 2 against Arsenal 1st game, there'd be uproar even though we'd have a solid keeper and defense behind them and Cou, Firmino, Ibe/Ojo/Mane and Ings up front  :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #146: Jun 19, 2016 11:07:43 pm
      Hope he starts on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what type of player he is. From checking out the YT vids, I'm getting the Iniesta vibe rather than a CM.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #147: Jun 19, 2016 11:18:48 pm
      Didn't we have the most players away than any other PL Club?

I'll bow to your knowledge Debs, I have got a clue if I'm honest, feels like less to me is all.

Hope he starts on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what type of player he is. From checking out the YT vids, I'm getting the Iniesta vibe rather than a CM.

High praise mate and FWIW I agree in terms of out wide rather than central, more from the right side though was what I felt but hey if he turns out to even be 80% as good as Iniesta we're on a winner there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #148: Jun 19, 2016 11:37:11 pm
      High praise mate and FWIW I agree in terms of out wide rather than central, more from the right side though was what I felt but hey if he turns out to even be 80% as good as Iniesta we're on a winner there.

Sorry, when I mentioned Iniesta vibe, what I meant is, he looks a similar type of player.

Anyway, If he is what we think he is (AMC/false 11/7? :D), then I'm struggling to see why we bought him as I genuinely think we are good for those positions. We have, Markovic(?), Ojo, Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho, adding to that, we have Ings and Origi who could fill in the inside wide forward roles if necessary... oh, and we are looking into a quick wide player too?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #149: Jun 19, 2016 11:45:11 pm
      I'll bow to your knowledge Debs, I have got a clue if I'm honest, feels like less to me is all.

I read about that what Debs was saying (having more players on international duty). Mignolet, Ward, Clyne, Skrtel, Can, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Benteke, Origi and Sturridge. We have THIRTEEN players in total currently involved in major tournaments. When you think about how Sakho and Lovren should really be part of their national teams too, that's a hell of a long list. It doesn't feel like we have so many away because quite a few of them have been sat on the bench, featuring very little.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #150: Jun 20, 2016 12:16:42 am
      Sorry, when I mentioned Iniesta vibe, what I meant is, he looks a similar type of player.

Anyway, If he is what we think he is (AMC/false 11/7? :D), then I'm struggling to see why we bought him as I genuinely think we are good for those positions. We have, Markovic(?), Ojo, Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho, adding to that, we have Ings and Origi who could fill in the inside wide forward roles if necessary... oh, and we are looking into a quick wide player too?

I get this feeling, not quite as strong as the Suarez one but it's nagging that Cou wont be with us next season mate. I'm not saying Zielinski is his replacement or anything like that but the cover in those positions may not look as strong in a few weeks.

In either case though competition for places, real competition, can only be a good thing. If Zielinski is recommended by Buvac then I'm more than happy we're getting him.

I read about that what Debs was saying (having more players on international duty). Mignolet, Ward, Clyne, Skrtel, Can, Allen, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Benteke, Origi and Sturridge. We have THIRTEEN players in total currently involved in major tournaments. When you think about how Sakho and Lovren should really be part of their national teams too, that's a hell of a long list. It doesn't feel like we have so many away because quite a few of them have been sat on the bench, featuring very little.

Think in terms of why it feels less you've hit the nail on the head.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #151: Jun 21, 2016 04:27:06 pm
      Starts today.

Right in a 4-4-2?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #152: Jun 21, 2016 04:31:07 pm

Excellent I'll give him a watch. If he doesn't get a hat trick though that's it!  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #153: Jun 21, 2016 04:47:12 pm
      Excellent I'll give him a watch. If he doesn't get a hat trick though that's it!  :lmao:

This guy better look exceptional or world class.. otherwise im gonna lose my sh*t!! :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #154: Jun 21, 2016 04:55:30 pm

Where the freak is this game being shown????

I want to watch this kid play!!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #155: Jun 21, 2016 05:09:48 pm
      Where the freak is this game being shown????

I want to watch this kid play!!!!

If it's Bbc then it will be on bbc4

Or red button option

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #156: Jun 21, 2016 05:14:16 pm
      If it's Bbc then it will be on bbc4

I've found it mate, it's on the red button but Paul wants to watch NI so I'll have to wait till the highlights come on later  :f_steam:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #157: Jun 21, 2016 06:11:53 pm
      Just come off.

Zero involvement but Poland scored seconds later. Good luck charm :f_tongueincheek:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #158: Jun 21, 2016 06:29:03 pm
      Did nothing apart from a couple of tackles was totally anonymous.

Worrying.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #159: Jun 21, 2016 06:49:43 pm
      Did nothing apart from a couple of tackles was totally anonymous.

Worrying.

Yeah a bit like Ronaldo.  ;)
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #160: Jun 21, 2016 08:26:59 pm

Thank goodness you're not a scout.  :lmao:

Quick Reply