Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44888 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #184: Jul 02, 2016 01:12:35 pm
      So... as of now, is he Jürgen's primary or second choice central midfield target; what do we reckon?  :laugh:

Either way, we look to be missing out on both of them. Time to move on to another target.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #185: Jul 02, 2016 01:17:50 pm
      Time to move on to another target.
      Jürgen probably didn't want him anyhow - 'just journalist speculating' and all that.  :laugh:

Teasing aside - they're just looking for more money and rather than being "dirty bas**rds", they are doing exactly what "Jürgen" is doing with Palace over Christian.  ;) 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #186: Jul 02, 2016 01:21:16 pm
      Jürgen probably didn't want him anyhow - 'just journalist speculating' and all that.  :laugh:

Teasing aside - they're just looking for more money and rather than being "dirty bas**rds", they are doing exactly what "Jürgen" is doing with Palace over Christian.  ;) 

Apart from we haven't accepted the exact same offer from another club. It's dirty tactics. Tell 'em to F**k off and Zielinski can stay there.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #187: Jul 02, 2016 01:21:43 pm
      All signs pointing to retaining Allen
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #188: Jul 02, 2016 01:26:08 pm
      All signs pointing to retaining Allen

I'd rather Allen than Zielinski tbh. Hopefully Allen decides to accept a new contract should we offer him one.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #189: Jul 02, 2016 01:32:10 pm
      Apart from we haven't accepted the exact same offer from another club. It's dirty tactics. Tell 'em to F**k off and Zielinski can stay there.
      Or bid F***ing higher... which is what they F***ing want. Accepting a F***ing bid from another F***ing club makes no F***ing difference. If Palace bid £35m and we agreed then Chelsea came in with £40m - LFC, you and I dare say no one F***ing else would F***ing whine.  :P

Again... effing, blinding [and teasing] aside - if you or anyone wants to be a hypocrite then work away my friend... work away.  8)

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #190: Jul 02, 2016 01:39:11 pm
      Or bid F***ing higher... which is what they F***ing want. Accepting a F***ing bid from another F***ing club makes no F***ing difference. If Palace bid £35m and we agreed then Chelsea came in with £40m - LFC, you and I dare say no one F***ing else would F***ing whine.  :P

Again... effing, blinding [and teasing] aside - if you or anyone wants to be a hypocrite then work away my friend... work away.  8)

I don't think you know the entire situation, based on your post it's clear.

Napoli had a bid accepted, we made the same bid but because they were pissed off (for no reason) regarding the Sinclair deal to Watford they're trying to charge us more. That Benteke situation doesn't come close to relating to this one.

You can F**k off calling me a hypocrite too.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #191: Jul 02, 2016 01:44:54 pm
      I'd rather Allen than Zielinski tbh. Hopefully Allen decides to accept a new contract should we offer him one.

Agree.. strongly! Unless we can tempt Gladbach with a 30m offer for Dahoud, I can see niether coming.. would rather retain Allen. but if the lad doesnt wanna sign a new contract and wants to move on, that would be totally understandable too!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #192: Jul 02, 2016 02:20:44 pm
      Napoli had a bid accepted, we made the same bid but because they were pissed off (for no reason) regarding the Sinclair deal to Watford they're trying to charge us more. That Benteke situation doesn't come close to relating to this one.
      So... Is it that they do want more but only from us which angers you? Is your advice, to Jürgen, really that he should miss out on a player he wants because he should be angry?  :-\

I'll ask you again: if the same situation arose with LFC "Jürgen" wanting more, for Christian, from Chelsea (for eg) "for no reason": would you be angry with "Jürgen" - yes or no?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #193: Jul 02, 2016 04:07:44 pm
      So... Is it that they do want more but only from us which angers you? Is your advice, to Jürgen, really that he should miss out on a player he wants because he should be angry?  :-\

I'll ask you again: if the same situation arose with LFC "Jürgen" wanting more, for Christian, from Chelsea (for eg) "for no reason": would you be angry with "Jürgen" - yes or no?

No one has had a bid accepted for Benteke.

We offered the same as Napoli and they rejected our offer, whilst accepting Napoli's.

Them's be cu*ts over there. Bin 'em off and move on to another target.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #194: Jul 02, 2016 04:55:38 pm
      I'm getting a bit confused by this "move onto another target" stuff. Was Dahoud our first target and Zeilinsky our second, or was it the other way around or was it that we wanted them both? If we're now saying that a "move onto another target" is the go, surely at some point we must also consider saying "ah bugger it we might as well just keep Joe Allen"?

It's just a hunch, but if Joe was called Joel Allenzki and had played for Poland in the same way he's played for Wales, we'd all be over the moon about us potentially signing him. Is this Zeilinski bloke really a better player?

And last question, how many "targets" do people think Jürgen has got for the midfield slot? Does he have like eight or so in descending quality, or have we used them up with two? If he hasn't got quite a few if I was him I'd get doing some research. Otherwise the committee might "help him out" a bit in a moment of Ballotelli like charity, before he knows what's happening we'll be tying up a deal for Wes Hoolihan. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #195: Jul 02, 2016 05:03:34 pm
      I'm getting a bit confused by this "move onto another target" stuff. Was Dahoud our first target and Zeilinsky our second, or was it the other way around or was it that we wanted them both? If we're now saying that a "move onto another target" is the go, surely at some point we must also consider saying "ah bugger it we might as well just keep Joe Allen"?

It's just a hunch, but if Joe was called Joel Allenzki and had played for Poland in the same way he's played for Wales, we'd all be over the moon about us potentially signing him. Is this Zeilinski bloke really a better player?

And last question, how many "targets" do people think Jürgen has got for the midfield slot? Does he have like eight or so in descending quality, or have we used them up with two? If he hasn't got quite a few if I was him I'd get doing some research. Otherwise the committee might "help him out" a bit in a moment of Ballotelli like charity, before he knows what's happening we'll be tying up a deal for Wes Hoolihan. 

Depends who you read and believe.

We don't know sh*t until a bid is made that our interest is real and not journo-speak. The rest is up to people to squabble over.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #196: Jul 02, 2016 05:30:26 pm

Considering Allen is something like 3-4th choice as a CM I would prefer someone who is a first choice starter, agree with others Zielinsky is a bit underwhelming and in effect why replace a squad player with another squad player   :-\

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #197: Jul 02, 2016 05:56:54 pm
      This is a genuine question because I've not seen much of him but can someone tell me what he brings to the table that Joe Allen does not? There's talk now that if we can't get Zelinski, we won't sell Allen but if they're like-for-like, I'd sooner keep Joe and put Zelinski's money towards a top signing.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #198: Jul 02, 2016 06:20:40 pm
      This is a genuine question because I've not seen much of him but can someone tell me what he brings to the table that Joe Allen does not? There's talk now that if we can't get Zelinski, we won't sell Allen but if they're like-for-like, I'd sooner keep Joe and put Zelinski's money towards a top signing.

I don't think Zielinski is/was considered a top choice if for this season and never was; from what I have heard if Allen wants to stay then he would be welcome but the club understands that he may want to be a starting XI player and Klopp told all players that if they see a better future for themselves (Honestly Joe Allen deserves to be starting somewhere) then the club would help the facilitate a move.

So if Allen is happy coming off the bench then it will be Can-Henderson-Allen-Grujic-Stewart.

If Allen leaves it would be Can-Henderson-Grujic-Zielinski/Stewart.

Gladbach do not want to sell Dahoud for 25 million or 30 million as they are not hurting for cash, and they have CL qualifiers and is now they're most experienced mid-fielder.

I think Zielinski was a target; don't think he was a massive priority because if he was then they would have sorted it out just like they did with Mane, Grujic, Matip & Karius. The press releases and the pictures with him in an LFC kit was all a bit orchestrated by his agent to continue interest and bid up the player. I believe the player wants to come to LFC more so than the club is desperate to get him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #199: Jul 02, 2016 06:38:39 pm
      Why should we pay more then udinese? They rejected our exact same bid, think it's time to move on.

I know Jürgen wants him but Jürgen maybe likes another midfielder out there.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #200: Jul 02, 2016 07:22:44 pm
      Considering Allen is something like 3-4th choice as a CM I would prefer someone who is a first choice starter, agree with others Zielinsky is a bit underwhelming and in effect why replace a squad player with another squad player   :-\

I don't see Zielinski being 1st choice. From the little I've seen, he likes to run with the ball from a midfield 3, aren't we after a player who can operate in a midfield 2? If we sign Zielinski then we're still crying out for a top CM who can sit and keep the game ticking by or at least protect the back 4.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #201: Jul 02, 2016 07:36:36 pm
      I don't see Zielinski being 1st choice. From the little I've seen, he likes to run with the ball from a midfield 3, aren't we after a player who can operate in a midfield 2? If we sign Zielinski then we're still crying out for a top CM who can sit and keep the game ticking by or at least protect the back 4.

I'm curious, has there been an attacking midfielder that has successfully played in a midfield 2 over the last few years? Most, if not all attacking midfielders operate better in a midfield 3 or further up the pitch, don't they? Also, does anyone know if Dahoud was an actual CM player along side Xhaka?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #202: Jul 02, 2016 08:03:24 pm
      I don't think Zielinski is/was considered a top choice if for this season and never was; from what I have heard if Allen wants to stay then he would be welcome but the club understands that he may want to be a starting XI player and Klopp told all players that if they see a better future for themselves (Honestly Joe Allen deserves to be starting somewhere) then the club would help the facilitate a move.

So if Allen is happy coming off the bench then it will be Can-Henderson-Allen-Grujic-Stewart.

If Allen leaves it would be Can-Henderson-Grujic-Zielinski/Stewart.

Gladbach do not want to sell Dahoud for 25 million or 30 million as they are not hurting for cash, and they have CL qualifiers and is now they're most experienced mid-fielder.

I think Zielinski was a target; don't think he was a massive priority because if he was then they would have sorted it out just like they did with Mane, Grujic, Matip & Karius. The press releases and the pictures with him in an LFC kit was all a bit orchestrated by his agent to continue interest and bid up the player. I believe the player wants to come to LFC more so than the club is desperate to get him.

That isn't what I asked though. What does he bring to the table that we're lacking with our current playing staff? From what I've seen over most of the last season, and through the Euros, it should be a case of who partners Allen in the centre of midfield. So what does this guy have about him that's better than Allen or anyone else currently in the squad? This isn't an Allen thing, I'm just wondering what this lad will add because I'm genuinely unsure what he brings. From what little I've seen, at best he's a squad signing, at worst we're trading down.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #203: Jul 02, 2016 08:30:02 pm
      who partners Allen in the centre of midfield.

Joe Ledley?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #204: Jul 02, 2016 08:53:52 pm

Yeah, with Ramsey in the attacking midfield role, sometimes he pushes up into that #10 position which effectively makes it a 2 man midfield.

Edit: We play 3 CB's, so it gives our 2 midfielders (especially Allen) that extra assurance at the back which allows him to play more freely.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2016 09:58:11 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #205: Jul 02, 2016 09:57:29 pm
      it should be a case of who partners Allen in the centre of midfield. So what does this guy have about him that's better than Allen

Well if Joe was a starting XI then I assume it would be him and Emre, as he is not a starting XI if he stays I guess he will partner with whoever Klopp left on the pitch.

Joe want's starting first team football and rightly so he deserves it but by all looks he is not going to get it with LFC so the manager will either help him find a club where he can fulfill his desires or Joe will decide that coming from the bench for a club such as Liverpool FC is fine with him and if that was the case he would probably get a new contract.

Jürgen is not going to force Joe Allen to stay for the remaining of his one year contract if Joe want's to go and play every week, conversely the gaffer is not going to play Joe Allen every week just to keep him happy....Ball is pretty much in Joe's court.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #206: Jul 02, 2016 10:00:51 pm
      I'd much rather see Allen and Can than Can and Hendo or Can and this Zielinski fellow.

Quick Reply