Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44767 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #207: Jul 02, 2016 11:28:45 pm
      Well if Joe was a starting XI then I assume it would be him and Emre, as he is not a starting XI if he stays I guess he will partner with whoever Klopp left on the pitch.

Joe want's starting first team football and rightly so he deserves it but by all looks he is not going to get it with LFC so the manager will either help him find a club where he can fulfill his desires or Joe will decide that coming from the bench for a club such as Liverpool FC is fine with him and if that was the case he would probably get a new contract.

Jürgen is not going to force Joe Allen to stay for the remaining of his one year contract if Joe want's to go and play every week, conversely the gaffer is not going to play Joe Allen every week just to keep him happy....Ball is pretty much in Joe's court.

Yes, great but what does Zelinski bring. That's the question. I'm not trying to be funny with this, not trying to make it an Allen vs. Zelinski thread, I'd simply like to know what he brings that we don't already have? I don't like Mane but at least I can see what he brings differently to the table. With Zelinski I have no idea. He looks to be a squad signing which is the last thing we need. So can someone please enlighten me on what it is Zelinski brings to the table?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #208: Jul 02, 2016 11:32:39 pm
      Yes, great but what does Zelinski bring. That's the question. I'm not trying to be funny with this, not trying to make it an Allen vs. Zelinski thread, I'd simply like to know what he brings that we don't already have? I don't like Mane but at least I can see what he brings differently to the table. With Zelinski I have no idea. He looks to be a squad signing which is the last thing we need. So can someone please enlighten me on what it is Zelinski brings to the table?

Potential???
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #209: Jul 02, 2016 11:39:23 pm
      a good few points at scrabble and a few quid to the club if you want his name on the back of your shirt
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #210: Jul 03, 2016 12:13:15 am

Allen more than likely is not going to be here so your question is a bit of a mute point...not being a smart ass but the consensus is that Joe wants full time football, is entering probably his prime with the biggest payday and he does not fit into Klopps long term plan so Klopp & the club have told him they will do they're best to accommodate him for his service.

What Zielinski brings...honestly you have me on that one..other than he is young and the gaffer must see something, I myself do not but then I don't evaluate players for a living.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #211: Jul 03, 2016 12:17:30 am
      Seems Klopp likes Allen well enough, unless he was just BS'ing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/668362/Jürgen-Klopp-Liverpool-Joe-Allen-LFC-News
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #212: Jul 03, 2016 01:59:37 am
      Im still confused why people always think we should sell our good players to west ham?

HELLO! THEY COMPETE WITH US. THEY FINISHED ABOVE US.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #213: Jul 03, 2016 02:08:30 am
      Im still confused why people always think we should sell our good players to west ham?

HELLO! THEY COMPETE WITH US. THEY FINISHED ABOVE US.

What players have we sold to them that you wish we hadn't ???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #214: Jul 03, 2016 09:44:40 am
      LFC have had an £11.7m bid for Zielinski knocked back by Udinese, this despite the fact the club have accepted an identical offer from Serie A rivals Napoli.
      The player has expressed a desire to join LFC and is prepared to see out his contract and leave on a free in order to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36695597
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #215: Jul 03, 2016 10:12:28 am
      LFC have had an £11.7m bid for Zielinski knocked back by Udinese, this despite the fact the club have accepted an identical offer from Serie A rivals Napoli.
      The player has expressed a desire to join LFC and is prepared to see out his contract and leave on a free in order to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36695597

That'll be a long 2 year wait for him. We'd have moved on by then.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #216: Jul 03, 2016 11:53:48 am
      That'll be a long 2 year wait for him. We'd have moved on by then.

Be a kick up the arse for his club - let me decide my future or I'll waste your time and move on for free.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #217: Jul 03, 2016 12:20:41 pm
      Be a kick up the arse for his club - let me decide my future or I'll waste your time and move on for free.

OR, do your job and play out the contract that YOU agreed to.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #218: Jul 03, 2016 12:29:39 pm
      Having trouble getting my head round this if I'm honest....

Club agrees to sell player....   Check!

Lfc agree fee for said player..... Check!

Other club agrees fee for said player..
                                                               Check!
      Said player prefers Lfc option... Check!

Said player should kick his agent right up agents scrotum....                         Check?

Said player having medical at LFC...???

Agent checks condition of Scrotum!!

Job done?

YNWA
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #219: Jul 03, 2016 03:36:31 pm
      OR, do your job and play out the contract that YOU agreed to.

That's not it.  They accepted the same amount from Napoli, hence they are willing to sell.  They just know we have money to spend and are holding out for more....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #220: Jul 03, 2016 04:25:45 pm
      That's not it.  They accepted the same amount from Napoli, hence they are willing to sell.  They just know we have money to spend and are holding out for more....

That's their business, we would/should do the same as a club. He's their resource, far be it for us to tell them how they should do business with us.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #221: Jul 03, 2016 04:29:44 pm
      That's their business, we would/should do the same as a club. He's their resource, far be it for us to tell them how they should do business with us.

I don't disagree with that.  However, if the player knows a rival bid has been made and accepted, it is his right to decline that offer in preference of a move to the club of his choosing -- assuming that club matches the accepted valuation of the rival bid.

At the end of the day, we all know the outcome to this.  Zielinski will refuse Napoli, we will refuse to offer more, and Udinese will cash in for the original amount as they were already prepared to sell him for that amount....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #222: Jul 03, 2016 06:02:05 pm
      Time to move on and settle for Pogba or Kroos instead.

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #223: Jul 03, 2016 06:34:38 pm

I'd rather Cattermole, unreal talent  :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #224: Jul 03, 2016 09:27:01 pm
      I'd rather Cattermole, unreal talent  :roll:

He'd never come mate ...  :)
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #225: Jul 03, 2016 09:42:56 pm

;D I agree, why bother with unavailable player like Zielinski. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #226: Jul 07, 2016 05:22:50 pm
      Hmmm......

Udinese Sporting Director Nereo Bonato has claimed Liverpool have not submitted a bid for Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski.

Bonato is quoted by Inside Futbol saying Liverpool have ‘made contact’ with Udinese regarding their interest in the the 22-year-old, but an official offer has yet to be made.

Udinese’s Sporting Director claims the club have already reached an agreement with Napoli for the player, but Zielinski is holding out to see if Liverpool make an offer.

“The agreement with Napoli has been there for some time but the boy was taking a bit of time,” says Bonato.

“At this moment the boy and his agent need to sense where they stand as this is a crucial step. Liverpool have had a chat with us but there’s no real prospect for the player.

“If the boy understands that the interest from Liverpool is low, he could then decide to turn towards those who really want him.”

Bonato’s words contradict claims from several mainstream Liverpool reporters who last week reported that Liverpool had had a £12 million offer rejected.

Zielinski enjoyed a successful loan spell at Empoli over the last two seasons and has attracted the attention of several clubs, including AC Milan. His contract with Udinese expires in two years but it’s likely he’ll leave this summer.

It’s believed the midfielder prefers a move to Anfield but Napoli’s efforts seem to have been more insistent and it’s therefore possible he could make the switch to the San Paolo rather than Anfield.

After time away at the European Championships with Poland, the midfielder could be forgiven for taking his time over the decision but Bonato admitted he believes it’s time Zielinski made a decision on his future.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #227: Jul 08, 2016 06:00:07 pm
      Hmmm......

Udinese Sporting Director Nereo Bonato has claimed Liverpool have not submitted a bid for Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski.

Bonato is quoted by Inside Futbol saying Liverpool have ‘made contact’ with Udinese regarding their interest in the the 22-year-old, but an official offer has yet to be made.

Udinese’s Sporting Director claims the club have already reached an agreement with Napoli for the player, but Zielinski is holding out to see if Liverpool make an offer.

“The agreement with Napoli has been there for some time but the boy was taking a bit of time,” says Bonato.

“At this moment the boy and his agent need to sense where they stand as this is a crucial step. Liverpool have had a chat with us but there’s no real prospect for the player.

“If the boy understands that the interest from Liverpool is low, he could then decide to turn towards those who really want him.”

Bonato’s words contradict claims from several mainstream Liverpool reporters who last week reported that Liverpool had had a £12 million offer rejected.

Zielinski enjoyed a successful loan spell at Empoli over the last two seasons and has attracted the attention of several clubs, including AC Milan. His contract with Udinese expires in two years but it’s likely he’ll leave this summer.

It’s believed the midfielder prefers a move to Anfield but Napoli’s efforts seem to have been more insistent and it’s therefore possible he could make the switch to the San Paolo rather than Anfield.

After time away at the European Championships with Poland, the midfielder could be forgiven for taking his time over the decision but Bonato admitted he believes it’s time Zielinski made a decision on his future.

"Hmmm..." indeed FL.

Now who to believe; their sporting director who says we only made contact and no bid or a Reds fan who 'knows' that we made a bid which was exactly the same as Napoli's? Let me think...  :P

Boy but this sh*t can get confusing really quickly.  :lmao:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #228: Jul 10, 2016 11:57:26 pm
      At the end of the day, we all know the outcome to this.  Zielinski will refuse Napoli, we will refuse to offer more, and Udinese will cash in for the original amount as they were already prepared to sell him for that amount....
      Or he'll end up over in China.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #229: Jul 12, 2016 03:22:14 am
      some saying AC Milan have come in for him, this is clealry a case of a kid whos name has become a brand already, poor kid stuck in Italy where they'll feast on any and all transfers they can get for him.

Quick Reply