Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44808 times
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #230: Jul 15, 2016 06:49:54 pm
      Zielinskie's agent is pretty secretive lad. :roll:

Udinese-owned Poland international Piotr Zielinski is wanted by Milan, Napoli and Liverpool. “We’ve decided, but it’s a secret,” said his agent.

The midfielder impressed on loan at Empoli and for his country at Euro 2016, but has been close to all three clubs over a complex summer.

“I met owner Pozzo and spoke to Udinese today. We are trying to find the best solution both for the club and the player. We’ll see what happens next week,” agent Bartolomej Bolek told Gazzetta.it.

“We know that many offers reached Udinese for Zielinski. We’re talking to Pozzo and the interested clubs.

“After the Euros he went on vacation, as he needed to rest after a long season. He will return to Udine on July 22 or 23.”

Is it true that Liverpool have been tracking Zielinski for many weeks?

“It’s true, but I don’t like to talk about negotiations in the papers.”

According to reports, Liverpool haven’t actually made a formal offer, whereas Milan proposed €15m plus bonuses and Napoli bid €14m plus Juan Camilo Zuniga.

“I don’t know precisely what offers have been made to Udinese. In the meeting with Pozzo I analysed the situation and the requests.”

Napoli already confirmed Zielinski turned them down, so does he have a preference between Milan and Liverpool?

“We have already made our decision, but for the moment it’s a secret…”
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #231: Jul 15, 2016 07:03:20 pm

Udinese-owned Poland international Piotr Zielinski is wanted by Milan, Napoli and Liverpool. “We’ve decided, but it’s a secret,” said his agent.

The midfielder impressed on loan at Empoli and for his country at Euro 2016, but has been close to all three clubs over a complex summer.

“I met owner Pozzo and spoke to Udinese today. We are trying to find the best solution both for the club and the player. We’ll see what happens next week,” agent Bartolomej Bolek told Gazzetta.it.

“We know that many offers reached Udinese for Zielinski. We’re talking to Pozzo and the interested clubs.

“After the Euros he went on vacation, as he needed to rest after a long season. He will return to Udine on July 22 or 23.”

According to reports, Liverpool haven’t actually made a formal offer, whereas Milan proposed €15m plus bonuses and Napoli bid €14m plus Juan Camilo Zuniga.

“I don’t know precisely what offers have been made to Udinese. In the meeting with Pozzo I analysed the situation and the requests.”

Napoli already confirmed Zielinski turned them down, so does he have a preference between Milan and Liverpool?

It isn't that much of a secret when out of 3 teams, 1 hasn't bid and 1 has been rejected :D. That kind of leaves 1 team, Milan.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #232: Jul 15, 2016 07:08:35 pm
      It isn't that much of a secret when out of 3 teams, 1 hasn't bid and 1 has been rejected :D. That kind of leaves 1 team, Milan.
      But shhhh, it's a secret. ;)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #233: Jul 15, 2016 07:10:39 pm
      How the F**k did he exactly impress at the Euros? What kind of journalism is this?!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #234: Jul 15, 2016 09:38:19 pm

What moron wrote this trash? 'Impressed at the Euros' he had one appearance and was subbed at half time.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #235: Jul 15, 2016 09:41:26 pm
      What moron wrote this trash? 'Impressed at the Euros' he had one appearance and was subbed at half time.
      Don't know mate, I only read quotes. ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #236: Jul 15, 2016 09:43:18 pm
      Don't know mate, I only read quotes. ;)

We need to hunt them down :D
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #237: Jul 15, 2016 09:44:29 pm
      Is true. ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #238: Jul 15, 2016 09:56:07 pm

Scal Qaeda back in action!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #239: Jul 15, 2016 10:30:16 pm

I was just going to get you to do it mate, I give a fair price.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #240: Jul 16, 2016 10:44:19 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #241: Jul 16, 2016 10:58:05 am
      So I'm guessing all that talk about Klopp personally courting him are BS, can't imagine after talking to Klopp he'd want to play anywhere else.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #242: Jul 16, 2016 12:36:13 pm
      Not really bothered tbh! He doesnt look like someone who can play in a midfield 2.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #243: Jul 16, 2016 01:05:06 pm
      So,  we've been rejected by a player who isn't really anyone in the game yet. Who was playing for Empoli and was so desperate to play for us initially you couldn't stop him putting on a Liverpool short.

No one really wanted him so it doesn't matter?

Think this is a classic example of the long standing issue in our transfer business.

If he was back up for Dahoud and we've missed out on him because we spent so long 'monitoring' Dahoud then it's a shitshow.

If we really wanted him and yet somehow manage to not get it over the line from here then it's a shitshow too.

But let me guess, it's because he wasn't 'value' so the club (sorry Jürgen alone!!!) walked away.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #244: Jul 16, 2016 10:23:24 pm
      In fairness lads is there anyone of us really bothered about this. Lets hope the club give Joe Allen a new contract and give him games.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #245: Jul 16, 2016 10:31:40 pm
      So,  we've been rejected by a player who isn't really anyone in the game yet. Who was playing for Empoli and was so desperate to play for us initially you couldn't stop him putting on a Liverpool short.

No one really wanted him so it doesn't matter?

Think this is a classic example of the long standing issue in our transfer business.

If he was back up for Dahoud and we've missed out on him because we spent so long 'monitoring' Dahoud then it's a shitshow.

If we really wanted him and yet somehow manage to not get it over the line from here then it's a shitshow too.

But let me guess, it's because he wasn't 'value' so the club (sorry Jürgen alone!!!) walked away.

The thing is though, he's a different type of player to Dahoud based on what I've read and the small amounts I've seen so I don't know how one could be the back up for the other.

I think we're going to miss out on signing him because their owners have proven too difficult to deal with. Some reports say we bid the same amount as Napoli but whilst their offer got accepted, ours got rejected. Other reports say we didn't bid at all.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #246: Jul 17, 2016 10:41:46 pm

Mate, we bid the same amount as at least one other club (Napoli). We got rejected and their bid was accepted.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #247: Jul 17, 2016 10:48:58 pm
      Mate, we bid the same amount as at least one other club (Napoli). We got rejected and their bid was accepted.
      Player could have balked and refused the move if he really wanted us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #248: Jul 17, 2016 10:53:57 pm
      Player could have balked and refused the move if he really wanted us.

But if there's no sign of him being able to join us then that leaves him in limbo. I'm sure he'd rather join Milan than stay at Udinese.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #249: Jul 17, 2016 10:58:24 pm
      But if there's no sign of him being able to join us then that leaves him in limbo. I'm sure he'd rather join Milan than stay at Udinese.

Not sure what you mean? Press all said we'd made an offer and Klopp had personally approached him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #250: Jul 17, 2016 11:06:42 pm
      Not sure what you mean? Press all said we'd made an offer and Klopp had personally approached him.

I've seen reports saying we made a bid and some saying we didn't. The one's who said we made a bid also said it got rejected. We obviously don't want to be taken for a ride (25m for Wijnaldum would suggest otherwise) as Napoli had the same offer accepted.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #251: Jul 17, 2016 11:08:21 pm

Rejected Napoli at least twice to hold out on a move to us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #252: Jul 18, 2016 12:00:48 am
      Rejected Napoli at least twice to hold out on a move to us.

Or rejected them twice and used us to get a move to a club he really wanted all along?

Quick Reply