Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44765 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #23: May 21, 2016 09:33:05 am
      A fair thought...  But if you look at our upturn in form under Klopp paired with the fact he made it to 2 finals in his first 6 months, and all of this was done with the same group of players that the previous manager was desperately underachieving with, then maybe it's not a case that our transfer targets haven't been good enough.... maybe the previous manager just wasn't good enough.... ???

As for Zielinski  -- I've no idea who he is or how good he is, but if Klopp and/or our scouts think he's better than what we have then I'm all for it :)

This guy has been personally scouted for the last year by Buvac who I understand has unearthed some real gems over the years.

Obviously there's no guarantee he'll be a hit but he must see something that Jürgen can work with, even if we can't.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: May 21, 2016 10:27:43 am
      The gaffer does not really have a history of going out and buying world class, he like to mold them not buy them pre-made.

Just thinking, who is the biggest profile player he has bought? Maybe Reus from Gladbach at the time?

If people are hoping he buys top class talent immediately and consistently, you're probably going to be disappointed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2016 11:06:39 am
      Just thinking, who is the biggest profile player he has bought? Maybe Reus from Gladbach at the time?

If people are hoping he buys top class talent immediately and consistently, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Been saying this since he arrived mate.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #26: May 21, 2016 02:15:00 pm

Reus, Auba, Mkhitaryan would classify as the high profile buys! Others were made stars at Dortmund!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2016 02:24:21 pm
      Reus, Auba, Mkhitaryan would classify as the high profile buys! Others were made stars at Dortmund!

Even then, Mkhisisbtbajtayran was from Shakhtar and Auba from St.Ettiene.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28: May 21, 2016 04:47:29 pm
      Even then, Mkhisisbtbajtayran was from Shakhtar and Auba from St.Ettiene.

Yeah at the time young players with great potential but high profile? nah.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2016 06:27:17 pm
      Yeah at the time young players with great potential but high profile? nah.

Going to make for a lot of debate when we have so many youngsters in the team.

Just imagine the dick-swinging contests about whether Zielinski is a better right sided raumdeuter, a central trequartista or an advanced playmaker ;D
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #30: May 21, 2016 10:53:01 pm

Definitely Reus. Bayern wanted him at the time as well and he had a brilliant season at Gladbach before moving (perhaps even his best ever season).
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31: May 26, 2016 08:00:36 am
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #32: May 26, 2016 11:46:04 am

Wouldn't lose sleep over this, if Dahoud is our #1 target!
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #33: May 26, 2016 12:02:33 pm

Sounds like his agent is trying to stir up as much interest as possible to secure the best move for his client  most lucrative deal for himself.....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34: May 27, 2016 08:45:39 am
      Sounds like his agent is trying to stir up as much interest as possible to secure the best move for his client  most lucrative deal for himself.....

Dunno mate. Sounds to me like the bloke wants 45K a week and he'd have signed two months ago, we've offered him 17K a week and now we might not get him.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #35: May 27, 2016 10:36:52 am
      Dunno mate. Sounds to me like the bloke wants 45K a week and he'd have signed two months ago, we've offered him 17K a week and now we might not get him.

Where do you get that from?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36: May 27, 2016 04:19:20 pm

I just made it up  :lmao:. Seriously I did, but it's happened to us many times before so it's not a bad guess.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #37: May 27, 2016 04:28:19 pm
      I just made it up  :lmao:. Seriously I did, but it's happened to us many times before so it's not a bad guess.

:lmao:

You had me going with that one Mick
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #38: May 28, 2016 01:45:22 pm
      A fair thought...  But if you look at our upturn in form under Klopp paired with the fact he made it to 2 finals in his first 6 months, and all of this was done with the same group of players that the previous manager was desperately underachieving with, then maybe it's not a case that our transfer targets haven't been good enough.... maybe the previous manager just wasn't good enough
      Sorry for the late reply Harry (I was away).

Yeah Harry we made it to two finals and we scored more goals but the truth is - that we finished with less points and two positions below where we were the previous season under a manager who, you say, "just wasn't good enough". So to suggest we had an "upturn in form under Klopp" is based only on your opinion (and is subjective at best)... nothing else.

Listen; there will be arsewipes who will purposely miss the point here so I'll make it clear - I am happy we have Jürgen as our manager and I am happy with what I saw this season [all things considered] but I'll be fu**ed sideways if I'm going to let my admiration of the man get in the way of the truth (as I see it) which, in this case, is this 'signing' being in line with Company policy.

Although I hope to see a change of tack before Summer's end - I am yet to see any evidence of any change to what went before. I'll stand over what I said initially.

Reus, Auba, Mkhitaryan would classify as the high profile buys!

That Immobile bloke A Zed... the floppiest of all F***ing flops... was very high profile at the time but I can appreciate how easy it is for everyone to forget that particular episode. Then again; he was probably a Buvac signing; eh?   :laugh:

Serious question [I haven't been keeping up] - has Buvac been seconded onto the Transfer Committee? (It'll be nice to know who we are going to blame if, Lord forbid Jürgen can not get the best out of a player a player turns out to be poor).  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2016 08:27:18 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39: May 28, 2016 03:52:03 pm
      Looks like this is back on!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: May 28, 2016 08:28:35 pm

Oh goody, goody, gumdrops.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #41: May 29, 2016 02:39:28 pm
      Never seen him play aside from youtube clips, as I am sure most of us haven't. Whoscored has him as the second best U23 player in the serie A this season after Dybala. Any analytics buffs know how good whoscored's formula is for midfielders? (I know its good for Forwards and sh*te for defenders).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #42: May 30, 2016 06:23:36 pm
      Social media going on about this one, on one minute, off the next. Although did read that Napoli are now supposed to be sniffing around after his signature.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #43: May 30, 2016 07:03:20 pm
      Social media going on about this one, on one minute, off the next. Although did read that Napoli are now supposed to be sniffing around after his signature.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/737337667667566593
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #44: May 30, 2016 07:26:22 pm
      Klopp Gives Zielinkski Assurances That a Deal Will Be Made Despite Udinese's €13m Demands

Liverpool have reportedly backed off from a deal for Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinkski after failing to agree a price with Udinese, according to​ reports in Italy.

Jürgen Klopp's side were reportedly close to signing the 22-year old ​earlier this week, but have hit a stumbling block as Udinese have remained firm on their €13 million asking price.

According to ​Mondo Udinese, Klopp gave Zielinski his 'personal assurance' that a deal would be made. However, the length of time it has taken to iron out a deal has meant the player is prepared to move elsewhere in the summer.

Liverpool's hesitation to stump up €13 million for Zielinski has meant other clubs including Napoli and Watford are now interested in the Polish international.

Mondo Udinese conclude that a move to Liverpool has become an unlikely outcome for Zielinski, with ​Football Italia also reporting that Napoli have become firm favourites to sign the influential midfield dynamo.

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/737265230867222528

(Udinese are demanding €13m for Zielinski, and #LFC believe that's a bit too much for a player who is yet to establish himself.)

So it is pretty much a money issue. If Klopp really wants him, just pay the 2 or 3 million extra and get on with it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #45: May 30, 2016 07:33:06 pm

Something to do with the same family owning Udinese and Watford then both of them wanting Jerome Sinclair. They've since fell out with each other over it and us it seems, god knows how this concludes but it's a bit messy.

Quick Reply