Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44527 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #46: May 30, 2016 07:36:23 pm
      Maybe we have simply changed our midfield target to Dahoud.

We have Grujic so we only need one more CM and Dahoud has more potential.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #47: May 30, 2016 07:37:40 pm
      I'll front up here I dont know much about this player. In fact, what I assume I know comes from what I have read since we were linked.

Question: Could it be Zielinski and Dahoud or would it be either or?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #48: May 30, 2016 07:41:42 pm
      Now we'll see how much clout Klopp has with the transfer issues. Will he get his man, or will the powers that be pull the rug from under his feet for the sake of a couple of million ?
      If he insists on the player, will the financial guru's at the club stump up the extra cash, or will Klopp decide he can't work with an outfit that won't back his better judgement.
      There may be bigger implications to this behind closed doors, or does Klopp just think the player isn't worth the extra dosh ?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: May 30, 2016 07:48:22 pm
      Maybe we have simply changed our midfield target to Dahoud.

We have Grujic so we only need one more CM and Dahoud has more potential.

Granted I've only watched youtube clips of this lad but I saw him more as a wide player and with perhaps Mane coming in our plans have changed. In truth we don't and probably wont know what has gone on but the whole Sinclair business does seem to have upset some people, not sure who was at fault for that but in general I f**king hate us dealing with Italian clubs!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #50: May 30, 2016 08:10:30 pm
      13m euros? How much is that in real money? Probably less than we paid for Borini or Allen in reality. How F***ing tight??
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: May 30, 2016 08:34:16 pm
      13m euros? How much is that in real money? Probably less than we paid for Borini or Allen in reality. How F***ing tight??

In real money? Am I guessing that euros are the equivalent to monopoly money? :D

In pounds it's just under £10m.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #52: May 30, 2016 08:56:22 pm
      In real money? Am I guessing that euros are the equivalent to monopoly money? :D

In pounds it's just under £10m.

Less than monopoly money 😁
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #53: May 30, 2016 09:11:40 pm
      Never f*cking heard of him.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: May 30, 2016 10:01:06 pm
      Ha ha ha... very few, excluding our scouts, have buddy.

I guess the lad could be anything but surely (if he's highly enough thought of, that is) the stories about the deal breaking down, over the money mentioned, just simply can not be true.

Assuming that we aren't just out to fill the squad but to buy actual starters and assuming this kid is good enough to start then... €13m doesn't seem like a big price to pay - it's not like we are broke. Like I say: it doesn't ring true (on many levels).

Then again: I suppose it is possible he's seen only as a squad filler and only worth a punt at £Xm.  :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: May 31, 2016 03:45:55 am
      Now we'll see how much clout Klopp has with the transfer issues. Will he get his man, or will the powers that be pull the rug from under his feet for the sake of a couple of million ?
      If he insists on the player, will the financial guru's at the club stump up the extra cash, or will Klopp decide he can't work with an outfit that won't back his better judgement.
      There may be bigger implications to this behind closed doors, or does Klopp just think the player isn't worth the extra dosh ?

How can you post this off the back of one article from a random source?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: May 31, 2016 11:21:52 am

Not really. Klopp knows full well just how much money has been wasted at this club over the last few years so maybe he is only prepared to have players that really justify the money paid, whether it's £30mill or £3mill. The price being talked about for this guy isn't a massive amount in the market nowadays but them sort of prices are easily another Luis Alberto, Ilori, Aspas etc. I'd rather Klopp be tight with the money and spend it wisely than pay for the sake of it.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #57: May 31, 2016 02:19:43 pm
      Not really. Klopp knows full well just how much money has been wasted at this club over the last few years so maybe he is only prepared to have players that really justify the money paid, whether it's £30mill or £3mill. The price being talked about for this guy isn't a massive amount in the market nowadays but them sort of prices are easily another Luis Alberto, Ilori, Aspas etc. I'd rather Klopp be tight with the money and spend it wisely than pay for the sake of it.

Completely understand your sentiments on this potential transfer, but given his age and that Jürgen apparently wants him to be a starter, then 10m or under is really not breaking the bank. Wouldn't know who he is likely to replace, but with that sell on fee, we really are talking little money.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: May 31, 2016 04:28:41 pm
      Weak source but that would be some great photoshopping to change the shirt like that!

I've no idea when he did this but some neat skills in the vid too but he's against a bit of a 'Mig' in goal.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3274397-piotr-zielinski-drops-biggest-hint-yet-that-liverpool-deal-is-done-in-new-video?a_aid=35322
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #59: May 31, 2016 05:37:33 pm
      I've no idea when he did this but some neat skills in the vid too but he's against a bit of a 'Mig' in goal.

The video was uploaded to Youtube the 16th of May, so it's before the news got out that there were problems with the transfer fee. There were a few photos with him wearing the shirt aswell. From what I've read, he had set his mind on a Liverpool transfer and now there are rumours that he would rather stay in Italy. Can't believe anything they say these days, unless it's from the reliable journalists...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: May 31, 2016 06:24:03 pm
      The video was uploaded to Youtube the 16th of May, so it's before the news got out that there were problems with the transfer fee. There were a few photos with him wearing the shirt aswell. From what I've read, he had set his mind on a Liverpool transfer and now there are rumours that he would rather stay in Italy. Can't believe anything they say these days, unless it's from the reliable journalists...

Too true Danzel, nice check on the date mate, cheers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #61: May 31, 2016 06:45:55 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Jürgen. In order to buy a player, you have to:

First find one that nobody else wants. If anybody else does want him, you'll get outbid on either transfer fee, salary, or both.

Second, get it past the transfer committee. Be prepared for them saying "Nah you don't want him. What you really need is Balotelli".

Third, cross your fingers that Ian Ayre isn't doing the negotiating. Funnily enough, if it's a transfer committee pick it tends to get sorted fairly quick. If on the their hand it's your pick Jürgen, be prepared for the "Sorry Jürgen we tried everything but they wouldn't budge" line.

Fourth, know that if it's your pick, whatever the layer or the club wants in terms of wages and fees we will lowball like a lunatic.

If you get past all those hurdles, you've got yourself a player! If you don't, don't worry we've got,our eye on a really cheap alternative which will keep some funds back for the mid season window.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #62: May 31, 2016 07:11:21 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Jürgen. In order to buy a player, you have to:

First find one that nobody else wants. If anybody else does want him, you'll get outbid on either transfer fee, salary, or both.

Second, get it past the transfer committee. Be prepared for them saying "Nah you don't want him. What you really need is Balotelli".

Third, cross your fingers that Ian Ayre isn't doing the negotiating. Funnily enough, if it's a transfer committee pick it tends to get sorted fairly quick. If on the their hand it's your pick Jürgen, be prepared for the "Sorry Jürgen we tried everything but they wouldn't budge" line.

Fourth, know that if it's your pick, whatever the layer or the club wants in terms of wages and fees we will lowball like a lunatic.

If you get past all those hurdles, you've got yourself a player! If you don't, don't worry we've got,our eye on a really cheap alternative which will keep some funds back for the mid season window.

You really believe Jürgen would have accepted this position under those restrictions? A manager that could basically have his pick of any position in the world that was open?

He said when he came the TC/Transfers were not an issue...it took 30 seconds to resolve and that he has total control of transfers.

The former Borussia Dortmund coach is keen to come but has told the club he will not bow down to the infamous Anfield transfer committee that has overseen so many poor incoming deals over the last two or three years.
      Klopp has told Liverpool that he is happy to take advice and recommendations on players but that he must have the final say.
      This is not a privilege that Rodgers has told friends was afforded to him during his time at the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260298/Jürgen-Klopp-demand-final-say-transfers-succeed-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-FC-manager.html#ixzz4AG5ne2P1
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But Klopp was adamant he had the last word on signings, although he accepted there were limits to his authority.

"If I say, for example, we take Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is 35, and we would have to pay £100 million ($142 million, 130 million euros) then maybe I should ask before I sign him," Klopp said Tuesday.

"But it is as it is when I said on the first day I came here; it is like I used to work.

"Sometimes my staff and myself have an idea with a player we know or heard about and we collect some information about this.

"If I don't want the player to come here he will not come and if the player I want does not fit our budget then he will not come too. That is absolutely normal."

http://www.supersport.com/football/barclays-premier-league/news/160119/Klopp_asserts_Liverpool_transfer_control

So is he lying to us and is just another FSG stoolie like his predecessor?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #63: Jun 01, 2016 11:00:42 am
      With no European football this deal is probably not going to happen now, I imagine he was going to be bought in as a squad player.
      So we move onto our first team target Dahoud.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Jun 09, 2016 07:44:51 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #65: Jun 09, 2016 08:05:00 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #66: Jun 09, 2016 08:08:35 pm

Barrett retweeting so might be something in it.

That is good and bad however as from what I have heard he was a contingency plan for Dahoud.
      Kopite78
      Reply #67: Jun 09, 2016 08:15:20 pm

Barrett retweeting so might be something in it.

All it says though is he wants the move, that his priority is to find a deal with us, not that he's our main priority

Likelyhood is we have sounded out a fair few signings, some as priority some as back up.. This lad we may have sounded out, he really wants the move and is holding out..

From our side it seems quiet.

We are a day away from the Euro's starting, I don't think many deals will be sorted at least for the first couple of weeks of it, until teams start dropping out

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #68: Jun 09, 2016 08:19:10 pm
      This could be tied to the potential Coutinho sale.  It's no secret that Klopp likes pacey wide players, but we currently have a trio of #10's -- Coutinho, Firmino, and Lallana.  Klopp seems to have a man crush on Firmino and Lallana, so Philippe could be the one to make way.  If he does it could be his sale that raises the money to sign our pacey wide player (Mane) as well as a potential replacement (Zielinski). 

The fact the lad wore a Liverpool kit in a video, along with reliable journos reporting our interest seems to suggest he is probably going to make the switch this summer. 

Quick Reply