Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 44804 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #69: Jun 09, 2016 08:31:49 pm
      This could be tied to the potential Coutinho sale.  It's no secret that Klopp likes pacey wide players, but we currently have a trio of #10's -- Coutinho, Firmino, and Lallana.  Klopp seems to have a man crush on Firmino and Lallana, so Philippe could be the one to make way.  If he does it could be his sale that raises the money to sign our pacey wide player (Mane) as well as a potential replacement (Zielinski). 

The fact the lad wore a Liverpool kit in a video, along with reliable journos reporting our interest seems to suggest he is probably going to make the switch this summer.

Kinda agree to that. If the Coutinho sale happens, we take that money to Southampton for Mane, Zielinski and Lallana would be the guys to fight it out for that right sided role.

I didnt feel a void when Torres and Sterling left, felt it when Suarez left and it'll be pretty heavy if Phil leaves!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #70: Jun 09, 2016 08:33:06 pm
      This could be tied to the potential Coutinho sale.  It's no secret that Klopp likes pacey wide players, but we currently have a trio of #10's -- Coutinho, Firmino, and Lallana.  Klopp seems to have a man crush on Firmino and Lallana, so Philippe could be the one to make way.  If he does it could be his sale that raises the money to sign our pacey wide player (Mane) as well as a potential replacement (Zielinski). 

The fact the lad wore a Liverpool kit in a video, along with reliable journos reporting our interest seems to suggest he is probably going to make the switch this summer. 

Most of the people that follow the club think the Kit thing was the kid jumping the gun/and or agent posturing and that he is #3-4 on the pecking order of mid-fielders that we would want and not be considered in any way/shape/form as a starting XI player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #71: Jun 09, 2016 08:43:14 pm

The two deals have nothing to do with each other IMO. One started well before the season finished and the other has only just started and it's not exactly been anything solid other than a pathetic offer from PSG which got rejected.

Klopp may have a man crush on Lallana but if we were to keep him over Coutinho then I'd have to question what is going on. Decisions shouldn't be made based on sentimentality. Not saying Lallana should be sold but there's only one winner if it was a choice between them both.

Kopite78
      Reply #72: Jun 09, 2016 09:46:00 pm
      For what it's worth I don't think that Phil leaves for a couple of reasons

A. It would be the third summer on the bounce we would have sold out 'best' player.. That gives the wrong impression for this new start under Klopp, for potential in comings especially if we are targeting the odd established player they may see that as negative and turn it from a situation where we have been rebuilding to being a true selling club who can't hold onto their best.

B. I genuinely don't see Klopp wanting him gone nor Coutinho kicking a fuss to force it. I genuinely think he gives us at least another season and there won't be a real fuss this summer, just paper talk persisting to gain clicks or sell papers

To be honest though I'm fairly relaxed about it all, I don't think he will go but if he did I'd trust Klopp to make it work without him.

Don't worry... About a thing... Cause every little things gonna be alright!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #73: Jun 09, 2016 09:57:04 pm
      The two deals have nothing to do with each other IMO.

You may be right.  Time will tell.

Klopp may have a man crush on Lallana but if we were to keep him over Coutinho then I'd have to question what is going on. Decisions shouldn't be made based on sentimentality. Not saying Lallana should be sold but there's only one winner if it was a choice between them both.

It really shouldn't surprise anyone if we keep Firmino and Lallana over Coutinho.  Klopp's philosophy is to play without the ball -- compress the field, win the physical battles to gain a territorial advantage, and attack quickly and with purpose when we do win the ball back.  Firmino and Lallana are both better at the defensive pressing than Coutinho.  This doesn't necessarily mean that Phil will be sold, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #74: Jun 09, 2016 10:28:16 pm

I think I'm in the minority that would want to keep Lallana over Coutinho and bring in a new creative attacking player :O
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #75: Jun 09, 2016 10:51:16 pm
      Klopp seems to have a man crush on Firmino and Lallana, so Philippe could be the one to make way.  If he does it could be his sale that raises the money to sign our pacey wide player (Mane) as well as a potential replacement (Zielinski). 

Zielinski is a pure central midfielder, isn't he? 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #76: Jun 10, 2016 11:39:17 am
      Skysports Italia reporting that we have put in a bid for £9.3M.

Probably wait until one of our local journo's report this as true.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #77: Jun 10, 2016 03:31:38 pm
      Zielinski is a pure central midfielder, isn't he? 

Haven't seen him play, but reports suggest his best position is CM in a midfield 3 (similar to how Iniesta or Rakitic play for Barca) or as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-1-1 type setup.  I'm not sure where Klopp would slot him into our team....
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #78: Jun 10, 2016 05:36:20 pm
      Skysports Italia reporting that we have put in a bid for £9.3M.

Probably wait until one of our local journo's report this as true.

Yes this was tweeted by skyitalia journalist

Guglielmo Cannavale
      ‏@GugliCannavale   
      Liverpool have offered €12M for Zielinski, he would like to join #LFC. Napoli still in race: talks ongoing with Udinese

probably only a rumour ,
      have to wait and see
      YNWA

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #79: Jun 10, 2016 07:15:58 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Jürgen. In order to buy a player, you have to:

First find one that nobody else wants. If anybody else does want him, you'll get outbid on either transfer fee, salary, or both.

Second, get it past the transfer committee. Be prepared for them saying "Nah you don't want him. What you really need is Balotelli".

Third, cross your fingers that Ian Ayre isn't doing the negotiating. Funnily enough, if it's a transfer committee pick it tends to get sorted fairly quick. If on the their hand it's your pick Jürgen, be prepared for the "Sorry Jürgen we tried everything but they wouldn't budge" line.

Fourth, know that if it's your pick, whatever the layer or the club wants in terms of wages and fees we will lowball like a lunatic.

If you get past all those hurdles, you've got yourself a player! If you don't, don't worry we've got,our eye on a really cheap alternative which will keep some funds back for the mid season window.
      Our 'transfer committee' isn't and has never been any different from the system used by any other club. Manager has the final say, but there is a team to assist him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #80: Jun 11, 2016 02:56:25 pm
      Not sure how reliable this lad is.

We'll soon see, eh?

https://twitter.com/xxx/status/741623890762473472

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #81: Jun 11, 2016 03:02:09 pm

I don't agree with this transferring players between clubs for F**k all. It's a dodgy way of getting around FFP.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #82: Jun 11, 2016 06:55:49 pm
      Good. Does this mean we're in for Hector Herrera?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #83: Jun 11, 2016 06:57:27 pm

No idea but I'd rather sign a young player I've never heard of than a 26 yo I've never heard of.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #84: Jun 11, 2016 07:00:31 pm

It's a weird one because Hector Herrera has said he'd prefer to join Napoli. He won't be doing if they sign Zielinski.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #85: Jun 11, 2016 07:28:24 pm
      No idea but I'd rather sign a young player I've never heard of than a 26 yo I've never heard of.

:lmao: Not saying you're wrong Baz but that made me laugh that did.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2016 12:35:04 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2016 01:27:52 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #88: Jun 12, 2016 02:36:21 pm
      I think this lad will be our next signing.

Should be wrapped up quickly given we are the only club he seems to want to join.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #89: Jun 12, 2016 02:39:25 pm
      Echo reporting now. Looks like he'll be our next signing with the Napoli president admitting the lad has set his heart on a Liverpool move!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #90: Jun 12, 2016 05:14:03 pm
      Shame he's on the bench for Poland today, was hoping to get a look at him.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #91: Jun 12, 2016 05:15:20 pm
      Shame he's on the bench for Poland today, was hoping to get a look at him.

Me too, Poland are a decent team but thought he would have been good enough to start if we're interested in him

Quick Reply