Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)

Read 45829 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Re: Piotr Zielinski - Udinese (On loan at Empoli)
      Reply #115: Jun 14, 2016 03:32:29 pm
      I agree with Hendo being surplus to requirements, a very very average midfielder.

If it was up to me, is give him atleast one more season. I really like him, give everything and looks like he cares about the club.

Ability wise he isnt good enough but I hope he can develop into a class midfielder.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #116: Jun 15, 2016 12:35:29 am
      Hendo would be perfect for the roll if he never had his back to goal mate.  Unfortunately he can't turn with the ball quick enough, in fact he doesn't turn quick enough full stop, so when he lays it off back where it's come from he can't turn and drive forward to receive it back again.  When he does get it back he's usually surrounded by the opposition and loses it too easily.

He's great running forward without the ball and running onto it, which is why he's more suited to a midfield 3 rather than a 2.  As much as I like him as a player I'm really not sure how or where he fits in a typical Jürgen team and he didn't show much or any inclination in changing from his usual 4231 formation.

So summing up, He's a waste of space. He can't turn with the ball, he lays it back, runs forward, turns and gets the ball, then loses it. When he does get forward facing the goal with the ball at his feet, his shooting is diabolical.
      And this is our captain ?
      FFS, When are we gonna learn, Average at best, and he's playing for LFC. He can run all day long, but with no real product apart from pressing the opposition, time for us to start thinking about a quick sale.
      Perhaps Watford, Palace, West Brom.? Not sure any of those rate him highly enough to put in a bid, so what the fukc is he doing as our captain ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: Jun 15, 2016 12:52:48 am
      So summing up, He's a waste of space. He can't turn with the ball, he lays it back, runs forward, turns and gets the ball, then loses it. When he does get forward facing the goal with the ball at his feet, his shooting is diabolical.
      And this is our captain ?
      FFS, When are we gonna learn, Average at best, and he's playing for LFC. He can run all day long, but with no real product apart from pressing the opposition, time for us to start thinking about a quick sale.
      Perhaps Watford, Palace, West Brom.? Not sure any of those rate him highly enough to put in a bid, so what the fukc is he doing as our captain ?

He's not a waste of space mate, he's a damn fine midfielder if he's played in a 3 but we don't play with a midfield 3, we play with a 2.  I'm sure there's plenty of Clubs who would take him if we so choose.

As for why is he our Captain, well he was given that honour by the previous Manager but it doesn't mean he still will be next season even if he stays.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #118: Jun 15, 2016 12:59:36 am
      Is this kid better than whoever he will be replacing?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #119: Jun 15, 2016 02:25:09 am
      Can as captain? ;D. Sakho and Lovren would both be in front of him.

Erm yea, a player who brought the club into disrepute and another that has had a good 6 months after being labelled as a catastrophe signing for the previous 18. Can speaks German and Klopps marching orders won't get lost in translation. His style of play is also very composed, while being able to physically command midfield. Mark my words can see it happening!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #120: Jun 15, 2016 02:57:20 am
      Is this kid better than whoever he will be replacing?

No one knows how he plays. Or his ability. Can't say I've ever watched Empoli and if someone says that they have this season, they're lying :D

Guess it's a 'wait and see' deal. Good thing is he has a clean slate with no preconceptions.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #121: Jun 15, 2016 03:04:59 am
      Erm yea, a player who brought the club into disrepute and another that has had a good 6 months after being labelled as a catastrophe signing for the previous 18. Can speaks German and Klopps marching orders won't get lost in translation. His style of play is also very composed, while being able to physically command midfield. Mark my words can see it happening!

This doesn't make sense because we are based in the UK, playing in the EPL and to communicate to the majority of the players, I believe English would be the language we'd use. Not only that, Klopp's English is second to none.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #122: Jun 15, 2016 09:03:21 am
      With the Dahoud deal looking like it's not going to happen I really hope we have other targets lined up apart from Zielinski.

Otherwise I can't see a Top 4 challenge.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #123: Jun 15, 2016 09:33:49 am
      With the Dahoud deal looking like it's not going to happen I really hope we have other targets lined up apart from Zielinski.

Not sure Dahoud would make the difference either he's an unknown quantity.

A player like Kante would make the difference.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #124: Jun 15, 2016 10:57:24 am
      Can will captain the side at some stage I think in the future, he seems to be integral to Klopp's plans.

With this Zielinski fella, if he wants to come and we want him then the ball is in our court I guess?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #125: Jun 15, 2016 11:30:32 am
      Fans are so fickle and funny when it comes to who they think we should be targetting.

Everyone creaming themselves about how good the likes of Kante were last season and that we should have got him instead of Leicester yet if we'd been looking at getting him, a 23 year old who's never played higher than the French 2nd division and spending £5.5m on him, they'd have been going apeshit last summer.

Of course you can say it's great scouting and complain ours are crap and of course nobody gets every signing right but none of us know if this kid is about to have his breakout season, regardless of how he's looked at Empoli, or the level he's played at previously.

I may be totally wrong on this but to me the way Jürgen and his team work is to look at the qualities we've got, what they're missing and who else has those skills that will make the partnership perfect. 

Whether that's in defense, midfield or up front.  They don't have to be or need to have the perfect skillset if they match up with the skillset of their onfield partner.  He wants solid partnerships all over the pitch, matchups that work in tandem to get the best out of everyone and make the whole team synchronise in perfect harmony.

It isn't about the individuals with Jürgen, it never has been.  Of course there will be individuals who rise above others when their partnership gels and that then raises the level of the whole.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #126: Jun 15, 2016 11:42:00 am
      Not sure Dahoud would make the difference either he's an unknown quantity.

A player like Kante would make the difference.

Much like how Kante was an "unknown quantity" when Leicester signed him then?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #127: Jun 15, 2016 11:52:48 am

What 'other targets' do we look like adding and where? If Phil stays, and we add Mane and Zielinski, I can see us going for a LB, and that's it! Unless Gotze does a U-turn and decides to join us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #128: Jun 15, 2016 12:11:43 pm
      What 'other targets' do we look like adding and where? If Phil stays, and we add Mane and Zielinski, I can see us going for a LB, and that's it! Unless Gotze does a U-turn and decides to join us.

Personally like yourself I feel we need another leftback but also a ball playing midfielder CM, I was hoping that midfielder was going to be Dahoud but that is looking less likely now.

Who that CM is, no idea mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #129: Jun 15, 2016 01:42:19 pm

Yup but had a knock for their first game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #130: Jun 15, 2016 01:52:16 pm
      You don't get too many players for under £10m these days so let's hope that Piotr is one of those players other fans look at and bemoan the fact that their club haven't signed him.

Yup but had a knock for their first game.

We might get a look at him as the Euros progress then - fingers crossed.  8)
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016 02:14:11 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #131: Jun 15, 2016 02:23:53 pm

Personally like yourself I feel we need another leftback but also a ball playing midfielder CM, I was hoping that midfielder was going to be Dahoud but that is looking less likely now.

Who that CM is, no idea mate.

Agree. I think the unanimous call is to recruit an astute #8 like Dahoud but like I posted in the General transfers forum, all parties involved in that transfer are prepared to wait until next summer. I feel Klopp would go into this season with Hendo/Grujic as the #8 and Can/Lucas as the #6, with Milner alternating between the right wing and midfield.

Lets just hope Hendo rises to the occasion and plays like a Liverpool Captain should!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #132: Jun 16, 2016 01:51:51 am
      This doesn't make sense because we are based in the UK, playing in the EPL and to communicate to the majority of the players, I believe English would be the language we'd use. Not only that, Klopp's English is second to none.

His english is excellent, and im not saying players won't understand his direction, they can just misinterpret tone/specifics. Colloquialisms and turns of phrase dont ever translate properly if you dont speak a language natively. Looks at Mourinho's "daughter of a whore" comment that was reported last week. In Portuguese/Spanish its the same as calling someone a b***ard and was flashed all over the papers as devil speak.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #133: Jun 17, 2016 01:03:55 am
      A little disappointed not to get a look at him.... 

Even though he spurned a couple of chances, I have been really impressed with the quality of Milik so far in the tournament.  That kid Kaputska (sp) looks promising too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #134: Jun 17, 2016 09:25:29 am
      A little disappointed not to get a look at him.... 

Even though he spurned a couple of chances, I have been really impressed with the quality of Milik so far in the tournament.  That kid Kaputska (sp) looks promising too.

Just goes to show how posters see things differently  :)  I thought Milik was really poor he seems to lack any pace and was constantly giving the ball away with Lewandowski and Grosicki having a go at him.

The polish DM who plays for Sevilla was the one who really stood out for me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #135: Jun 17, 2016 02:02:19 pm
      Just goes to show how posters see things differently  :)  I thought Milik was really poor he seems to lack any pace and was constantly giving the ball away with Lewandowski and Grosicki having a go at him.

Loves missing a sitter. Even watching him for Ajax in Europe. Frustrating as hell.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #136: Jun 17, 2016 02:28:32 pm
      Loves missing a sitter. Even watching him for Ajax in Europe. Frustrating as hell.

Never saw him for Ajax.  Even though he missed a few chances yesterday, I've been impressed with his all round play and athleticism.  At only 22 years old, I think he has all the tools to develop into a solid player. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #137: Jun 17, 2016 02:38:15 pm
      The polish DM who plays for Sevilla was the one who really stood out for me.

Grzegorz Krychowiak (had to Google the spelling ;D)

Quick Reply