Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Loris Karius (1. FSV Mainz 05)

Read 15573 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Re: Loris Karius (1. FSV Mainz 05)
      Reply #69: May 23, 2016 12:56:30 pm
      Reading that he will likely miss the first 3 weeks of the season as he will be at the Olympics with Germany? So we may start with mignolet.

Ward?
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #70: May 23, 2016 01:05:52 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10291942/mainz-goalkeeper-loris-karius-in-liverpool-ahead-of-16347m-move

Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius in Liverpool ahead of £4.7m move

By Sky Sports News HQ

Last Updated: 23/05/16 12:30pm
      

Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius is in Liverpool for a medical   

Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius is in Liverpool for a medical ahead of completing a £4.7m move to the club.

The former Germany Under-21 international is expected to spend the next few days in the city.

Personal terms have been agreed after Liverpool met the terms of the 22-year old's release clause.

Karius could miss the opening three weeks of the Premier League season though, as he is expected to be in Germany's squad for the Olympics.

The 22-year-old will provide competition for current Anfield No.1 Simon Mignolet, having spent the past four seasons with Mainz.

Providing there are no hiccups, Karius will become Liverpool's third new recruit, following Joel Matip and Marko Grujic, who agreed deals in January, from Schalke and Red Star Belgrade respectively
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #71: May 23, 2016 01:08:01 pm
      Will he help Karius back to the top ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: May 23, 2016 01:12:57 pm
      So 3rd signing in and the season's not been over a week yet.

I guess we'll not see any pics of them till 1st July though  :(
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #73: May 23, 2016 01:39:03 pm
      Sounds like some sort of dead hard Game of Thrones character.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #74: May 23, 2016 01:43:24 pm

It does mate.

Just need to slap on a Sir in front of it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #75: May 23, 2016 01:44:41 pm
      I hope he's better than Migs, not sure if I can cope with another season of the Belgian as our #1 :(
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #76: May 23, 2016 01:47:39 pm
      I hope he's better than Migs, not sure if I can cope with another season of the Belgian as our #1 :(

I know nothing about him besides that he is better than Migs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #77: May 23, 2016 02:06:43 pm

It does mate.

Just need to slap on a Sir in front of it.

Well, the other Sir Loris on Game of Thrones has no problems with his ball handling skills.

I hope ours is the same.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #78: May 23, 2016 02:25:33 pm

Well, don't know whole lot about him, but Jürgen was quick to do the business.
      Migs ain't not reliable enough - fingers crossed this guy nails down the position and helps shore up the defense
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: May 23, 2016 02:31:21 pm
      Hopefully a good goalkeeper and not just a bargain buy. Either way he must surely be better than Migs? Apparently he will be playing in the Olympics and so will not be available for the start of the season? So we probably haven't seen the last of Migs just yet.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #80: May 23, 2016 02:33:26 pm
      Hopefully a good goalkeeper and not just a bargain buy. Either way he must surely be better than Migs? Apparently he will be playing in the Olympics and so will not be available for the start of the season? So we probably haven't seen the last of Migs just yet.

It seems it's up for debate if he's the 2nd or 3rd best keeper in Germany mate, high save percentage, Neuer play style, I'm massively optimistic about this one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #81: May 23, 2016 02:49:00 pm
      So we probably haven't seen the last of Migs just yet.

Unless we sell him. Which I wouldn't object to personally. And bring in a 2nd solid keeper.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #82: May 23, 2016 02:57:26 pm
      It seems it's up for debate if he's the 2nd or 3rd best keeper in Germany mate, high save percentage, Neuer play style, I'm massively optimistic about this one.

Migs was supposed to be the second best goalkeeper in Belgium (some thought number 1 :)). I'm hopeful but cautious of getting my hopes up too high, till I have seen him play. 

Problem is the top goalkeepers we see regularly would have cost a fortune. Not sure if he is a good player we bought cheap, or just a cheap player, at the moment.

I suppose the good thing is that Migs will probably be willing to stay and fight for his position, whereas if we had signed Hart or someone similar he may have just decided to go 

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #83: May 23, 2016 03:00:52 pm
      Unless we sell him. Which I wouldn't object to personally. And bring in a 2nd solid keeper.

Maybe he's the replacement for Bogdan and we are going to bring in our first choice keeper next.

This positivity is killing me. :)
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #84: May 23, 2016 03:03:31 pm
      If its a case of who is the better keeper then Karius or whoever comes in will be first choice.

But it doesn't always work like that, if it did Ward would have been between the posts since he came back.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #85: May 23, 2016 03:16:08 pm

Is that you Pegguy ?  >:D  :f_whistle:

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #86: May 23, 2016 03:19:32 pm
      Migs was supposed to be the second best goalkeeper in Belgium (some thought number 1 ). I'm hopeful but cautious of getting my hopes up too high, till I have seen him play.

Yeah but I don't think Belgium compares to well to Germany first of all, do understand your cautiousness mate and you're probably right. Just one of those you get a gut feeling on this one, perhaps influenced by my low rating of Migs.

Problem is the top goalkeepers we see regularly would have cost a fortune. Not sure if he is a good player we bought cheap, or just a cheap player, at the moment.

I suppose the good thing is that Migs will probably be willing to stay and fight for his position, whereas if we had signed Hart or someone similar he may have just decided to go

I do believe many are seeing his price and getting influenced by it, all the journos and 'reliable' sources seem to suggest he is an excellent keeper. Time will tell I guess.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: May 23, 2016 03:29:01 pm
      Yeah but I don't think Belgium compares to well to Germany first of all, do understand your cautiousness mate and you're probably right. Just one of those you get a gut feeling on this one, perhaps influenced by my low rating of Migs.

I do believe many are seeing his price and getting influenced by it, all the journos and 'reliable' sources seem to suggest he is an excellent keeper. Time will tell I guess.

Too many are still hung up on price after spending the season in awe of Mahrez despite how little he cost  ;D  He had a low buyout clause which we triggered, he wanted to come, they couldn't stop him.

Karius has played around 100 games in the Bundesliga and I believe they've qualified for the Europa group stage this season for the first time.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: May 23, 2016 03:31:23 pm
      General consensus says you buy players better than you have currently in your squad,so as to improve the quality in said squad, and since Jürgen obviously believes in him then I think we can all assume Jürgen thinks he's better than Migs,

Like most I've not seen much of if any of him in action but I do trust in Jürgen's judgement so again it's safe to assume he has made a good decision, nothing of course is guaranteed so I guess we will see if he indeed improves our squad.

Welcome to Anfield Loris.

INJF(it's not Jürgen's fault)

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #89: May 23, 2016 03:31:53 pm

There's also the fact that Mignolet looks like Freddie Flintoff's twin, Mig should have followed him into cricket :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #90: May 23, 2016 03:32:35 pm
      If he cost 15m everyone would be crying about how we are overpaying.

We get one on the cheap and now he must suck.

Can't win it seems ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #91: May 23, 2016 03:35:37 pm
      There's also the fact that Mignolet looks like Freddie Flintoff's twin, Mig should have followed him into cricket :D

Probably wasn't good enough at catching to go into cricket  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply