Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'What are you playing' Thread

Read 50465 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: The 'What are you playing' Thread
      Reply #46: May 20, 2017 06:55:07 pm
      Anyone remember Baggio Magical Kicks from back in the day?

So many IT lessons spent curling in beauties...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #47: May 21, 2017 09:17:07 am
      Boaderlands 2 remastered, unreal game
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #48: Jun 07, 2017 11:54:09 pm
      Just seen screenshots for Red Dead Redemption 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gok0k3mcw
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2017 03:11:29 pm
      Star Trek: Alien Domain.
      Been playing a few months now, and spending far too much money on it  :laugh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Jul 09, 2017 09:35:32 pm
      Mass Effect Andromeda.

Not a patch on ME2 or ME3.
      Got in on sale though so happy enough to have ME to play on the PS4.
      Mass Effect for kids really.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #51: Jul 29, 2017 08:51:19 pm
      Finished a few recently, got proper stuck into my backlog;

Resident Evil 7 - Series back to its best! Absolutely loved it! 9/10

Horizon Zero Dawn - Amazing exclusive, and just stunning! Some of the quests were a bit samey though and the story dribbled on a bit at the end... 8/10

Ghost Recon Wildlands - Titally took me by surprise this, after The Division I didn't give this much hope but it takes everything good from The Division and makes it a real enjoyable game! This is what The Dividion should have been... 8/10

Prey - Absolute dogshite of a game! The enemies are uninspired, the difficulty is unnecessarily hard, and missions consist of running from one side of the map to the other straight past enemies because there is nowhere near enough resources in the game to tackle them when they are bullet sponges.... 4/10, if that.

Injustice 2 - I really enjoyed the first one so was looking forward to this, and it was just as good! The story is your typical hero one but still good! Some great visuals and nice controls, only bug I had is it seemed to punish you for playing well... if you're doing too well felt it kinda let the other character get back into the fight... 7/10

Mass Effect Andromeda - Git nothing on the others but still a fun spacey rpg you can stick some hours into, didn't nearly connect with the characters as much as I did with the first games... 7/10

Now onto Halo Wars 2 :D

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #52: Jul 29, 2017 10:00:47 pm
      Was late to the Witcher 3 party, but it's amazing!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Jul 30, 2017 12:17:49 pm
      Finished a few recently, got proper stuck into my backlog;

Resident Evil 7 - Series back to its best! Absolutely loved it! 9/10

Horizon Zero Dawn - Amazing exclusive, and just stunning! Some of the quests were a bit samey though and the story dribbled on a bit at the end... 8/10

Ghost Recon Wildlands - Titally took me by surprise this, after The Division I didn't give this much hope but it takes everything good from The Division and makes it a real enjoyable game! This is what The Dividion should have been... 8/10

Prey - Absolute dogshite of a game! The enemies are uninspired, the difficulty is unnecessarily hard, and missions consist of running from one side of the map to the other straight past enemies because there is nowhere near enough resources in the game to tackle them when they are bullet sponges.... 4/10, if that.

Injustice 2 - I really enjoyed the first one so was looking forward to this, and it was just as good! The story is your typical hero one but still good! Some great visuals and nice controls, only bug I had is it seemed to punish you for playing well... if you're doing too well felt it kinda let the other character get back into the fight... 7/10

Mass Effect Andromeda - Git nothing on the others but still a fun spacey rpg you can stick some hours into, didn't nearly connect with the characters as much as I did with the first games... 7/10

Now onto Halo Wars 2 :D

Horizon ZD is possibly my favourite of the year, not quite finished it yet but that's only because I like messing around doing everything else first. Such a great game IMO and a great example of these open world Ubisoft style games done well. Interesting to hear you didn't like Prey, heard decent things.

Was late to the Witcher 3 party, but it's amazing!

Got the expansion packs yet Mags? Both are excellent but Blood and Wine is set in an entirely new area which is awesome. DLC done right.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #54: Jul 30, 2017 02:23:28 pm
      Horizon ZD is possibly my favourite of the year, not quite finished it yet but that's only because I like messing around doing everything else first. Such a great game IMO and a great example of these open world Ubisoft style games done well. Interesting to hear you didn't like Prey, heard decent things.

Got the expansion packs yet Mags? Both are excellent but Blood and Wine is set in an entirely new area which is awesome. DLC done right.

Amazing, just got them both today so looking forward to it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #55: Jul 30, 2017 09:06:20 pm

Yeah I expected great things from Prey and the first 30 mins were great! But it soon turned to garbage, I've never wanted a game to end as much as I have with this one.... I'm into difficult games, the Dark Souls series being some of my favourite games, but this was just a piss take, it wasn't so much hard, just so unbalanced in the gameplay... every enemy is a black blob, seriously, every enemy looks the same, every enemy takes tonnes of bullets to kill, and there is few, and I mean few, bullets in the entire map... and it only takes a couple of hits for you to die.... so if your in anything more than a 1v2 your better off just sprinting past the enemies, which makes it such a bore... possibly the worst game I've played in many a year, and I pretty much play every game released :(
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #56: Sep 02, 2017 05:05:43 pm
      Playing the CoD WW2 private beta... it's complete sh*te.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #57: Feb 08, 2018 03:29:21 pm
      I got a SNES classic for Christmas and I have been playing all the classics I use to play when I was a teenager (Mario Kart, Zelda, Earthbound, FF3). It is worth the money to get one of those little systems if you can get your hands on it and enjoy playing retro games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #58: Feb 08, 2018 03:55:17 pm
      UFC3!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #59: Feb 08, 2018 04:14:54 pm
      I got a SNES classic for Christmas and I have been playing all the classics I use to play when I was a teenager (Mario Kart, Zelda, Earthbound, FF3). It is worth the money to get one of those little systems if you can get your hands on it and enjoy playing retro games.

Played on one of those re released Mega Drives classics last year and it still very much has the charm as I'm sure the SNES classic has. That said, it's best played on smaller screens as it was slightly jarring playing it on the big hd tv!

Played CoD WW2 over Christmas. Entertaining game but the campaign somewhat lacked that the story arc/Spielbergean feel that made the original WW2 first person shooters like the early CoD's or Medal of Honor so rewarding. Never really felt that you were taking part in something as significant as the overthrow of the Nazi's. Also, the tendency for the game to move to a cut scene at the climax of a level was quite irritating.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018 05:34:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #60: Feb 08, 2018 05:58:34 pm
      PUBG

Best game I've played in a LONG time. Even with the early release growing pains.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #61: Feb 11, 2018 12:53:14 am
      Played on one of those re released Mega Drives classics last year and it still very much has the charm as I'm sure the SNES classic has. That said, it's best played on smaller screens as it was slightly jarring playing it on the big hd tv!

Played CoD WW2 over Christmas. Entertaining game but the campaign somewhat lacked that the story arc/Spielbergean feel that made the original WW2 first person shooters like the early CoD's or Medal of Honor so rewarding. Never really felt that you were taking part in something as significant as the overthrow of the Nazi's. Also, the tendency for the game to move to a cut scene at the climax of a level was quite irritating.

Yeah it has a charm to it and they are pretty easy to MOD to add more games to it so I am looking forward to trying that once I finish the games that are already on it. I agree on the WW2 campaign, i just find it find it so short and I know they focus a lot on the online play. I got WW2 after not getting the last couple of releases because it was turning into Halo/Destiny type game with the weapons and flying around. I enjoy the game and comeback to the basics in weapons and game play.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #62: Feb 11, 2018 08:35:55 pm
      Yeah it has a charm to it and they are pretty easy to MOD to add more games to it so I am looking forward to trying that once I finish the games that are already on it. I agree on the WW2 campaign, i just find it find it so short and I know they focus a lot on the online play. I got WW2 after not getting the last couple of releases because it was turning into Halo/Destiny type game with the weapons and flying around. I enjoy the game and comeback to the basics in weapons and game play.

Yeah - not having any of that futuristic nonsense either. Either modern warfare or before, preferably World War 2. That's my preference. Agreed that the campaign felt a little short as well. So much more they could have done with it. Hopefully we'll get more games retracing World War 2.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Feb 11, 2018 10:23:06 pm
      Finished Horizon Zero Dawn.

Late to it, I know.
      Got it on sale.

Did all the side missions, Cauldrons, errands, before completing the main story.
      All in about 70 hours of quality game time. Found the last few main missions I kept expecting each one to be the last.
      Which made it kind of drag near the end. Plus I'd got the ancient armour by the time I did the final mission so I was nearly
      invincible at that stage.

Great game and story. Enjoyed strolling around taking down machines as much as the main story itself.
      A world ahead of what Andromeda was. Definitely one of the top games of 2017.

Nice twist at the end to line up a second game.
      Some playing parts that annoyed me. Like not being able to swap shoulder view for taking out enemies,
      but otherwise a great and enjoyable game.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #64: Feb 13, 2018 12:31:23 pm
      Pubg and ark.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #65: Feb 14, 2018 01:18:02 pm
      Finished Horizon Zero Dawn.

Late to it, I know.
      Got it on sale.

Did all the side missions, Cauldrons, errands, before completing the main story.
      All in about 70 hours of quality game time. Found the last few main missions I kept expecting each one to be the last.
      Which made it kind of drag near the end. Plus I'd got the ancient armour by the time I did the final mission so I was nearly
      invincible at that stage.

Great game and story. Enjoyed strolling around taking down machines as much as the main story itself.
      A world ahead of what Andromeda was. Definitely one of the top games of 2017.

Nice twist at the end to line up a second game.
      Some playing parts that annoyed me. Like not being able to swap shoulder view for taking out enemies,
      but otherwise a great and enjoyable game.

Glad you liked it mate, I've uninstalled to make space for other stuff recently but thought it was brilliant. Gameplay wise just very very fun. Not bought Frozen Wilds or whatever the DLC is called yet but may grab it on sale in the future. Looks like more of the same really, which can't be bad.

I'm trying to finish some games before the 2018 release schedule really kicks off. I've already been tempted by Monster Hunter World, but really need to finish both Witcher 3 expansions before diving into yet another time consuming RPG. Also bought X-Com 2 on sale over January, played the first one to death on PC and loved it. It's a turn based strategy game that follows the events of the first one, after an alien race has invaded and conquered earth and now runs the world through a proxy global government. You lead a human guerrilla movement and it is possibly the most masochistic game out there. Your actions during missions are governed by RNG (random number generator), which throws up some unlikely scenarios as your highly trained military operative wildly fires wide of the alien they were standing right next to. Only really had time for a couple of hours gaming on the weekend recently so the back catalogue is taking over...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #66: Feb 14, 2018 07:14:52 pm
      UFC 3

Pretty sh*te
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #67: Feb 15, 2018 02:08:21 am
      They need to scrap that sh*te series and bring back the Fight Night games
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #68: Mar 20, 2018 12:50:21 am
      Gone back to Assassin Creeds series finishing up playing Syndicate. So far it has been better than last AC game I played in AC Unity. Really enough the setting in London and the fighting system

Quick Reply