Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roy Hodgson

Read 31536 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Roy Hodgson
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2016 08:51:26 pm
      Sh*t the f**king bed.....

Hear this from a recent interview with Albert Riera: “I remember the day when Roy Hodgson came to Liverpool. He said that he wanted his team to be 90% British, so all the foreigners felt like we’d be having problems in Liverpool and I signed for Olympiakos."

Appalling management - shocked at such a blinkered way of building a team.

He signed 8 players as manager

Suso, Raul Merieles, Cristian Poulsen and Brad Jones within those 8

That's 50% not British

If he said that, to his squad of talented foreign players he's a mug who doesn't understand man management.. He then doesn't back it up in reality which makes him a bullshitter

All in all an utter gobs***e
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2016 08:59:36 pm

Rafa signed Suso mate.

If he fulfils such potential he will be grateful not only to the current Liverpool manager but a former one. Rafa Benitez is maintaining a watching brief on a player who, as one of his last Liverpool signings, could prove an exceptional parting gift.

“The biggest reason I signed was Rafa,” says Suso. Real Madrid were interested but it was their Academy coaches calling, at Liverpool it was the manager.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9653250/Liverpools-new-kid-on-the-block-Suso-is-ready-for-the-long-haul-to-make-his-name-at-Anfield.html
      Kopite78
      Reply #25: Jun 14, 2016 09:03:08 pm
      Rafa signed Suso mate.

If he fulfils such potential he will be grateful not only to the current Liverpool manager but a former one. Rafa Benitez is maintaining a watching brief on a player who, as one of his last Liverpool signings, could prove an exceptional parting gift.

“The biggest reason I signed was Rafa,” says Suso. Real Madrid were interested but it was their Academy coaches calling, at Liverpool it was the manager.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9653250/Liverpools-new-kid-on-the-block-Suso-is-ready-for-the-long-haul-to-make-his-name-at-Anfield.html

According to LFChistory they have him down as signing under the Hodge

http://www.lfchistory.net/Managers/Manager/Profile/22

I was going off that as they tend to be pretty good on the club records.
      I'll be honest I thought of Poulsen and Merieles but went there to double check and saw Suso and then Jones.. I did think he was a Rafa signing too but tend to trust LFChistory

Either way the Hodge is a gobs***e
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Jun 14, 2016 10:32:35 pm
      According to LFChistory they have him down as signing under the Hodge

http://www.lfchistory.net/Managers/Manager/Profile/22

I was going off that as they tend to be pretty good on the club records.
      I'll be honest I thought of Poulsen and Merieles but went there to double check and saw Suso and then Jones.. I did think he was a Rafa signing too but tend to trust LFChistory

Either way the Hodge is a gobs***e

Definitely a Rafa signing mate. But completely agree with your description of Woy. How a manager can come into a club like Liverpool and sign Poulsen and Konchesky is beyond me, and lets not forget he even tried signing Carlton Cole! Just thinking about it quickly winds me up! At least Kenny came in and binned them muppets off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Jun 16, 2016 07:05:28 pm
      The old man has gambled and it paid off. Well done roy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2016 08:37:40 pm
      The old man has gambled and it paid off. Well done roy.

Not really gambled mate, it was doing the bloody obvious that everyone was saying before the match even started. His gamble was to try and use the same line up which didn't pay off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2016 08:55:00 pm
      Not really gambled mate, it was doing the bloody obvious that everyone was saying before the match even started. His gamble was to try and use the same line up which didn't pay off.

Ok, I agree. I just saw it differently. But for Sturridge, it was better to play 45mins.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2016 09:08:18 pm
      At least, thanks to Studge and Vardy, england fans won't start singing "Hodgson for Liverpool". :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31: Jun 16, 2016 09:09:09 pm

Spot on Ben.

Even the normal people in the pub have been saying it since half time against Russia.

Woy gets on to it half time against Wales.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2016 05:08:25 pm
      couldn't we scrap this thread and just pretend he was never here it was all a bad dream
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2016 05:56:55 pm
      couldn't we scrap this thread and just pretend he was never here it was all a bad dream

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38242297

Today he announces that he is looking to return to management

Former England boss Roy Hodgson is keen on a return to management and believes he will do so as a "better coach".

"I'm hoping something will come along that will really interest me," said the 69-year-old, who has 40 years managerial experience.

Why did we used to hire managers with self delusion ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2016 06:10:19 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38242297

Today he announces that he is looking to return to management

Former England boss Roy Hodgson is keen on a return to management and believes he will do so as a "better coach".

"I'm hoping something will come along that will really interest me," said the 69-year-old, who has 40 years managerial experience.

Why did we used to hire managers with self delusion ?

Some of his quotes are superb Skip, apart from the foot in mouth ones he said whilst our manager today he's said that after 4yrs of coaching the England squad he realised at the Euros that the players hadn't understood what he'd been trying to teach them and that they didn't take responsibility for how they played in the tournament!!  No responsibility on him then??

He's now spouting in his latest PR shpiel to get himself another job that he's "a bit wiser now"!!  Really??  So you didn't wise up as to how sh*t you were during the previous 40yrs of management??

Absolute F***ing cretin of a man who I'm ashamed to admit was once our Manager!! 

His time at Liverpool should be struck from the record books or should be enshrined for posterity how to never, ever hire a grubby, self serving, FA arse licking, bullshitting pr**k ever, ever again  :mad: :mad:

F***ing despise the guy!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2016 06:21:19 pm
      The last thing he said as England manager entering the Press Conference .... once he'd picked up his final cheque ?

" I dont know what I'm doing here ".  !

Correct.
      His epitaph.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: Dec 07, 2016 06:55:41 pm
      In a funny way it would be great to see him back, just to laugh at the club stupid enough to employ this dinosaur.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Dec 07, 2016 07:59:36 pm
      Spineless spineless coward. The way he scurried away like a rat at the end of the Iceland match then refusing to take questions from the press was probably the most cowardly act of 'management' I've ever seen. He put the players up front and they took the full shitstorm of it.

Fair play to Joe Hart after the game for coming out and taking responsibility for his and the team's mistakes.

Despicable and truly shameless act from Hodgson, showing his true colours on the biggest stage. It would be a pretty desperate club to employ this fraud of an individual ever again.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #38: Apr 14, 2017 12:37:34 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39: Apr 14, 2017 12:59:24 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40: Apr 14, 2017 01:25:44 am
      Yeah, this was a while back, I remember this!

When he first took over as Inter coach.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: Apr 14, 2017 08:31:41 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #43: Apr 14, 2017 09:51:20 pm
      He earned £ 14'000'000 while in charge of England. This explains why our country is a laughing stock in world football. I truly hope the next hint of a job he's linked with , the fans of that club stage a protest to hinder his appointment.
      Maybe he can sell his sons watches ?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #44: Apr 15, 2017 11:01:47 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2017 10:38:40 pm
      Remember back when he was in charge and tried to sign Carlton Cole for us? Well, that said player has been sacked from an Indonesian team for not scoring this season and in the managers words "He plays very badly compared to the other [foreign players] who have joined Persib".

Let that sink in.

Quick Reply