Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roy Hodgson

Read 31542 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Roy Hodgson
      Reply #69: Apr 18, 2020 02:55:30 pm
      His comments regarding the nhs last week were spot on. Just a shame he was never and should never have been in the position to be Liverpool manager.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #70: Apr 18, 2020 03:06:45 pm
      Roy Hodgson must be by far, the worst manager Liverpool have ever had, by a fair distance !
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #71: Apr 18, 2020 03:38:26 pm
      urgh bad times,don't really blame him for taking the job.But i had a good few arguments with the ya gotta support him types,when ya knew he was just a H and G stooge.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #72: Apr 18, 2020 04:24:33 pm
      urgh bad times,don't really blame him for taking the job.But i had a good few arguments with the ya gotta support him types,when ya knew he was just a H and G stooge.

Obviously an unwanted parting present, from these two cowboys !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #73: Apr 18, 2020 10:59:41 pm
      Obviously an unwanted parting present, from these two cowboys !

Wasn't even their appointment really, Purslow, Ayres & Broughton hand prints are all over Hodgson's appointment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #74: Apr 19, 2020 12:44:48 pm
      May 2012.

Bernstein and Brooking appoint him England manager stating the FAs decision would be seen to great and they were delighted.

Four years later after the Iceland defeat he did his last press conference stating " he didn't know what he was doing here " .....except to pick up his cheque.

He never said a truer word.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #75: Apr 19, 2020 02:23:32 pm
      May 2012.

Bernstein and Brooking appoint him England manager stating the FAs decision would be seen to great and they were delighted.

Four years later after the Iceland defeat he did his last press conference stating " he didn't know what he was doing here " .....except to pick up his cheque.

He never said a truer word.

Well we did give him a chant of recognition "Hodgson for England"
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #76: Apr 20, 2020 09:19:27 am
      Roy Hodgson must be by far, the worst manager Liverpool have ever had, by a fair distance !

You evidently were not around when Don Welsh was our manager,he was a total disaster and took us down to the old second division.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #77: Apr 20, 2020 10:05:11 am
      You evidently were not around when Don Welsh was our manager,he was a total disaster and took us down to the old second division.

Before my time, the first manager, I remember was Bill Shankly, you obviously can go back further than me !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #78: Apr 20, 2020 10:37:02 am
      Before my time, the first manager, I remember was Bill Shankly, you obviously can go back further than me !

George Kay was the manager when I first went to Anfield in 1947.He actually won the old 1st division that season and took us to the F.A.Cup final in 1950.That was the final when we beat Everton in the semi final,famous for Bob Paisley scoring and getting dropped for the final itself.No subs in those days.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #79: Apr 20, 2020 01:51:34 pm
      George Kay was the manager when I first went to Anfield in 1947.He actually won the old 1st division that season and took us to the F.A.Cup final in 1950.That was the final when we beat Everton in the semi final,famous for Bob Paisley scoring and getting dropped for the final itself.No subs in those days.

Really good to hear from you, I remember first watching Liverpool beating Leeds united 2  1, in the 1965 cup final on tv of course, and have followed the Reds ever since ! You must have seen many changes in the game over the years, that is for sure ! Take care anyway.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #80: Apr 20, 2020 04:10:00 pm
      Wasn't even their appointment really, Purslow, Ayres & Broughton hand prints are all over Hodgson's appointment.

Yep.

The mythical "safe pair of hands" while they looked for a buyer.

The "Gentleman of English football" turned out to be an arrogant, snobby c**t, much given to snarling at anyone who questioned him.

w**ker.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Apr 23, 2020 05:54:50 pm
      I remember posting this 10 years ago.

The Famous Roy Hodgson Face Rub and Arse Wipe.

Enjoy ....

https://youtu.be/NthURa9grrM

Quick Reply