Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 205185 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1012: May 27, 2018 04:39:45 pm
      And that is Jurgens biggest weakness, he's to nice.

I don't think it's that but he is patient and trusts himself to improve the players he works with when at times he could be more ruthless. I would be very surprised if we don't break the bank to bring in a new keeper after last night though. I know he had a tough time against us in the semi at Anfield but I like Alisson and really hope we put in a bid.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1013: May 27, 2018 04:41:59 pm
      Loris and his family have apparently been sent death threats, Merseyside police are investigating! This is so out of order it’s unbelievable. We lost a football match, in the grand scheme of things, no one died, he didn’t do it on purpose, yes we’re all gutted but I doubt anyone of us is more gutted than he is himself!
      Obviously, we have, among our support people who have never made a mistake, never exceeded the speed limit, never drunk and drove, never done anything that could injure or kill another human being! Karius made 2 mistakes, had we taken all our chances when we were on top, they may not have mattered, we didn’t. I am as gutted as anyone, but I refuse to hang out to dry a young footballer, who did his best, his best might not have been good enough but he didn’t do it deliberately. The grief he’s getting from opposition fans is bad enough, let’s not stoop to their level. I always thought that we win as a team, we lose as a team.
      Loris go away, enjoy a holiday with your family, we are a family at LFC, as a family we support when things go wrong. Use this experience to make you stronger. YNWA.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1014: May 27, 2018 04:42:56 pm

Rather that, than Mourinho who wrecks young players careers!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1015: May 27, 2018 04:45:20 pm
      Loris and his family have apparently been sent death threats, Merseyside police are investigating! This is so out of order it’s unbelievable. We lost a football match, in the grand scheme of things, no one died, he didn’t do it on purpose, yes we’re all gutted but I doubt anyone of us is more gutted than he is himself!
      Obviously, we have, among our support people who have never made a mistake, never exceeded the speed limit, never drunk and drove, never done anything that could injure or kill another human being! Karius made 2 mistakes, had we taken all our chances when we were on top, they may not have mattered, we didn’t. I am as gutted as anyone, but I refuse to hang out to dry a young footballer, who did his best, his best might not have been good enough but he didn’t do it deliberately. The grief he’s getting from opposition fans is bad enough, let’s not stoop to their level. I always thought that we win as a team, we lose as a team.
      Loris go away, enjoy a holiday with your family, we are a family at LFC, as a family we support when things go wrong. Use this experience to make you stronger. YNWA.

The idiots that sent death threats deserve all they get.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1016: May 27, 2018 04:45:45 pm

Unfortunately Twitter has given everybody a voice so we have to hear this sort of bile time and time again. The world was a much better place without Twitter.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1017: May 27, 2018 04:56:27 pm
      Rather that, than Mourinho who wrecks young players careers!

Well that's 2 extremes but perhaps someone more like Fergie who could be ruthless when needed and at other times be a players best friend. It needs to be carrot and stick.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #1018: May 27, 2018 04:56:47 pm
      No better than Mignolet. In my opinion, not as good as Mignolet.

Time and time again, we see Mignolet get slaughtered for smaller mishaps. That first give away goal was almost bribe-esque. It was the kind of ridiculous move that could have been bought. It was that bad! Unbeliveable. Of course, no way that would have happened, but it was that extremely bad. May have a short memory, but I really can't remember seeing our keeper do that before.

The second was on par with Mignolet's worst mistake. Bearing in mind this was the FINAL. Those kind of mistakes are much worse.

I did note in the warm up to the game that Karius was getting beaten by Milner, Moreno, and others. He looked poor - but I hoped that was just lack of effort in training. Turns out, that was his real self.

Wasn't it Isco that hit the bar in the 1st half? Didn't anyone notice how Karius ran out, flapped, did nothing, and left the goal gaping? That was another bad mistake - and we were so nearly punished for it.

I don't like to see anyone leave the club because that indicates a failure on our part. BUT, there is no way he can continue to be the #1 keeper. Mignolet has lost out too, so we need a new keeper as our #1 priority now. No excuses for carrying on like this.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1019: May 27, 2018 04:57:23 pm
      Unfortunately Twitter has given everybody a voice so we have to hear this sort of bile time and time again. The world was a much better place without Twitter.

I agree totally, but sadly it’s here to stay. I hope the police find out who they are, shouldn’t be too difficult, and they are dealt with harshly! It’s a football match for God’s sake, get over it, we’ll get there again and be stronger!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1020: May 27, 2018 04:59:07 pm

100% agree it is so out of order.
      Mind you if I was Ramos I'd maybe take Egypt off my holiday list for a while, that f**ker will probably have a fatwa issued against him after what he did to Mo!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1021: May 27, 2018 06:42:14 pm
      I found his behavior after the first mistake really weird
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 529 
      Reply #1022: May 27, 2018 06:58:12 pm

Yeah there's always some arseholes out there. It's not like Karius is deliberately trying to embarrass himself on the biggest night of his life. Feel nothing but sympathy for the kid, must have been a horrible experience for him, and one that is still going on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1023: May 27, 2018 07:14:11 pm

Trying to appeal for a free kick or something, it wasn't weird it was someone trying to claim for something knowing he'd fu**ed up!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1024: May 27, 2018 07:40:41 pm
      Tried to claim that Benzema fouled him or that he was offside.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1025: May 27, 2018 08:00:49 pm

Should be criminal convictions for that sh*t
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1026: May 27, 2018 08:01:35 pm
      Tried to claim that Benzema fouled him or that he was offside.

Fouled. He thought Benzema had kicked the ball out of his hand, which if he had, would have been a foul.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1027: May 27, 2018 08:58:37 pm

I’m sure he could have got to that ball if he’d turned and sprinted back instead of appealing. It looked like it was going in slow motion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1028: May 27, 2018 09:11:48 pm
      someone said he thought Benzema had been given offside and was putting the ball down to take the free kick. He also took a nasty elbo to the head from our friend Ramos shortly before this.
      His in experience and relative young age was brutally exposed last night.
      I am not angry with him now I feel sorry for the lad that he has found himself in an impossible sitution
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #1029: May 27, 2018 09:15:34 pm
      someone said he thought Benzema had been given offside and was putting the ball down to take the free kick. He also took a nasty elbo to the head from our friend Ramos shortly before this.
      His in experience and relative young age was brutally exposed last night.
      I am not angry with him now I feel sorry for the lad that he has found himself in an impossible sitution

Not a chance. No way. Nothing like it.

Karius clearly throw the ball out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3i1ps7O44
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1030: May 27, 2018 09:53:46 pm
      I feel sorry for him. Such a hard test of character ahead of him.

I'm left wondering if some real coach (so not Atchenberg) could coach the silly mistakes out of him. Somehow ingrain some finer awereness and decision making into him. Because on a technical level I think there's a very good goalkeeper underneath. But of course it's pointless to make a couple of great saves a game if you're going to undo it by giving away two free goals.

If Klopp decides to let him go, I suppose I'd understand. But if he chooses to keep him as our #1 he'll still have my full support. YNWA, kid.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #1031: May 27, 2018 10:11:13 pm
      I hope last nights game does not define him..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1032: May 27, 2018 10:14:28 pm

he creates a family and you don't just dismiss a family member for a mistake. So I tend to agree with you Professional Sport is brutal and I think Jürgen is just incredibly honest and wants to win the right way unfortunately for him lots of people just want to win and don't care how they achieve it.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #1033: May 27, 2018 10:31:13 pm
      What I find hard to understand is that since Achterburg has been goalie coach neither Migs or Loris seem to ever actually catch the ball it's always a punch or parry away. I don't recall Pepe ever playing that way.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1034: May 27, 2018 11:02:14 pm
      Obviously hugely disappointing the F**k ups last night.  Two massive brain farts.

The third didn't affect the result, and likely was a result of him dwelling on the first perhaps.  I'm really reluctant to stick the knife in because he's played a part in getting us both to the final and qualifying for the competition next year.

I'm also hesitant to stick the knife in because I remember Lovren's horror show against Spurs.  An older player who actually last night had arguably his best game in the red shirt.

Can understand people who want to get rid, Pep did with Hart and dropped Claudio Bravo.  But then you have the other group, and I think Klopp might ultimately fall into this camp, of seeing the opportunity of redemption.

Feel sorry for the lad - wish we'd had Salah on the pitch and we'd been our usual boss selves and scored 5 so we could have been pissing our pants about those two goals instead. 🤔

Quick Reply