Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204077 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Jun 05, 2018 01:03:31 pm
      So in one sentence you say you can't accept the concussion as an excuse for the 1st goal, then go on to say that you are not a doctor and don't know how he was feeling. Contradicting views in a single post.

Ever been concussed? If you haven't, then you would not have anything to back your assessment that it's not an excuse for the 1st goal other than bias.  I personally have not, but have read plenty of stories in the US from players who have had concussions and how it affects them, so when 26 of 30 tests performed come back positive, it's quite obvious the hit had an effect on the player.

Of course, if i put my tinfoil hat on, i'd also say it is just part of a cover him to make him feel better about himself.
      1st and 3rd goal could be concussion. I've had concussion before and it affects memory. He forgot to check his surroundings on first goal. I can understand that... Even simple things can be forgotten during concussion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1220: Jun 05, 2018 01:19:52 pm
      If Concussion was a factor then he has all of pre season and the games before the season starts to prove he is worthy of the shirt.
      I thought he was showing some good signs and definitely more assertive in his own area then Mignolet.
      The only way we will find out is if he plays. I just cant see us spending big money on a goalkeeper
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #1221: Jun 05, 2018 01:29:58 pm
      When you look back over the season he has made some good saves.  Usually pretty good at shot stopping and makes himself big when strikers running in with ball.

let's not forget he is still a young lad, especially for a keeper.  Personally i would stick by him, if he can overcome this then we just might have a good keeper on our hands.  That being said i would not want to be the one making the decision.

By the way can anyone tell me why keepers rarely catch the frigging ball anymore????

:action-smiley-060:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1222: Jun 05, 2018 01:32:18 pm
      1st and 3rd goal could be concussion. I've had concussion before and it affects memory. He forgot to check his surroundings on first goal. I can understand that... Even simple things can be forgotten during concussion.

The article mentioned visual spatial dysfunction, so it's likely he did not realize Benzema was there or at least as close as he was for the 1st goal. It's all a really unfortunate night.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1223: Jun 05, 2018 04:32:52 pm
      When you look back over the season he has made some good saves.  Usually pretty good at shot stopping and makes himself big when strikers running in with ball.

let's not forget he is still a young lad, especially for a keeper.  Personally i would stick by him, if he can overcome this then we just might have a good keeper on our hands.  That being said i would not want to be the one making the decision.

By the way can anyone tell me why keepers rarely catch the frigging ball anymore????

:action-smiley-060:

Given the amount of keepers who do I can only assume it's to do with coaching techniques based upon the ball being so light. As for Karius, as I've consistently said, we should only upgrade on him, not get rid of him on the basis of one game. Over the course of the season he was very good and whilst he made the odd error here and there, so did others and unlike his predecessor, he didn't allow them to knock his confidence. Karius should be treated no differently to any other player. If there is a better player in his position, buy them. If we can't, stick with what we have. Change for its own sake will only harm us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1224: Jun 05, 2018 04:36:14 pm
      Ramos really is an evil genius tw*t.

Sorted that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1225: Jun 05, 2018 04:56:28 pm
      The article mentioned visual spatial dysfunction, so it's likely he did not realize Benzema was there or at least as close as he was for the 1st goal. It's all a really unfortunate night.

The concussion explanation does make sense, on seeing both incidents the collective reaction would be "is he F***ing crazy"?
      A dysfunctional sensory issue would lead to a general lack of awareness and reaction, this in turn would lead to people viewing the event to conclude there was something lacking in the player's skill levels and performance, even tho' it was not a regular occurrence.
      For the screw up to happen twice in the same game does suggest there were affecting factors involved.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #1226: Jun 05, 2018 06:02:14 pm
      Concussion, no concussion, heā€™s young heā€™ll only get better etc. Heā€™s not good enough. Inferior to De Gea, inferior to Courtoius, inferior to Lloris, inferior to Ederson. Frankly Iā€™m amazed to see so many say they are happy enough for him to continue as our number one. Heā€™s not up to it. The club had to wrap him in cotton wool in his first season and this is more cotton wool. Not good enough and neither is he mentally tough enough for the position at such a high profile club.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 06:08:36 pm by Scottbot »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1227: Jun 05, 2018 06:15:29 pm
      Concussion, no concussion, heā€™s young heā€™ll only get better etc. Heā€™s not good enough. Inferior to (1) De Gea, inferior to (2) Courtoius, inferior to (3) Lloris, inferior to (4) Ederson. Frankly Iā€™m amazed to see so many say they are happy enough for him to continue as our number one. Heā€™s not up to it. The club had to wrap him in cotton wool in his first season and this is more cotton wool. Not good enough and neither is he mentally tough enough for the position at such a high profile club.

1. Yes
      2. Yes, though from a style perspective not sure how good Courtois would be in a sweeper system, but if i'd take him as my #1 if given the chance
      3. Definitely not. Hugely overrated
      4. Not really, though Ederson is class when it comes to kicking with his left leg. But as a stopper? no, not really. He has looked very average whenever a team built enough courage to attack City. Also prone to his fair share of errors when coming out of his box. Plus he's only 6'2 and i heard that's a bad thing  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1228: Jun 05, 2018 06:25:55 pm
      The concussion explanation does make sense, on seeing both incidents the collective reaction would be "is he f**king crazy"?
      A dysfunctional sensory issue would lead to a general lack of awareness and reaction, this in turn would lead to people viewing the event to conclude there was something lacking in the player's skill levels and performance, even tho' it was not a regular occurrence.
      For the screw up to happen twice in the same game does suggest there were affecting factors involved.

Having suffered concussion without knowing it until being advised to check it out i totally agree, in my case i am a dopey c**t most of the time so it was fair to my manager at the time for noticing extra layers of dopey cuntness
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1229: Jun 05, 2018 06:43:45 pm
      Did he not pull off some decent saves after it happened? And he timed it well to come off his line and get to the ball in front of Benzema, right before the first goal. So how would that fit in with the concussion? Especially something like coming off his line to collect a throughball, something that wouldnā€™t have been close to him and heā€™d have had to judge properly. Surely it would have had an impact on every time he had to do something instead of just the 2 moments that led to a goal being conceded.

Iā€™m not doubting that he had concussion, I just donā€™t think it was until after the game or the next day that it actually set in.

One thing that is for sure though is it has once again highlighted just how bad officiating has become that Ramos wasnā€™t even so much as pulled up on the elbow, the ref couldnā€™t have cared less when Karius was telling him heā€™d just been hit in the head.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1230: Jun 05, 2018 07:01:13 pm
      Having suffered concussion without knowing it until being advised to check it out i totally agree, in my case i am a dopey c**t most of the time so it was fair to my manager at the time for noticing extra layers of dopey cuntness

Plus 1 for ā€œextra layers of dopey cuntnessā€.

Well played sir, well played - a joy to behold 👌
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1231: Jun 05, 2018 07:18:25 pm
      Karius was in the 2nd half of our season what Moreno was in the 1st. A mediocre player managing not to F**k up too much, suddenly raised by fans to a level where he doesn't belong. Remember that Moreno's heartfelt interview to Melissa Reddy on how he had come back from the ashes? Oh dear. Karius was never that great for us. Even his best moments were overhyped. One of the saves he made (Everton? Newcastle? Can't remember) I'd expect at least 80% of Premier League keepers to make, but it was the talk of the week.

We all love a redemption story, a feel good factor. I used to be a sucker for those too, but then I grew up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1232: Jun 05, 2018 07:30:35 pm
      Plus 1 for ā€œextra layers of dopey cuntnessā€.

Well played sir, well played - a joy to behold 👌

Thanks, i would thoroughly recommend not tripping up and headbutting a wall after a night out which caused said concussion.  Up there with my recent trip to a and e caused by missing the step getting on a bus and getting a small puncture wound as a result and a withering look from the bus driver as he got off to see my legs stuck between the bus and kerb
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1233: Jun 05, 2018 07:32:34 pm
      Thanks, i would thoroughly recommend not tripping up and headbutting a wall after a night out which caused said concussion.  Up there with my recent trip to a and e caused by missing the step getting on a bus and getting a small puncture wound as a result and a withering look from the bus driver as he got off to see my legs stuck between the bus and kerb

Bloody hell FK10 you walk around bladdered all the time? ;D

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1234: Jun 05, 2018 07:37:30 pm
      Bloody hell FK10 you walk around bladdered all the time? ;D

The bus incident was on the way to work so not guilty on that count
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #1235: Jun 05, 2018 07:52:47 pm
      1. Yes
      2. Yes, though from a style perspective not sure how good Courtois would be in a sweeper system, but if i'd take him as my #1 if given the chance
      3. Definitely not. Hugely overrated
      4. Not really, though Ederson is class when it comes to kicking with his left leg. But as a stopper? no, not really. He has looked very average whenever a team built enough courage to attack City. Also prone to his fair share of errors when coming out of his box. Plus he's only 6'2 and i heard that's a bad thing  ;)

Iā€™ve mentioned Lloris on a  few occasions and generally been shot down by quite a few posters. I agree he is a bit over rated and particularly this season has had some shaky moments but it does baffle me when it gets rejected out of hand that he is a better keeper than Karius. The guy has been first choice at spurs for the past 5 years, playing as s sweeper keeper in a slide that likes to press with a high line with a good defensive record. Added to which he skippers the French national side (at least he was, not sure if he still does) and has had the arm band at spurs at times as well I think. Would I take him over Karius? Too bloody right I would.

As for Ederson. I sat in the city end at St Maryā€™s for the last game of the season courtesy of a free ticket. He loves Ederson, said he is the biggest reason for their defensive improvement this season. Pep was pretty ruthless moving on from Bravo after just one season. We need something similar from Klopp regards our two jugglers.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 07:59:05 pm by Scottbot »
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #1236: Jun 05, 2018 07:58:11 pm
      Karius was in the 2nd half of our season what Moreno was in the 1st. A mediocre player managing not to f**k up too much, suddenly raised by fans to a level where he doesn't belong. Remember that Moreno's heartfelt interview to Melissa Reddy on how he had come back from the ashes? Oh dear. Karius was never that great for us. Even his best moments were overhyped. One of the saves he made (Everton? Newcastle? Can't remember) I'd expect at least 80% of Premier League keepers to make, but it was the talk of the week.

We all love a redemption story, a feel good factor. I used to be a sucker for those too, but then I grew up.

Absolutely bang on mate, would plus 2 if I could.

Itā€™s tome to raise the expectation level Reds. This team could be on the brink of something really special I feel but we canā€™t afford to carry players or hope they come good, especially not in s position as critical as goal keeper.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1237: Jun 05, 2018 08:02:17 pm
      Iā€™ve mentioned Lloris on a  few occasions and generally been shot down by quite a few posters. I agree he is a bit over rated and particularly this season has had some shaky moments but it does baffle me when it gets rejected out of hand that he is a better keeper than Karius. The guy has been first choice at spurs for the past 5 years, playing as s sweeper keeper in a slide that likes to press with a high line with a good defensive record. Added to which he skippers the French national side (at least he was, not sure if he still does) and has had the arm band at spurs at times as well I think. Would I take him over Karius? Too bloody right I would.

As for Ederson. I sat in the city end at St Maryā€™s for the last game of the season courtesy of a free ticket. He loves Ederson, said he is the biggest reason for their defensive improvement this season. Pep was pretty ruthless moving on from Bravo after just one season. We need something similar from Klopp regards our two jugglers.

Most people would take lloris over karius but don't think he is in the de gea class
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1238: Jun 05, 2018 08:06:50 pm

Dopey c**t
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #1239: Jun 05, 2018 08:14:37 pm
      Most people would take lloris over karius but don't think he is in the de gea class

I fully agree mate, de gea is the best in the league by a country mile unfortunately.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1240: Jun 05, 2018 08:17:37 pm

Not me, Lloris gets away with a sh*t ton of mistakes that, if he were one of our keepers, he would get slaughtered for. Switches off too often for my liking and his distribution is patchy at best.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1241: Jun 05, 2018 09:28:01 pm
      We had the best defence in the league for the second half of the season surely Karius had a hand in that.

Quick Reply