Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 205047 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Jul 05, 2018 10:36:46 pm
      watch the video in the post below yours and then decide if harsh

Seen the video, lad is entitled to have a holiday. Be more annoyed if he was just out on the piss
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1289: Jul 05, 2018 10:39:50 pm
      Just seen his video of his Calafornian break and how its helped get over the champions league heartbreak.

Bit of a knob this fella..Not sure hes the right mindset for this club

Not sure you are if you're going off Instagram videos, or whatever they are, of him on holiday to decide if he's right for the club.

If he'd made a worldly save in the CL Final and won us the cup you'd be saying the video was boss and not that he's not right for us.

Chat some sh*t, you.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1290: Jul 05, 2018 10:46:21 pm
      As long as he isn't shining the club in a bad light and is going to knuckle down and prove his worth to try and make amends for the final, then who cares what he does or doesn't do on holiday?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1291: Jul 05, 2018 10:51:49 pm
      Partly my point why post anything be it moping or eating ice cream? Who giives a F**k? Why mot stay away from social media do whatever you want and come back ready to go for the season. Why have to feel the need to make a little montage of your holiday? AZ made a decent point on the age thing.

Love to see a montage of Milners holiday

If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch his social media. Just unfollow him or don't watch when you see something.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1292: Jul 06, 2018 07:54:58 am
      Milner posted a picture(s) of his holiday too. Is he a knob for doing so? Or is he allowed to do that? No one is forcing you to look at that video. The vast majority of young people are active on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, ... whatever.

You're just looking for a stick to beat him with.

posting picrures is a lot different from making a video to post. In my opinion hes a bit of an arse and thats down to the video F**k all yo with football
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1293: Jul 06, 2018 08:00:41 am
      Not sure you are if you're going off Instagram videos, or whatever they are, of him on holiday to decide if he's right for the club.

If he'd made a worldly save in the CL Final and won us the cup you'd be saying the video was boss and not that he's not right for us.

Chat some sh*t, you.

Chat some sh*t do i? In the right place so ad it seems to be the norm here so I fit right in. Enjoy your weekend
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #1294: Jul 06, 2018 08:16:05 am
      Rib will go Fukushima  after seeing Karius start in goal ....

;D

As for the video.. Much ado about nothing..
      Kopite78
      Reply #1295: Jul 06, 2018 08:45:15 am
      Someone showed me a video of Milner doing slow motion bombs into a pool on holiday

The bad tit  eh 🙄
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #1296: Jul 06, 2018 09:03:55 am
      Sounds like Karius will be our #1 Keeper for some time yet..

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/306090-Jürgen-klopp-loris-karius-concussion

Jürgen Klopp has spoken for the first time about the concussion Loris Karius sustained in the Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid in May.

The goalkeeper returned to Melwood on Monday to begin pre-season training with Liverpool and is likely to figure in Saturday’s friendly encounter with Chester FC.

Asked whether he feels he has to do anything differently in terms of managing Karius ahead of 2018-19, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s all normal here. I don’t know exactly what people think or made of the situation. The only thing I can say is he had a concussion in the game.

“Whoever had a concussion knows there is not one way how it feels, there are different ways. He didn’t feel it obviously. He had a knock on his head and he felt that but he didn’t know he had a concussion. That’s how concussions are. The guy who has it is the last one to be aware of it probably.

“With all the intensity of the game, adrenaline and the disappointment after the game, nobody really thought about that. I needed a few days, to be honest, to accept the fact and deal with the situation [of losing the final]. It was not that easy.

“After four days I got a call from Franz Beckenbauer, our Bobby Moore, our biggest football player who is a good friend of mine. He called me and said he came from a doctor, he told me: ‘your goalkeeper had a concussion.’ I said, ‘what?’ because in the game, from my position that situation is not very good to see: ‘maybe there was contact or not.’ I told him immediately, ‘OK’. He said the doctor is the most famous doctor in Germany. I said: ‘OK, give me a few minutes, I have to fix a few things.’

“I got all the pictures from different perspectives, saw it and thought: ‘how can we all think that the boy who didn’t show any weakness in that game until then made these big mistakes in a very important game and nobody thinks it’s because of the knock he got?’ How can we think that? That was, for me, the explanation and I thought: ‘OK, come on, we need to check that.’

“I thought it was too late, you cannot check that. But now I know a concussion isn’t coming and going in a day – if you have one, you see it days later. Five days after the final, Loris had 26 of 30 markers for a concussion still. That’s clear.

“If you ask Loris, he says he didn’t think about it and didn’t use it for a second as an excuse. We don’t use it as an excuse, we use it as an explanation. That’s always important, that’s what analysis should be: you explain why things happen. So, from this point of view, from my side everything is fine. We don’t think about that anymore and we start completely new.”

Now back at Melwood and preparing for the season ahead, Klopp insists the Champions League final must be put behind Karius, with a ‘business as usual’ approach adopted by all parties.

The boss said: “That’s how it is. You make a mistake against Chester and it’s a mistake. If you make a mistake in a Champions League final, it’s a mistake you cannot change anymore, even if you want to – and we all want to.

“He was influenced by that knock, that is 100 per cent. What the rest of the world is making of it, I don’t care. It’s really not important what the people say. We do not use it as an excuse.

“Now people could think for us it is the explanation – and for me it is 100 per cent the explanation and that’s all.”
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1297: Jul 06, 2018 09:06:51 am
      Partly my point why post anything be it moping or eating ice cream? Who giives a F**k? Why mot stay away from social media do whatever you want and come back ready to go for the season. Why have to feel the need to make a little montage of your holiday? AZ made a decent point on the age thing.

Love to see a montage of Milners holiday

Thoughts?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BksXCWYlPKP/?taken-by=jamesmilnerofficial
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1298: Jul 06, 2018 09:14:47 am
      Outside of spending ridiculous amounts of money then there doesn’t seem much alternatives to Karius starting as the No1.

Good luck to him as it will take something and some to recover from the CL final,opposition fans will be baiting at every opportunity not to mention the so called LFC fans!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1299: Jul 06, 2018 10:33:57 am
      Someone showed me a video of Milner doing slow motion bombs into a pool on holiday

The bad tit  eh 🙄

Yeah, and no baywatch music, what a shithouse.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1300: Jul 06, 2018 10:38:01 am
      https://www.premierleague.com/players/4179/Simon-Mignolet/stats?co=1&se=79

https://www.premierleague.com/players/19600/Loris-Karius/stats?co=1&se=79

Stats for anyone who is interested, and remember, Migs had the Disney gang in front of him.

I do wonder if we would have seen a stronger and more confident Migs if he had VVD and Robertson in front of him.

Migs went for an icecream during a free kick.
      Neither keeper has 90 minutes of mental sharpness in them,
      and that's now LFC's biggest issue.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1301: Jul 06, 2018 11:20:50 am
      Klopp is a bloody idiot if he persists with Karius and he'll go quite a few more finals, as will we, before winning anything, because I am not buying this concussion crap, its a just a very convenient excuse.
      Oh well we'll have to settle for another top 4 season at best then because with Karius we will win sod all, the lad will choke again and again and again.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1302: Jul 06, 2018 11:36:04 am
      Apology from me it was concussion.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1303: Jul 06, 2018 01:23:41 pm
      It is tunnel vision if we head into another season with this keeper. Regardless of the final; moment of madness, concussion, whatever - its his performances throughout the season I have more concerns about.

He can't command his box, his distribution is poor and has history dropping a clanger.  We'll continue being a cup team without consistency.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1304: Jul 06, 2018 02:17:06 pm
      As long as he isn't shining the club in a bad light and is going to knuckle down and prove his worth to try and make amends for the final, then who cares what he does or doesn't do on holiday?

Didn't you hear...you aren't allowed a holiday if you make a mistake in a big game. And if you get one, you certainly aren't allowed to actually enjoy it.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1305: Jul 06, 2018 02:58:46 pm
      More than happy to hear Klopp defending the Karius in the press today, that's what managers should do just so long as he buys another keeper though. Karius can heal himself as a backup. It would be crazy to have him continue as the undisputed number 1. The lad is another costly error away from a nervous breakdown. i see we are 2nd favourites for the title with a number of bookies. That's great but I'm certain we would never win it with Karius as our number one keeper. Fingers crossed we'll see some keeper movement when the World Cup ends. If Allison goes somewhere there may start a bit of carousel of transfers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1306: Jul 06, 2018 03:05:42 pm
      Apology from me ... it was concussion. (My post match comments)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44735514

Liverpool keeper Loris Karius was "100%" affected by a concussion in their Champions League final loss to Real Madrid, says manager Jürgen Klopp.

Errors by Karius, 25, led to the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev in May.

Karius collided with Sergio ( C**t) Ramos with the score goalless, and five days later was discovered to have "26 of 30 markers for a concussion" in tests.

"We don't use it as an excuse, we use it as an explanation," said Klopp.

"For me, it is 100% the explanation [for his performance]. He was influenced by that knock - that is 100%."

In the days following the final, Karius told fans he was "infinitely sorry" for his performance and he later received death threats, prompting a police investigation.

A week later doctors confirmed he had suffered a concussion during the game but Klopp has not spoken about the injury until now.

"If you ask Loris, he says he didn't think about it and didn't use it for a second as an excuse," added Klopp, whose will take a squad including Karius to face Chester City in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.

"From this point of view, from my side everything is fine. We don't think about that any more and we start completely new."
      Beckenbauer input - 'We have to check'

Klopp explained that former Germany captain and manager Franz Beckenbauer told him that a highly-respected German doctor believed Karius had suffered the concussion during the defeat in Kiev.

The former Borussia Dortmund boss admitted the prospect had not crossed his mind but felt compelled to investigate following his friend's input.

Klopp added: "I got all the pictures from different perspectives, saw it and thought 'how can we all think that the boy who didn't show any weakness in that game until then made these big mistakes in a very important game and nobody thinks it's because of the knock he got?'

"How can we think that? That was, for me, the explanation and I thought: 'OK, come on, we need to check that.'

"I thought it was too late, you cannot check that.

But now I know a concussion isn't coming and going in a day - if you have one, you see it days later.

Five days after the final, Loris had 26 of 30 markers for a concussion still.

That's clear."

CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1307: Jul 06, 2018 04:58:21 pm
      Klopp sticking up for Karius is what you'd expect to see and keeping him as the #1 next season is the sensible thing to do given how expensive someone as unconvincing as Alisson is. Will be interesting to see who's his backup; someone like Ward, a veteran whose role will also be to mentor, or someone to challenge Karius for the #1 spot.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #1308: Jul 06, 2018 06:30:12 pm
      Klopp sticking up for Karius is what you'd expect to see and keeping him as the #1 next season is the sensible thing to do given how expensive someone as unconvincing as Alisson is. Will be interesting to see who's his backup; someone like Ward, a veteran whose role will also be to mentor, or someone to challenge Karius for the #1 spot.

I would go with Ward as backup and promote Grabara to first team, so he can start adjusting as he could be our no1 in near future

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1309: Jul 06, 2018 06:41:48 pm

Sorry but I'm fairly sure a successful manager, ie one who hasn't lost 6 finals on the bounce(3 of them with us) , would not stick with Karius, for example no way in hell a Maureen, Fergie or our own illustrious former managers would accept second best for our goalkeeper and that is what Karius is, an ok bang average second tier goalkeeper, we need and deserve better.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1310: Jul 06, 2018 07:07:53 pm
      Sorry but I'm fairly sure a successful manager, ie one who hasn't lost 6 finals on the bounce(3 of them with us) , would not stick with Karius, for example no way in hell a Maureen, Fergie or our own illustrious former managers would accept second best for our goalkeeper and that is what Karius is, an ok bang average second tier goalkeeper, we need and deserve better.

;D, the shtick takes a new twist. Now Klopp is not a successful manager.

Quick Reply